Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larry Holmes: "Lanky is past his prime and that beating I gave him...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
BigG
When Larry was being interviewed after the weigh in, he was asked about what he thought of rematch between Lanky Gawn and Harold Angus. Larry's reply:

"Harold will knock him out. My fight with Lanky was close on the cards, but if you watch the fight, you see that I gave him a slow and steady beating throughout the fight. I hurt him that night. Lanky was a legend in his time but now he is damaged goods. he was past it going into our fight, imagine now? I'm interested to see how he looks this sunday. To be honest with you, I think he just about done."

Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 16 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]378781[/snapback]
When Larry was being interviewed after the weigh in, he was asked about what he thought of rematch between Lanky Gawn and Harold Angus. Larry's reply:

"Harold will knock him out. My fight with Lanky was close on the cards, but if you watch the fight, you see that I gave him a slow and steady beating throughout the fight. I hurt him that night. Lanky was a legend in his time but now he is damaged goods. he was past it going into our fight, imagine now? I'm interested to see how he looks this sunday. To be honest with you, I think he just about done."

Maxy Krumbsnatcher responded to Larry's claim that Lanky is done by saying, "It's not true. Lanky is still one of the top 3 heavyweights in the world. His performances against Holmes and Tyson weren't good but he has been fighting the wrong way for a long time now. If he gets back to doing what he did when he was champion, he can be champion again. I don't really know how he'll fare at his new gym...Insanity International...I mean they ain't an established gym like this one here so the training, the sparring and the tactics might not be good enough, but Lanky is still a threat. I'm sure of it."

Angus added, "Holmes would've always given Lanky problems...Larry is the second best heavyweight in the world right now, no doubt about it. I wanna fight Lanky cos he holds a win over me...I wanna avenge it and I wanna fight Larry after that. It makes good sense. But no, Lanky ain't done yet..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.