Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those interested...Sergi/Valuev results.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BGv2.0
I just finished wasting my time watching the live feed for this fight. Sergi came in at a career high 251lbs. Valuev simply jab his way to a BORING UD. As par for the HW division here of late. No KDs. Just a boring Jab fest that left Sergi's face looking like a big red scratch. Proved only that Sergi's too damn fat.
BGv2.0
Blow out on trhe cards.

120-108
120-108
120-107

Valuev
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:03 PM) [snapback]378858[/snapback]
I just finished wasting my time watching the live feed for this fight. Sergi came in at a career high 251lbs. Valuev simply jab his way to a BORING UD. As par for the HW division here of late. No KDs. Just a boring Jab fest that left Sergi's face looking like a big red scratch. Proved only that Sergi's too damn fat.

I too, just finished watching the fight! It was not a "fight of the year" type match but it wasn't boring either. Valuev Dominated the fight from the start. I must say I was impressed by the Giant. He showed much improvement in his technique. His punches landed clean and often. He showed some real pop in his punch and Totally dominated the ex champ granted Sergi was overweight and hasn't fought in a year and a half. I give a lot of credit to Valuev and look foward to seeing him fight one of the four champs. Personally I would like to see him fight Wladimir. I think he can really give Wlad some trouble!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:09 PM) [snapback]378861[/snapback]
I too, just finished watching the fight! It was not a "fight of the year" type match but it wasn't boring either.

Buddy...nobody attempts to take interest in the HW division as much as me....but I gotta say....if you did not consider that BORING....then people are simply getting accustomed to total shit.

That was a terribly boring fight.

And for anybody else interested....Meehan TKOd Bates in 3.
D-MARV
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 16 2008, 06:25 PM) [snapback]378863[/snapback]
Buddy...nobody attempts to take interest in the HW division as much as me....but I gotta say....if you did not consider that BORING....then people are simply getting accustomed to total shit.

That was a terribly boring fight.
And for anybody else interested....Meehan TKOd Bates in 3.

It wasn't a competative fight! But I wouldn't go so far to say that it was terribly boring fight or say that Valuev just jabbed his way to a UD. Valuev totally destroyed this guy. He busted his face and Nearly stopped him on numerous occasions. The corner for Sergi threatend to stop the fight at least 3 times. It wasn't an exciting fight but let's give Valuev his credit. He handed out a brutal beating!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 16 2008, 08:02 PM) [snapback]378865[/snapback]
It wasn't a competative fight! But I wouldn't go so far to say that it was terribly boring fight or say that Valuev just jabbed his way to a UD. Valuev totally destroyed this guy. He busted his face and Nearly stopped him on numerous occasions. The corner for Sergi threatend to stop the fight at least 3 times. It wasn't an exciting fight but let's give Valuev his credit. He handed out a brutal beating!

Well...what I saw was a one sided Jab fest. Which is in no way anything but boring IMHO. I do give Valuev credit for doing what he should have done....getting the W over a fat out of shape recent title holder that had not fought in over a year and a half. I did not see it as "a brutal beating" nor do I think he "destroyed" Sergi....he beat a guy that threw very little in return and simply ate punches and was content to survive.

I actually thought it said more in the fact that he could not get this guy out of there.....I mean hell Briggs even managed to get that job done!

I would not advise anybody to set and watch this fight.
Fitz
I will be sure to miss it.
BigG
The Heavweight division is by far the most pathetic division...I didnt even know this fight happened until I read this thread.
stateofthegame
I knew what was going to happen in this fight as soon as I saw Sergei's weight. He was out of shape when he fought Briggs and Briggs beat him, so I knew Sergei would get beat in this one as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.