Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pavlik-Taylor II: Round by Round/Postfight (Spoilers aprox. 8:15 CST)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
FOLLOW ALL OF THE ACTION ON HBO PPV WITH FIGHT HYPE'S EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE OF PAVLIK-TAYLOR II!

Here is the link to our round by round updates:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...a519e50ac8c278c

The card begins at 8:00 PM CST on PPV. Please keep everything in this thread. Duplicate threads will be closed.

Jack

Administrator
The CEO
So who's watching this here?....got alot of guests...could use some commentary in this thread.
Byrd Man
Well considering I have Pavlik in the fantasy thing, I want him to win by Knockout. As brutal as possible. lol
The CEO
Well...I ain't watching the fight...but Lederman has it 4-2 Taylor going into the 7th...
Byrd Man
Lederman's on crack most of the nights. Either that or he's smuggling shit out of his Pharmacy after closing time.
The CEO
Yeah...I dogged Lederman out the other day...his best days are behind him.
flazi
taylor aint doing shit, this is all pavlik, jab jab right good fight by pavlik so far.
lilpoppapump
QUOTE(flazi @ Feb 17 2008, 12:57 AM) [snapback]378910[/snapback]
taylor aint doing shit, this is all pavlik, jab jab right good fight by pavlik so far.

Espn says different. They have JT by 1 going into the 10th.
flazi
nice body work by pavlik in the 11th.
flazi
he has like 1 spurt each round (taylor) but pavlik is making this fight.
The CEO
Dan Rafael has it 6-4 Taylor going into the 11th....
flazi
dan rafael is and idiot then
flazi
taylor is now holding on
The CEO
I'm just throwing them out there, man...seems like mixed opinions on this one...
flazi
no way in hell taylor wins that fight, i had pavlik 8 to 4
lilpoppapump
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 17 2008, 01:08 AM) [snapback]378917[/snapback]
I'm just throwing them out there, man...seems like mixed opinions on this one...

Yahoo has it close also.
flazi
great fight, taylor fought defensively well but just didn't do enough.
The CEO
Official cards...

117-111
115-113
116-112

All for Pavlik
PR316
115-113 for Pavlik. Very competitive fight. Pavlik won it in the championship rounds with that strong surge.
D-MARV
I had it 115-113 Pavlik. The body shot in the 11th won the fight for Kelly the Ghost.
I thought it was a close fight but the better man won. I admit I was wrong! but a lot closer than Most of yall expected.
flazi
i wasn't as generous as you guys, i had it 8 to 4, i just can't give taylor credit for fighting 30 seconds a round when the other guy is fighting the full 3 minutes. On another note, did the commentating by Lampley suck or what? when pavlik was dominating a round it was silence then when taylor had his little flurries it was like "A big left hand by taylor!!!" wtf?
D-MARV
QUOTE(flazi @ Feb 17 2008, 12:27 AM) [snapback]378930[/snapback]
i wasn't as generous as you guys, i had it 8 to 4, i just can't give taylor credit for fighting 30 seconds a round when the other guy is fighting the full 3 minutes. On another note, did the commentating by Lampley suck or what? when pavlik was dominating a round it was silence then when taylor had his little flurries it was like "A big left hand by taylor!!!" wtf?

No No
I thought the commentary was even!
Lampley was giving Pavlik credit for his jabs and for staying busy
Fitz
I scored it 116-112 for Pavlik

1. Pavlik
2. Taylor
3. Taylor
4. Pavlik (close)
5. Pavlik
6. Taylor
7. Taylor (close)
8. Pavlik (close)
9. Pavlik
10. Pavlik
11. Pavlik
12. Pavlik

The fight could have been much closer than my card show and I actually thought Taylor looked pretty good (compared to how he has looked recently) in defeat. I think was actually more impressive than Pavlik, but Taylor fought in spurts. His spurts were good though, but Pavlik was consistant and Pavlik closed out the show in the championship rounds. Going into the 9th, I had the fight even. Seeing this fight made me a lot more confident that a good boxer with movement would be able to outpoint Pavlik comfortably. Taylor moved a lot more, created angles, used his jab a lot more than he has in recent times. It seemed to have caused some problem for Pavlik, as he has been used to fighting fights where guys are straight up and coming to him. Also, Taylor used his jab so much more than he has in recent times and looked the best I have seen him in sometime.
Also, I'm not sure if I was the only one that noticed but did anyone else think that Taylor didn't go to the body no where near as much as he should (he didn't go there at all in the first fight). I found that everytime Taylor went to the body, he would pretty much land and I think he would have had a lot more success if he went to the body more often. He was landing well when he went there, just didn't do it enough. Maybe that's something some fighters should look at in the future when fighting Pavlik.

Also this is pretty quite. One page in a round by round thread? Usually by this time, we are on at least the 3rd or 4th. Nobody watch this fight or what? It was a pretty entertaining fight. I enjoyed it.
streetlion1
A very good fight!! Much better than the 117-111 score that one judge put down! JT did alot better job and was more patient like I thought he'd be. In the end Pavlik kinda took it over by going to the body and just not relenting on his attack. JT earned alot of his respect back and then some! It'll be interesting to see what he does at 168 if anything.
D-MARV
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 17 2008, 12:34 AM) [snapback]378936[/snapback]
A very good fight!! Much better than the 117-111 score that one judge put down! JT did alot better job and was more patient like I thought he'd be. In the end Pavlik kinda took it over by going to the body and just not relenting on his attack. JT earned alot of his respect back and then some! It'll be interesting to see what he does at 168 if anything.

JT should go after one of the belts!
I think he can be champ by the end of this year!
flazi
the jabs, lampley only gave him credit for them cause stewart keep on saying it. There were great body shots and left hooks by pavlik that weren't even called. By the way, i thought stewart was a real class act about him getting fired. He had chances to bad mouth taylor but he took the high road.
WolfishPromistah
Yay for Jermaine on the representing! That's all I want a fighter to do -- any of 'em -- win, lose, or draw. He went in there and gave what he could RIGHT after losing emphatically to this same guy, making no excuses that Kelly was better the first time. Instead, Jermain went back in there to try to do it right the second time but came up short. Still, he didn't avoid it and wasn't supposed to(it wasn't for the belt, but for pride).

They are on the championship level here, so to hell with that 'extra stuff.' I'm tired of people talking about tune ups all the time. If ya can't handle it, get out the game. Bring real fights back, where real fighters test their metal CONSTANTLY, like they s'posed to.

Jermaine Taylor ducks NOBODY, even if he was quoted and criticized for talking about getting paid. [smile]
D-MARV
QUOTE(flazi @ Feb 17 2008, 12:39 AM) [snapback]378939[/snapback]
the jabs, lampley only gave him credit for them cause stewart keep on saying it. There were great body shots and left hooks by pavlik that weren't even called. By the way, i thought stewart was a real class act about him getting fired. He had chances to bad mouth taylor but he took the high road.

Tru Dat,
But Stewart had no room to talk! When he trained JT he got knocked out! Ozell did a good job tonight and I think he got JT back on championship Status. I think JT will win a belt @ 168
flazi
if jermain fought like he fought tonight, then he will pick up a belt at 168. He did represent tonight.
BigG
I was not impressed with Pavlik....I didn't score the fight...but going into the last 2 rounds I felt Taylor needed to win 1 of them to pull it out. I felt like it could have been a draw but I knew Pavilik was going to get the decision.

Jermain for all his sloppy technique actually fought smart.

caneman
JT finally kept his left hand up & put forth a good afford. i had it 116-112 but would be ok with 115-113. i feel that anyone that had JT after 6-7 rounds were just in total awe of JT's spurts of activity. the ghost was much more effective IMO...just too many punches thrown & landed. JT was game though & for the most part stayed off the ropes. the ghost needs to add to his game & go to the body more & use his left hook after that jab,jab str8 rthand. i will say that @ this point, tito should stay away from kelly. he just throws way too many punches....6 years ago would have been interesting though...@ least with both of them being in their primes.
the bottom line is for a middle weight to throw 845 & land @ 32% is going to have his hands full. not that kelly is unbeatable, just what would you have to throw & land to beat him?
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 17 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]378950[/snapback]
I was not impressed with Pavlik....I didn't score the fight...but going into the last 2 rounds I felt Taylor needed to win 1 of them to pull it out. I felt like it could have been a draw.

Jermain for all his sloppy technique actually fought smart.

That's pretty much how I saw it, though I did score the fight and thought Pavlik won. I thought it was closer than my scorecards showed. I also mentioned that Taylor did pretty well with what he had. He fought a smart fight and looked better than Pavlik when he was on. But he fought in spurts and it cost him. I wasn't impressed with Pavlik either, but then again. I never have been impressed with him. He is ok when he fights guys that stand in front of him and don't move well. He will lose to a good boxer with movement. Taylor is not even the greatest boxer and when he was boxing, it seemed to throw Pavlik off a little.
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 17 2008, 12:57 AM) [snapback]378951[/snapback]
JT finally kept his left hand up & put forth a good afford. i had it 116-112 but would be ok with 115-113. i feel that anyone that had JT after 6-7 rounds were just in total awe of JT's spurts of activity. the ghost was much more effective IMO...just too many punches thrown & landed. JT was game though & for the most part stayed off the ropes. the ghost needs to add to his game & go to the body more & use his left hook after that jab,jab str8 rthand. i will say that @ this point, tito should stay away from kelly. he just throws way too many punches....6 years ago would have been interesting though...@ least with both of them being in their primes.
the bottom line is for a middle weight to throw 845 & land @ 32% is going to have his hands full. not that kelly is unbeatable, just what would you have to throw & land to beat him?

Any fighter with a Jab and good movement can beat Pavlik! But Kelly is still the number 1 middleweight in the world. I wont take that from him. But after tonight I think he is just a little more beatable
D-MARV
Hey How is this for a fight

Paul Williams Vs Kelly Pavlik!!!!!!
total war!
Both Have good chins,
at this time I favor Pavlik but let PWill hav a couple tune ups @ 160, then who knows
BigG
Like I said though thats the "feel" I had after 10..I didn't score the fight. Pavlik was busier but Jermain was landing the cleaner punches but faded down the stretch as expected..But yeah fitz, he did the best he could.
caneman
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:00 AM) [snapback]378955[/snapback]
Any fighter with a Jab and good movement can beat Pavlik! But Kelly is still the number 1 middleweight in the world. I wont take that from him. But after tonight I think he is just a little more beatable

i believe a good boxing could beat him to...my main point is can you beat him when he lands 32% of 845 punches? good luck to the one who can.
BigG
Jermain looked really hurt to the body late in the fight. Round 11 I think..
D-MARV
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 17 2008, 01:10 AM) [snapback]378964[/snapback]
i believe a good boxing could beat him to...my main point is can you beat him when he lands 32% of 845 punches? good luck to the one who can.

Oh Yeah no doubt!
If kelly can put up those numbers he will be very hard to beat.
But my point is that a good boxer with movement and a jab would not allow Kelly to put those numbers up!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:03 AM) [snapback]378957[/snapback]
Hey How is this for a fight

Paul Williams Vs Kelly Pavlik!!!!!!
total war!
Both Have good chins,
at this time I favor Pavlik but let PWill hav a couple tune ups @ 160, then who knows

The sad thing is that you're not kidding... what's with people calling out mythical matchups between fighters 2+ divisions apart?

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I had this fight a draw. It was a tale of Pavlik being busier, but Taylor did land some really heavy shots. Taylor got gassed at the end of the fight, and I thought he was about 30 seconds away from going down in that 11th round. It was a pretty good fight, but I thought it would be better. I was impressed with Taylor tonight though. He stayed off the ropes for most the night, and got his jab working. He needs to work on relaxing in that ring, but that's obviously a hard thing to do. Pavlik is a solid middleweight, and he has the potential to be champ for awhile. We'll see if the Trinidad fight can get made. That fight will give him some exposure.
Kyle
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 17 2008, 01:14 AM) [snapback]378969[/snapback]
The sad thing is that you're not kidding... what's with people calling out mythical matchups between fighters 2+ divisions apart?

I dont Know
BHOP was successful
RJJ was Successful

Hell, Diego put up a good fight!

Is this not a possibilty?
Mr. Know-it-all, what is your opinion?
YOU DO KNOW THAT PAUL STARTED HIS CAREER AS A MIDDLEWEIGHT. RIGHT?
BrutalBodyShots
I scored the fight 116-112 Pavlik but felt that it was a 115-113 Pavlik win, at least that's what I expected the cards to read.

Taylor wasn't active enough to win enough rounds. By being inactive though he was able to make it to the final bell. Had he not fought in spurts and maintained a respectable pace he would have gassed and been knocked out. There were a few times late in the fight that it looked like Taylor was ready to be taken out if a flush right hand landed like it did in the 7th of the first fight.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:17 AM) [snapback]378972[/snapback]
I dont Know
BHOP was successful
RJJ was Successful

So you're placing Williams in the same category as Hopkins and Jones? LOL.

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:17 AM) [snapback]378972[/snapback]

My opinion is that it's crazy to discuss a mythical matchup between the best fighter in the world at X division and a fighter X-2 divisions below that isn't even one of the top 3 guys.

BigG
RJ was in the crowd...you think he'll fight Pavlik after seeing the fight?
LeeGenius
It comes down to Pavlik being a bit taller and longer and having more stamina. That gives him the jab advantage and the fight.

Outside of the body shot in the 11th Taylor landed the more meaningful punches, really by a fairly large margin when I think about it. The 117-11 score card was retarted. I was thinking it would be a draw on the scorecards.
D-MARV
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:17 AM)
I dont Know
BHOP was successful
RJJ was Successful

So you're placing Williams in the same category as Hopkins and Jones? LOL.

QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:17 AM)

My opinion is that it's crazy to discuss a mythical matchup between the best fighter in the world at X division and a fighter X-2 divisions below that isn't even one of the top 3 guys." -Brutal

Well my point is that this could be a intresting fight considering the fact that PWILL is just as long if not longer than Kelly as well as busier than Kelly and has a Decent chin!
This could make for a good fight!
But according to you nothing I say makes sense. I said JT would pull off the UD and I got blasted for that! I said that Winky-Bhop fight was a close fight and you blasted me for that then you tell me to go back to the old threads to back your point and I found that most people saw it How I saw it. BUt hey you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.
JD
I had it 116-113 Pavlik.

D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 17 2008, 01:38 AM) [snapback]378982[/snapback]
I had it 116-113 Pavlik.

Which round did you have even?
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 17 2008, 01:39 AM) [snapback]378983[/snapback]
Which round did you have even?

LOL...man...I don't remember off the top of my head.

I have had more than a few at this point in time.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 17 2008, 01:42 AM) [snapback]378984[/snapback]
LOL...man...I don't remember off the top of my head.

I have had more than a few at this point in time.

Yeah,
Some of those rounds were very close! I had one round even but then at the last second I gave it to Kelly (after I saw the Replays and stats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.