Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kimbo did it for the Hood!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > MMA Leagues
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Douchebag
He diserves his repect. Who's next?
Fitz
Sick thread.

You should make another Kimbo thread.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 17 2008, 12:56 AM) [snapback]378949[/snapback]
Sick thread.

You should make another Kimbo thread.

I was so into the JT-Pavlik fight that I forgot all about this fight. I assume Kimbo dominated. Did HE?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 17 2008, 01:08 AM) [snapback]378962[/snapback]
I'm guessing he did. I didn't watch it either. I was watching some professional fighters tonight. Didn't feel like watching an internet hero fight. I can watch internet fights anytime I want on youtube.
LOL. thats how I feel about Kimbo!
Hey Ive been calling for Kimbo Slice Vs Mike Tyson for over a year now
BigG
I watched it on youtube..... Kimbo and Tank traded shots from the opening bell. Kimbo caught him with some big shots and knocked Tank out .
Douchebag
So where's Electric Slinky and WHITE buffalo at now? What's up with all the WAR Tank bullshit? LOL

Tank got crushed. The skin head went down and went down hard. taunt.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 17 2008, 07:50 AM) [snapback]379005[/snapback]
So where's Electric Slinky and WHITE buffalo at now? What's up with all the WAR Tank bullshit? LOL
Tank got crushed. The skin head went down and went down hard. taunt.gif

I know huh! They are mighty quiet now...maybe thier visiting Tank in the hospital!
Southeastpaw
Kimbo looked sharp. Tank actually looked intimidated in there as well though. LOL @ Concience making racist type innuendos. Why it gotta be like that?????
Douchebag
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 17 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]379125[/snapback]
This guy is an idiot. Way to kick up a fuss. Tank was pretty much like the butter bean 8 years ago, like he is any better today. I already seen Kimbo lose on the internet against a chubby police officer. Now he has fooled idiots like you because he fights internet caliber fights on TV.

Hey Shitz shut the fuck up. Just because the hood is the hood and we destroyed the peckerwood, you got to come in and sprinkle your little salt around. Kimbo is the truth and he had Tanks heart in his back pocket. LOL @ you being mad at all this perfection. aggressive.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 17 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]379106[/snapback]
Kimbo looked sharp. Tank actually looked intimidated in there as well though. LOL @ Concience making racist type innuendos. Why it gotta be like that?????

I'm just fucking around. Shits funny. dntknw.gif
ElectricTwinkie
I've been busy PM'ing White Buffalo, but I'm still here.

Kimbo fans: you seem to forget the opening 5 seconds of the fight-Tank met Kimbo in the center of the cage, and rocked Kimbo back and THEN he outmuscled him.

You also seem to forget the big shots to the back of the head Tank took. But then again, you all you Kimbo chumps are casual MMA fans and wouldn't know a kimura from a kimono. But that's ok. Kimbo's your hero, your role model, your insipration. Enjoy it.
TheWhiteBuffalo
First, I will say that I am terribly disappointed on how the fight played out. Not only because of Tank's loss, but because we are AGAIN left with sooooo many unanswered questions about Kimbo. We didn't get to see the toe-to-toe war we were looking for, and now we must still ponder Kimbo's talent.

That being said, I believe that the turning point in the fight was the three or four shots to the back of the head. Kimbo clearly, in the heat of the moment, mistakingly hit Tank in the back of the head. After the ref broke them up and warned Kimbo, you could clearly see that Tank was rocked. It is very unfortunate to see a knockout come as a result of the illegal blows. If you have ever been punched in the back of the pumkin, you will realize why this is an extremely dangerous situation.

Had the illegal blows not happened, would the fight have been any different? Maybe not. But I do wish we had seen quite a bit more of this fight.

Did anyone catch the interviews after the fight? They mentioned a Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock fight. Anyone else want to comment of this complete F'ing waste of a time???!?!??!
BigG
This is the 3rd straight time Tank Abbott has been knocked out in the first round.
BigG
Buffalo, Sharmock is about 45 or 46, but he is still leagues ahead of Tank. I personally think this would be a test for Kimbo.
streetlion1
Kimbo is a beast...no-one can make excuses for Tank...it was over before it started. As far as Shamrock...he should of hung em up a long time ago and would be another over-the-hill guy on Kimbos list. I wouldnt mind seeing Slice V.S. Lesnar at some point!
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]379214[/snapback]
Buffalo, Sharmock is about 45 or 46, but he is still leagues ahead of Tank. I personally think this would be a test for Kimbo.

I agree that Shamrock is definitely a world above Tank in terms of skill, but this is also the same Shamrock that caved in and got KO'd by Tito Ortiz. If you can't bang with Ortiz, you certainly can't do it with Kimbo. Also, Ken just does not have the strength to keep Kimbo on the ground, nor can he pull out a submission like Frank Mir.

VERY poor fight.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]379225[/snapback]
Kimbo is a beast...no-one can make excuses for Tank...it was over before it started. As far as Shamrock...he should of hung em up a long time ago and would be another over-the-hill guy on Kimbos list. I wouldnt mind seeing Slice V.S. Lesnar at some point!

Yeah.... Kimbo Slice vs Mahatma Gandhi would have been a great one also. Dream on bro!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:49 PM) [snapback]379225[/snapback]

Yeah, all of the high level training with Bas Rutten really paid off. Kimbo has gone from a brutish street fighter to a skilled MMA figher in 6 months. Wait... /sarcasm.

Tank imposed his will on Kimbo for the first 5 seconds of the fight.
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]379230[/snapback]
Yeah, all of the high level training with Bas Rutten really paid off. Kimbo has gone from a brutish street fighter to a skilled MMA figher in 6 months. Wait... /sarcasm.
Tank imposed his will on Kimbo for the first 5 seconds of the fight.

laugh.gif 5 seconds laugh.gif wtf.gif ...43 seconds to get his ass handed to him...I didnt really see those 5 seconds you are talking about..but sure have your 5 seconds laugh.gif
ElectricTwinkie
your "boy" got pushed around by a 40yr old beer drinker. Congratulations. smile.gif
BigG
Mercer, Tank, and now Shamrock...

Why do I sense Kimbo's next 4 opponents after this will be Maurice Smith, Mark Coleman, Gary Goodridge, and a career defining fight vs. Royce Gracie?
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 18 2008, 03:20 PM) [snapback]379235[/snapback]
Mercer, Tank, and now Shamrock...
Why do I sense Kimbo's next 4 opponents after this will be Maurice Smith, Mark Coleman, Gary Goodridge, and a career defining fight vs. Royce Gracie?

LMAO. That's the post of this thread right there!
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 02:07 PM) [snapback]379234[/snapback]
your "boy" got pushed around by a 40yr old beer drinker. Congratulations. smile.gif

laugh.gif You are making no sense at all! 43 seconds for him to get whipped and your trying to say he pushed Kimbo around?! He saw quickly that he wasnt gonna win toe-toe so his punk ass went for a tackle! What happened to those "devastating haymakers"?! Tank was intimidated from the weigh-in..and his weak ass never got over it!....As for the guy talking about Kimbos fight selection...I dont see anyone lining up to fight the man either!! Go to rehab and get off the HATERADE!! thumbsdown_anim.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 17 2008, 09:02 PM) [snapback]379143[/snapback]
Hey Shitz shut the fuck up. Just because the hood is the hood and we destroyed the peckerwood, you got to come in and sprinkle your little salt around. Kimbo is the truth and he had Tanks heart in his back pocket. LOL @ you being mad at all this perfection. aggressive.gif

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 02:54 PM) [snapback]379230[/snapback]

that's kind of my gripe with MMA as a whole. Especially those UFC house guys
Warlord
Kimbo vs. Lesnar... let's make it happen. The battle between two over-hyped shitbags who have no business in a legitimate MMA-sanctioned contest. Rygay would be creaming himself hourly if this were to ever somehow take place.

To be honest though, at least Kimbo is fighting bums like the sideshow he is. The whole Brock situation is what bugs me, with ignorant fuckers foaming at the mouth about how "awesome" he is, and how he'll fucking F5 guys right in the center of the octagon or some shit. And then after he gets subbed in less than 90 seconds, I gotta hear some faggot-ass shit about how "impressive" he looked in those few seconds before getting tapped out. Ridiculous.

Noobs are gay.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 18 2008, 09:46 PM) [snapback]379280[/snapback]
Kimbo vs. Lesnar... let's make it happen. The battle between two over-hyped shitbags who have no business in a legitimate MMA-sanctioned contest. Rygay would be creaming himself hourly if this were to ever somehow take place.

To be honest though, at least Kimbo is fighting bums like the sideshow he is. The whole Brock situation is what bugs me, with ignorant fuckers foaming at the mouth about how "awesome" he is, and how he'll fucking F5 guys right in the center of the octagon or some shit. And then after he gets subbed in less than 90 seconds, I gotta hear some faggot-ass shit about how "impressive" he looked in those few seconds before getting tapped out. Ridiculous.

Noobs are gay.

Those over-hyped shit bags are bringing way more publicity to the table then that lame ass "sport" would get otherwise! Kimbo is a beast also the biggest new star in the biz and no-one is exactly beating his door down to step in with him...Lesnar is the biggest star in UFC despite losing..does that say something about how many lame ass personalites are in the biz?! I think so!! MMA fans shoud be happy these two are there!
AussieLad
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 19 2008, 03:46 AM) [snapback]379280[/snapback]

Noobs are gay.

HAHAHAHAH

No-one was actually saying brock lesnar was the second coming of fedor... and the only one foaming at the mouth was you fuck.gif

I'd watch Kimbo vs lesnar. It may not be a elite or even mid level match, but it is what it is and fights don't have to be at an elite level to be entertaining
Douchebag
I don't think Kimbo is ready to fight somebody like Brock just yet. Unless you have MASTERED how to sprawl it's going to be impossible to keep him from taking you down. I say Kimbo is still at least 1 year away from taking fight with some one who can wrestle on that level.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 19 2008, 03:58 AM) [snapback]379306[/snapback]
Those over-hyped shit bags are bringing way more publicity to the table then that lame ass "sport" would get otherwise! ..Lesnar is the biggest star in UFC despite losing..does that say something about how many lame ass personalites are in the biz?! I think so!! MMA fans shoud be happy these two are there!

Go back to watching MTV Cribs, and Real World SE DC-Anacostia, and let the real fight fans talk. fuck.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 18 2008, 09:03 AM) [snapback]379173[/snapback]
I've been busy PM'ing White Buffalo, but I'm still here.
Kimbo fans: you seem to forget the opening 5 seconds of the fight-Tank met Kimbo in the center of the cage, and rocked Kimbo back and THEN he outmuscled him.

You also seem to forget the big shots to the back of the head Tank took. But then again, you all you Kimbo chumps are casual MMA fans and wouldn't know a kimura from a kimono. But that's ok. Kimbo's your hero, your role model, your insipration. Enjoy it.

This is by far the most pathetic post that I have ever read in my entire E-Career. Congratulations.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 19 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]379311[/snapback]
This is by far the most pathetic post that I have ever read in my entire E-Career. Congratulations.

Ooh, ooh!!! What did I win?

please let it be a Commodore 64, please let it be a Commodore 64. black eye.gif clapping.gif
Southeastpaw
Comon guys. I don't understand where all the hostility is coming from about Kimbo and Lesnar. Just as Aussie stated, nobody was claiming that these guys are the second coming of Fedor. We are well aware of their limits, but they can be trained. The potential and background fighting base is there. It seems that the guys on here that have been following the sport since the UFC began are not acceptable to new fans or fighters from others walks of combat into "their" sport. Yes, there is a lot of hype around these two, which is expected seeing as where they come from. I want to see Kimbo get KOed just as bad as you guys do, but comon. Tank came into the sport a brawler, and I am confident in saying that Kimbo looked much sharper as brawler last saturday than Tank ever looked as a brawler. So if you are going to accept Tank at any time in his career as a fighter in MMA, then you would have to do the same with Kimbo. Then you have Lesnar on the other side. The championship wrestler who is testing the waters in a real combat sport. He is showing promise in the sport even in defeat. Everyone who says good things about Lesnar on here are being truthful about what he brings and aren't overexaggerating or getting of hand. It seems only those of you guys with an extreme hatred towards these two are taking it out of context.
Warlord
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 19 2008, 03:58 AM) [snapback]379306[/snapback]
Those over-hyped shit bags are bringing way more publicity to the table then that lame ass "sport" would get otherwise! Kimbo is a beast also the biggest new star in the biz and no-one is exactly beating his door down to step in with him...Lesnar is the biggest star in UFC despite losing..does that say something about how many lame ass personalites are in the biz?! I think so!! MMA fans shoud be happy these two are there!

Actually, smart guy, its the UFC that is creating publicity for Brock Lesnar. Where was he before he stepped in the UFC? Oh yeah, getting cut from NFL try-outs, or washing out of Japanese pro-wrestling organizations.

As for Kimbo, where was he before he stepped into a sanctioned MMA event? Oh yeah. He was fighting in someone's back yard. Literally.

You fail. Go home.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 19 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]379347[/snapback]
As for Kimbo, where was he before he stepped into a sanctioned MMA event? Oh yeah. He was fighting in someone's back yard. Literally.

To be fair, they were pretty nice backyards. Maybe with a pool, and slip n' slide.
BigG
But I'll give Kimbo credit for his striking. The guy must have done some boxing before. Well he is the cousin of Emmanuel Augustus I believe so he must've learned a few things from him...
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 19 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]379348[/snapback]
To be fair, they were pretty nice backyards. Maybe with a pool, and slip n' slide.

There was one backyard with nice landscaping before the fight...then Kimbo knocked the other guy through a couple of trees, and made it look like a hurricane came by.

I saw some wrecked boats in another one. A broken down Pinto, in a second. Some used drywall in another... Remind me not to come to your backyard where you think these were "nice."
Southeastpaw
The chainlinked fences in some of those fights were super swell. A fence company should do some work on some of those vids and insert their own huge company sign in there. Good advertising seeing as how much people watch those fights. Especially now. HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 20 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]379407[/snapback]
There was one backyard with nice landscaping before the fight...then Kimbo knocked the other guy through a couple of trees, and made it look like a hurricane came by.

I saw some wrecked boats in another one. A broken down Pinto, in a second. Some used drywall in another... Remind me not to come to your backyard where you think these were "nice."

I've never actually seen them, i was being sarcastic.

if i had a backyard, i would pave the whole shit, i hate grass.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 19 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]379347[/snapback]
Actually, smart guy, its the UFC that is creating publicity for Brock Lesnar. Where was he before he stepped in the UFC? Oh yeah, getting cut from NFL try-outs, or washing out of Japanese pro-wrestling organizations.

You fail. Go home.

They easily became the biggest names in the biz simply by stepping in the door...Kimbo was already creating a huge buzz on his own and Lesnar was a huge star as well and easily became the biggest name in the company! MMA tried to create buzz with everyone else...but they were lames with no personality who couldnt sell. Due to Lesnars appearence UFC 81 was the 5th biggest ppv in company history! REAL TALK! fuck.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 19 2008, 08:22 AM) [snapback]379310[/snapback]
Go back to watching MTV Cribs, and Real World SE DC-Anacostia, and let the real fight fans talk. fuck.gif

Nah...not an MTV fan sorry....Dont be mad cuz lame fighters like Tank Abbot, Chuck liddel, and Marc Coleman couldnt create that much buzz no matter how good they were...there is more in a name and personality than u think!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 21 2008, 12:15 PM) [snapback]379525[/snapback]
I've never actually seen them, i was being sarcastic.

if i had a backyard, i would pave the whole shit, i hate grass.

Sorry, I missed the sarcasm-my fault.

and +1 on the pavement. Only in America will we spend money and time on a decoration that grows so fast it needs to be cut weekly.
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 21 2008, 12:31 PM) [snapback]379527[/snapback]
Nah...not an MTV fan sorry....Dont be mad cuz lame fighters like Tank Abbot, Chuck liddel, and Marc Coleman couldnt create that much buzz no matter how good they were...there is more in a name and personality than u think!

but you don't follow MMA, so it doesn't matter anyway.

In your world, the best day is coming: Kimbo on Dancing with the Stars. It'll happen. Then you can go on www.dancehype.com and tell all the people in the tango boards how Kimbo is a natural. Cuz u no he gotz d mad skillz wit duh feetz!
Douchebag
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 21 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]379547[/snapback]
In your world, the best day is coming: Kimbo on Dancing with the Stars. It'll happen. Then you can go on www.dancehype.com and tell all the people in the tango boards how Kimbo is a natural. Cuz u no he gotz d mad skillz wit duh feetz!

lol @ tank not being able to last a whole minute with Kimbo in the cage. Did you honestly believe Stank had a chance?
streetlion1
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 21 2008, 04:04 PM) [snapback]379547[/snapback]

I follow Kimbo cause I can relate to where he comes from. I follow Lesnar just because he's Lesnar but otherwise I havent really been a fan of it since Ken Shamrock was in his prime cuz everyone else is lame to me and the quality of fights has gone down hill. Stop hatin the Slice!!
Douchebag
lMAO @ Kimbo's victory agitating the inner Klansmen in our white male counterparts. Shits Hilarious!
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 22 2008, 10:02 AM) [snapback]379587[/snapback]
I follow Kimbo cause I can relate to where he comes from. I follow Lesnar just because he's Lesnar but otherwise I havent really been a fan of it since Ken Shamrock was in his prime cuz everyone else is lame to me and the quality of fights has gone down hill. Stop hatin the Slice!!

Everyone else has been lame to you since Ken? You can honestly say that you think that Anderson Silva, GSP, and BJ Penn are lame compared to a prime Shamrock?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 21 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]379546[/snapback]
Sorry, I missed the sarcasm-my fault.

and +1 on the pavement. Only in America will we spend money and time on a decoration that grows so fast it needs to be cut weekly.

yeah, fuck grass
streetlion1
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 22 2008, 11:59 AM) [snapback]379604[/snapback]
Everyone else has been lame to you since Ken? You can honestly say that you think that Anderson Silva, GSP, and BJ Penn are lame compared to a prime Shamrock?

Those days to me are the Glory Days of UFC....Shamrock..Severn...Gracie...No I feel the level of competition isnt the same.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Every video of the Tank/Kimbo fight has been pulled off of You Tube...lol. They all read "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Pro Elite, Inc."

Damn them!!! And you think Dana White is an evil guy?!?!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.