Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fernando Montiel challenges Roger Mayweather for the BW title
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
BigG
After Montiel knocked out Mr. Unbeatable (9-9-2) in round 7 of their BW clash, Montiel sat at ringside to view the Frankie Skipton vs. Roger Mayweather for the vacant BW title.

From the start of the fight, it seemed liek Skipton was too small and was overmatched vs. Roger Mayweather who was bigger and more skilled. Mayweather put a beating on Skipton and knocked him out late in the fight. It was clear that Skipton, a natural Flyweight, had no business at 118.

Montiel vs. Mayweather was immideatly signed after the fight.

Montiel is an old vet, a former 3x champion, who's been around for a long time and has fought nothing but the best throughout his career. He understands the challenge that the cocky Mayweather presents and is prepared to leave it all in the ring. This will probably his last chance. A loss could be the end for Montiel...a win puts him back on top.

Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 17 2008, 07:13 AM) [snapback]379000[/snapback]
After Montiel knocked out Mr. Unbeatable (9-9-2) in round 7 of their BW clash, Montiel sat at ringside to view the Frankie Skipton vs. Roger Mayweather for the vacant BW title.

From the start of the fight, it seemed liek Skipton was too small and was overmatched vs. Roger Mayweather who was bigger and more skilled. Mayweather put a beating on Skipton and knocked him out late in the fight. It was clear that Skipton, a natural Flyweight, had no business at 118.

Montiel vs. Mayweather was immideatly signed after the fight.

Montiel is an old vet, a former 3x champion, who's been around for a long time and has fought nothing but the best throughout his career. He understands the challenge that the cocky Mayweather presents and is prepared to leave it all in the ring. This will probably his last chance. A loss could be the end for Montiel...a win puts him back on top.

It was definitely a step too far for Skipton and his dreams of winning a 5th world title look to be over. He has now moved back to his natural weight (flyweight) but admits he hasn't completely given up on his ambitions yet.

"Mayweather was too big...I couldn't impose my will on him and after a few rounds I knew I needed a miracle to win the fight. It didn't happen but I'm a fighters fighter and I'll be back. I'd also like to say to my old nemisis No Fear....you did great in your attempt mate, you should definitely have another go."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.