Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Tune Up before Delahoya is....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
CyruS
Wrestlemania 24

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. 7 feet tall, 400+ lbs. The Big Show.

Michael Buffer will be doing the introductions.

Few minutes ago during the WWE PPV No Way Out in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather Jr looked like he fucked up throwing fake punches and broke the Big Show's nose legit with a right hand.

Hilarious shit.
stateofthegame
If he really broke the Big Show's nose he will not make it to Wrestlemania, because he is getting beatdown in the locker room.
CyruS
It was an entertaining segment. Big Show was a literal Giant compared to Floyd and then got on his knees so he could be the same height as Floyd, and Floyd just walks up and gives him the 2 piece and a biscuit and left Big Show's face with mash potatoes. Then Floyd and his crew ran out of there like somebody called the cops.
D-MARV
I know an even funnier Tune-up! I read a report that Floyd Mayweather will be sparring with Lil Bow Wow for Bow Wow's 21st birthday...LOL smile.gif
kidbazooka1
Mayweather is a f*cking joke. DLH gets bash for nothging yet Gayweather gets props for being a on some fake ass TV show.
STEVENSKI
I would pay to see Paul Wright bearhug PBF & fracture his spine.
David Shirt
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 17 2008, 11:51 PM) [snapback]379154[/snapback]
Mayweather is a f*cking joke. DLH gets bash for nothging yet Gayweather gets props for being a on some fake ass TV show.

de la Hoya gets bashed for dressing up in women's underwear. Floyd Mayweather is awesome, and this angle is awesome. The haters are all legit retards.
CyruS

laugh.gif
Chi-Town
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 17 2008, 10:51 PM) [snapback]379154[/snapback]

I agree with the new guy David on this one...Bazooka you really sound like a hater here. He's getting props for being on a fake ass TV show called WRESTLEMANIA...which, oh yea, by the way has been pulling in viewers by the millions for 20 years. How can anyone say they love boxing and turn they're nose up at a guy going mainstream? Its the ultimate goal for any fighter in todays era. He deserves props...this is a significant accomplishment and another smart bussiness move.
flazi
smart move by the pretty boy. more marketing = more buys for ppv and more fans and haters. win win situation
Jack 1000
Here is the clip from YOU TUBE. I don't know how long they will keep it up though cuz of copyright issues. Floyd comes on to the scene a little less than 4 mins into the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y3RtEDrlZA

Jack
streetlion1
QUOTE(David Shirt @ Feb 18 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]379160[/snapback]
de la Hoya gets bashed for dressing up in women's underwear. Floyd Mayweather is awesome, and this angle is awesome. The haters are all legit retards.

Everone knows that wasnt DLH in drag!! Stop hatin! But yeah the PBF in a wrestling storyline thing is cool.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 18 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]379195[/snapback]
I agree with the new guy David on this one...Bazooka you really sound like a hater here. He's getting props for being on a fake ass TV show called WRESTLEMANIA...which, oh yea, by the way has been pulling in viewers by the millions for 20 years. How can anyone say they love boxing and turn they're nose up at a guy going mainstream? Its the ultimate goal for any fighter in todays era. He deserves props...this is a significant accomplishment and another smart bussiness move.

Well it wasnt Wrestlemania...though he may be scheduled to appear there. Yes it is a great move to better market himself!! People can say what they will about WWE but they get half a billion viewers each week through thier various programs and they sell out every arena they go to.. im sure they got boxing fans who dont even like wrestling to pay attention to thier product...so its a win-win for both. I didnt get to see it but im ordering the replay today.
The CEO
Mayweather is The Man...Dancing With The Stars, destroying Hatton, runnin' the court on NBA All Star Saturday...just to turn up the very next day at a WWE PPV and break The Big Show off with a value meal...laugh.gif

I know Show agreed to be punched....it's called a worked shoot....the shot that bloodied his nose was an accident...but that makes the angle even juicier and more realistic...which is good for business.

Did I mention that Mayweather upgraded the technology at my house for Xmas?...he won me 2 Vizios (37 and 47"), a 22" Dell monitor for my desktop, and a DVR....he's directly responsible for those purchases...thumbsup_anim.gif

Money is my Ace right now, and I'm gonna run with him. He's on fire.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 01:14 PM) [snapback]379206[/snapback]
Well it wasnt Wrestlemania...though he may be scheduled to appear there. Yes it is a great move to better market himself!! People can say what they will about WWE but they get half a billion viewers each week through thier various programs and they sell out every arena they go to.. im sure they got boxing fans who dont even like wrestling to pay attention to thier product...so its a win-win for both. I didnt get to see it but im ordering the replay today.

I know this particular event wasn't wrestlemania, but from what I understand, this was to build up to him being on Wrestlemania...thats what i was refering to
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 18 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]379195[/snapback]

WOW I guess we have alot of wrestling fans here. Im willing to bet that if DLH was the one making an appearance in wrestling most here would probably start bitching about him being a fake a ass boxer that would do anything for pulicity. The stupid kids that watch wrestling don't give a f*ck about boxing this shit ain't gonna bring more viewers to the sport especially if they watch a Mayweather fight if anything watching a Mayweather fightwould most likely turn them away from boxing.
kidbazooka1
oops double post
Jack 1000
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]379238[/snapback]
WOW I guess we have alot of wrestling fans here. Im willing to bet that if DLH was the one making an appearance in wrestling most here would probably start bitching about him being a fake a ass boxer that would do anything for pulicity. The stupid kids that watch wrestling don't give a f*ck about boxing this shit ain't gonna bring more viewers to the sport especially if they watch a Mayweather fight if anything watching a Mayweather fightwould most likely turn them away from boxing.

Yea,

Or better yet, have the wrestling fans watch Mayweather-Delahoya I. Hardly a selling point for Mayweather-Delahoya II! hahahaha!

Jack
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]379238[/snapback]

I completely disagree!! One if it was DLH that was there it would've reached more news outlets than it already did....Did you not see Sportscenter and every other outlet playing the clip?!..anyone who knows wrestling knows its entertainment so I dont see how a boxer crossing into that world for publicity is a bad thing! Another thing..the core audience for WWE isnt kids...its 18-24 year old males....which is the same core audience for most other sports including boxing. Though I am no Mayweather fan I think he has the personality people love to hate if anything..and that will always sell tickets. Trust me his appearence did alot more good for boxing than it did harm!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 18 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]379238[/snapback]
The stupid kids that watch wrestling don't give a f*ck about boxing this shit ain't gonna bring more viewers to the sport especially if they watch a Mayweather fight if anything watching a Mayweather fightwould most likely turn them away from boxing.

It might not bring more viewers to the sport long term but it very well could bring more viewers to their rematch, which is what PBF cares about.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 18 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]379278[/snapback]
It might not bring more viewers to the sport long term but it very well could bring more viewers to their rematch, which is what PBF cares about.

I don't think so. The people that watch wrestling wanna see guys get hit with chairs and slam each other regardless if it's fake. They know what boxing is and they know that this sport doesn't have that kind of exaggerated drama. Im sure everyone including most wrestling fans by now have heard of Mayweather and are familiar with his safety first style of fighting so I highly doubt watching him throw some fake as blow at a wrestler will make them cough over 50$ to watch him dance around the ring for 12 rds.
David Shirt
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 18 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]379202[/snapback]
Everone knows that wasnt DLH in drag!! Stop hatin! But yeah the PBF in a wrestling storyline thing is cool.

Did you make a typo and mean to say "Everyone knows that was DLH in drag!!" ? DLH is one of my favorite fighters but let's call a spade a spade, the man once enjoyed the comforts of women's underwear. That's cool. He's still the man for all the work Golden Boy is doing to better the sport.

The Floyd angle heated up on RAW tonight. best angle ever.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2008, 02:29 AM) [snapback]379300[/snapback]
I'm sure a lot of those others that purchased DLH-Mayweather knew what boxing was as well. Also a lot of wrestling fans are fans of MMA as well.

DLH/Mayweather will always do good numbers. I don't think this wrestling angle would help the fight do any better just my two cents.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 19 2008, 12:34 AM) [snapback]379301[/snapback]
DLH/Mayweather will always do good numbers. I don't think this wrestling angle would help the fight do any better just my two cents.

Your right the fight will do good regardless...but I think it'll draw alot more casual fans to the table. It has just been confirmed that they'll be doing some kind of match at Wrestlemania and that'll introduce alot more people to Mayweather who wouldnt of known him otherwise.
PR316
I'll laugh my ass off if Floyd Mayweather does a moonsault. LOL... I saw Raw last night and he accepted Big Show's "challenge"... I wonder how Floyd does in a wrestling ring..
Jack 1000
QUOTE(PR316 @ Feb 19 2008, 09:03 AM) [snapback]379313[/snapback]
I'll laugh my ass off if Floyd Mayweather does a moonsault. LOL... I saw Raw last night and he accepted Big Show's "challenge"... I wonder how Floyd does in a wrestling ring..

I don't follow wrestling,

So does this mean that Big Show and Floyd will wrestle at the next Wrestlemania? If so, when would this be?

Jack
stateofthegame
I do not know what is worse, Floyd's dancing or his acting. Honestly I think he accidentally hit Big SHow at the PPV, because he looked kind of scared on Raw like he did not know if Big Show was going to follow the script or not.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 19 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]379335[/snapback]
March 31st.

I really wonder how serious they are about trying to get DLH for Wrestlemania. I just couldn't imagine them trying to sell DLH as a heel with the Big Show and Mayweather a face with Mysterio.

Mysterio really does have a torn bicep so they may get someone else to fill that role...From the fan response Mayweather is already the heel....im guessing it would be Mayweather "managing" one guy...with DLH "managing" the other(big show) or something like that...it'll be interesting to see how this is put together in the weeks to come....one think about Mcmahon is he is a great promoter so im sure it'll be entertaining!
Big Slim Sweet
NO WAY Oscar plays a heel. Is he even supposed to join this angle? Doesn't he have an upcoming fight to train for, unlike Mayweather?

If he really is getting involved though then it will probably play out with Mayweather pulling some kind of swerve (more wrestling jargon) and becoming Big Show's manager, with Oscar stepping in to help out Rey Mysterio.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 20 2008, 10:58 AM) [snapback]379424[/snapback]
NO WAY Oscar plays a heel. Is he even supposed to join this angle? Doesn't he have an upcoming fight to train for, unlike Mayweather?

If he really is getting involved though then it will probably play out with Mayweather pulling some kind of swerve (more wrestling jargon) and becoming Big Show's manager, with Oscar stepping in to help out Rey Mysterio.

I cant see DLH playing the heel role either..but if he is involved it is gonna be opposite of PBF and Show is who he's fueding with. I like the swerve possibility though.. I could see that happening. Not sure about DLH getting involved though..havent heard anything about that.
MarzB
Thanks for the .gif. I used to be a huge wrestling fan in the 80's and early 90's but have grown to hate it.

However anyone can clearly see that Mayweather is using these to increase his public profile even more and its pretty $mart marketing wise. Especially when you consider the demo that wrestling attracts which is a demo that I don't believe boxing has. Even just a small portion of this makes for more future PPV buys..

I found out about this from another message board and then on monday happened to be channel surfing and saw it on (Smackdown or Raw whichever one comes on Monday).. That type of random surfing right there made me stop to watch..
Fitz
Also I watched Mayweather on Raw the other night. I am no Mayweather fan, but I must admit, he did a good job out there. He looked comfortable on the mic, and he looked fairly comfortable all together out there. I have seen some other celebs or non wrestling type of guys try it in the ring, and it isn't for everyone, but Mayweather looked good out there. Of course I would prefer him to be fighting a top welter instead, but besides that it was a good job by him. I will be interested to see how he looks from week to week, and I'm still not sure how he is going to actually wrestle or what he will look like. One thing though, I'm not sure how well it's going to work with him being a face. The crowd seem to look at him as a bad guy already, I will see how things turn out though.
Imperius3
Mayweather-Big Show 24/7
CyruS
QUOTE(some wrestling dirt sheet)
Speaking of Floyd Mayweather, nothing has been confirmed, but sources close to WWE are estimating that the current WBC welterweight champion will be making around $5 million for working the storyline with WWE. Mike Tyson was paid $3.5 million for his WrestleMania program with Steve Austin back in 1998.

edit :

QUOTE(some wrestling dirt sheet)
As posted earlier today, WWE originally wanted to do a Rey Mysterio & Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather & MVP or Big Show match at WrestleMania, but that fell through after De La Hoya said that he was not interested, through his agent. After the De La Hoya part fell through, Vince McMahon decided he wanted to put Big Show in this angle and push him hard upon his return. As late as this weekend, there was also talk of doing Rey & Mayweather vs. Big Show & MVP match, but then talk switched to using Shane McMahon in MVP's place. It's all moot point now due to Rey's injury, so it will be Big Show vs. Mayweather in some sort of match. Also note, it won't be a "shoot" match.
Big Slim Sweet
LOL. For those that don't know, "shoot" in wrestling means real.

It's nice that Floyd wants to bring more fans to the sport by participating in this (note: sarcasm), but why can't he fight Miguel Cotto instead?
streetlion1
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 22 2008, 11:47 AM) [snapback]379602[/snapback]

It's nice that Floyd wants to bring more fans to the sport by participating in this (note: sarcasm), but why can't he fight Miguel Cotto instead?

its him making an easy 5 milllion. Its already clear he wants no part of Cotto or any other top-notch welter. He is finding other ways to make money...I do believe we are seeing the end of PBF's career...its a shame because he didnt prove himself against the best talent he has been around his whole career and that he wont do the things for boxing like a DLH did.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 22 2008, 12:47 PM) [snapback]379602[/snapback]

Because it is not scripted for him to win against Cotto like wrestling is scripted. Cotto poses a legitimate threat to his crown.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.