Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joan Guzman vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
BigG
At 135...

Gamboa and Guzman are about top 5 P4P. I have Gumzan at # 4 due to his huge KO wins over Patrick and Jane and Gamboa at 5 (he could be higher but has not fought enough good fighters).
The CEO
Gamboa's gonna be in a World of Pain next week....

It's Slanger Junior's time to shine.
Blayde
Gamboa ain't stupid. He wont move up to 135 to fight someone who could easily fight at 140. Guzman was a much lighter fighter once, so if this fight is ever going to happen, they will have to meet at 130.

And he cant afford to look past Slanger. Slanger is much better than he was in their first fight and that first round KO doesnt tell you anything anyway. So Gamboa is 100% focused on that.
BigG
Yeah..I kind of thought Gamboa could make 135 no problem since he is pretty tall. Guzman packed on a few pounds since he got with the Chambers Im sure.
CyruS
QUOTE(Blayde @ Feb 18 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]379231[/snapback]
Gamboa ain't stupid. He wont move up to 135 to fight someone who could easily fight at 140. Guzman was a much lighter fighter once, so if this fight is ever going to happen, they will have to meet at 130.

QUOTE(Joan Guzman - 2 Division World Champion @ Reigning 3-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World)
You said it yourself, I was a much lighter fighter once. I can fight at 140 at anytime, comfortable I might add. There is no way I can make 130 so you are already pricing yourself out. On top of all this, I beat better fighters than you have ever beaten! I am the Lightweight Champion Of The World! You need to man up and face me! Otherwise, never speak on me again.

Guzman seems to be heated.
Blayde
Its that simple, the fight is never going to happen. Even at 126 Gamboa is a muscle package, theres no way he will ever fight at 135.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.