Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fernando Montiel vs. Cristian Mijares needs to happen!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Both looked very impressive at the Pavlik-Taylor undercard...especially Montiel. Both guys are without a doubt the best fighters in their division.

Who would win?
kidbazooka1
This is probably the best fight that can be made at 118lb and below. Mijares may give Montiel alot of trouble because of his reach but Monty was able to hang and IMO beat a taller/bigger fighter in Gonzales. Mijares is a bad dude but I think Montiel can do eveything just a little better.

Montiel by decision in a very entertaining fight.
Milk Dud
it's nice to see Montiel finally realizing he can be the boxer/puncher a lot of people thought he could be. Mijares is making a claim to being the best at 115. Natural matchup IMO.

BigG
Montiel has a fight schedulled for april 26 in Mexico and Arum said before the Castillo fight that he might remacth Z Gorres.....I hope Mijares-Montiel happens by the end of the year.
iron_mike
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 20 2008, 03:48 PM) [snapback]379472[/snapback]
Montiel has a fight schedulled for april 26 in Mexico and Arum said before the Castillo fight that he might remacth Z Gorres.....I hope Mijares-Montiel happens by the end of the year.

Off topic, but I don't think Montiel has 76 ko's
BigG
laugh.gif I'll have to fix that right now...
Nobudius
Too bad the REALLY little guys don't get the exposure they deserve. The good thing about it though-the real tiny guys are willing to face each other moreso than the higher weights.
TarverFan
Why the hell would he have Montiel take on Gorres again? That is bad matchmaking. The first fight between the 2 was pretty damn close.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(TarverFan @ Feb 21 2008, 04:24 AM) [snapback]379510[/snapback]
Why the hell would he have Montiel take on Gorres again? That is bad matchmaking. The first fight between the 2 was pretty damn close.

If he wants to rematch Gorrez thats fine I think Montiel will stop him the 2nd time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.