Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TOS NEVER BEAT ANYONE IN THEIR PRIME
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus laid into HOF legend TOS during a recent interview for Ring Magazine claiming that his old time rival never boxed anyone who was in their prime...

Angus said, "It's the greatest con job of them all. Real historians know that he never beat a live opponent throughout his career and it kinda makes me laugh when some of them fools talk about him like he was a special talent. I can rattle off two dozen names who would beat him in several different divisions and those of you with knowledge are well aware that I'm not bullshitting. He was good in his day but he ducked outta fighting the very best fighters and he definitely ducked outta staying active to preserve his unbeaten record. I know Wexley Gawn and "Deep Freeze" Gawn woulda beat him...I know Lanky Gawn woulda beat him...Of course I know I woulda beat him...shit, if he came back now he'd have to fight the best heavyweights.....the best heavyweights all beat him....or the best cruiserweights...the best cruiserweights all beat him...
It's kinda futile cos he'l always live off his status...but the truth is, he didn't do a whole lot....yeah he won a lotta ttiles but he never really beat any live opponents...never beat any peak fighters...NEVER...but hey, I'm probbaly the only guy with the balls to speak the truth...thats OK....let all the other sucka's suck up to his ass if thats how they wanna play things...I know I'm right and man, I know deep down you all know I'm right. I'll fight him anytime he wants....so it won't happen...and you know why? Cos he's scared and he don't want it...he never will....damn he even ducked Dipsy Gawn!"
CyruS
QUOTE(Touch oF SleeP - Founder & Promoter Of Only Built 4 TOS - First Ever Hall Of Fame Inductee - First Ever 4 Division World Champion - Undefeated)
First of all, who the fuck is this bum Harold Angus to say I never beat a live opponent? Has anybody actually checked HIS record?? The man's biggest accomplishment is beating the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion, Richard Butkiss who weighed all of 178 pounds! AT CRUISERWEIGHT! Not to mention Butkiss actually had him out on his feet in the last round! Angus jealously knows no bounds. I chased his ass when I was a middleweight! and he was still cruiserweight champion and he wanted no part of me. Then he royally fucked the chances for a potential super fight when his ass got knocked the fuck out by Lanky Gawn at Heavyweight so I moved on to bigger and better things like becoming World Heavyweight Champion while this bum was just doing that, fighting bums back at cruiserweight. Angus ain't shit plain and simple. All he's got is a padded record with no real accomplishments. Know your role Angus! You will never be greater than me. I am above your sorry ass, and if you keep fucking around ill sign yo ass to my gym and you will start callin me boss! Like your wife be calling me daddy! SUCKA!

ohmy.gif
BigG
Holmes weighs in on the topic:

"I couldn't care less. BOTH are in my hilist. I respect both, but they know what they up against when the fight me. TOS was ringside for my fight with Lanky Gawn and I'm sure he wanted no part of me after witnessing that fight.

Angus is showing bravery by calling me out...He truly believes he can beat me and I'll respect him. But after maybe 3 rounds with me, he'll find out that I'm too much for him....I'm too much for any Heavyweight out there.

God knows how much TOS weighs now."
Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus;

"He conveniently forgets how I've beaten the current record holding world heavyweight champion twice. He forgets how I beat Alexeev. He holds onto something about me getting wobbled by Butkiss but forgets how I knocked him out seconds later. Look man, I ain't gotta justify my record...fact is he never beat a single solitary opponent who was in their prime. He's a fraud but I think he's made it clear he'll never come back. He's too scared to comeback because there are at least 10 fighters out there today who could beat him - fighters in their primes, at their peaks. His cheap insults towards me show you all what a coward he is and the fact that his excuse for not fighting me was because I got beat by Lanky....well that says it all really....oh and he didn't mention that when Lanky was champ he didn't wan't nothing to do with him.....nah, he waited till Lanky quit so he could beat a then novice in Larry Holmes for the vacant paper title. Big man, yeah right....the guys a pussy."
CyruS
QUOTE(Touch oF SleeP - Founder & Promoter Of Only Built 4 TOS - First Ever Hall Of Fame Inductee - First Ever 4 Division World Champion - Undefeated)
So you've beaten Dipsy twice? Look at the mans title reign, bums! He's only barely beaten Holmes and Holmes would probably beat his ass in another match. So you've beaten Alexeev, barely I might add sucka, and you seem to forget that yo ass DUCKED an Alexeev rematch. Yeah, you knocked out Butkiss, guess what? YO ASS WAS SUPPOSED TO SUCKA! YOU WEIGHED 200 LBS. AND HE WEIGHT 178! THE FACT HE LASTED 12 ROUNDS AND HAD YO ASS OUT ON UR FEET SHOWS WHAT YOU REALLY ARE, A SUCKA! You ain't gotta justify your record sucka, your record speaks for itself, you are a nobody! I never beat a fighter in their prime? You forget I'm from a first era! Where everybody fought everybody without 18 status. Oh wait, you're from that era too and still never beat anybody. I'm to scared to comeback because there supposedly 10 fighters that can beat me? Guess what sucka, I don't need to comeback, I've done it all. You on the otherhand are scared to fight anyone with a pulse. If Butkiss weighed as much as you, yo ass would have gotten knocked out. Everbody knows our history, everybody knows i was calling yo ass out middleweight yo ass ran and ran. The fact you of all people decide to even talk shit is absurd. As far as paper titles are concerned, Lanky had a paper title too. Know your role Angus. You ain't never beat nobody. You are cryin for a pay day.
Maxy
World heavyweight champion Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn was outraged upon hearing how TOS had described his world title challengers as bums. Lipstick, who along with his cousin Lanky had famously thrown Sonny Cochran off the stage during the ugly build up to Angus-Butkiss I, dared TOS to step into the ring with him.

"I called him out when I was just a young green fighter on the up but even then, even though he was established, he still ducked me. He's got the most over-inflated resume out there yet he questions mine? I haven't lost in my last 29 fights and I'll be making my 14th title defense this coming Sunday so I know that the people know I'm the real deal. 13 defenses, a P4P fighter on a 29 fight unbeaten run but he wants to try and put me down? My challenge to him will always be open and when I'm done with Berbick I'll make him an offer. It'll be bigger than anything ever seen before and people know that we ain't afraid to make the biggest offers out there to secure the fights we want!"

Angus laughed off the accusation from TOS that he has avoided a rematch with Alexeev saying, "It's in the pipeline and it'll definitely happen. We'll fight for the world heavyweight title in the not to distant future and I'm confident I'll beat him again. And just like Dipsy can make offers, I can make em too."

Maxy Krumbsnatcher and Wexley Gawn are believed to have spoken about either an Angus-TOS bout or a Dipsy Gawn-TOS bout and believe they can offer a huge incentive to the HOF legend to convince him to come back.

Krumbsnatcher said, "I got close contacts with Wexley and we got about 15 fighters who TOS or the Chambers gym would be interested in...I'm sure that if he wants to end this talk about him being overrated once and for all, he'll sit around the negotiating table and we'll strike a deal. I've tried calling Mr Cochran but as of now we are only getting his assistant. Sonny Cochran, I'll await your call."
BigG
Larry Holmes:

"Whoa, whoa, Angus and Alexeev ain't fighting for the title anytime soon. First of all, I'm getting a shot at Dipsy. I ain't gonna fight Berbick if he beats Dipsy because thats Zab Judah's boy"
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 21 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]379537[/snapback]
Larry Holmes:

"Whoa, whoa, Angus and Alexeev ain't fighting for the title anytime soon. First of all, I'm getting a shot at Dipsy. I ain't gonna fight Berbick if he beats Dipsy because thats Zab Judah's boy"

Wexley Gawn:

"Larry Holmes can have his shot at Dipsy whenever he wants it.  He's big in our plans, both for Angus and Gawn.  I'm still waiting to hear from Sonny Cochran.  The silence is deafening but I guess that tells its own story.  Sleep don't wan't none of these guys."
CyruS
QUOTE(Sonny Cochran - Wearing A Neck Brace - 36 Chambers Lawyer + TOS Lawyer)
Touch oF Sleep does not need to fight any of the fighters that call him up. We are talking about a great fighter that has done it all in this sport and has done things that will probably never be replicated again. Fact remains, we believe that none of the fighters are worthy of a Touch oF Sleep fighting event. However, all this talk has seem to light a bit of a fire under Touch oF SleeP. So we propose a tournament! Featuring these fighters, Current Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Dipsy Gawn. Former Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Lanky Gawn. Former Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Larry Holmes and Former 3-Time Cruiserweight Champion Of The World, Harry Angus. And if Dipsy Gawn is to lose his title to Berbick, simply substitute Dipsy for Berbick. The Brackets are to be done however you 4 fighters see fit. The winner of this mini tournament, will obviously be Heavyweight Champion Of The World and will be given the right to negotiate a fight with Touch oF SleeP. I repeat, the right to negotiate. You are not guarenteed a fight. However whoever wins and whatever offer you bring to the table will be seriously considered. That is all. We shall see if you 4 wish to take part in the Touch oF SleeP Cup Tournament featuring the Heavyweight Championship, which will also be Promoted by Touch oF SleeP in association with Only Built 4 TOS and the 36 Chambers Of Death. Good Day.
Maxy
Wexley Gawn:

"This proposal of a tournament is an idea we have been evaluating ourselves for some time now but there remains a major stumbling block.  As Dipsy Gawn and Harold Angus both fight out of the same gym we are inclined to feel that the two of them cannot both compete in this said tournament.  Angus has therefore revealed that he will not take part in any tournament stressing that he believes he is the best fighter in the world today but his decision will change should Dipsy lose his title to Berbick this coming Sunday.

Angus has already verbally agreed terms to box his lone conqueror Lanky Gawn however, which further undermines any chance of a tournament taking place unless Gawn is victorious.  We understand that TOS is potentially interested in boxing whomever emerges as the best heavyweight out there but we are still a long way off agreeing any terms or conditions on what is indisputedly the biggest fight in boxing history.

Having already made 13 successful defenses of his title Dipsy Gawn has revealed he wants to box Holmes and Alexeev in his next two defenses and although victory is by no means certain he feels that victory in his next 3 fights puts himself in a great bargaining position to box TOS.  Angus is prepared to wait on the sidelines unless Dipsy loses his title and then he says he wants first shot at the new champ.

This is obviously a very complex situation at the moment so I am suggesting that negotiations be put on hold until after this Sunday's heavweight rematch between Berbick and Dipsy.  We thank you kindly for your response Mr Cochran and look forward to discussing this matter further at a later date convenient to both parties."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.