Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko vs. Ibragimov Preview and Poll!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Who will win this Saturday night in the heavyweight world championship unification match between Wladimir Klitschko and Sultan Ibragimov? Vote on our Forum Poll and comment on the fight now!!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
I will go with Klitschko by UD.

Provided that his chin holds up for the first 4 rounds, I think that Wlad has the ege in experience and quality of opposition to win in a tougher than expected fight. Ibrogimov is no pushover, but I believe that he hasn't had the experience in major fights that Klitschko has. Beating 100 year old "Oldie" Holyfield gave Sultan some name recognition. Before that, he wouldn't be known outside to knowledgeable boxing fans even if his name were on a "Missing" postcard. This may still be the case. Wlad has had some HBO exposure and is somewhat more identifiable to the general public. On experience and opponent selection, Klitscko should be there for 12 rounds to win around 116-112 (twice) and 115-113. I will say 60% chance that Wlad wins, 40% chance for Sultan. I believe that IF Sultan wins, it will be because Wlad's suspect chin lets him down again.

Jack
Nay_Sayer
Klitscho wins and he gets the asterisk removed from his number one ranking...
streetlion1
I see Sultan giving Klit trouble the first half of the fight if he decides to box but once he tastes any of Klits power its night-night time!
rusty_trombone
I see no problem for Wlad easily handind this guy his ass, and would be surprised if Sultan won. But you can't rule it out, cause these guys are heavyweights.
BrutalBodyShots
Wlad wins because he's the best heavyweight in the world right now - Ibragimov isn't.

Imperius3
I see this fight going like the Brock fight. Sultan might win a few rounds early, but he's going to have some problems getting past Wlad's jab. Wlad has learned from the past and will be aware of Ibragimov's lead left hand. Once the jab neutralizes Sultan, Wlad will follow that up with many right hands and left hooks. Sultan will only be able to take so many of those.

Klitschko TKO 8
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I just can't get the Ray Austin fight out of my head with Ibragimov. I just don't think he has the firepower to compete with Klitschko, and he's going to be the smaller man. He has good skills, but Klitschko is going to keep him at bay with that jab the whole night. I dont see Ibragimov winning a round, and I see Klitschko winning by stoppage around round 7.
Kyle
Byrd Man
Ibragimov has a different trainer in his corner now, than he did when he fought Austin. Now he has Jeff Mayweather (who incidentally was in Austin's corner that night).

He's gotten a lot better, and I think he might be able to take it to Klitschko. I voted for Klitschko by a KO but I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Sultan pull off the shocker.

BTW: when's this fight supposed to go off, EAST COAST TIME?
Southeastpaw
The smart money is definitely on Wlad. But I really hope that Sultan comes out and makes it interesting. I like Sultan and think that he is good for the division. Has very good skill and pop. Wlad is going to fight tall of course and I expect it to be boring if Sultan cannot get inside. But we will see.
kidbazooka1
Ibragimov makes it interesting for the first few rds but once Klits gets going he'll get the TKO late in the fight.
Jack 1000
Thanks for all help with the preview! The round by round thread is now pinned, so comments should go in there at this time.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.