FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
ElectricTwinkie
What say ye?
Douchebag
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Feb 21 2008, 09:06 AM) [snapback]379518[/snapback]
What say ye?

I got Hendo by late stoppage. Book it!
TheWhiteBuffalo
I gotta go with Henderson. He is dropping down in weight and SHOULD be able to use his size advantage and strength to overpower Silva. Silva is a great fighter, but this cutting weight sh*t is getting old. You should fight in the weight class that you walk around in everyday.
Southeastpaw
Silva is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 21 2008, 04:01 PM) [snapback]379540[/snapback]
Silva is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!

Silvas jujitsu is "world-class!" He's "phenomenol." OK, I'm out of Roaganisms.

Buffalo, I agree with you. Weight cutting is absurd. Weigh ins would be the day of the fight, THAT would put an end to these 200lb monsters fighting in the lightweights *cough* sherk *cough*
clay
I've been saying that for a long time . I think its pointless to cut all that weight and once you get on the scale you have like a day or more to put the weight right back . Some fighters go to extreme measures to lose the weight and then they put on like 20 pounds or more . I think its stupid to announce the fighters weighing that much when in fact they sometimes weigh a lot more . That is cheating and I think fighters should fight in their own weight class instead of fighting smalling guys just to win .
Douchebag
QUOTE(clay @ Feb 22 2008, 03:22 PM) [snapback]379621[/snapback]
I've been saying that for a long time . I think its pointless to cut all that weight and once you get on the scale you have like a day or more to put the weight right back . Some fighters go to extreme measures to lose the weight and then they put on like 20 pounds or more . I think its stupid to announce the fighters weighing that much when in fact they sometimes weigh a lot more . That is cheating and I think fighters should fight in their own weight class instead of fighting smalling guys just to win .

I disagree completely. I think it adds a different dimension to the fight match ups and we get to see fights that would not ordinaraly happen. Plus it's also cool when a fighter can no longer make certain weight and they have to move up for a fight. It's not like everybody is able to cut the weight.
AussieLad
Henderson has what it takes to beat silva. He has a rock for a head, good wrestling, power, and submission defence.

He doesnt want to trade with silva, because of the knee's and kicks. If it was just winging punches, i would go with henderson, but silva's leg work makes him a far better striker overall.

If henderson can get silva down, and avoid the chokes, he has a good chance at ground and pounding anderson. But he really needs to set the pace of the fight early, and avoid trading. Problem is i see henderson wanting to bang with the spider, and getting caught hard.

I am going with silva by decision
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.