Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko 238 - Ibragimov 219
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD

Bongarts/Getty Images

Bongarts/Getty Images

Bongarts/Getty Images
Southeastpaw
Sultan looks like a plumber. But he can fight. Although I doubt he will be able to get close enough to Wlad to land anything significant. Wlad by early to mid-round stoppage.
moscow bear
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 21 2008, 11:42 PM) [snapback]379549[/snapback]
Sultan looks like a plumber. But he can fight. Although I doubt he will be able to get close enough to Wlad to land anything significant. Wlad by early to mid-round stoppage.

I am not touching this fight betting-wise, but I have a feeling Sultan will give a much tougher fight that most people expect. If I did not lose most of my betting money on a Swiss whore Patty Shnyder (fuck you Patty!), I would definitely lay something small on Sultan (I believe the odds are around 5)
STEVENSKI
Wlad looks fit as fuck. Also he looks incredibly homosexual & overtly gay. Sultan looks like a tradesman, a tradesman that would beat you to a pulp in the bar but a tradie nonetheless.
Fitz
Wlad looks fantastic. One of the very few heavyweights that actually train and keep in shape. Don't know enough about Sultan, but if he is on the same level as most heavyweights, Wlad should win. I'm looking for to Diaz-Campbell more than anything though.
Mean Mister Mustard
Sultan's footwork and handspeed will trouble Klitshko. Sure, Ibragimov has never faced anyone as big and skilled as Klit, Briggs was big but not as skilled, but then again Klitschko is not used to fighting mobile guys like Ibragimov. He beat Byrd twice, but even Byrd in his prime didi not use his legs quite like Imbragimov will.

Should be a good fight.
Fitz
I am not particularly excited for this fight, but will get it because it's a unification fight and I want to see Diaz-Campbell as well. I don't mind Wlad either and think he is a pretty good fighter, even on a p4p scale, I just think the rest of the division is holding him back and he gets lumped together with all the other shit. He is a little shaky in the chin department, but besides that, I think he is good.
Big Slim Sweet
Fitz, Diaz-Campbell is the undercard to Peter-Maskaev.
Fitz
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 22 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]379562[/snapback]
Fitz, Diaz-Campbell is the undercard to Peter-Maskaev.

Fuck, that's right. I knew it was a heavyweight. With Castillo on that card as well right? I will probably still end up getting this fight because it's a unification fight though, lol.
BigG
Wlad will break him.
moscow bear
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 22 2008, 08:22 AM) [snapback]379574[/snapback]
Wlad will break him.

wow, George finally made a prediction... clapping.gif
streetlion1
Sultan is good enough to give klit fits for the first few rounds....but he'll go night-night soon after....Klit W/K.O.6-7
Spyder
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Feb 22 2008, 07:36 AM) [snapback]379580[/snapback]
wow, George finally made a prediction... clapping.gif

No shit!!!

I've been posting here for about 6 or 7 years, and this is the first time that I've seen George stick his balls out!

laugh.gif
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 21 2008, 06:43 PM) [snapback]379557[/snapback]
Sultan's footwork and handspeed will trouble Klitshko. Sure, Ibragimov has never faced anyone as big and skilled as Klit, Briggs was big but not as skilled,

I have to disagree here. Briggs, IMO, is just as skilled as Klitschko, if not moreso...
TheWhiteBuffalo
This fight will go the distance, and will be much closer than we see it at home. Sultan will frustrate Wladimir, and give him a whole lot of trouble on the inside. Look for both fighter to be gassed as we approach the eight round. VERY close decision one way or another.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 22 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]379627[/snapback]
I have to disagree here. Briggs, IMO, is just as skilled as Klitschko, if not moreso...

Well that's an interesting observation. I mean if we are talking about mechanical skills or natural talent we have to give Wlad the edge in technique, or in other words, skill. But natural talent, I'd agree and say Briggs is talented, he just can't execute like Wlad can.
Fitz
Last night I was watching Wlad on the Conan O'Brien show. Haha, he was funny. Conan got on the same topic everyone does when they have a fighter and mentioned about the superstition about having no sex before fights. Wlad laughed and didn't really say if he has sex or not, but then says something like this:
"I focus for 5-6 weeks, I train. But I have tough time on da weekend. You train in the week, you work hard, sweat a lot, you lose a lot of energy. But weekends, I wake up in tents all the time".
Haha. Wlad was pretty funny on the show and Buffer introduced him. His english is pretty good as well, which Conan touched on.
The CEO
When two Russians fight each other, it's usually the shorter and stockier guy that wins.....

Sultan is the perfect size to get inside and shatter Wlad's chin for good.

That being said...I'm willing to take a risk and bet with anyone here on the board on this fight...on the straight win....I'll take Wlad...I'm generous like that.
Warlord
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Feb 22 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]379627[/snapback]

laugh.gif
JD
Yeah, about the only advantage Shannon Briggs has over Wlad is his chin.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 22 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]379662[/snapback]
Yeah, about the only advantage Shannon Briggs has over Wlad is his chin.

Shannon Briggs could have been a lot better than he was! His problem is he gain too much muscle and weight. He is built more like a body builder or football player not like a boxer. He is too stiff and he huffs and puffs by the 2 minute mark of the first round. But natrual skills, I think Briggs is better than Wlad. But Wlad is clearly the better boxer now!
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 22 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]379665[/snapback]
Shannon Briggs could have been a lot better than he was! His problem is he gain too much muscle and weight. He is built more like a body builder or football player not like a boxer. He is too stiff and he huffs and puffs by the 2 minute mark of the first round. But natrual skills, I think Briggs is better than Wlad. But Wlad is clearly the better boxer now!

Briggs problem was two-fold, too much muscle and too much asthma.

That said, I am not sure "skills" is the word you are looking for as you seem to target natural, or God given attributes - which would really be more along the lines of talent. Skillwise Wlad has the better offensive arsenal and a tighter D in my opinion.

But even on the talent scale, I am not so sure. I mean, Wlad is bigger, has about the same handspeed, doesn't have asthma and punches harder (according to Jameel McCline). Shannon Briggs undoubtedly has the better chin and is maybe better on his feet.
D-MARV
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 23 2008, 08:26 AM) [snapback]379698[/snapback]
Briggs problem was two-fold, too much muscle and too much asthma.

That said, I am not sure "skills" is the word you are looking for as you seem to target natural, or God given attributes - which would really be more along the lines of talent. Skillwise Wlad has the better offensive arsenal and a tighter D in my opinion.

But even on the talent scale, I am not so sure. I mean, Wlad is bigger, has about the same handspeed, doesn't have asthma and punches harder (according to Jameel McCline). Shannon Briggs undoubtedly has the better chin and is maybe better on his feet.

Thanks for the correction. "Skill" wasn't the right word for me to use. I do think that shannon had more Natural Talent but he just got too damn big!
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Feb 23 2008, 12:59 PM) [snapback]379723[/snapback]
Thanks for the correction. "Skill" wasn't the right word for me to use. I do think that shannon had more Natural Talent but he just got too damn big!

Shannon Briggs was definitely physically talented - he just wasted it and was held back by being an asthmatic.
AussieLad
All briggs has over wlad is the chin, and thats it.

Brains, skill/technique, power, stamina, draw power.... all Wlads, some of them by a wide margin
streetlion1
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 23 2008, 03:38 PM) [snapback]379749[/snapback]

Brains, skill/technique, power, stamina, draw power.... all Wlads, some of them by a wide margin

Real talk!
JD
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Feb 23 2008, 04:38 PM) [snapback]379749[/snapback]

I tend to agree.
Warlord
QUOTE(JD @ Feb 23 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]379761[/snapback]
I tend to agree.

As do I. Gaysayer is just doing what he does best... acting gay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.