Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Vs. Quintana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I would like to see this fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
thumbsdown_anim.gif
PR316
It would be a fight worth watching. I think it could be a good tuneup for Floyd but since he's gonna do Wrestlemania in March I doubt he'll have enough time to train properly and all.
Fitz
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 23 2008, 04:18 PM) [snapback]379673[/snapback]
thumbsdown_anim.gif

+1
streetlion1
Not a Floyd fan but he'd school CQ...I would watch if it happened but hope it doesnt.
D-MARV
Floyd would take this one in 12 lopsided rounds, or even a late stoppage. No Contest!
Douchebag
You guys are really short sighted. Quintana is an interesting match for Floyd. I think Floyd would beat him but it won't be the blow out that some people predict. Quintana would be the best comp that Floyd has faced at WW. Quintana>Baldomir, Hatton, and as of right now Judah. Quintana is slick southpaw boxer who is a true WW. I think Floyd is getting the treatment that RJJ was getting in the 90s.
Yucayeke
I don't see a knock out, but shit Floyd is a gifted athlete and I can't see Carlos winning this; however, I did not think that he was going to beat Williams either.
streetlion1
PW has no defense....I always said it was a matter of time until he got exposed. CQ wouldnt offer PBF that much of a challenge though we'll never get to see it cause Floyd isnt showing the nuts to fight any real Welter!
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Feb 23 2008, 09:52 AM) [snapback]379702[/snapback]
You guys are really short sighted. Quintana is an interesting match for Floyd. I think Floyd would beat him but it won't be the blow out that some people predict. Quintana would be the best comp that Floyd has faced at WW. Quintana>Baldomir, Hatton, and as of right now Judah. Quintana is slick southpaw boxer who is a true WW. I think Floyd is getting the treatment that RJJ was getting in the 90s.

Floyd by 12 lopsided rounds or even a late stoppage!

But this fight wont happen! So it shouldn't even be a discussion
rusty_trombone

So was Paul Williams. Geez, this guy wins one, sort of big fight, against a guy who wasn't very proven(I give wins over Margarito no credence) and now he's tough competiton for the best fighter in the sport right now. Remember, this guy quit on his stool against Cotto.
D-MARV
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 23 2008, 12:43 PM) [snapback]379719[/snapback]
So was Paul Williams. Geez, this guy wins one, sort of big fight, against a guy who wasn't very proven(I give wins over Margarito no credence) and now he's tough competiton for the best fighter in the sport right now. Remember, this guy quit on his stool against Cotto.

YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL!
Carlos Quit on his stool!
He had success against Paul because Paul has no defense. You guys are talking about the best defensive fighter in the sport in Mayweather! Floyd Will lay back and Pot Shot all night long. And yes I see this going somewhat like the Floyd/Baldomir Fight! except Quintana doesn't have the chin that Baldomir has! I see Floyd completely dominating this fight and prolly stopping him late! I might find a round to give carlos but no more than that! Im no Floyd Nut-Hugger that thinks he is the greatest of all time but I do think he is the best in the world right now. (Maybe until he fights Cotto)! I really want Mayweather-Cotto Bad! I think Floyd takes that fight as well but my respect for Cotto has grown since my initial prediction of the outcome!
BigG
Floyd wont batter Quintana into quitting like Cotto did but he would win a wide UD or a late stoppage. Floyd has every advantage in this fight from speed, accuracy, defense, to skills.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 23 2008, 12:57 PM) [snapback]379722[/snapback]
Floyd wont batter Quintana into quitting like Cotto did but he would win a wide UD or a late stoppage. Floyd has every advantage in this fight from speed, accuracy, defense, to skills.

EXACTLY thumbsup_anim.gif
Yucayeke
Man I would give my neighbors left nut to see Cotto Vs. Floyd. Now that would be worth 50bux without any guilt :-)
J1GG
LOL....... to funny why would you even suggest this? Mayweather is too fast and would destroy him loll

Did you not see what Cotto did? he said "NO MAS" lol

Not worth it.

now Cotto vs Mayweather o yea i would pay 100 bucks to see that fight.
kidbazooka1
I may be alone on this one but i actually think Carlos would give Floyd a very tough fight style wise. He's a lefty, has good speed, good power, crafty and has very good defense. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't bet the house on him but I think Carlos could give floyd some problems with his style.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(J1GG @ Feb 23 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]379728[/snapback]
LOL....... to funny why would you even suggest this? Mayweather is too fast and would destroy him loll
Did you not see what Cotto did? he said "NO MAS" lol
Not worth it.
now Cotto vs Mayweather o yea i would pay 100 bucks to see that fight.

Mayweather is not known as a world beater he outslicks you Cotto on the other hand beats you the f*ck up.

I highly doubt Floyd would stop Quinatana.
Mean Mister Mustard

And it seems you have a short memory. Have you not seen what PBF has been doing to southpaws lately? That right hand of his murders them. Plus Mayweather can fight on the inside, look at the Judah fight.

Quintana would not be Mayweather's best competition at welterwight. Was he any better than Judah? I do think Mayweather would make Quintana quit. El Indio had to spend all he had to beat Williams and he was gassed by the 8th. He still kept throwing because he knew he was winning and because he had to redeeem himself from the Cotto loss. Against Mayweather, catching a beating, behind on the scorecards he would quit again.

I'd rather see Mayweather fight another guy because if he fights Quintana then he would be getting the RJJ treatment.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 23 2008, 07:44 PM) [snapback]379766[/snapback]
And it seems you have a short memory. Have you not seen what PBF has been doing to southpaws lately? That right hand of his murders them. Plus Mayweather can fight on the inside, look at the Judah fight.

Quintana would not be Mayweather's best competition at welterwight. Was he any better than Judah? I do think Mayweather would make Quintana quit. El Indio had to spend all he had to beat Williams and he was gassed by the 8th. He still kept throwing because he knew he was winning and because he had to redeeem himself from the Cotto loss. Against Mayweather, catching a beating, behind on the scorecards he would quit again.

I'd rather see Mayweather fight another guy because if he fights Quintana then he would be getting the RJJ treatment.

But lets also not forget that in Paul Williams Quinatana beat a guy who many were saying would give Floyd his toughest fight at welterweight.
Mean Mister Mustard
True, but PBF is a completely different fighter than Quintana. I'm sure Quintana would give give Mayweather a good fight, should they ever fight but how would Quintana hold up after 8 rounds? Could he even outbox Mayweather.

I think it's good to ask the question of how would Quintana do against Mayweather but I would not want to see this fight happen.
PR316
Quintana would try to box from the outside which is his style. I think he'd have some success in the early rounds but nothing significant. Mayweather in very little time would find a home for his straight right hand and he would break down Quintana's body and win either via lopsided UD or a late stoppage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.