Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Klitschko vs. Ibragimov Round by Round/Post Fight (Spoilers Aprox 9pm CST)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for all of the round by round action in tonight's Ibragimov-Klitschko WBO/IBF Heavyweight Title Fight

HBO BEGINS THE CARD AT 8:30 pm. CST. The replay of last Saturday's Pavlik-Taylor rematch is expected to be shown first.

FOLLOW THE LIVE CALL OF KLITSCHKO VS. IBRAGIMOV HERE ON OUR ROUND BY ROUND HOMEPAGE!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...9e0ccd070995851

Jack

Administrator
Warlord
Klitchsko TKO7. Who picked Ibragimov by UD in the other topic? I'd be interested to know. I think we all know that if Wlad loses it's by KO, not by UD. Anyone going twelve with Wlad in today's heavyweight landscape is coming out on the wrong end of a 12 round decision.
Romulus9
Has there ever been a boxing commentator who states the obvious more than Lennox Lewis? He NEVER says anything of any value.

There are at least 20 posters on this board who could provide more insight than Lewis. Good Lord.
EJ650
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 23 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]379789[/snapback]
Has there ever been a boxing commentator who states the obvious more than Lennox Lewis? He NEVER says anything of any value.

There are at least 20 posters on this board who could provide more insight than Lewis. Good Lord.

Any news... has the fight started?
gods son
lol @ Klitschko looking like he is swatting a fly
Fitz
This fight is a fucking stinker so far. I regret getting it. Going into round 6, and Ibragimov is probably up, just because he is doing more (which isn't much). Wlad is reluctant to let his hands go, and the only punch he has thrown, is punching down on Sultans hand, and trying to cause an opening. Like bam said, trying to swat a fly. That's pretty much all he has done.
BigG
Both of them look like crap to me....
BigG
I thoguht Wlad hurt Sultan in round 9...but Sultan recovered fast.
BigG
The only effective punch Imbramigovs landing is a straight left to the body...Klits landing some clean jabs and a right every now and then.. Wlad on his way to a UD

a minute left.

HW division is absolute garbage.
Romulus9
Easy fight to score. 120-108 WK

Anything less than 118-110 is ridiculous. Of course, Steve Weisfeld is one of the judges tonight.

Remember him? 114-114 Foreman/Briggs, 95-94 Forrest over Quartey
BigG
Klit wins almost every round..

Mean Mister Mustard
Wlad easily won thanks to his size and jab, that's all he needed this fight. The only reason why Ibragimov went the distance was thanks to his footwork and defense. Let's see Klitschko-Peter II, that was a fun fight.
Romulus9
I don't know about anyone else...

but I want to see him fight Trinidad next.
Southeastpaw
First off, Lampley is so far up Wlad's ass I'm surprised we didn't see the lower half of him dragged in the ring behing Wlad.

Second, Manny needs to hangem up.

And thirdly, Wlad fought like a big, scared man. He was scared to let em go. He fought scared plain and simple. At least Sultan tried to make a fight of it. The size differential was crazy.
xxxxxx
I was very dissapointed in Klit tonight.I give him credit for winning the fight easily, but for a guy that is considered the best at Heavy he was very boring to watch.I was more impressed with Sultan's effort than Wladimir. Wladimir would have gotten waxed by a prime Tyson. He sucks at fighting inside and looks scared to engage unless he has the guy hurt or tired.I still think Wladimir has poor stamina also.With that said, he prolly is the best heavy out there right now which is pathetic.
PR316
What a waste of a fight that was. This was the only heavyweight fight I've watched in the past year and a half or so and now I remember why. Man this is pathetic. How does the sport's most glamourous division continue to be so bad for what has been 6-7 years now.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 24 2008, 12:42 AM) [snapback]379805[/snapback]
First off, Lampley is so far up Wlad's ass I'm surprised we didn't see the lower half of him dragged in the ring behing Wlad.

Second, Manny needs to hangem up.

And thirdly, Wlad fought like a big, scared man. He was scared to let em go. He fought scared plain and simple. At least Sultan tried to make a fight of it. The size differential was crazy.

Everytihng I ever read on your posts I agree with.You must be one smart dude. thumbsup_anim.gif

You call it like you see it.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Feb 23 2008, 11:46 PM) [snapback]379809[/snapback]
Everytihng I ever read on your posts I agree with.You must be one smart dude. thumbsup_anim.gif

You call it like you see it.

lol. Someone needs to tell my wife that. lol

Thanks bro. drinks.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 24 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]379810[/snapback]

Thanks bro. drinks.gif

If i can't convince mine how could I convince yours.It's a lose-lose battle. laugh.gif
Imperius3
Ibragimov only won the first round on my card. After that it was all Klitschko.

IMO, the fight was not THAT bad. Yeah, Wlad fought a little cautious, but he did what he needed to do, sorta like with Jones-Trinidad. Am I slightly disappointed there wasn't a knockout? Yeah a little. Wlad could have thrown some more right hands in the first half of the fight. He did land some SOLID right hands though, and I was surprised that Sultan didn't fold. I think Sultan should be given more credit for having a good chin rather than criticizing Klitschko for not getting the knockout.
Romulus9
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 23 2008, 11:49 PM) [snapback]379810[/snapback]

Thanks bro. drinks.gif

You have good taste in books. Both of you do.

At least, that's what I deduced. =)
kidbazooka1
Horrible fight. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Southeastpaw
LOL! xxxxx speaks the truth!!!

And wvu8893: Man, I have not got your book yet. But I definitely plan on it. Great reviews!!!! Come to think of it, I'm gunna hop on over to Amazon and order it.
Jack 1000
UGHHHHHHH FUCKING SHIT CRAP!!!

That's the words to describe this heavyweight unification. If this is the way these guys fight, I don't care if there are 2, 3, or 10 world champions. They all suck if this match is a prime example.

Klitschko was constantly praised by the biased protect the fighter under our contract crew HBO for his dominant jab. But it pawed, rather than scratched. It was as if Wlad didn't want to hurt the fellow European opponent that he respected so much. Shit, if those two were gay, they'd make love after the fight. LOL! Several times Wlad had this clown hurt and he couldn't (or from my vantage point) didn't want to hurt his "friend." For the record I did give Barney Rubble two rounds. The first and the 6th. I scored the 2nd round even because neither fighter did shit. Klitschko deserves every BOOOOO and every stench after this farce. Call it a waste of DVR. VCR, or Tivo space people. A plus was seeing Pavlik-Taylor II for the first time. It was good but I liked the first fight better. Remember when heavyweight champions USED to fight like that? Thank God for Showtime and Marquez-Vasquez III!!!

For the record, my score 9-2-1 or 118-111 for for BOREDIMAR Klitschko. The most boring heavyweight unification since Tyson-Boncrusher Smith. God save the heavyweights! Or better yet DON'T because of recent years there have been so much more exciting matches in the lighter weight divisions!

Jack
The CEO
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2008, 02:24 AM) [snapback]379824[/snapback]
UGHHHHHHH FUCKING SHIT CRAP!!!

For the record I did give Barney Rubble two rounds.

Jack

LOL! @ Barney Rubble...that's a good one.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea that fight was pretty bad. Klitschko is just getting so unbearable to watch now. I hate to say this, but I hate watching Klitschko worse that Ruiz. At least Ruiz would try and throw a damn power shot. Klitschko just sits there, paws with a jab, and gets by with his size advantage. Any fighter that can get by that pawing jab, land a couple power shots, and make Klitschko work is setting himself up for a big night. Of course that's a lot easier said than done, as he's shown. I dont see a short fighter doing it, since everytime that short fighter gets inside Klitschko gives a huge bear hug. I'd love to see Valuev fight him just for the fact that he would be taller than Wlad. We'll see though, the heavyweight division sucks, and that's not good for boxing.
Kyle
WolfishPromistah
"Of course that's a lot easier said than done, as he's shown."

Hence...Wlad remains the champion. He tried putting a tiny bit more into attempting to set the guy up for the KO in the twelfth, but it didn't happen. This was a southpaw, if anyone'd consider that much. The name Cory Sanders ring a bell? -- 'cause he sure rang Wlad's before. Staying in control may be the aim to win, to make sho' that yo' belt(s) are kept in the end. [smile]
Mean Mister Mustard
Like Imperius said, give credit to Ibragimov for lasting 12 rounds. People complain why Klitschko didn't go for the KO, the reason why he didn't is because Ibragimov is slick and he can counter. You saw in the 12th Klit tried to gun for the KO but Ibragimov was ducking those right hands. I wonder which other Heavyweight has the legs to make Klitschko miss like that.

Still, he could have done more to vary his attack. He could have thrown right hooks, which if my memory serves me correctly, he never did. But then again, many other heavyweights would have been stopped by last night's Klitschko.
Fitz
I would like to apologize for defending Klitschko and saying the rest of the division holds him back.
Southeastpaw
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Michigan Assassin
This was one of the worst figths I've ever seen that didn't have Zahir Raheem in it.

I've said it before, Manny has taken and exciting and very vulnerable fighter and made him into one of the most boring and less vulnerable fighter.

I understand they had to make changes to protect Wladimir's faberge chin but they've gone to the other end of the spectrum. A fighter so timid to throw any shots and down right fear to do anything but tie up inside.

WK congratulations you're heavyweight champ of the world, fight like it.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Feb 24 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]379918[/snapback]
This was one of the worst figths I've ever seen that didn't have Zahir Raheem in it.

I've said it before, Manny has taken and exciting and very vulnerable fighter and made him into one of the most boring and less vulnerable fighter.

I understand they had to make changes to protect Wladimir's faberge chin but they've gone to the other end of the spectrum. A fighter so timid to throw any shots and down right fear to do anything but tie up inside.

WK congratulations you're heavyweight champ of the world, fight like it.

Really??? As I recall this is only the second guy Wlad hasn't brutally KO'd since he's been with Emmanuel...not to mention that said fight with Peter was still entertaining even though it did go the distance. How does that mean Steward changed him to a boring fighter?
Nobudius
I swear, my root canal was more entertaining than this.

Hillary Clinton has more piss & vinegar than little Klitschko.
Jack 1000
Here's a way Wlad could really fuck up his career. If you think Manny was bad, how about Buddy McGirt?!!!

LMFAO!!! laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
Kliscko fought a terribly dirty fight,....but very smart in the same sentence. Everything from forcing Ibragimov arm weary, too stepping on his foot so he can't retreat from on comming jabs,.....it was dirty,.. but smart....

No where near entertaing. So much so the crowd was on there feet when he FINALLY threw his right hand.

Will the heavywieght division ever have the luster of old?.....
streetlion1
I expected this fight to be way better than it was...by nights end I was booing the T.V...would've much rather watched Klitschko-Peter again...that is the only good fight the heavywieght division has to offer!
BigJuicyHog
The fight was horrible, but Wlad did what he had to do to win and did it easily. The jab wasnt pawing. It snapped Sultans head back every time it landed. The thing that pissed me off is that I didnt see a power shot until like the 5th round and I think he threw 1 left hook the whole night. I remember the left hook off the left jab he used to use. It was a thing of beauty.

What is happening here is that Manny has turned Wlad into Lennox Lewis. Many people whine about having the days of LL back, but some seem to forget how boring he was for the most part. For every Hasim Rahman or Mike Tyson KO, there was a boring jab fest. Klit has the aresenal, but in his last fight, he had no need to use it. He didnt have to a take a risk to basically win a shutout.

This one boring fight is not going to make me stop watching Wladimir. He is obviously the top guy in the division and usually comes thru with brutal knockouts, which probably would have happened if Barney had pressed the fight more than he did. It takes two to dance and Sultan was about as much to blame as Klit. He didnt engage, constanly backed up, and fought a defensive fight.
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 24 2008, 05:33 PM) [snapback]379923[/snapback]
Really??? As I recall this is only the second guy Wlad hasn't brutally KO'd since he's been with Emmanuel...not to mention that said fight with Peter was still entertaining even though it did go the distance. How does that mean Steward changed him to a boring fighter?

And the Brock fight was exciting?!??!

My point is he could make these fights more interesting much earlier then when he decided to step on the gas in the 6th or 7th.

Watching both the Ibragimov and Brock fights I kept thinking, neither of these guys has anything to bother Klit but he still fought like the biggest pussy for round after round.

The Peter fight was pretty exciting but even in that one when any in fighting was getting ready to break out Wlad would immediately hold. Its absolutely ridiculous for a man of his size to fight so timidly.
Jack 1000
To me,

Klitschko looked like a stiff bum (pun intended) trying to swat a fly he couldn't catch, with the jab, and the fly. (Barney Rubble) didn't care if he got caught or not. This made Mayweather-Delahoya look like Corrales-Castillo I!

Jack
BGv2.0
I can't believe so many of you did not enjoy watching the absolute BEST HW in the world paw at a man's jab like a F'N kitten at a feather duster!

I still pray for my little "at risk" youth...somewhere in the Bronx, Harlem or maybe Chicago...to finally be discovered and come along and clean up this mess! lol
STEVENSKI
The first Heavyweight unification fight since 99 & two pages. Must have been a great one.
rusty_trombone
well, i expected a KO, but sultan wasn't very competitive
buford54
I love Sultan's excuse..."I was waiting for the right hand, but he never threw it until the last 2 rounds."
So, you come into a fight with one gameplan and then complain that he didn't let you work it? Nice.
Tha Docta
this fight was definately boring, but im not gonna put all the blame on wlad. sultan was waiting for wlad to throw that right hand so he could counter. if sultan had opened up and actually tried to win the fight then i think he would have gotten KO'd. but he was slick with his defense and wlad had to be pretty sneaky with the right hands that he did land.

overall, i thought wlad did alright. sultans a good fighter but was simply outsized and outclassed.

however, wlad is still deathly afraid of getting hit. he has absolutely no defense when in close other than to hold on for dear life. I would be willing to bet that a 40yr old lennox lewis could still knock him out right now because wlad simply lacks the toughness and interior defense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.