Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Duddy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I hadn't seen Duddy fight before. I wasn't impressed the slightest. Does this guy have any defense what so ever? The scorecards were terrible as well. How could both judges have it 98-92? I didn't score the fight, but Duddy barely won a round in the first 5. He was getting owned and getting hit with fucking everything. Like I said, I didn't score the fight, but based on what I saw, the cards were a crock of shit.
Are people serious about throwing this guy in with Pavlik? Pavlik would fucking murder him.
hardhead
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 24 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]379787[/snapback]
I hadn't seen Duddy fight before. I wasn't impressed the slightest. Does this guy have any defense what so ever? The scorecards were terrible as well. How could both judges have it 98-92? I didn't score the fight, but Duddy barely won a round in the first 5. He was getting owned and getting hit with fucking everything. Like I said, I didn't score the fight, but based on what I saw, the cards were a crock of shit.
Are people serious about throwing this guy in with Pavlik? Pavlik would fucking murder him.

I agree Pavlik is going to murder him I think it's a classic case of management throwing him into the wolves to cash in while they can(because they know his limitations)....That's on them though but Pavlik is going to abuse this guy...
Mean Mister Mustard
Arum is a sick old prune for wanting to make this fight. Pavlik brutalizes this guy.
Southeastpaw
Dead man walking!!!!
BigG
Duddy barely got by Yory Boy Campas...lol...this Pavliks tune up.
stateofthegame
Duddy and Trinidad must be on Arum's bad list because these are the two names you are hearing and Pavlik kills both these guys.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Feb 24 2008, 02:04 AM) [snapback]379819[/snapback]
Duddy and Trinidad must be on Arum's bad list because these are the two names you are hearing and Pavlik kills both these guys.

Atleast Tito has the name and possibly even a punchers chance but Duddy is just gonna get mauled by Pavlik.
Nobudius
Jesus, this is really setting up a letdown if Pavlik doesn't obliterate Duddy.

I'm also surprised at people giving Tito a chance. What power does he currently have that I am not aware of? People also make it seem like Pavlik has a glass jaw-for the amount of punches he takes, I'd say it holds up pretty well.

Plus, he does get up when he goes down. So her recuperates pretty well.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Feb 24 2008, 02:25 AM) [snapback]379821[/snapback]
Jesus, this is really setting up a letdown if Pavlik doesn't obliterate Duddy.

I'm also surprised at people giving Tito a chance. What power does he currently have that I am not aware of? People also make it seem like Pavlik has a glass jaw-for the amount of punches he takes, I'd say it holds up pretty well.

Plus, he does get up when he goes down. So her recuperates pretty well.

Tito may not be at his best anymore and I doubt he can beat Pavlik but the last thing to go is power which Tito clearly had. Jones used a very high and tight guard ala Winky to avoid Tito's best shots Pavlik won't go that route he'll stand there and bang it out which would also leave some openings for Trinidad.

Don't get all excited I wouldn't bet on Tito but this is boxing and Tito IMO still carries good power.
Southeastpaw
I think that Taylor and Miranda have better power than Tito @ 160. That being said, how many fluch shots did Pavlik take in the second round of his first meeting with Taylor? And by the end of that round he was fighting as if nothing had happened.
Nobudius
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 24 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]379822[/snapback]
Tito may not be at his best anymore and I doubt he can beat Pavlik but the last thing to go is power which Tito clearly had. Jones used a very high and tight guard ala Winky to avoid Tito's best shots Pavlik won't go that route he'll stand there and bang it out which would also leave some openings for Trinidad.

Don't get all excited I wouldn't bet on Tito but this is boxing and Tito IMO still carries good power.

True, usually the last thing to go is power....but where have you seen this with Trinidad? The Jones bout? Winky? I haven't seen any evidence of his power since.....well, Mayorga. And his best was at 147, right?

To tell you the truth, I don't see Tito hurting Pavlik.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 24 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]379852[/snapback]
I think that Taylor and Miranda have better power than Tito @ 160. That being said, how many fluch shots did Pavlik take in the second round of his first meeting with Pavlik? And by the end of that round he was fighting as if nothing had happened.

Plus Pavlik is significantly bigger than Tito.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Feb 24 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]379857[/snapback]
True, usually the last thing to go is power....but where have you seen this with Trinidad? The Jones bout? Winky? I haven't seen any evidence of his power since.....well, Mayorga. And his best was at 147, right?

To tell you the truth, I don't see Tito hurting Pavlik.

Winky and Jones used a high and tight guard that didn't allow Tito to land much. I don't think Pavlik would use that style being that he's also a power puncher.

Yes it's true that Tito's best was at 147lb but i think he still carried good enough power at 160lb. I agree that Tito will most likely get beat if they meet but I give him much more of a chance than someone like Duddy.
Southeastpaw
Yes it's true that Tito's best was at 147lb but i think he still carried good enough power at 160lb. I agree that Tito will most likely get beat if they meet but I give him much more of a chance than someone like Duddy.

Definitely.

I like a Duddy/Tito bout. Definitely a very winnable fight for Tito.

stateofthegame
Honestly I think that Tito's power diminished after the hand wrap scandal. Since then he never really destroyed anyone the way he used to.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Feb 24 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]379921[/snapback]
Honestly I think that Tito's power diminished after the hand wrap scandal. Since then he never really destroyed anyone the way he used to.

Up until Tito faced Mayorga, Ricardo was thought to have a granite chin. Tito stpped him....at 160 no less. I think that Tito has good power @ 160, hand wraps or not. Just not as much power as Taylor and Miranda. And if Taylor could not dispose of Pavlik with everything that he landed on him in that second round, Tito will not. Not to say that Tito's power is crap at all. This is just more of a testament of Pavlik's beard and will.
Fitz
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 25 2008, 12:13 PM) [snapback]379930[/snapback]
And if Taylor could not dispose of Pavlik with everything that he landed on him in that second round, Tito will not. Not to say that Tito's power is crap at all. This is just more of a testament of Pavlik's beard and will.

I disagree a little here. Taylor landed big shots to put Pavlik down, after that he didn't land anything so I don't agree with the "everything he landed on him in that second round". Because Taylor didn't land anything when he had him hurt and that was the big criticism most people had about Taylor. He became sloppy and looked stupid trying to get a hurt fighter out of there. He was throwing wild shots that were missing big. A guy who kept his cool and was any sort of finisher would have had Pavlik out of there in the 2nd.
D-MARV
Pavlik should take this fight for 2 reasons!

1. He is coming off 4 very tough and brutal fights and deserves an easy fight!

2. Im so sick and tired of hearing Duddy's name. Ive been hearing about this guy since his "legendary" Ko of Leonard Pierre. BIG DEAL! I was hoping Eastman would have dispose of him. I guess Kelly has to do it!
The CEO
I've only seen a few Duddy fights (haven't seen his last fight)....I like the fact he gives and takes toe to toe...I also liked the way he presented himself as the guest on FNFs a while back...he was mannerly, respectful, and well spoken...

He has a very slim Puncher's Chance against Pavlik though...
WolfishPromistah
I've about counted Duddy out already. I have not heard what I'm about to add mentioned yet, so I will do so. From all I 've seen of him, he'd go down somewhat in the way of Bronco Mcart and some others, for one thing mainly -- body shots would take their toll -- too much pork on that piggy for Duddy to hold up. There are probably better examples in Kelly's career, but I don't know the names of most guys Kelly beat early on; still, it was where the body shots just forced guys to crumble.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 24 2008, 08:34 PM) [snapback]379931[/snapback]
I disagree a little here. Taylor landed big shots to put Pavlik down, after that he didn't land anything so I don't agree with the "everything he landed on him in that second round". Because Taylor didn't land anything when he had him hurt and that was the big criticism most people had about Taylor. He became sloppy and looked stupid trying to get a hurt fighter out of there. He was throwing wild shots that were missing big. A guy who kept his cool and was any sort of finisher would have had Pavlik out of there in the 2nd.

This is what I thought initially. But after I watched the countdown for their second fight, Merchant referenced the first fight and was saying that Pavlik took over 30 unanswered flush power shots throughout that exchange in the second. So while Taylor was winging more than that and missing a bit, over 30 landed flush. This is what makes me believe that if that did not stop Pavlik right there, and Pavlik was coming on towards the end of that very round, that Tito has little chance of having a punchers chance against Kelly.
Fitz
30 unanswered shots? That sounds a little high. Not sure how many of them landed after the knockdown though. I will have to go back and have a look, but off memory. I thought Taylor was not composed. He saw a hurt fighter in front of him and basically panicked in a sense and just started throwing. I will have to go back and look at that round, but I remember thinking that it was Taylor's lack of finishing is what prevented him from finishing it in the second. Not taking anything away from Pavlik. He took some good shots and showed great heart to not only survive but come back and win. I just can't help but think a good finisher wouldn't have let Pavlik off the hook. It's all speculation for now though.
Southeastpaw
Yeah, I should take a look back myself. I just took his word for it. Taylor was definitely NOT composed during that attack though. So if he actually did land 30, that measn he was throwing more than I thought he threw, because he did look like he wa missing a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.