Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd pockets $20,000,000 for match at Wrestlemania
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jp
GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iiBDGi6...G88mnQD8V1LGVO2

The title says it all, I don't think that the WWE is going to see any kind of ROI on that payday but hats off to Floyd, another smart move.
STEVENSKI
Now Big Show should really hurt the prick. Break some bones & say who's P4P now you fuckin little punk!

Cripple him, cripple him in front of his wife & kids I say.

No I am not joking incase you think I am.

streetlion1
They have paid celebs from outside of the sport big money before to appear at Wrestlemania..but this is over-dueing it! The only thing I can think of is he is really gonna get physical in this match and he is saying you want me to risk my payday with DLH..then you gotta pay me big bread. They are trying to use PBF as a good guy...but not that many people really like him....however in the world of Pro Wrestling they can turn anyone into a good guy....either way im sure his appearence will get boxing fans..and casual wrestling fans to order so it'll be interesting to see the final ppv buy numbers.
rusty_trombone
Who needs to fight when you can pocket 50 million a year from fake fighting and a DLH bout? I wish i could make 20 mil being some sort of wrestling sideshow.
Jack 1000
Even though this is wrestling and there is respect for Floyd's record, wouldn't it be funny if Big Show stopped following the script and started hurting Floyd just to shut his mouth???!! What fans of boxing or wrestling wouldn't pay to see that! 20 mill.............Floyd won't want to box anymore after this! (unless he gets 50 million for a rematch ZZZZ fest with DLH.)

Jack
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]380029[/snapback]
Floyd won't want to box anymore after this!

I don't think he wants to box much now.
Fitz
I actually may get Wrestlemania. I haven't got a wrestling PPV since back in the WCW days, or maybe it was Wrestlemania 20, which was for the occasion. Hogan vs Rock.
Jack 1000
But you know what this whole stunt reminds me of. The exhibition match with Ali and Inoki I think it was 1976 and Ali dropped to the ground, spent 15 round kicking at Inoli's legs and body while Inoki moved, but never did anything to hurt Ali. In the HBO documentary "Son of the Not so Great Moments in Sports" or the "Not So Great Moments in Sports" they didn't know how to judge it. So Dundee and Inoli's people taked to the commission and Dundee said, "Make a draw, so no one gets hurt." (Meaning it wouldn't reflect on one record or the other.) So that's what they did.

I may be wrong about this, but I think the undercard was Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd.

Floyd could train less, pocket huge money and get more recognition. But how much does it matter? His ego will always be hurt, because as I see it, let's say he goes through the wrestling gig. He still won't be as well known as Delahoya. And I think he hates knowing that.

Jack
MarzB
Wow, you'd think Floyd was dating your daughters the way some of you sound with your psychoanalysis and vindictiveness. I can't believe anyone is actually taking this so serious as to wish injury on someone. Get real.

"Utter loathing" (this exceeds "hating" for sure)aside, this has got to be the easiest $20 million someone could make.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 25 2008, 09:15 PM) [snapback]380022[/snapback]
Now Big Show should really hurt the prick. Break some bones & say who's P4P now you fuckin little punk!

What an absolute piece of shit thing to say. What a loser you must be to say some bullshit like that.

I can't STAND Mayweather, and I despise this fake wrestling bullshit, but for you to make a comment like that, is absolutely fucking garbage.

Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit.
Byrd Man
and as far as this topic, at first I was thinking this was stupid for Mayweather, because if something goes wrong and he falls the wrong way or something and gets hurt, and that fight with DLH goes out the window, he's out a shitload of money. But hearing he is getting 20 million for this, there's really not much of a downside.

He's OBVIOUSLY trying to expand his image and his exposure from just the ring, which he's done very well already with the Dancing with the Stars.

This is a good business move. And Ali has done the Wrestling thing as well, so it's not that farfetched.

I don't like Floyd at all because I don't like people who are disrespectful and treats their oponents like shit, but I have to acknowledge that this is a good business move for him.
BigG
Jesus christ....I mean just in 2007, Floyd made more money then MOST boxers make their whole career...now he's getting close to 50 million this year.

LOL.
jp
The amount of hatred that Floyd receives is comical......I don't consider myself a fan of the guy but you can't deny that he's crossed over and become the new face of boxing in the US, besides ODLH(who's on his way out). Mayweather could possibly clear a hundred million in 18 months for 2 fights with DLH, a fight with Hatton, and wrestling the fucking "Big Show", that's unreal.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]380044[/snapback]
But you know what this whole stunt reminds me of. The exhibition match with Ali and Inoki I think it was 1976 and Ali dropped to the ground, spent 15 round kicking at Inoli's legs and body while Inoki moved, but never did anything to hurt Ali. In the HBO documentary "Son of the Not so Great Moments in Sports" or the "Not So Great Moments in Sports" they didn't know how to judge it. So Dundee and Inoli's people taked to the commission and Dundee said, "Make a draw, so no one gets hurt." (Meaning it wouldn't reflect on one record or the other.) So that's what they did.

Inoki was the one on the ground most of the fight, and he kicked the shit out of Ali's legs. I had always heard Ali was given a gift draw in that fight.
Southeastpaw
Comon haters, don't make it so obvious that Floyd is hurting you so bad. LOL

Floyd went from being the best P4P fighter in boxing that did not make much $$$ on PPVs, to taking part in the highest grossing PPV fight ever and now this. Kudos to the man.

This picture kinda reminds me of the stare-down at this past weekend's "edge-of-your-seat" heavyweight unification bout. lol

BigG

No one is getting hurt in this "fight".
xxxxxx
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 26 2008, 02:40 AM) [snapback]380061[/snapback]
What an absolute piece of shit thing to say. What a loser you must be to say some bullshit like that.

I can't STAND Mayweather, and I despise this fake wrestling bullshit, but for you to make a comment like that, is absolutely fucking garbage.

Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit.

I agree 100%.
salvador
I find this extremely hard to believe and wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the $20MM number came out of thin air and was based on potential PPV buys. If it's $50 a PPV and WWE has to split that with the cable companies, then that means they're betting that Floyd brings an additional 800K buys - AND they're going to let their 430 pound giant get beat by a ww. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't think Floyd could sell 800K PPVs as a boxer unless he had Hatton or DLH. I'm not even sure that Floyd-Cotto does 800K unless they spend a zillion on advertising.
D-MARV
All this hatred towards PBF is doing nothing but putting money in his pocket. The more people hate the more people spend money to "hopefully" see Floyd get his A$$ kicked!
Floyd Is going to make over 50 million this year and not have to fight a legit challenge! As much as I hate that, I can't say that I blame him for it! Easy Money!
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm with Salvador on this one. 20 Million is hard to believe and I believe the real figure will be much less than that.
Method
QUOTE(salvador @ Feb 26 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]380081[/snapback]
I find this extremely hard to believe and wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the $20MM number came out of thin air and was based on potential PPV buys. If it's $50 a PPV and WWE has to split that with the cable companies, then that means they're betting that Floyd brings an additional 800K buys - AND they're going to let their 430 pound giant get beat by a ww. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't think Floyd could sell 800K PPVs as a boxer unless he had Hatton or DLH. I'm not even sure that Floyd-Cotto does 800K unless they spend a zillion on advertising.

Agreed 110%. Nothing in wrestling is real, and I don't think this is any different.
streetlion1
Mcmahon is all about publicity..and isnt afraid to take a risk. Alot of people are gonna order Wrestlemania as they always do..he'll get his money back and then some. PBF pulled one off here though..Iron Mike only got like 4 mil. ten years ago when he did the event...but then again at that time Mcmahon wasnt a billionaire either.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 25 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]380022[/snapback]

Wow!! I think it is great that Floyd is doing things outside of boxing to generate interest in himself. Dont get me wrong I cant stand wrestling and will not watch this either. But at least Floyd is doing things to generate news around him and the sport. If he can get $20 Mil for this crap I say go for it. Boxing needs crossover stars. Other than Oscar there is nobody else. Lets just hope he decides to fight some really fighters after this.

Boxingjunkie
Douchebag
What ever let the man get his money. As long as he fights Cotto before 09 I'll be happy.
Byrd Man
Hoetry Haiku
by Reg E. Gaines (Spoken Word Poet/Author)

If you can get paid
for some silly shit you made
best grab the dough, hoe

taunt.gif
STEVENSKI
As far as I am concerned a woman beating punk like PBF getting $20M when no one even knows who he is is disgraceful & I would love to see one of the wrestlers really take him out for getting paid more than they earn in a year on their biggest show of the year. It would be poetic.

This type of sideshow distraction is what PBF is all about not about fighting & representing being a champion.

The 1 WWE PPV I buy each year is WM but not this year or ever again.
Byrd Man
1. I'm not sure I've heard the woman beating allegations against PBF before, someone enlighten me. EDIT: nevermind, I know what you're referring to.

2. No one knows who he is? Are you serious? I absolutely hate PBF and even I'm not about to make THAT claim.

3. The idea that you don't like someone because of something they've done in the past, or the fact you don't think they fight the best guys, and instead goes for the money fights, and as a result of that you want them to be "crippled" in front of their wife and kids, is absolutely disgusting.

The amount of hatred you have in your heart is mindboggling for you to make a statement like that.
jp
QUOTE(salvador @ Feb 26 2008, 09:38 AM) [snapback]380081[/snapback]

Obviously the WWE thinks that Floyd can sell PPV's...........at the end of the day that's all that really matters. They have more of a vested interest in this than anyone else so I would imagine that they've done their homework and the numbers must make sense. I haven't followed WWE in 10 years but if you have the number two guy in the WWE, Floyd's management, plus most major news outlets saying he's getting $20 million than I would be inclined to believe it.
Southeastpaw
All this time I thought that the CEO was at the top of the ladder when it came to diabolical hate.............we have a new champion in that department.

Hey CEO, I believe that Stevinski's hate for PBF exceeded you hate for Hatton even on a prime vs prime level.
Big Slim Sweet
There is no fucking way WWE is paying Floyd 20 million for this. Why would they? Floyd won't generate anywhere near that sort of additional revenue for the event and McMahon ain't no dummy. No chance. Since when do they reveal how much guest performers are getting anyway? This is obviously part of the whole storyline/angle. I don't watch WWE but for those here that do expect to hear a lot about this '20 million payday' on Raw and Smackdown in the weeks leading up to the event. It must be a part of Floyd's wrestling character.

Guys like The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin don't get anywhere near that sort of money for returning to participate in the occasional big event and their appearances mean much more to the fans who would buy the Wrestlemania PPV than PBF's does.

Big Show also said in the article that he knows the match-up isn't fair but he's a businessman - acting like it's a real fight but of course it's not.

Take all this information with a grain of salt.
The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 26 2008, 05:40 PM) [snapback]380151[/snapback]
All this time I thought that the CEO was at the top of the ladder when it came to diabolical hate.............we have a new champion in that department.

Hey CEO, I believe that Stevinski's hate for PBF exceeded you hate for Hatton even on a prime vs prime level.

laugh.gif

STEVEN was here long before me and is recognized as one of the greatest Haters of all time...I don't think he has surpassed me...but he has definitely equalled me with his comments on Floyd lately.....(it must be noted that I held back a little during The Hatton Campaign though... cool.gif)

and for the record, I don't see why people are going after him for those comments....what's the big deal if he wishes paralysis on Floyd?....I don't see anything wrong with it....it's completely normal to wish misfortune and pain on those you hate....
Fitz
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 05:17 AM) [snapback]380117[/snapback]
Iron Mike only got like 4 mil. ten years ago when he did the event

He also didn't wrestle either. He was just a manager in the corner.
The CEO
You're dead on, joe...dead on...pegged us both.

laugh.gif
Fitz
Is it weird that I didn't understand a thing that guy said?
The CEO
You're the one who can crip walk...laugh.gif
The CEO
and before you're go, joseph...here it is...from just the other day...

QUOTE( Yep...me.)
Mayweather is The Man...Dancing With The Stars, destroying Hatton, runnin' the court on NBA All Star Saturday...just to turn up the very next day at a WWE PPV and break The Big Show off with a value meal...laugh.gif

Did I mention that Mayweather upgraded the technology at my house for Xmas?...he won me 2 Vizios (37 and 47"), a 22" Dell monitor for my desktop, and a DVR....he's directly responsible for those purchases...thumbsup_anim.gif

Money is my Ace right now, and I'm gonna run with him. He's on fire.

Byrd Man
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 26 2008, 06:00 PM) [snapback]380153[/snapback]
laugh.gif

STEVEN was here long before me and is recognized as one of the greatest Haters of all time...I don't think he has surpassed me...but he has definitely equalled me with his comments on Floyd lately.....(it must be noted that I held back a little during The Hatton Campaign though... cool.gif)
and for the record, I don't see why people are going after him for those comments....what's the big deal if he wishes paralysis on Floyd?....I don't see anything wrong with it....it's completely normal to wish misfortune and pain on those you hate....

There's a WORLD of difference between rooting against someone, even wishing for them to be knocked the fuck out, and wanting them to be paralyzed. And especially in a sport that's seen some REAL tragedies such as Duk Koo Kim, Leavander Johnson, Beny Paret and others, why would someone who proclaims to be a fan of the sport, EVER wish something like that to happen to one of the bright stars in the game?

What does that say about someone that would freely wish someone to be crippled, and not just crippled, but to be crippled in front his kids and wife, ALL because they don't like the fact that the man isn't fighting who he thinks he should fight?

Steven, you a real bitch for that, no lie. Disliking a guy is one thing. Hoping the guy gets knocked out and loses his titles and perfect record is one thing, but to actively root for someone to be paralyzed in front of their children, is a fucking bitch move. The fact that you are even able to post your bile is a joke.

And worse yet, there's people trying to defend your stupid comments.

As for Joeminnifield, you're a joke and I'm not even going to spend anymore time than it takes to write this line, on you.
The CEO
It's just talk, BM...and it's no big deal....when someone actually GETS severely injured or killed from battling in the ring....that's the moment of truth......and we are normally moved from things of that nature....

but in the end, this is a Boxing forum...with people stating how they feel....not a forum for sensitive children.......I've heard and seen alot worse in person...

You're coming off as a Mister Bleeding Heart here....I hope you weren't one of those guys that had a Leavander Johnson avatar for a full 6 months after he passed....

STEVENSKI
I have to say that I did not think that my comments would get quite the reception they have.

I was probably a bit harsh in saying cripple as I don't want to see anyone dead or in a wheel chair that is morally reprehensable but I would love to see PBF get his leg or arm snapped in 1/2 "accidently" in front of his wife & kids & the millions of suckers watching at WM.

My hate is strong & like a mothers love it will never die only get stronger with time.

hatton is coming back so CEO now may be the time to ramp things up.
Byrd Man
CEO, no bleeding heart here, and now I didn't do the avatar or anything like that. I just don't see the maturity and the just common fucking sense in making a stupid statement like that.

And Steven you say you don't wanna see him get put in a wheelchair and yet you said TWICE that you wanted to see him "crippled" in front of his wife and kids. And now you amend that to say you don't want him crippled, just have his arm or leg broke in front of his kids.

That's fucking pathetic, to be honest. the fact that someone would allow their hatred of another human being to take them to that level that you would wish someone to be hurt to THAT extent, and in front of their kids to boot.

Whatever. You obviously don't give a fuck, and you like to think "ooh, I'm just saying it on the net, it's not REAL".

And I'm sure if he ACTUALLY got fucked up bad in that fixed fight, you'd more than likely feel bad about the fact that someone got hurt like that. But it doesn't take away from the fact that you've said it and backed it up by continuing to say it.

It's a classless move. And it's got nothing to do with being a bleeding heart, or a "sensitive child".

It has everything to do with being a man and acknowledging that what you said was out of line and just stupid.

But this is the internet. Why should I ever expect otherwise.

EDIT: And let me ask Steven, why the obsession with having his children see their father paralyzed or have his legs and arms broken? Ask Kevin Everett's family if they enjoyed seeing their loved one suffer a neck injury and have the potential to never walk again, when he got hurt in the NFL last year.

oh and CEO: don't call me BM...that sounds nasty. ha ha
STEVENSKI
Let me clarify that by "crippled" I meant broken bones not total paralysis & yes I would laugh at it with no remorse. I don't care for Floyd & looking at the genetics his kids will turn out fucked up just like him, his uncle & his father so fuck them too.

You are so far from the mark on your comments on me actually being moved if PBF got a broken leg or arm. When I see some one hurt themselves in wrestling I don't say "Oh my god is he gonna be OK?" I start laughing & if it is not life threatening & spinal then I continue laughing. I am the type of guy that would crack up at Gracie breaking some poor fools arm in a MMA fight after he tapped out.

Athletes get paid big money to take risks & part of that risk is they may just get hurt this Kevin Everett knew the risks when he padded up & rolled the dice & lost. Sad it is escpecially if he is permanantly in a chair but why should I give a fuck about him or his family? He was insured & will receive a big compo payout 7 it does not affect my life one iota.

In general I am actually a nice guy just a complete cunt as my mates say it is just a overriding dislike for PBF that makes me say rather harsh & critical things.
Byrd Man
well that's where we differ. You take great pleasure in seeing others have their livelihoods taken away, and in front of his children at that.

And I think you can look at Jeff Mayweather and see that not all the Mayweathers are fucked up.

This is going nowhere, so go ahead and spew your venom and laugh when people get injured, perhaps permanently.

All because you don't like someone. Pathetic.

I'm done, go ahead and talk the shit that you're talking. You're going to anyway.
The CEO
lol...joe got edited...

STEVEN.....Hatton is done...he's old news....I got my eye out for a new target.....the night Hatton was lucky enough to be in the same ring with Mayweather was the pinnacle of his bullshit career....and he ended up getting Dominated in front of an grand audience......"I'd ravver take 6 of these than take one of THESE!".....lol.....he got embarrassed and stopped....and he ain't EVER comin' back.

and Byrd Man...I called you BM on purpose...glad you got that...laugh.gif
Fitz
You know the best thing to wish for when you want to wish bad on someone you dislike? I have wished that Mayweather gets KTFO and is laying flat on his back motionless. Laying there still for 10 minutes, there is silence in the arena and you could hear a pin drop. People are now fearing for his safety. He is put in a neck brace and stretchered off to a hospital.
The next day you go fightnews or something, and see a headline and see he is still in a coma and in a bad state. A week passes and he finally wakes up from his coma.
Everything is ok people. Mayweather is just fine. Don't just expect him to box EVER again. That way, he still has his health, just his career is in tatters.
Fitz
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 27 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]380175[/snapback]
lol...joe got edited...

lol, and now it makes me look stupid. As I am the one that said "is it weird I don't understand a thing this guy said". That's why I usually try quote people, this is what happens when you don't. lol.
streetlion1
No matter what happens in this match mayweather wont put himself in position to be hurt. Its funny he wont be hurt wrestling..and he sure wont be hurt boxing cause he wont step in the ring with anybody..PBF is the P4P joke of boxing!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 27 2008, 02:25 AM) [snapback]380176[/snapback]
You know the best thing to wish for when you want to wish bad on someone you dislike? I have wished that Mayweather gets KTFO and is laying flat on his back motionless. Laying there still for 10 minutes, there is silence in the arena and you could hear a pin drop. People are now fearing for his safety. He is put in a neck brace and stretchered off to a hospital.
The next day you go fightnews or something, and see a headline and see he is still in a coma and in a bad state. A week passes and he finally wakes up from his coma.
Everything is ok people. Mayweather is just fine. Don't just expect him to box EVER again. That way, he still has his health, just his career is in tatters.

Jeeze that is a harsh thought laugh.gif . I just want to see the prick get his leg or arm broke & some plates & pins put in.
Southeastpaw
Hey BM, the more you stick around here, the more used to hearing talk evil nonsense about fighters you'll get. You'll get used to it. It will tell you alot about that person. There are people on here that seem to only hate, and then you have people on here that actually like and support fighters publicly. The ones that hate are easy to see. They have an avitar of a guy they hate getting punished and/or pics of it. It is far easier to hate on this board and not be bashed that it is to actually have a fighter that you stand behind and defend. When you have a favorite fighter, you leave yourself open to get bashed when certain things happen with him. But when you don't show support for a fighter and only hate on fighters, it is much safer.

You see BM, when a poster displays as much bitterness towards a fighter as some of these posters do, it is unhealthy. There is someone I know that stated that holding extreme bitterness towards someone is like you drinking poison and waiting for them to die. Doesn't hurt someone like Floyd a bit. On the contrary, it is putting more bucks in his pocket.

The funny thing is it is most likely all his haters that ended up naming Floyd, MoneyMay. I know they were buying his PPVs to watch him get KOed. Instead.........he does the butt-kickin and takin the money and naming himself, MoneyMay cause of all the money they made him. I used to hate. I have been where these guys have been BM, I know. And now I understand. But it does help now that Hatton got wiped out in front of millions. That has calmed the the bear inside me.
Nobudius
I just want that iPod removed.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Feb 27 2008, 04:32 AM) [snapback]380193[/snapback]
Hey BM, the more you stick around here, the more used to hearing talk evil nonsense about fighters you'll get. You'll get used to it. It will tell you alot about that person. There are people on here that seem to only hate, and then you have people on here that actually like and support fighters publicly. The ones that hate are easy to see. They have an avitar of a guy they hate getting punished and/or pics of it. It is far easier to hate on this board and not be bashed that it is to actually have a fighter that you stand behind and defend. When you have a favorite fighter, you leave yourself open to get bashed when certain things happen with him. But when you don't show support for a fighter and only hate on fighters, it is much safer.

You see BM, when a poster displays as much bitterness towards a fighter as some of these posters do, it is unhealthy. There is someone I know that stated that holding extreme bitterness towards someone is like you drinking poison and waiting for them to die. Doesn't hurt someone like Floyd a bit. On the contrary, it is putting more bucks in his pocket.

The funny thing is it is most likely all his haters that ended up naming Floyd, MoneyMay. I know they were buying his PPVs to watch him get KOed. Instead.........he does the butt-kickin and takin the money and naming himself, MoneyMay cause of all the money they made him. I used to hate. I have been where these guys have been BM, I know. And now I understand. But it does help now that Hatton got wiped out in front of millions. That has calmed the the bear inside me.

Best post in this thread. Agree 100% except I refuse to but PBF, RJJ or Mundine PPV fights so as not to put money in thier pockets.

My hate for RJJ diminished after he got stretched twice but is fully renewed now he is back & talkin shit again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.