Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Race in America
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Smack Talk
streetlion1
Racism is a cancer in our society! Everyone says how much better things have gotten since the 50's and 60's but it is still very much alive. people just try to be politically correct and two-faced about it. I for one am Black and White..growing up I had to deal with racism on both ends. Either I was too black for white folks..or too white for black folks. Either way I never bought into any of it. Whenever I came into contact with racist people we usually fought...and it just wasnt people who were racist against either one of my races..it was people who were racist against anyone. I have people who I call friends who are Arab, Hmong, Korean, Black, White, Mexican, and everything inbetween. I dont believe in racial stereotypes or generalizations and when I hear or see it happening it really gets on my last damn nerve! When I look at people I see a person..not a Mexican person or a Black person etc...but a person. That is the way all people should be but in America I feel less than half the population is. judge people on thier character not thier color...judge them based on who they are not where they come from. Growing up in the hood on the streets of Frogtown (st. paul) I saw alot of bad in people of every race..but also alot of good....but when people hear that you are from the hood they automatically think bad of you..you must be a gangbanger..or a dope-dealer..or you are lazy. "From the flames rose the pheonix"..."even concrete can sprout a rose".."never judge a book by its cover".."always remain humble"..those are words I remember and live by. This country has a long history of hate geared towards minorities...The slaughter and massacre of Americas real fathers the natives...the death camps they put our Asian brothers through in the world war...slavery...the tuskeegee experiment.. the assasination of our black leaders during the 1960's and the C.I.A. distributing cocaine in the black communities..now they are harassing Arabs everywhere they go and trying to declare war on immigration by not allowing our Latino brothers to enter a country that was built on immigration! America is a melting pot which is what makes us so strong..it literally took every race to build this country..so when I hear some lame ass KKK member say "go back to your own country" I realize just how dumb they are! If everone was to go back to thier own country..remember no-one would be here but the Natives..they are the real home-land security! This country needs a leader like Obama..to show the many racists that are still spouting off at the mouth that this is a new world and there is nothing they can do about it!!
Fitz
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 26 2008, 03:38 PM) [snapback]380053[/snapback]
I dont believe in racial stereotypes or generalizations

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...st&p=380023

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 26 2008, 01:20 PM) [snapback]380023[/snapback]
sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!

Thread over.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 25 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]380054[/snapback]

Are you dumb or what?! Or are you still mad about that Shitz comment I made a while back?! Stop taking my words out of context! China is a COUNTRY....not a race of people! Not once did you see me put down anything racist about Asian folks. You are making no sense at all! Is everone in China Chinese?! No I think not. You could be black/white/arab/mexican/or a fuckin alien and if you are in china I would make that comment about you if you were talkin shit...because in China they do that shit..its a fact...its not geared towards any race of people its geared towards a nation...just like when I hear british people say americans are dumb...who are they talking about?!..Americans...not a certain race. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Fitz
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 26 2008, 03:55 PM) [snapback]380057[/snapback]
Are you dumb or what?! Or are you still mad about that Shitz comment I made a while back?!

You mean the one you copied off someone?

Stop taking my words out of context!

'sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!'

Please tell me what the context of that comment was. I'm just dying to find out.

China is a COUNTRY....not a race of people!

If someone says. 'I hate all Chinese people'. That is not deemed racist because China isn't a race? Is that what you are saying. Yes or no answer please.

At the end of the day. You said you don't believe in racial stereotypes. Yet you told someone to sit back in China and eat dogs and cats. You made a racial generalization thinking EVERYONE in China eats dogs and cats. But yeah, it's not a racial remark because China isn't a race. Just like it wouldn't be racist if I said I hate all Nigerians, because Nigeria isn't a race either. lol.

caneman
if i can't use the "N", the fucking "F"word, the "B" word, or the "D" word...how will anyone know when i am addressing them? rolleyes.gif but anywho, REG ONE, is that you dog? someone must be bored as fuck to make a thread like this!!! just go fuck ya some white girls bro, you'll feel all better then! thread\\//
ElectricTwinkie
Since St. Paul is a bustling metropolis with all the perks of modern man, I suggest the OP seek anger management counseling. Then again being hot under the collar all the time must be a good way to combat all the snow.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 26 2008, 01:55 AM) [snapback]380065[/snapback]
You mean the one you copied off someone?
'sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!'

Please tell me what the context of that comment was. I'm just dying to find out.
If someone says. 'I hate all Chinese people'. That is not deemed racist because China isn't a race? Is that what you are saying. Yes or no answer please.

At the end of the day. You said you don't believe in racial stereotypes. Yet you told someone to sit back in China and eat dogs and cats. You made a racial generalization thinking EVERYONE in China eats dogs and cats. But yeah, it's not a racial remark because China isn't a race. Just like it wouldn't be racist if I said I hate all Nigerians, because Nigeria isn't a race either. lol.

That is not a racial generalization..a generalization of a countries practices maybe..not a racial one! Again totally out of context..if someone was to say they hate Chinese people yeah that is a racist comment..but if someone simply comments on something they do in China it is not..everyone in China is not Chinese...and if you go back and read my whole arguement with that bitch then you'll see when I said everyone in China doesnt eat dogs and cats...so I dont know what you are trying to get at here. Not once did I mention Chinese people..but the nation as a whole. Also everyone in Nigeria is not black so no I wouldnt consider that a racist comment either. Bottem line..I know who I am and what i meant! You have no arguement here! So if I said something like sit in Australia and ride your fuckin Kangaroo is that a racist comment or a comment about your country?!..Cant wait for your answer!
streetlion1
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 26 2008, 05:29 AM) [snapback]380070[/snapback]
if i can't use the "N", the fucking "F"word, the "B" word, or the "D" word...how will anyone know when i am addressing them? rolleyes.gif but anywho, REG ONE, is that you dog? someone must be bored as fuck to make a thread like this!!! just go fuck ya some white girls bro, you'll feel all better then! thread\\//

Whats wrong you cant take the truth?! because everything I said is true! I thought this thread would stir up some emotion in the real racist people...could that be you?!
Fitz
I really can't be fucked getting into a pissing contest. I wasn't even offended, and I couldn't care less if you were a racist. I just found it kind of amusing that you are playing the say no to racism type of guy. Yet you call someone a red neck, tell another to "sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!". Maybe it isn't a race, but you got backed into a corner, got angry, panicked and made a derogatory comment on a 'culture. It's alright, you can insult a culture, just don't insult a race.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 26 2008, 09:53 AM) [snapback]380090[/snapback]
I really can't be fucked getting into a pissing contest. I wasn't even offended, and I couldn't care less if you were a racist. I just found it kind of amusing that you are playing the say no to racism type of guy. Yet you call someone a red neck, tell another to "sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!". Maybe it isn't a race, but you got backed into a corner, got angry, panicked and made a derogatory comment on a 'culture. It's alright, you can insult a culture, just don't insult a race.

Thats fine...and I wasnt trying to get into a "pissing contest"..I was making a point that if I say something about a countries practices that isnt an attack on a race. There are "rednecks" of every color...though most of them may be white it wasnt an attack on white people only rednecks....im half white myself. LOL at your panick statement...I just get irritated when I try to have a debate with someone and they go off talking shit just because they dont agree with what I say. You say you couldnt care less if I was a racist..but you were trying to call me one and taking my words way out of context. Im glad your a big enough fan of mine to put my quotes in your sig...I'll send you an autograph! thumbsup_anim.gifwebsite
caneman
not @ all...i think it's all pretty funny actually thumbsup_anim.gif thanks for the laughs rolleyes.gif
caneman
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 26 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]380090[/snapback]

B-I-N-G-O
streetlion1
QUOTE(caneman @ Feb 26 2008, 10:12 AM) [snapback]380094[/snapback]
B-I-N-G-O

and bingo was his name-o laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 26 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]380092[/snapback]
...I just get irritated when I try to have a debate with someone and they go off talking shit just because they dont agree with what I say. thumbsup_anim.gifwebsite

That tends to happen when you give your opinion on a message board.
BigJuicyHog
Well if we are being honest about steriotypes, It isnt even the Chinese that are well know for eating dog. That is more of a korean thing, and it is racisist when it is associated with all Asians rather that the ones who practice said eating.
BGv2.0
Well...I'm glad that I myself am an equal opportunity "racist".....I love to hear jokes about blacks, Chinese, Jews.....WTFever...if it's funny I'll enjoy it.

None of that translates into....I'll lynch the first Black I see....or my dog is missing...I'll bet my Asian neighbor ate it.

America is too uptight about race and religion and all that shit. A person can still hold opinions that are not PC and that are based on solid arguments and SHOULD NOT be called a "racist" for it. For example....I'm a White American....I know early settlers used slaves, (which was wrong) and I know they wiped out the Injuns...(I'm glad they did as you would not have the America today that I so enjoy living in....it's regretful...but's it's what got us where we are.) and saying all of that....I feel not one ounce of guilt...when I say I totally agree with trying to stop the overwhelming surge of immagrants coming over here. Because....if we simply sit back and allow it based on some sort of "white guilt" we as a nation are supposed to feel......"WE" as in all current Americans might very well be tomarrow's Indians....

I have no problem in defending what you took. Land is won and lost in wars, millions die....it's called History....and it's what shapes our world. AND...futhermore...it's natural. So why should I feel guilt over the natural course of things? Do I admit it's often terrible and shameful...sure....but I myself never partook in any of it. Don't plan to either....but I will enjoy mnaking light of serious topics. From race to death and anything in between....and I don't think that makes one a racist.

NOW....I do in fact HATE Radical Middle Eastern Muslims.....I'd like to build a HUGE meat grinder...toss them all in and feed them to the Sudanese. Kill two birds with one stone.

thumbsup_anim.gif

streetlion1
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 26 2008, 02:24 PM) [snapback]380142[/snapback]
Well...I'm glad that I myself am an equal opportunity "racist".....I love to hear jokes about blacks, Chinese, Jews.....WTFever...if it's funny I'll enjoy it.

None of that translates into....I'll lynch the first Black I see....or my dog is missing...I'll bet my Asian neighbor ate it.
America is too uptight about race and religion and all that shit. A person can still hold opinions that are not PC and that are based on solid arguments and SHOULD NOT be called a "racist" for it. For example....I'm a White American....I know early settlers used slaves, (which was wrong) and I know they wiped out the Injuns...(I'm glad they did as you would not have the America today that I so enjoy living in....it's regretful...but's it's what got us where we are.) and saying all of that....I feel not one ounce of guilt...when I say I totally agree with trying to stop the overwhelming surge of immagrants coming over here. Because....if we simply sit back and allow it based on some sort of "white guilt" we as a nation are supposed to feel......"WE" as in all current Americans might very well be tomarrow's Indians....

I have no problem in defending what you took. Land is won and lost in wars, millions die....it's called History....and it's what shapes our world. AND...futhermore...it's natural. So why should I feel guilt over the natural course of things? Do I admit it's often terrible and shameful...sure....but I myself never partook in any of it. Don't plan to either....but I will enjoy mnaking light of serious topics. From race to death and anything in between....and I don't think that makes one a racist.
NOW....I do in fact HATE Radical Middle Eastern Muslims.....I'd like to build a HUGE meat grinder...toss them all in and feed them to the Sudanese. Kill two birds with one stone.

thumbsup_anim.gif

Alot of what you have said are the words of a racist...saying that you are glad they wiped out the indians cause we wouldnt have the world we have today is very offensive. Evolution happens..technology advances..we still would've had the same country only more diverse if that sensless cowardly massacre of innocent people hadnt took place!
-The fact that you say we will become tomorrows "indians" because of immigration is a naive comment...we in effect are all immigrants unless we are native...I understand not wanting people with criminal records in this country..but the average worker/family man looking for a better life..escaping poverty in search of the American Dream?! That is the majority of immigrants.
-The natural course of things is not slaughtering innocent people..its the act of a power-hungry..fascist..government.
-All in all your entitled to your opinion..but the history of racism in this country is nothing to laugh at and until we as a nation get over seeing people for thier color,religious beliefs..etc we will continue to have a shallow and hatefull society..I just hope this next generation of children get it better than the countless before them...but hate is taught..it doesnt come natural..that is the problem.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 26 2008, 05:01 PM) [snapback]380145[/snapback]
Alot of what you have said are the words of a racist...saying that you are glad they wiped out the indians cause we wouldnt have the world we have today is very offensive. Evolution happens..technology advances..we still would've had the same country only more diverse if that sensless cowardly massacre of innocent people hadnt took place!
-The fact that you say we will become tomorrows "indians" because of immigration is a naive comment...we in effect are all immigrants unless we are native...I understand not wanting people with criminal records in this country..but the average worker/family man looking for a better life..escaping poverty in search of the American Dream?! That is the majority of immigrants.
-The natural course of things is not slaughtering innocent people..its the act of a power-hungry..fascist..government.
-All in all your entitled to your opinion..but the history of racism in this country is nothing to laugh at and until we as a nation get over seeing people for thier color,religious beliefs..etc we will continue to have a shallow and hatefull society..I just hope this next generation of children get it better than the countless before them...but hate is taught..it doesnt come natural..that is the problem.

Well...that is your opinion (that my words are "racist"). AND...what I say might offend YOU....but that does not mean it offends everybody. I totally agree with you...the massacre of the Injuns was a terrible, awful thing....but do you deny it is a part of history that has led us to where we are? I admit....under this current admin...we are not as great as we once were...but we are still a very sucessful country.

And I do agree with you....hard working, good harted people SHOULD be allowed in....but in a systematic way. If we have advanced so much technically...then we should use our knowledge to stream line people we allow into our country. I don't thik that is "racist" at all. It's smart. You would not leave your back door of your home wide open at night would you? Same principle here.

And you are right...I do not laugh at the history of racism in this country...but I do laugh at jokes that might make light of an individual's skin color or religion or culture. It simply does not offend me.

And what you desire is IMPOSSIBLE. People ARE IN FACT different.....it's what makes the world such a great interesting place....it is impossible to look at people and NOT see their obvious differences.....that does not make you racist....that makes you visually able.

AND you are also wrong on the idea that Hate does not come natural.....it most certanly does. Take a look at some of the research done by Howard Bloom. Read The Lucifer Principle....

http://www.howardbloom.net/lucifer/about.html

When you consider his arguments that Hatred and killing is in fact very "normal".....we have come a long way in race relations in a very short time. Sure....you still have moronic individuals that choose to drag a handicapped black man down a road behind their truck....and they TRUELY are worthless, vile, evil beings....but to toss people that laugh at a afro joke into the same mix is GROSSLY over doing it.
The CEO
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 26 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]380155[/snapback]
what I say might offend YOU....but that does not mean it offends everybody.

True.

"Injuns"...laugh.gif

The board is lighting up lately, ain't it....
Jack 1000
Moved to Smack Talk,

Because we know where these types of threads lead. The tone of the thread indicates this now.

Jack

Administrator
Fitz
I didn't see that coming.
STEVENSKI
We had sorry day here the other week. I was not sorry I have to say. Why would I be sorry for something I did not do. I never killed any Abo's nor did I remove them from their families so why should I say sorry.

It is sad that it happened & all but hey I did none of that so why would I apologise?

Some very sig worthy quotes in here as well.
Fitz
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 27 2008, 12:57 PM) [snapback]380172[/snapback]
We had sorry day here the other week. I was not sorry I have to say. Why would I be sorry for something I did not do. I never killed any Abo's nor did I remove them from their families so why should I say sorry.

It is sad that it happened & all but hey I did none of that so why would I apologise?

Some very sig worthy quotes in here as well.

I do feel sorry for what happened with the aboriginies, but yeah, not sure why we had to apologise. If we had to apologise for everything our ancestors and people we had no control over did, we would spend our whole life apologising. I think people always acknowledged what happened to them and felt bad, but it was from people generations ago. We shouldn't have to say sorry for them.

Check out my new sig. lol.
Warlord
Look at this gangster, lol. Hardcore e-thuggery at it's finest. laugh.gif Shitlion you should've never gave out a link to your myspace, cause your whitebread ass is about to get owned!

Is this how you boys do it down in St. Paul? ROFLMAO!!!

LAME!!!
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 26 2008, 08:32 PM) [snapback]380178[/snapback]
I do feel sorry for what happened with the aboriginies, but yeah, not sure why we had to apologise. If we had to apologise for everything our ancestors and people we had no control over did, we would spend our whole life apologising. I think people always acknowledged what happened to them and felt bad, but it was from people generations ago. We shouldn't have to say sorry for them.

Check out my new sig. lol.

You know..if you are gonna pick out small sections of my quotes and make it seem like I contradicted myself that is a lil low..but at this point I dont expect any better from you.
- No-one is asking anyone to apologize..it was more of a thread to get people to think and to get some of the people who are closed-minded racists to think about how thier words and actions affect people.
-It is interesting to see that the more negative type responses seem to be coming from caucasians.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 26 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]380182[/snapback]
Look at this gangster, lol. Hardcore e-thuggery at it's finest. laugh.gif Shitlion you should've never gave out a link to your myspace, cause your whitebread ass is about to get owned!

LAME!!!

See me then....why dont you quit talkin..cuz thats what you do best! If you looked at my myspace you see aint no-one a gangster but im real and I'll beat yo ass whorelord...like I said come to MN and I'll meet you anywhere!
Warlord
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 25 2008, 11:38 PM) [snapback]380053[/snapback]
I dont believe in racial stereotypes or generalizations and when I hear or see it happening it really gets on my last damn nerve!

RACISM [rey-siz-uhm]: "The belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or culturally) to others." American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition.

GENERLAIZE: 1.) To draw inferences or a general conclusion from. 2.) To make generally or universally applicable.

QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 25 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]380023[/snapback]
sit back in China eat your dogs and cats and shut the fuck up!

Looks like you're guilty on both counts, stud.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 26 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]380185[/snapback]
RACISM [rey-siz-uhm]: "The belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or culturally) to others." American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition.

GENERLAIZE: 1.) To draw inferences or a general conclusion from. 2.) To make generally or universally applicable.
Looks like you're guilty on both counts, stud.

Whatever...your guilty of being a Coward who can only talk shit on the internet like a bitch..and cant bust a grape in real life. When are you gonna see me face to face?! Never...I guess you finally have an excuse since they moved this to the smack talk section..but I aint on here to talk smack..the only thing I have to say to you is come see me!!
streetlion1
I wonder the real reason they moved this to smack talk?!...The only ones talking smack were the caucasians...what i said in my opening statement was true and I was trying to have a serious discussion...Whatever my point is proven!
STEVENSKI
With a name like streetlion1 I bet you are a real scrapper ain'tcha? Are you king of the jungle?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 04:08 AM) [snapback]380186[/snapback]
Whatever...your guilty of being a Coward who can only talk shit on the internet like a bitch..and cant bust a grape in real life. When are you gonna see me face to face?! Never...I guess you finally have an excuse since they moved this to the smack talk section..but I aint on here to talk smack..the only thing I have to say to you is come see me!!

In Seuth Efrika we knew hew to fix bleckies leik yew.
Fitz
QUOTE(Warlord @ Feb 27 2008, 02:44 PM) [snapback]380182[/snapback]

LAME!!!

*gasps*
Fitz
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 03:12 PM) [snapback]380187[/snapback]
I wonder the real reason they moved this to smack talk?

No. Jack 1000 is just the message boards version of a controversial referee that stops things too early. lol.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:12 AM) [snapback]380187[/snapback]
I wonder the real reason they moved this to smack talk?!...The only ones talking smack were the caucasians...what i said in my opening statement was true and I was trying to have a serious discussion...Whatever my point is proven!

Well, I never talked smack to you...I understand your aggrivation....just don't agree with all of it. Seriously take a look at that link I provided.

For sure on the immagration issue. I'll give you an example of just what a problem it is. For the last few weeks I have been busting my ass in an attempt to get my mother health insurance. The woman is 62 years of age and keeps herself in extreamly good shape, she has paid her taxes her entire life and will retire in a year.....as an American...she has done her job....she has worked, paid into the system and raised a productive family. BUT...due to her age and the fact that she has a couple of normal "pre-existing" conditions.....on paper....they will not give her jack shit. Their basic answer is pray you stay healthy until you are 65 and we just HAVE to give you the money with Medicare.

YET.....a woman that has come here illegally can have 3-4 kids here in the states and yet every single one of them are paid in full by Medicaid....these people may have only have been here 6 years or so as opposed to 62....have not paid jack in taxes as compared to my mother....YET....their children suck up tons of money that could go to help folks like my mother.

I'm sorry....but that is a broken system...and proves that illegal immagration can cause an unfair drain on resorces.

I'm all for letting good, hard working families into this country....it would only make us stronger...but it cannot be allowed to happen like a facet that has been turned on and left running with no supervision.....it must be done in a way that is fair to everybody, current residents, immagrants that have come here legally, and all tax payers.

streetlion1
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 26 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]380205[/snapback]
Well, I never talked smack to you...I understand your aggrivation....just don't agree with all of it. Seriously take a look at that link I provided.
For sure on the immagration issue. I'll give you an example of just what a problem it is. For the last few weeks I have been busting my ass in an attempt to get my mother health insurance. The woman is 62 years of age and keeps herself in extreamly good shape, she has paid her taxes her entire life and will retire in a year.....as an American...she has done her job....she has worked, paid into the system and raised a productive family. BUT...due to her age and the fact that she has a couple of normal "pre-existing" conditions.....on paper....they will not give her jack shit. Their basic answer is pray you stay healthy until you are 65 and we just HAVE to give you the money with Medicare.

YET.....a woman that has come here illegally can have 3-4 kids here in the states and yet every single one of them are paid in full by Medicaid....these people may have only have been here 6 years or so as opposed to 62....have not paid jack in taxes as compared to my mother....YET....their children suck up tons of money that could go to help folks like my mother.

I'm sorry....but that is a broken system...and proves that illegal immagration can cause an unfair drain on resorces.

I'm all for letting good, hard working families into this country....it would only make us stronger...but it cannot be allowed to happen like a facet that has been turned on and left running with no supervision.....it must be done in a way that is fair to everybody, current residents, immagrants that have come here legally, and all tax payers.

I agree...the system is broken..however that isnt a fault of any immigrants its the fault of the government. Its fucked up that they wont give someone who has worked thier entire life to raise a family health insurance. The government will give most anyone who has children under 18 some kind of insurance..but wont take care of the elderly or regular hard working people. That I feel is the fault of a fucked up administration and an arrogant and dumb president who'd rather spend billions on a war based on a lie then help the Americans here who are suffering. I agree with you for the most part on this BGv2.0...its nice that someone can be serious and have a real discussion. I took a look at that link..and dude had some crazy and off views. He was basically saying there are reasons to be evil and have hatred...kind of like a without evil there is no good kinda thing(which I once heard Eddie Murphy say in The Nutty Proffesor but there is nothing funny about Blooms words)..He went on to say basically that it was O.K. for us to massacre the natives because they were a "warrior race"....but what we did wasnt declare war..it was sit down act like your friend and stab you in the back kind of shit...He was a little too extreme for me to take serious.He says in one passage something along the lines of no American political leader has exterminated a race for his own political gain..yet we dropped a nuke on Hiroshima after all they did was attack a harbor...over 600,000 innocent Iraqi are dead based on Bush's lie..Iraqi children and pregnant mothers were left without arms and legs....and that doesnt even mention the almost 4,000 American lives we have lost because of him...he also says all muslims tend to hate the west. Which is not true..the radicals only hate us because of our presence in what they deem as thier "Holy Land"..its a matter of a fucked up foreign policy on our part...not making excuses for terrorist behavior at all cause those cocksuckers deserve to be punished! This guy Howard Bloom is just another man with an opinion like you or I..but some of his shit is way outlandish. I still feel hate is taught..though people can learn to hate based on personal experiences they still shouldnt put all people in one boat based on bad run-ins with a few bad ones. If you ever watched a group of young kids in the playground you'd know that all in all children dont have racial preferences..true that people will always be drawn to those who are most like themselves..but they dont hate based on what they see..its adult influences and beliefs that usually play a part in molding thier minds into how they react to people.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Feb 27 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]380202[/snapback]
In Seuth Efrika we knew hew to fix bleckies leik yew.

Hahahaha...oh shit.

I laughed my ass off at that. My cousin is from Seuth Efrika and he came over to stay a month or so ago and that is EXACTLY how they talk. Weird accent....found myself speaking like it when he left, lol.
ElectricTwinkie
But ew don't whant to go to Seuth Efrika, sir!
-Why not?
Because...because...eur blick.

He is. You are.

Lethal Weapon is full of win.

This thread-full of fail.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Feb 27 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]380221[/snapback]
Hahahaha...oh shit.

I laughed my ass off at that. My cousin is from Seuth Efrika and he came over to stay a month or so ago and that is EXACTLY how they talk. Weird accent....found myself speaking like it when he left, lol.

Eye geyt thim tew werk in my diamond myne. I werk them herd but eye do not beyt thim unless they steeel from me.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 26 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]380142[/snapback]

thumbsup_anim.gif

I really don't think "Manifest Destiny" is something we should be proud of. Especially the way it was carried out, it not like we just conquered the Indians, we spread diseases, abused their women, i'm sure you know about the trail of tears.

I think humanity should be above and learn from the wars and decisions of the past. It is OK for us to seperate ourselves from the other animals. We have the ability to look back and say, well maybe manifest destiny could have been carried out differently, maybe it wasn't necessary at all, we shouldn't feel guilty, but not be proud of it. We should be proud that we aren't going to do that shit again, and maybe be proud of helping in other places where genocide is taking place. Because that's what "conquering the injuns" was, ethnic genocide.

I do find it funny that a Texan doesn't like immigrants, since we just strolled in Mexico told them that this part of their land was Texas and they had to get out. But illegal immigration can be a problem, it's not good to have undocumented people wandering around. I'm sure you have no problem with legal immigrants.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Feb 27 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]380395[/snapback]
we shouldn't feel guilty, but not be proud of it. We should be proud that we aren't going to do that shit again, and maybe be proud of helping in other places where genocide is taking place. Because that's what "conquering the injuns" was, ethnic genocide.

I do find it funny that a Texan doesn't like immigrants, since we just strolled in Mexico told them that this part of their land was Texas and they had to get out. But illegal immigration can be a problem, it's not good to have undocumented people wandering around. I'm sure you have no problem with legal immigrants.

I never said I was "proud" of it....I admit it was terrible and hope it does not happen again....but that is as far as it goes for me personally....I don't feel any personal resposibility or remorse for anything that took place years ago which did not actually involve me.....which is why I have ZERO guilt about talking about the problems illegal immagration poses. I have no guilt about the land that was taken from Mexico. That was a battle that took place long ago in history and has no impact on any ideas I have today....IMHO...that would be guilt driven...and I don't suffer from white guilt. "since we just strolled in Mexico".....wrong....WE...never did anything...I never did it. Sam Houston and a bunch of guys many, many years ago did that.

And my little "Injuns" is simply my way of making light of a serious situation....I know how to spell "Indians". But that is the point I made earlier....people seem to think that you are a hood wearing racist if you so much as jokingly type a ethnic class in a purposely humerous way....when all it is is joking around.

And you are correct...I have ZERO problem with people that come here legally. I even get along very well with the illegals that live behind my home.....they are some of the nicest people I've ever met....they have helped me and I've done the same for them. However, that does not change the fact that I think their being here illegal is wrong. NOW....I'm not so hard core on this topic that I pick up the phone and call Immagration on them.

Which is also why I have ZERO problem with amnesty for those already here. I just want to turn the facet off.....which needs to be done.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 28 2008, 01:53 AM) [snapback]380437[/snapback]
Which is also why I have ZERO problem with amnesty for those already here. I just want to turn the facet off.....which needs to be done.

Yeah, plus there is no possible way you can round up 10-20 million people and kick them out. It just doesn't make any sense economically, logistically or politically. But the faucet does need to be turned off.
WolfishPromistah
I was about to ask whether every “illegal immigrant” here should not acknowledge any personal responsibility for his / her being illegal in the first place -- just close his / her eyes and one day awaken with a smile in America -- all because of the government? But I see that you kept things on point again, BG. Thanks. [smile]

Not a battle against immigrants going through the proper channels to be here, of course. It is against those who are illegal, and there is that difference.

“Yeah, plus there is no possible way you can round up 10-20 million people and kick them out. It just doesn't make any sense economically, logistically or politically. But the faucet does need to be turned off.”

From what I understand, the potential for that was intended to be increased through what President Bush was planning with that “illegal-immigrant VISA program” he was introducing – to encourage people to get on paper, which could result in what would be kind of akin to the “backstabbing” of the American natives someone here referred to. In essence, it was to be a stratagem to keep things in what is supposedly intended to be better order, meaning more control over population count.
BrutalBodyShots
I have not read any of this thread yet, but encountered some racism at work a few days ago. I run a restaurant locally, and there was a black woman with her daughter eating lunch at one of the tables. The daughter was 18 years old and tried to order a drink. My server correctly checked the ID and refused alcohol service. Basically the mother then ordered a drink and let the daughter drink it. I went over to the table and nicely told the mother than the daughter couldn't drink; the server had informed me that she had refused service as she wasn't of age. The mother proceeded to argue with me, saying I was harassing them - that I wasn't going over to the "white tables" in the restaurant and such. The mother proceeded to say "I fucking hate white people" to me. Very inappropriate. Pretty sad that this is what we have going on in 2008. What's even more sad is that her 18 year old daughter was just sitting there more or less agreeing with her mother. Great that she's being taught that behavior, no?

Warlord
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 29 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]384481[/snapback]
I have not read any of this thread yet, but encountered some racism at work a few days ago. I run a restaurant locally, and there was a black woman with her daughter eating lunch at one of the tables. The daughter was 18 years old and tried to order a drink. My server correctly checked the ID and refused alcohol service. Basically the mother then ordered a drink and let the daughter drink it. I went over to the table and nicely told the mother than the daughter couldn't drink; the server had informed me that she had refused service as she wasn't of age. The mother proceeded to argue with me, saying I was harassing them - that I wasn't going over to the "white tables" in the restaurant and such. The mother proceeded to say "I fucking hate white people" to me. Very inappropriate. Pretty sad that this is what we have going on in 2008. What's even more sad is that her 18 year old daughter was just sitting there more or less agreeing with her mother. Great that she's being taught that behavior, no?

In America, it's only considered racism if whites are the ones being ignorant. It's okay for everyone else to be complete assholes and toss out racially insensitive remarks. Thought you knew that.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 29 2008, 09:45 PM) [snapback]384528[/snapback]
In America, it's only considered racism if whites are the ones being ignorant. It's okay for everyone else to be complete assholes and toss out racially insensitive remarks. Thought you knew that.

Oh I'm well aware =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.