Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most hated fighter?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Oscar De La Hoya:

I'll admit the man is a hell of a fighter and a sure lock for the HOF, but this is just one guy I've always hated since I became a hardcore fan of thes port. When he knockedout my by Fatnando Vargas, it took the hate to a whole nother level. I really wanted Vargas to win that fight and I remember after had a big round 5, I thought he could actually win the decision but then he gets tired, DLH wobbles him in round 10, finishes him off in 11. Plus I really thought Quartey won that fight. But like I said, you have to respect what he's done for the sport and he was certainly a damn good fighter in his prime and still is.

Lennox Lewis:

Respect the man. Great great fighter. Dominated his era. Just never liked him.

Acelino Freitas:

That made my day when Chico beat him.

Also recnetly, I've been wanting to see Koki Kameda get KTFO...
Al Hata

- Tarver

- Klit

- Any UK fighter that doesn't come to the US to fight.
PR316
Hate is a strong word but there are fighters I dislike..

1- Oscar De La Hoya- Hard to deny that he was great at one point. From 1997 through 2000, the guy had one helluva prime even in the fights he lost. One problem I have with him is the fake personality, even though in recent years he's become just a little more genuine. The quitting job against Hopkins is unforgivable. I've seen Oscar take harder punches than that and he didn't go down. I'll always say he took the cowards out in that fight, regardless of whom he's faced. Now he's just a has been who can't accept the fact that his time is up and he keeps on using his name to get big fights. Oscar is one of the main things standing in the way of a potential Mayweather/Cotto fight.

2- Antonio Tarver- I dislike him even more than Oscar honestly. Talk about LUCKY.... You want the definition of the word, and there oughta be a picture of Antonio Tarver right there. But lets not even argue that. The guy is an arrogant prick who thinks he's some kind of legend. Got beat pretty badly by Hopkins whom in years hadn't fought at 175 pounds and then goes on about how "I'm still the man that all these guys need to see if they want to get a big name" or something to that extent. ROTFLMAO!!... Get the fuck outta here with that. Tarver has BLATANTLY avoided Chad Dawson though he must be given some credit for taking on Clinton Woods. That said, I'm sure he'll fuck it up again when he says somethign stupid after the fight, win or lose.

3- James Toney- NOW.... Not back then.. I loved watching him fight. But right now I'm sick of the guy. He needs to let it go. And if your gonna keep fighting, then at least show up in shape. Make me think that your at least serious enough about fighting and not just doing it out of stupid street pride. Then again its probably just an act on his part because he may indeed be in need of the money. He should just go away already. Its too late to save the heavyweight division anyway.
D-MARV
Is this All Time fighters or Just Present?

Anyways here is my Present top 3

1. Antonio Margarito

2. Felix Sturm

3. Vitali Klitschko
BrutalBodyShots
Wladimir Klitschko

Antonio Tarver

John Ruiz

Maxy
Wladimir Klitschko

Vitali Klitschko

Antonio Tarver
streetlion1
Floyd Mayweather jr.

Roy Jones jr.

John Ruiz
BlackSmack
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 11:53 AM) [snapback]380256[/snapback]
Floyd Mayweather jr.

Roy Jones jr.

John Ruiz

Even if you hate Roy u still got to admitt Tarver got lucky.

My list of hated fighters:

1. Tarver-

simply because he sucks, talks like he is a legend but fights like a good contender! He got lucky with Roy Jones! Remember what jones did to Woods lol. Watch what kind of fight Tarver Woods will be.... Competitive LMAO!

2. Floyd Mayweather-

One of the greatest fighters u will ever see.. ever! He chooses to participate in wrestling, MMA and a rematch with Oscar De la Hoya instead of fighting Miguel Cotto! He could be Arrogant, but he is way past it! I personally love watching him fight but I dont really like how he acts at press conferences!

3. Allan Green-

I think he just a bitch! He might win a world title if it is a title elimition bout with another contender, but he will not take title from a real champion. He's a "B" fighter that thinks he's a legend also.

4. Vernon Forest-

He was cool until he thought he really beat Ike Quatey. That was such a bad robery! But what ever, he will lose his title soon so Im not worried too much!

5. Zab Judah-

Im tired of watching him and thinking "man once he decides to be dedicated to boxing he will be top 5 pound 4 pound easy". But know he shows up for some fights and then he Runs out of gas after the 6th. He Crazy Talent but he would need a trainer like emanuel stewart to take him to the next level.

Fighters I love:

1. Roy Jones Jr- Most talented fighter I have ever seen. Even after his prime he will dominate some chapions, You will see!
2. Zab Judah- Hate him and love him because he is still fun to watch.
3. Floyd Mayweater- Hate him but cant deny he is Pound 4 Pound!
4. Felix Trinidad- He gives 100 percent even though some times its not enough!
5. Oscar De la Hoya- He only fights the best at any weight his body will allow him.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Feb 27 2008, 11:53 AM) [snapback]380256[/snapback]
Floyd Mayweather jr.

Roy Jones jr.

John Ruiz

Out of curiosity who did you root for in Jones/Ruiz? LOL

Romulus9
Ray Leonard
Hector Camacho
Felix Trinidad

Honorable(?) Mention to Antonio Tarver, Michael Grant (for making me blow 50 bucks on his PPV 'fight' with Lewis), Chuck Wepner (for bleeding too much), Tommy Morrison (does this need to be explained?), and Lennox Lewis (for his HBO commentary)
Byrd Man
Floyd Jr., Prince Haseem Named, Roy Jones Jr.

I don't like people who are overly arrogant to the point of disrespecting people. I felt that both Floyd and RJJ tend to duck serious threats, and pad their records with nobodys and formerly great fighters.

Floyd has fought some name people, but no one who was a REAL threat to him.

Just my opinions though.
Romulus9
Wow... I forgot about Naseem Hamed. Add him to my list!

My favorite Prince moment? Taking the mic from Michael Buffer and spouting off about Allah... and then getting his ass beat by Barrera for 12 rounds.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Feb 27 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]380285[/snapback]
Ray Leonard
Hector Camacho
Felix Trinidad
Chuck Wepner (for bleeding too much),

That made me laugh out loud.
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 27 2008, 12:53 PM) [snapback]380277[/snapback]
Out of curiosity who did you root for in Jones/Ruiz? LOL

laugh.gif...I was rooting for the referee. laugh.gif
Byrd Man
heh heh....
kidbazooka1
Mayweather-personality/fighting style.

Ruiz-horrible fighting style.

Spinks-The guy is just so f*cking boring.
Romulus9
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Feb 27 2008, 03:34 PM) [snapback]380313[/snapback]
Mayweather-personality/fighting style.

Ruiz-horrible fighting style.

Spinks-The guy is just so f*cking boring.

How dare you sully the good name of the word "fighting" by putting Ruiz' name in the same sentence with it? Ridiculous!
The CEO
There's been many boxers I've hated throughout the years....these are the 4 I've hated the most....in no particular order...

1. Ray Leonard

2. Roy Jones Junior

3. Oscar De La Hoya

4. Ricky Hatton
STEVENSKI
PBF
Roid
Mundine

There is only one left to get carried on a stretcher & his time will come.
rusty_trombone
Margarito, Tarver, Margarito/Tarver
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Feb 27 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]380413[/snapback]
Corrales - I admired his heart but thought he was very overated and don't like the way he handled defeat!

Are you serious? I thought Chico handled defeat as well as anyone in the history of the sport. Always with class, never with excuses. If you don't like a fighter who begs the ring doctor to give him one more round when his lips are about to fall off, or begs his father to let him continue even when he's been dropped five times and is totally outclassed, then fights back tears in the post-fight interview while saying he was a champion who as such deserved the chance to leave the ring on his feet or on his back...then just what the hell kind of fighter do you like???

Fuck you made me pissed for a minute there.

Anyway, my top three most hated;
1) John Ruiz - Does this need explaining? Of course not.
2) Cory Spinks - The only fighter whose post-fight interviews are more entertaining than his fights themselves.
3) Vernon Forrest - I believe the most disrespectful fighter to his opponents I've ever seen.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 28 2008, 04:28 PM) [snapback]380503[/snapback]
I think it's because he carries on like a child. In the Casamayor fight, he carried on like a child, swearing and pouting. Nobody ever disputed that he has heart, but he carries on like a little kid when the fight is stopped. He did the same thing against Mayweather. I think we get it that he is pissed off the fight is stopped, and if it were up to him, he would continue. But he carries on like a child at times.

He wants to fight. Period. It's not just about having heart. He always believed he was going to pull it out. Tell me another fighter who ever handled defeat as well as Chico did after the Castillo rematch given the shady circumstances of that loss?

Winky Wright is a guy who doesn't handle defeat well. John Ruiz is another. Fags who run from the ring in protest. Or a guy like James Toney who gets stuck forever in denial. But not Diego Corrales. To single him out for that to me is mind boggling.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Feb 28 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]380510[/snapback]
He wants to fight. Period. It's not just about having heart. He always believed he was going to pull it out. Tell me another fighter who ever handled defeat as well as Chico did after the Castillo rematch given the shady circumstances of that loss?

Winky Wright is a guy who doesn't handle defeat well. John Ruiz is another. Fags who run from the ring in protest. Or a guy like James Toney who gets stuck forever in denial. But not Diego Corrales. To single him out for that to me is mind boggling.

Cosign! Chico was the epitome of class in defeat. (RIP)
buford54
Floyd - Really not much to go on...just don't like the guy. His willingness to jump to playing the bad guy just to make money indicates that it's all about the money and little else...and I don't like that.

Roy - Asshole. Wasted his years as undisputed champ fighting chumps. After getting knocked out, lays low and fights a meaningless money fight against Tito and is just as much of an ass today as he was before he got knocked out.

Tarver - Swore he would never do what Roy did, and did exactly what Roy did. Won fights against Roy, and because he was in a movie that only 15 people saw thinks that he is still the champ, even though he got dominated against Hopkins.
MarzB
Oscar Dela Hoya- Phony persona, inflated credentials

Wlad Klichksko- nice guy but too methodical, slow robotic style,

Bob Arum- I know we're talking about fighters but I can't stand the guy. Double talk a$$hole..

hardhead
I try not to "hate" or dislike too many guys and just try to enjoy all fighters and what they bring to the table but the guy that really irritates me the most by far is Joe Calzaghe, he's very good fighter with good skills but him(and his camp) always complaining and whining of no respect from the American fans gets very annoying, especially when that isn't really the case anymore.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JaRaNDa @ Feb 29 2008, 06:06 AM) [snapback]380576[/snapback]
Now, now there slim take a deep deep breath and go for a bit of a walk! I NEVER doubted the guys heart, because he had more than enough or his determination. As Fitz pointed out quite spot on to how I feel. I do feel he carried on like a lil kid after most his losses, whining, complaining, telling people to back off, I don't like the way he acted after defeated. Also I don't like the way his attitude coming into the ring all angry pounding his chest n gloves and stuff, I never liked the guy from the get go and felt he was quite over rated!!! I hope you have a better understanding!!

Don't tell me to take a walk around the block like I'm some kind of dog. You said something I strongly disagreed with, and I wanted that to come across in my response. No need for the sort of condescending crap you start your post with here.

Nevertheless, thank you for explaining yourself!!!! I have a better understanding of what you meant now!!!!!!!!!! It's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're OK I'm OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
streetlion1
QUOTE(hardhead @ Feb 28 2008, 10:21 PM) [snapback]380567[/snapback]
I try not to "hate" or dislike too many guys and just try to enjoy all fighters and what they bring to the table but the guy that really irritates me the most by far is Joe Calzaghe, he's very good fighter with good skills but him(and his camp) always complaining and whining of no respect from the American fans gets very annoying, especially when that isn't really the case anymore.

Yeah...he knows by now that people respect his skill...but Im not too high on him because he stayed in Wales and fought weak-lesser competition for the majority of his career. After B-Hop gives him this ass whoopin people will see why he was afraid to leave Wales!
mexi-cutioner
Vic Darchinyan-shitty technique, shitty attitude, s0o0o cocky and i just cant stand watching him fight i was so happy to see him get KTFO
Daniel Ponce De Leon- like Darchy, he has a hell of a punch but i still think hes overrated and fighting more skilled boxers(like Caballero and Penalosa) just reveals how bad of a boxer he actually is. His last few fights hv been so dull i really want him to lose his title
The heavyweight division-The division is no longer the epitome of the sport like it was in the past and i pretty much dont care for any1 in the division(except chagaev, cause hes in my fantasy pool lol) and i beleive that in order for boxing to regain its once bright successs it needs a saviour or saviours to rebuild this division into the talent pool it once possessed
elperitoboricua
Tarver- as cocky as the best ever and as good as the next guy. Also, he's delusional and pretends to be getho tough but really looks like the guy that got beat up all around.

Vic Darchinyan (or however it is spelled)- too much attitude too soon in his career for an averege boxer w/ power.

Floyd - strictly because of his avoidance of tough fights and the attitude he uses to justify it. He's a great athlete though.

Arthur Abraham I give him credit for going through with the fight against pantera but truth is he wanted to quit. Anyway, i really dislike him because he has enough talent to fight the best but chooses not to.

There's a couple of local kids i don't want to mention cause they could turn around if they grow up and mature (here in Puerto Rico)

Warlord
Cory Spinks - "Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Nobody never believed in me man!"

Antonio Tarver - "My face is my money maker."

Winky Wright - No famous or overly dumb quotes come to mind, just his lame-ass gangster talk, business-man walk fighting style bugs the shit out of me.
dbdbdb
Had to chime in on this topic

#1 Tarver - An over-rated club fighter who got very lucky one night.
#2 Forman - Something I just don't like about him. {Probally his fake personality}.
#3 Ruiz - No comment necessary

About Chico "RIP" he did have some bad moments in the ring after losses, but it was mainly because he always wanted to fight to the death. And, I can't fault a man\warrior for that!!! So IMHO, his actions after losses were understood and excused.

#4 DLH - Very good boxer, but believes he's god's gift to mexicans and the boxing world. Cocky, arrogant and vain.
Tha Docta
tarver, wright, sturm with john ruiz right behind them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.