Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: People need to stop bashing on Chris Byrd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Byrd Man
While there's not been any bashing (that I've seen) on this site, I've noticed that it seems to be very popular and chic to slam on Chris Byrd's career in boxing. I don't understand this. I get that he's not an all out brawler that is a threat to knock someone out at any moment, but the man should be respected for several reasons.

1. He regularly stepped in with people outweighing him by a LOT. He routinely gave up 20-30 pounds to fighters, and still more times than not came away with a win. He may not have knocked them out, he may not have been an "Exciting" fighter, but he won. When he stepped in against Wlad (twice) he gave up close to a thirty pounds (from memory I'm not sure the exact amount), and he never gave up. In fact his corner had to step in because he was getting his ass totally destroyed, and yet he refused to give up, and he would have kept on fighting, no matter what. And Ibeabuchi outweighed him by 40 pounds.

2. He never ducked ANYONE. The thing that usually happened would be fighters would duck HIM, because he was such a slick boxer that he would make the other guy miss so much that it would make them look stupid. It's this very reason that Evander Holyfield repeatedly refused to fight him, and only did so finally when he was at the point where no one else would fight him. And then Chris Byrd made him look stupid. Lennox Lewis gave up his belt rather than fight Chris Byrd. Now you can say that Lewis would have won, and maybe so, but we'll never know. A lot of fighters who are looked at with rose colored glasses, have tended to duck fighters when trying to get easy matches. Byrd never did this and he fought any and everyone that would sign to fight him, even going over to Germany repeatedly to fight when American fighters were hesitant to do so.

3. He's respectful to everyone he fights. he doesn't downtalk his opponents, he doesn't fake altercations in press conferences, he doesn't insult the manhood of those he's fighting. Before, and after the fights, he's very respectful of his opponents, unlike some of the more popular fighters out there.

4. His style is said to be "boring" and "unexciting" however, his style is what boxing is about. He's a "BOXER". There's various types of fighters out there, whether they're a boxer or a brawler or whatever. The man had some excellent boxing abilities and his speed is what separated him from the rest. In fact with the exception of Ike Ibeabuchi, Wlad (twice) and Povetkin, he beat everyone he stepped in the ring against. Say what you will about his level of competition but he faced everyone who would fight him. He fought all comers and never ducked ANYONE.

Another big knock on him is that people say he got a couple gift decisions. And the point is? I can name off a few boxers who got some gift decisions, with Oscar De La Hoya, Roy Jones Jr., and Julio Cesar Chavez off the top of my head, and those are going to go down as some of the best to ever lace them up.

Every boxer just about has been the beneficiary of some suspect decisions. It's just a part of Boxing, unfortunately.

But I see too many people talk shit about how he's overrated, or he's a blown up middleweight (which is ridiculous as hell) or whatever, and it's just crazy to hear that. The people that rip Byrd are the ones who don't seem to like actual technical fighting, they just want to see blood. They just want to see knockouts and they don't want to see someone use their skills to win the fight.

Also, couple more points. He fought John Sargent, who at 22-1 weighed 285 pounds when Byrd was 212. Byrd gave up 73 pounds, and still scored the KO in 2 rounds. Sargent isn't a world beater, but still.... a guy who can give up 72 pounds, and still get a knockout, when he's not known for having power, that's an accomplishment, no matter who it is.

And finally he held the IBF Heavyweight Title for FIVE FUCKING YEARS before he got beaten by Wladimir Klitchko the second time.

After winning the title from David Tua in August of 2001, he notched wins over fighters Evander Holyfield, Fres Oquendo, Andrew Golota, Jameel McCline, Davaryl Williamson and Jeff Pegues.

All of those (except for Pegues) are "name" guys that you recognize when hearing their names. They may not be top 5 guys or even top 10 guys, but they are ones that when you are faced with, it's your job to beat them, and Chris Byrd beat them. And the only reason those are the only fights he had, was because as I mentioned above, people wouldn't fight him. Plus he had Don King fucking him every which way but loose, and the vast majority of those fights, he fought without getting the money he was promised.

At this point he is 40-4-1 (21 KO's) and is currently rated #53 as of Boxrec.
BGv2.0
I have always liked and respected Byrd. I know he has a lot of detractors....but for a smaller man he accomplished a hell of a lot. I always liked his personality and myself never saw MOST of his fights as "boring"....sure he had a few that were less than steller...but at his size...I can't hold that against him too much.

That's why I would like to see him hang it up and stick with broadcasting....he's very good at it....and he has nothing left to prove. I think history will look back on him with respect for fighting a long list of quality opposition and winning most of those fights.
Byrd Man
I read that he might move down to cruiserweight. That might be interesting, but I don't think he should still go on in Heavyweight.
BGv2.0
CW might have been good for him a few years back....but I just think he's aged out. He does not use his legs like he once did..and losing to Povitkin just proved...he's got the desire...but is just a tad too slow and static....which is simply normal with age....I mean he's in his mid-30s...And the CW division has some serious talent....I just think he would be a VERY GOOD old man in a young man's division. Which might make for a few interesting matchups....but I don't see him really being a threat to own the division. Not at this age.
Byrd Man
I have a bunch of his fights on DVD. I'm going to try to get a complete set somewhere.
WolfishPromistah
"I think history will look back on him with respect for fighting a long list of quality opposition and winning most of those fights."

In the words of the preacher, at the end of the First Pavlik win over Taylor -- "AAAAAMENNNNNNNN!" [smile] Byrd is a little dude who does get respect from here. He truly took risks in battling within a division where folks could easily assume he'd lose against his "heavier" competition -- pun intended, but the fact that he won most times justifies giving a positive shout out for his accomplishments. His career at heavy is sort of like Roy Jones going up to fight Ruiz, wherein many actually thought Roy would in fact lose, not just could, because John was a bigger and stroger man in there. But like Roy, Chris B proved himself. And it was consistently on the level AS a heavy.
Al Hata
Chris Byrd hits like a bitch.

Also, did you forget this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4irMRyXFvQ...feature=related

BUM.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Feb 28 2008, 11:33 AM) [snapback]380453[/snapback]

BUM.

Oh that was brutal, no doubt. But 1. Ike was WAY heavier than Chris, outweighing him by about 40 pounds. And Byrd was winning that fight before that moment, if I'm remembering correct.

And who's your favorite fighter? Unless it's someone who's undefeated, they've all lost a fight.

Byrd actually BOXES which is something that seems to be rare these days. Everyone wants people to be all out brawlers, and ignore the actual boxing skills.

The only people that beat Byrd, with the exception of Povetkin, outweighed him by 30 pounds or more.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 28 2008, 11:50 AM) [snapback]380454[/snapback]
Oh that was brutal, no doubt. But 1. Ike was WAY heavier than Chris, outweighing him by about 40 pounds. And Byrd was winning that fight before that moment, if I'm remembering correct.

And who's your favorite fighter? Unless it's someone who's undefeated, they've all lost a fight.

Byrd actually BOXES which is something that seems to be rare these days. Everyone wants people to be all out brawlers, and ignore the actual boxing skills.

The only people that beat Byrd, with the exception of Povetkin, outweighed him by 30 pounds or more.

My favorite fighters is Floyd....but I do like fighters who have lost. I like Roy and he has suffered similar beat downs. As far as the only people beating Byrd haveoutweighed him by 30 lbs or more? Welcome to the heavyweight division, if you can't cut it , move to cruiser. I think Byrd at cruiser could have been something special. At heavy weight, hes just better than the average heavyweight in our era, which isn't saying much.
Big Slim Sweet
Agreed. I can't stand that some people around here were recently trying to defend John Ruiz without giving the same props to Byrd, who was a better fighter than Ruiz, fought and beat tougher competition and never had to cheat to do so.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Feb 28 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]380456[/snapback]
My favorite fighters is Floyd....but I do like fighters who have lost. I like Roy and he has suffered similar beat downs. As far as the only people beating Byrd haveoutweighed him by 30 lbs or more? Welcome to the heavyweight division, if you can't cut it , move to cruiser. I think Byrd at cruiser could have been something special. At heavy weight, hes just better than the average heavyweight in our era, which isn't saying much.

He fought at heavyweight, routinely stepping in against people outweighing him by as much as 40 pounds (one time it was 72) and he beat every fighter he faced except for three.

He held the IBF title for 5 years before losing to Wlad for the second time.

If he was an "average" fighter, that wouldn't have happened. And unlike some of your favorite fighters, he never ducked anyone, was never accused of ducking anyone, and went anywhere and everywhere to fight, even to the other fighter's backyard where he faced a massive disadvantage before even stepping into the ring.

He fought with honor and grace, and respectability, not sullying the sport of Boxing's name, unlike some of your favorite fighters.

You don't have to like Byrd, but to say he's an "average" heavyweight is an insult to everyone who recognizes otherwise.
BigG
Byrds alright but he should have lost to Golota...
Byrd Man
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Feb 28 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]380463[/snapback]
Byrds alright but he should have lost to Golota...

Yeah he definitely got some beneficial decisions, but as I said, so have a lot of other fighters.
Al Hata
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 28 2008, 12:16 PM) [snapback]380462[/snapback]
If he was an "average" fighter, that wouldn't have happened. And unlike some of your favorite fighters, he never ducked anyone, was never accused of ducking anyone, and went anywhere and everywhere to fight, even to the other fighter's backyard where he faced a massive disadvantage before even stepping into the ring.

Chris Byrd was AVERAGE and was never the #1 fighter in his class for any moment in history. The reason why I think he never ducked anybody and fought in other peoples back yards is because he didn't have the luxery that a TOP FIGHTER does. He was never recognized as THE MAN. If he was, then the fights would come to him. I'm not saying Floyd hasnt ducked anybody, but when you at the top, you choose whoever you want to fight. Chris went to Russia, because thats where the belts were. If you want it, you go get it. I never questioned his heart and desire, I'm questioning his weight, strength, chin and flat out fighting skills.
Big Slim Sweet
I actually scored Byrd-Golota a draw.

Oquendo was another story however.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Feb 28 2008, 12:25 PM) [snapback]380466[/snapback]
Chris Byrd was AVERAGE and was never the #1 fighter in his class for any moment in history. The reason why I think he never ducked anybody and fought in other peoples back yards is because he didn't have the luxery that a TOP FIGHTER does. He was never recognized as THE MAN. If he was, then the fights would come to him. I'm not saying Floyd hasnt ducked anybody, but when you at the top, you choose whoever you want to fight. Chris went to Russia, because thats where the belts were. If you want it, you go get it. I never questioned his heart and desire, I'm questioning his weight, strength, chin and flat out fighting skills.

Whether or not he had the luxury of picking his fights has no bearing on this. He fought anyone who would fight him. He put his name out there, and either people stepped up to fight him, or they bitched out and refused. Lennox Lewis gave up his belt to avoid fighting Chris Byrd. He was willing to fight anyone anywhere anytime, and you somehow find fault with that?

He was the IBF Champion for five years. That's a #1 rating, is it not? He wasn't a unified champion, but since Lewis wouldn't fight him and gave up his belt, and then once Lewis retired after refusing to fight Vitali again, then there still has not been a unified champ.

So let's recap.

1. He fought everyone who accepted his challenge.
2. He never ducked anyone. He never was challenged and refused to fight them.
3. He willingly went to other countries to fight, when other American fighters REFUSED to do so, and turned down fights because of that.
4. He was the IBF Belt holder for five years straight.

And you still find fault in all that and use that as basis for him not being a very good fighter? You say you question his "flat out fighting skills"?

The man had skills for days. He just didn't have massive knockout power. He still had 21 knockouts, which people tend to overlook. In fact the one thing that you can say about Byrd is that he had exceptional boxing skills.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Feb 28 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]380453[/snapback]

BUM.

The fact that Byrd was even on his feet, drool and all.....says a whole LOT about him. Most HWs eat those same shots....they aint getting up!

And the fact that he climbed in with both Klits and even beat one speaks volumes about his willingness to fight anybody.

I myself don't think BUM is a proper description of the guy. You might not like his style or his lack of a huge punch....but "Bums" either do not fight quality opposition OR they get beat by everyone they step in the ring with....and that is not the case with this guy's career.
Mean Mister Mustard
Byrd lacked the punch of a heavyweight but he more than made up for it with defense, chin and balls. The man made it for 10 years a top contender in the division and made it without a punch. That says wonders about him. No one is saying he was the #1 fighter in the world but you have to agree that with what he had, he made the most of it.
BGv2.0
Mustard....I hear you're into Murders and Executions?

Byrd Man
Mergers and Acquisitions? I have a friend that's into that
Mean Mister Mustard
Yes I am, I'm also into Phil Collins. Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 28 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]380504[/snapback]
I have only ever fallen a sleep once during a fight, and it was a Chris Byrd fight. I'm one of the few that find him more boring than Ruiz.

Was it Byrd-Williamson?
Byrd Man
Ironically Williamson's nickname is "touch of sleep" lol
BGv2.0
The Byrd/Williason "fight" was the ONLY Byrd fight....I recorded over. Those guys were like best buds....they have BBQ at each others homes, their families would hang out....

When you put two close buddies in there....they are not really going to try to kill each other. That's why people wanting a Klit/Klit match have no idea what they are asking for...because they would not even try.

NOW....you can get a close friendship AFTER a fight....that's what happened with Gatti and Ward...but BEFORE....nah. The trust and friendship and respect is already there....neither guy REALLY wants to hurt the other.

I knew that fight would suck when both were talking about how close they were prior to it.

BUT for me....that was Byrd's only TRUE stinker. I never disliked any of his other fights.

rusty_trombone
I'm just glad I don't have to watch that asshole anymore. Well, unless Wlad is pounding the ever living shit out of him again.
MarzB
I'm from Michigan (Detroit to be exact) and I've known of Chris since his days in the amateurs. I've always been a fan of him and his style. Whoever that poster is thats saying he was average, I have this question, "why didn't Lennox Lewis want to fight his average self if he was so average??"

At Chris best he made his opposition look literally silly (Tua and Holyfield come to mind). I love the fact that as a heavyweight because he didn't pack huge punching power he had to bring other tools to the party to win. He's definitely not the cup of tea if you're a blood and guts slugging type of guy. I have no problem in saying that he also had some duds of fights (see the Touch of Sleep fight) but there aren't too many boxers that haven't had those types of fights.

I think the issue thats occurring right now is that his reflexes have slowed and he can't pick off punches the way he used which was his primary advantage.

There is a fight that exist for him that I'd love to see and it's very makeable and that would be he and fellow Michgander James Toney getting it on.

I think they can still make that happen this year and even though both are past their primes, it would be a very good fight.

The CEO
Sorry, Byrd Man....I've never liked Byrd....or his wife for that matter...he's a nice guy and all, but I can't see how someone could consider him one of their favorite boxers ....unless they were his best friend or related to him.

The gift he got against Oquendo was sickening....
BrutalBodyShots
I think Byrd and McCline were buds too.

Byrd Man
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Feb 28 2008, 09:11 PM) [snapback]380552[/snapback]
Sorry, Byrd Man....I've never liked Byrd....or his wife for that matter...he's a nice guy and all, but I can't see how someone could consider him one of their favorite boxers ....unless they were his best friend or related to him.

The gift he got against Oquendo was sickening....

Unlike the De La Hoya gift against Sturm, right? or the outright travesty that was Meldrick Taylor/Chavez I?

We can go that route all day. Every name boxer just about has been the recipient of a gift decision, some of them outrageously so. Doesn't take away from a boxer's overall record and rep.
The CEO
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 29 2008, 12:56 AM) [snapback]380571[/snapback]
Unlike the De La Hoya gift against Sturm, right? or the outright travesty that was Meldrick Taylor/Chavez I?

We can go that route all day. Every name boxer just about has been the recipient of a gift decision, some of them outrageously so. Doesn't take away from a boxer's overall record and rep.

Well...I hate DLH...not just for that gift either...

and I never really liked Taylor OR Chavez for that matter either....I respected them...just like do Byrd...but none of them really appealed to me...but then again, I'm not the kind of guy that gets attached to ANY fighter in that way....I'll hate the fuck out of them...but you'll never see me hug a fighter to the point of where it'll disturb me if someone bashes them...

It's all preference...and you have to admit....Byrd's not the kind of boxer many would like as one of their favorites.......in fact...you're the only poster I've ever seen that sings his praises...laugh.gif...it's all good though...to each their own.
Byrd Man
Yeah I totally understand. He's not the brawler KO artist that a lot of people latch on to.

I don't pretend to understand it, i just always liked Byrd's style, and the way he carried himself. I've never liked the overly arrogant nature of a lot of boxers where they disrespect their opponents.
Byrd Man
Former IBF heavyweight champion Chris Byrd shocked Boxingtalk when he informed us that he will now join Bernard Hopkis, Antonio Tarver, Joe Calzaghe, Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson and Roy Jones Jr amongst the elite at light heavyweight. Byrd says he's walking around at 180 pounds right now and didn't do anything but run to lose the weight. "Light heavyweight is a very exciting division and I'm coming to bring more excitement. It's on now, so I want all of them to be put on notice!" Full interview with Byrd to follow Monday morning
buford54
I'm actually amped because another site is reporting that Byrd is moving to Light Heavy.
I think that really mixes up the division.
I would imagine he'll have a good deal more pop at LH and it would make for some really interesting technical match-ups.
I know that Byrd could be boring, depending on who he was fighting. But his skill level was such that he was always impressive to me.
Byrd Man
yeah I posted that piece right above your post...lol

It'll be interesting to see how he performs. There's definitely some bangers in Light Heavy though. I'll reserve judgement until I see him fight someone there.
Mean Mister Mustard
Can he make 175?
Southeastpaw
I don't think Byrd gets bashed. As you said, not here. But he does not get it nearly as bad as MANY other of the fighters in the sport. No matter who a guy likes, his fighter is going to get bashed. I was the biggest Jones and Tito fan, and they got/get bashed harshly. More harshly than Chris Byrd. Chris was alright. He showed he was definitely skilled, but I believe that people bashed him because he should not have been at heavyweight. Most people that watch heavyweights, and the sport, for the most part love the KO. Chris was not that guy, @ HW anyhow. You know if you watch a Byrd bout, if Chris isn't getting stopped, it's gunna be a long night. I would have loved to had seen him @ CW. He would have been something special there. But then again, maybe that is why Chris liked it at HW. Chris stated on many occasions that he loved fighting the BIG guys. I believe this for the most part because he could exploit a big man's deficiencies in speed and make them look bad. I believe that he would not have looked as flashy at CW, but still would have been the force at that weight and would have been KOing people as well. When it comes down to it, he brought the critisism that he received on all himself. NOt that he really gets much anyhow.
Southeastpaw
Former IBF heavyweight champion Chris Byrd shocked Boxingtalk when he informed us that he will now join Bernard Hopkis, Antonio Tarver, Joe Calzaghe, Chad Dawson, Glen Johnson and Roy Jones Jr amongst the elite at light heavyweight. Byrd says he's walking around at 180 pounds right now and didn't do anything but run to lose the weight. "Light heavyweight is a very exciting division and I'm coming to bring more excitement. It's on now, so I want all of them to be put on notice!" Full interview with Byrd to follow Monday morning

Now that's what I'm talkin about. If only this would have happened 10 years ago.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 29 2008, 09:25 AM) [snapback]380594[/snapback]
Can he make 175?

Apparently so....he says he's walking around at 180 right now just by dieting and running everyday. If this is so, he can dehydrate down to 175 no problem....never been a lover or hater of Byrd, but I think he can make some noise at 175, old or not.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Feb 29 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]380615[/snapback]
Apparently so....he says he's walking around at 180 right now just by dieting and running everyday. If this is so, he can dehydrate down to 175 no problem....never been a lover or hater of Byrd, but I think he can make some noise at 175, old or not.

Agreed. If Byrd can make 175 and fight @ that weight for 12 hard rounds then the LHW division needs to be put on notice...
buford54
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 29 2008, 09:19 AM) [snapback]380588[/snapback]
yeah I posted that piece right above your post...lol

It'll be interesting to see how he performs. There's definitely some bangers in Light Heavy though. I'll reserve judgement until I see him fight someone there.

I don't seem him getting hurt too bad at LH.
I think he'll be quicker, faster and have more pop on his punches at the lighter weight. He was able to absorb shots by guys who punched exponentially harder at HW than anyone he'll face at LH.
Obviously he's been out of the ring for a while, but if he hasn't gotten too old, I think he could own that division.
Byrd Man
I wonder how long before we have an announcement of a fight for Byrd at LH

Big Slim Sweet
Byrd's speed is nowhere near what it used to be. Like someone else here said in this thread, 10 years ago this would have been a great move. Now, I'd imagine Byrd to actually be on the slow side for a light heavy. And he still won't be any real threat as a banger. I don't think he can hang with Chad Dawson at this point. And the old guys aren't going to be looking his way for all the same reasons as before - he doesn't bring much financially to the table.

IMO, the only fight out there for Chris at this point that makes sense is a bout in Michigan against James Toney. After that, win or lose, he should get into broadcasting. He'd make a much better color commentator than Lennox Lewis, though I don't expect HBO to show him any more love post career than they ever have during.
Byrd Man
*Larry David Voice* Why's the BLACK MAN gotta be a COLOR commentator?

biggrin.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
If he is able to make 175, won't that leave him drained by fight night?
Warlord
Not being a smartass here, but I wasn't aware that anyone was bashing Chris Byrd on these forums. In fact, no one here really even mentions Chris Byrd except for you, Byrd Man. And again, I'm not being a smartass at all, so please don't take it that way. But seriously, if you want to make a topic about Chris Byrd, then by all means, do it. Make a "Chris Byrd Appreciation Thread." But don't do it under the guise that people here are "bashing" him. Because they aren't.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 1 2008, 09:35 PM) [snapback]380849[/snapback]
Not being a smartass here, but I wasn't aware that anyone was bashing Chris Byrd on these forums. In fact, no one here really even mentions Chris Byrd except for you, Byrd Man. And again, I'm not being a smartass at all, so please don't take it that way. But seriously, if you want to make a topic about Chris Byrd, then by all means, do it. Make a "Chris Byrd Appreciation Thread." But don't do it under the guise that people here are "bashing" him. Because they aren't.

perhaps you should re-read my 1st post

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Feb 28 2008, 01:23 AM) [snapback]380434[/snapback]
While there's not been any bashing (that I've seen) on this site, I've noticed that it seems to be very popular and chic to slam on Chris Byrd's career in boxing. I don't understand this.

BigG
Heres my take on Chirs Byrd...

He was a pretty good fighter...nothing more..nothing less IMO. Respect him for taking on many challenges but his title regin was pretty unimpressive. He did do very good vs. David Tua and Holyfield. And he had some pretty nice skills...now he's past his prime and I honestly have no idea how he does at LHW. He'll be challenging smaller guys, but more skillfull/quicker ones ala Chad Dawson...
Warlord
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Mar 1 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]380866[/snapback]
perhaps you should re-read my 1st post

Well that says it all then, doesn't it? I can't even bring myself to read one or two sentences regarding Chris Byrd, let alone take the time to make a post bashing him. laugh.gif

Seriously though, if no one at fighthype is bashing Chris, why take the time to make a post on the subject then? Make this topic at the websites you see who do bash him. Maybe here you could make that "Chris Byrd appreciation thread" and see what kind of traffic it gets.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 1 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]380870[/snapback]
Well that says it all then, doesn't it? I can't even bring myself to read one or two sentences regarding Chris Byrd, let alone take the time to make a post bashing him. laugh.gif

Seriously though, if no one at fighthype is bashing Chris, why take the time to make a post on the subject then? Make this topic at the websites you see who do bash him. Maybe here you could make that "Chris Byrd appreciation thread" and see what kind of traffic it gets.

Please forgive my wasting your time, oh wise one. I apologize for bringing the forum down to the gutter with my Chris Byrd talk.

More Floyd don't like his daddy talk, and more DLH is a bum talk!
Warlord
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Mar 1 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]380881[/snapback]
Please forgive my wasting your time, oh wise one. I apologize for bringing the forum down to the gutter with my Chris Byrd talk.

More Floyd don't like his daddy talk, and more DLH is a bum talk!

Byrd Man, again, I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I thought I made that clear. This "you hurt my feelings" internet bullshit is getting way out of hand around these forums. My only suggestion was that you think about making a legitimate Chris Byrd thread to talk about Chris Byrd. Instead, you create what is, in your mind, a provocative title trying to draw in posters, as if though anyone here were wasting their time to bash Chris Byrd.

Again, no one here gives two shits about Chris Byrd. He's not a hot topic. That doesn't mean you as a poster don't have a right to make a topic about your favorite fighter. You do. So use that right. Just don't try to make one topic under the guise of another, because no one here is bashing your boy. Just say you like Byrd and be done with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.