STEVENSKI

Mean ass parents
ElectricTwinkie
When I say "Get a haircut!" I mean, "Get a haircut!!"
BigG
LMAO!!!! That is so fucked up!
BGv2.0
clapping.gif

I like it! More kids today need that. Far too many kids do not get a full grasp on dissapointment early in life. This child is well on his way to becoming a sad American adult.

The empty X-Box container will simply be his first step in the car that breaks down, the slut that cheated on him, the asshole suckup at work that got the promotion...etc. etc.

Either that....or he will be asking somebody to "put the lotion in the basket"
STEVENSKI
Damm I mean what did he think that he would get a 360? His parents cannot afford to get him a haircut let alone a 360.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Feb 29 2008, 05:38 PM) [snapback]380683[/snapback]
clapping.gif

I like it! More kids today need that. Far too many kids do not get a full grasp on dissapointment early in life. This child is well on his way to becoming a sad American adult.

The empty X-Box container will simply be his first step in the car that breaks down, the slut that cheated on him, the asshole suckup at work that got the promotion...etc. etc.

Either that....or he will be asking somebody to "put the lotion in the basket"

lol

While he was crying, they should've smacked him round the back of the head and not fed him for a week.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Feb 29 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]380687[/snapback]
That's bullshit and it does nothing. All it is, is humiliating a young boy for no apparent reason. It wasn't done to try teach him a lesson in life, they recorded it and laughed right in his face. Now it is on the internet for everyone to see. That's pretty much psychologically abusing a child.
Yep, humiliate him, laugh in his face and put the video on the internet for the world to see. Sounds like a great way to raise a kid.

Oh for crying out loud....are you telling me your cousins and brothers and what not never played cruel jokes on you growing up?

If so count yourself lucky and in the minority.

I worked for Texas CPS....and there is no "abuse" here. The only different aspect today is the internet aspect, that allows the world to enjoy the prank.

And who is to say what happened after the camera was shut off....maybe he got the almighty 360!

Dissapointment and ridacule and being the bad end of jokes....are all part of growing up. If it was not for you....you are very lucky indeed.
BigG
The kid is probably just gonna laugh it off when he gets older...
BigG
Thats definitely a very asshole-like thing to do though....
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 2 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]380978[/snapback]
Judging by his parents. He is going to have a lot more problems to worry about than looking back at an old embarrassing youtube video.

True.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 2 2008, 04:01 AM) [snapback]380962[/snapback]
No, nobody ever humiliated me as a 7 year old, made me cry, laughed at me, recorded it and put it on the internet. My parents are adults.

Was the internet around when you were 7?

Count yourself lucky then. Most of my friends growing up...and myself cannot say the same. We were always picked on and ridaculed, by older cousins and brothers. AND...had the internet been around then...I know they would have posted it.

Now I agree my parents never did anything like that to me. But I still say you seem to be taking this a little too seriously. Where do you think they got a 360 box? I would not be surprised at all if after the camera was shut off the kid got the console.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 2 2008, 04:24 PM) [snapback]381041[/snapback]
Well, they wouldn't have sent it in to Funniest Home Video or something.

I don't think they got him shit, from what I heard, they borrowed the empty box from a neighbour. It seems like people who saw the video have gone out of their way to get him a 360 or something according to this link http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/29/worst-p...he-got-an-xbox/

Well then...he's most likely got 10 now and a few PS3's as well and all is now right with the world. He can set and rot in his room like all well raised American youth.
Mino
There is nothing funny about that and anyone who thinks its funny is an asshole, and asshole I hope that doesnt have or plan on having kids
ElectricTwinkie
Apparently the back story is, the kid was told not to look for/open the presents early... and he peeked.

Now how does that change the situation all you "perfect" parents out there in hype-land. Is is still "too cruel" and does it still "mess the 7yr old up?"
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ Mar 3 2008, 03:37 AM) [snapback]381078[/snapback]
There is nothing funny about that and anyone who thinks its funny is an asshole, and asshole I hope that doesnt have or plan on having kids

GUILTY!!!!! I'm an asshole.... thumbsup_anim.gif

Yeah....because I think the shit was funny....I should not spawn.....because we all know denying a kid an over priced electronic console is SO on the level of burning them with ciggerettes. rolleyes.gif

You and Fitz should get together and discuss raising children that never learn dissapointment, and grow up never once being on the bad end of jokes and pranks....

If you guys really see this as some huge terrible thing.....I really feel sorry for your kids, because you must raise them in some plastic bubble that never allows negativity in. If you really view this as an awful, terrible occurance....your kids will lead the sheltered lives that will not give them a true sense of just how rotten the world around them can be.

Mino
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 3 2008, 12:25 PM) [snapback]381118[/snapback]
GUILTY!!!!! I'm an asshole.... thumbsup_anim.gif

Yeah....because I think the shit was funny....I should not spawn.....because we all know denying a kid an over priced electronic console is SO on the level of burning them with ciggerettes. rolleyes.gif

You and Fitz should get together and discuss raising children that never learn dissapointment, and grow up never once being on the bad end of jokes and pranks....
If you guys really see this as some huge terrible thing.....I really feel sorry for your kids, because you must raise them in some plastic bubble that never allows negativity in. If you really view this as an awful, terrible occurance....your kids will lead the sheltered lives that will not give them a true sense of just how rotten the world around them can be.

R u fucking serious?? There is a difference in not buying a kid something that expensive beaceause either u cant afford it or, they dont deserve it...no prob..but to sit there and play with the kids emotions make him think he did get it as a gift only to play a joke on him then laugh in his face is just cruel, and something that parents who love theirchild would never do..I understand jokes and joke with mu kids all the time but that is no joke and far from funny
ElectricTwinkie
Kids are needy, whiney little disease ridden money magnets. I sold all of my children into slavery long ago. A pretty good money making scheme, but you have to find the right mother. Usually, crack-whores make the best ones because of thier limited "shelf-life" and lack of motivation to do anything but smoke crack.

I know nothing of these Xboxes though...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 3 2008, 08:08 PM) [snapback]381146[/snapback]
I don't know where you are getting the idea that I would raise them in a plastic bubble. I just wouldn't humiliate them and be a cunt. You are the one that is looking at some idiots that are unfortunately parents and somehow, making yourself believe by them being pricks, it's them teach there kids a valuable lesson.
Believe me, if you were to ask 100 people, I'm sure the majority would probably feel sorry for the way you raise your kids (if it's anything like this) over the way I would raise mine.

Well....your type makes it look like you are rocking yourself to sleep at night over a stupid prank.

I admit...sometimes over a message board type often looks like soemthing OTHER than what it is. Just like you seem to think I'm getting a huge kick out of of the situation....when in actuality...I could not give 3 shits for the kid, his video game plight, his electric socket hairdo, or his dipshit parents.

All I'm saying is....kids today all too often do not experiance dissapointment or ridacule....which IMHO are very important things to experiance....I myself would not as a parent do this....BUT....I do not see it as the damaging child abuse you seem to think it is.

And I'm sure you are right....100 parents would feel sorry....because I will not blow smoke up my kids ass to make him believe that he or she lives in a world where you get all you want and dissapontment and ridacule do not exist. My kid would get that console if they did enough shit around the house....then they would not be sniffling at a bad prank on Christmas...because they got what they wanted on their own. AND...even with the bad joke....knowing my family, my kid would be hard assed enough not to cry...but to call everyone an asshole and be motovated enough to make us all eat shit by getting it themselves.

I work with children in relation to my job....and day after day I see kid after kid that has gotten every single thing they want for every single Christmas....and believe me....it's not made them better in any way...as a matter of fact they are MUCH worse off for it.

I have a buddy that got the USS Flag on Christmas one year.....remember that? The GIANT 10 foot aircraft carrier for GI Joe that EVERY kid wanted. Well.....he got it, they put it together....his parents then said...it's too big, boxed it up and took it back to Wal-Mart the day after. Now, this guy has never forgotten this....it made an impression....but it also made him realize that he is the only person he can truly count on....so as he got older....he bought that fucker himself.

I'm just saying....I don't see it as abuse in any way....when harnessed correctly, it can be very motovational.
Mino
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 4 2008, 01:49 AM) [snapback]381171[/snapback]
Well....your type makes it look like you are rocking yourself to sleep at night over a stupid prank.

I admit...sometimes over a message board type often looks like soemthing OTHER than what it is. Just like you seem to think I'm getting a huge kick out of of the situation....when in actuality...I could not give 3 shits for the kid, his video game plight, his electric socket hairdo, or his dipshit parents.

All I'm saying is....kids today all too often do not experiance dissapointment or ridacule....which IMHO are very important things to experiance....I myself would not as a parent do this....BUT....I do not see it as the damaging child abuse you seem to think it is.

And I'm sure you are right....100 parents would feel sorry....because I will not blow smoke up my kids ass to make him believe that he or she lives in a world where you get all you want and dissapontment and ridacule do not exist. My kid would get that console if they did enough shit around the house....then they would not be sniffling at a bad prank on Christmas...because they got what they wanted on their own. AND...even with the bad joke....knowing my family, my kid would be hard assed enough not to cry...but to call everyone an asshole and be motovated enough to make us all eat shit by getting it themselves.

I work with children in relation to my job....and day after day I see kid after kid that has gotten every single thing they want for every single Christmas....and believe me....it's not made them better in any way...as a matter of fact they are MUCH worse off for it.
I have a buddy that got the USS Flag on Christmas one year.....remember that? The GIANT 10 foot aircraft carrier for GI Joe that EVERY kid wanted. Well.....he got it, they put it together....his parents then said...it's too big, boxed it up and took it back to Wal-Mart the day after. Now, this guy has never forgotten this....it made an impression....but it also made him realize that he is the only person he can truly count on....so as he got older....he bought that fucker himself.

I'm just saying....I don't see it as abuse in any way....when harnessed correctly, it can be very motovational.

Disappointmant and ridicule do exist and most kids go thru it, and its a part of life we all get it, but its your job as a parent to protect your kids and not be the cause of the harm that they go thru
ROLL DEEP
You don't wrap your kids in cotton wool and never let them have the pissed took out of them or made fun of.....because that builds character, but filming that then putting it on the web is a little weird.

Why would you want to do that to your child? There are much more mature and better ways of educating that kid.

Still, a funny video to watch....
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ Mar 4 2008, 03:20 AM) [snapback]381174[/snapback]
Disappointmant and ridicule do exist and most kids go thru it, and its a part of life we all get it, but its your job as a parent to protect your kids and not be the cause of the harm that they go thru

I just don't see this instance as "harm".....

Is it an example of a mean prank....sure. Moronic Parents....wihout doubt. But actual "harm" or "abuse".....no way.

It just seems like some folks on here almost line up this kids plight with actual abuse....and it's not.

ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:20 PM) [snapback]381201[/snapback]
It just seems like some folks on here almost line up this kids plight with actual abuse....and it's not.

I for one, am starting an action group. We are demanding that legislation be passed that in times of Christmas, if you give a gift, that gift had better be of equal or greater value than the picture on the box. We're tired of a generation of dissapointed children *cough* on the internet now *cough*.

We're tired of taking responisbility for our bad parenting.
We're tired of making schools do our jobs for us!
We're tired of having candy in the aisles of our supermarkets, forcing us to buy our children candy because thier whining is just soooo heart wrenching.
We're going to picket all major retailers until Congress gives in.
We're going to love our children and make them the most spoiled little monsters on the planet... and then we'll be satisfied.

If you don't beleive in sarcasm, send me a PM with a self addressed stamped envelope, I'll send a box right over
BGv2.0
"We're going to love our children and make them the most spoiled little monsters on the planet... and then we'll be satisfied."

We are getting there!

Come to think of it...I remember getting clothes in boxes that were not what I thought they were...

Have you ever noticed gone are the days of a teenage kid actually busting their ass over the summer at shitty jobs to buy a POS car.....that shit built strong individuals.

Nowadays.....every kid either has a nice shiny brand new Mustang given to them completley paid for by parents OR they don't even bother to get a car due to being quite happy being locked in their room on the PC.

I read a story the other day about how 54% of American kids @ 16 no longer get their license. With some legit reasons such as price of gas and isurance being listed....the other reason was, because they enjoy talking to their friends on-line....they don't need to drive anywhere to talk to them.

I remember when we used to bake in front of the tv playing Nintendo....after a few hours...my mom would walk in, hit the power button and tell us to get the hell outside and do something.....sure we were pissed for 5 minutes or so....but always ended up finding something else to do outside with our other friends.....too many parents don't do that today.

I just think this whole idea to coddle and give kids everything they want is creating disillusioned adults. I know a girl that has her BS and works a full time job....but mom and dad STILL pay her car note and apartment note.

And with my job....I'm seeing it more and more.

I have some parents tell me..."I can't do anything with this kid....you fix em". So I asked what they have tried.....who pays the cell phone bill...."I do".....who pays for internet...."Me"......will have you ever told the kid to jump in a F"N lake.....stopped paying for all that shit and let him go a few months without it? ....."No".

rolleyes.gif

They live under the false imprsssion that if their kid does not have a cell phone, they are not good parents....or that if they deny their kid access to the PC....their education will suffer....

Parents have to have more sense and the willingness to use the power they have to mold kids into self sufficiant adults.

ElectricTwinkie
Amen brother v2.0, it is because of the above post, you are enemy #1 of my new action group. tongue.gif

Come to think of it, I have known several teenage runaways that are more self-sufficent than the so called "well rounded" kids of today. Just look at White Buffalo: his mother abandoned him and left him for dead in the plains of Kansas. Yet survive he did off of grass and oats, until he found the internet. Now he is a productive member of our e-society. Granted don't ever crack a whip near him, he flips out. But other than that he's perfectly normal!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Mar 4 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]381237[/snapback]
Just look at White Buffalo: his mother abandoned him and left him for dead in the plains of Kansas. Yet survive he did off of grass and oats, until he found the internet. Now he is a productive member of our e-society.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.