Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tyson-Holyfield III...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Holyfield said he'd do it if the price I was right..

I know this is a joke...but the Heavyweight division is absolutely the most pathetic division in boxing...

but Tyson throws bombs for 2-3 rounds before gassing and well, if he un-retired, he might still be one of the most exciting Heavyweights out there...LOL..I'd watch it.

I can only see 1 result and thats Holyfield by TKO sometime between 4-6..but man it would probably be a war while it lasts.
Mean Mister Mustard
Maybe Tyson would return if the money was right but come fight night he would have only trained for 4 days. An out of shape Tyson still loses to an old Holyfield. Wouldn't surprise me if people paid for this fight, particularly you Big G. You'd probably pay 45$ to watch Tyson hit the speed bag and an extra 20 to see Zab doing commentary.

"Mike is really hittin that bag, naw wat I'm saying?"
BigG
LOL...to my credit, I didn't pay for Tyson's exhibition against 1 eyed T-Rex Sanders.
torvix2000
I'd pay for this fight if hugging is extremely prohibited. They can both bite one another, though. thumbsup_anim.gif
BoxingStill#1

This is truely sad to admit to.......it would be entertaining to watch.
rusty_trombone
Winner fights Kimbo Slice?
BGv2.0
I love HW fights....and I'm a huge Holyfield fan....but the idea of a third fight between these two at this age is not interesting in the least bit.

For one thing....there is zero need for it....Holyfield won both fights. So it's not like there was a huge ? hanging over the second fight.

Also...Tyson's total inactivity brings nothing to the table.....people can say what they want about Holyfield's current ability....but at the very least he's gone a full 12 with a very young top 5 HW "Champion" and suffered little to no damage during the course of it.

This match would be about $$$$ ONLY.....neither guy SHOULD earn a HW title shot based on the sole outcome of this match. NOW...maybe this fight, and 2-3 decent named fighters.....maybe....but not off of only this one.

For me....the fight means nothing.

I'd much rather see Holyfield get a shot at one last title with one of the lesser "Champs"....like Raslan or Oleg (should he get the upset with Peter).
Southeastpaw
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is pathetic!!!
BigG
BG, Tyson is still Tyson....always entertaining...you're saying you wouldn't be interested now...wait til' the day before the fight. thumbsup_anim.gif
Jack 1000
The fact that this fight is even being rumored shows how sad the current heavyweight division really is.

Jack
BGv2.0
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 2 2008, 02:07 AM) [snapback]380948[/snapback]
BG, Tyson is still Tyson....always entertaining...you're saying you wouldn't be interested now...wait til' the day before the fight. thumbsup_anim.gif

Tyson is not still Tyson....Tyson was stopped in his last two outings by bums a few YEARS ago and has not trained for shit....and is older.

I would not buy this fight. I may check out a RBR on here....and a free replay...but I would not buy it.
BrutalBodyShots
Holyfield over Tyson at any point in their careers.

I don't care if we're talking 1990, 1996, 2002, 2008 etc.

kidbazooka1
I agree even though it would be pathetic it would still be the most exciting fight in the HW divison.
Yucayeke
Sad Sad Sad, but strangely I am sure that I will find the fight online and watch it.

No way I would buy this PPV
JD
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 2 2008, 01:56 AM) [snapback]380959[/snapback]

Agreed...
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 2 2008, 12:56 AM) [snapback]380959[/snapback]

96' and on yeah...but the Iron Mike of old was too much of a beast! That is why everyone and thier momma was turning down offers to fight him back then.

- If this fight between Tyson-Holyfield took place now..I would watch it. They would have to put it at a discounted price on ppv...say maybe 30$ or so. Not because I would expect a good fight but because they are 2 of my favorite heavywieghts of all time. Mike will always be unpredictable and entertaining.
D-MARV
The worst part of this fight is that the winner would be in line for a title fight!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 2 2008, 02:01 AM) [snapback]380944[/snapback]
I'd much rather see Holyfield get a shot at one last title with one of the lesser "Champs"

Didn't he just get that with Sultan?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 2 2008, 02:18 PM) [snapback]381027[/snapback]
Didn't he just get that with Sultan?

Yes...but Sultan actually boxed. And...even if he had won, it was the WBO...I really question if people would have given his 5 time HW champion tag actual credit. At his age, he needs a guy that will sit and bang with him, if he is to have any chance...I think Raslan would give him opportunitites....and so would Peter. For sure Oleg with his slower reflexes should he get the upset.

Although his idea of being Unified champ is completley not attainable IMHO....I do think he may still have enough to snag 1 belt for a record that would be very hard to beat.

For me...I'd rather see him get that shot....boring or not....than see a meaningless third fight with Tyson, at advanced ages, that really means nothing.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Mar 2 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]381032[/snapback]
For me...I'd rather see him get that shot....boring or not....than see a meaningless third fight with Tyson, at advanced ages, that really means nothing.

Evander Holyfield was my favorite fighter of all time, but I don't want to see him get any more shots. I absolutely hate the fact that he's still fighting.
Southeastpaw
This is a pick of joeminn from the other night when he was at the bar entertaining his friends. You guys remember the night. When he said that his friends were laughing at our posts. Now it all makes sense.

BigG
Well yeah Evander beats Tyson.

Evander Holyfield turns into Evander Ruiz when he faces Mike.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 2 2008, 09:42 PM) [snapback]381061[/snapback]

Proof that all Ginger kids should be put out of our misery! threaten.gif
AfroLatino
Mike Tyson is no longer a proffessional prize fighter, we've seen evidence of that in his latest pics around the web. He's a fat bitch and should never been seen in a boxing ring again, not unless he's being awarded some type of accolade, otherwise its an insult to myself and others that love the sport. Don't do it Mike! Don't embarass yourself anymore than you have already.
Col Reb
The next bit of news will be that Billy Blanks has signed to train Tyson!
Romulus9
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Mar 15 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]382540[/snapback]
The next bit of news will be that Billy Blanks has signed to train Tyson!

And his chief second will be...

[spoiler]RICHARD SIMMONS![/spoiler]
Tha Docta
the man hasnt been serious about fighting in over a decade. he admits that his heart wasnt in the sport for a long time. since before he went to jail. tommy brooks said tyson trained 2 weeks for his first fight with holyfield.

butterbean or tank abbott could beat tyson in a boxing match right now.

i do wish tyson would get into commentation though. he cant possibly be any worse that steward or lennox.
Boxingjunkie
It is sad that we are even talking about this, but like everyone knows the heavys suck right now and this would be an entertaining fight for as long as it lasts. I would definitly watch it.

Boxingjunkie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.