Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mark Coleman to fight Brock Lesner
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > MMA Leagues
Southeastpaw
It's on!!!!!!!!
Southeastpaw
So.......Mark "should" win this fight...........right guys? I mean the man did beat Shogun 2 years ago. And especially with his experience. There should be no way Lesnar should stand a chance with him.........right?
TheWhiteBuffalo
My first observation is....wow.....damn Mark looks O-L-D!

I remember back in the day watching "The Hammer" destroy his opponents with the original "ground-n-pound". The guy is super strong, but not Brock Lesner strong. Being that Coleman has great wrestling ability and is a very strong guy, this fight is very exciting.

We must keep in mind that while Lesner is an excellent wrestler, the whole ground-n-pound is new to him. It would not surprise me one bit to see Coleman win this one. The UFC is definitely rushing Lesner, and that is too bad. They should have brought this guy into the UFC "Kimbo style". Give Lesner a handful of chumps to beat on and then make it a huge PPV. Throwing him in with Mir was a huge mistake, and giving him a shot against an experienced veteran might also be a bad move.
TheWhiteBuffalo
P.S- Southeastpaw - wrong forum. drinks.gif
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 2 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]381010[/snapback]
P.S- Southeastpaw - wrong forum. drinks.gif

pardon.gif It was late.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 2 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]381008[/snapback]
My first observation is....wow.....damn Mark looks O-L-D!

I remember back in the day watching "The Hammer" destroy his opponents with the original "ground-n-pound". The guy is super strong, but not Brock Lesner strong. Being that Coleman has great wrestling ability and is a very strong guy, this fight is very exciting.

We must keep in mind that while Lesner is an excellent wrestler, the whole ground-n-pound is new to him. It would not surprise me one bit to see Coleman win this one. The UFC is definitely rushing Lesner, and that is too bad. They should have brought this guy into the UFC "Kimbo style". Give Lesner a handful of chumps to beat on and then make it a huge PPV. Throwing him in with Mir was a huge mistake, and giving him a shot against an experienced veteran might also be a bad move.

This ought to be an interesting one. I'm glad to hear you say that this is an exciting fight instead of Lesnar should not be near the same ring as a Coleman. But I agree that they are really throwing Lesnar in with some stiff comp. for his first couple fights. Maybe Dana doesn't like Lesnar or something. They really should be bringin him through like Kimbo is being brought up.
Warlord
I can see Coleman ground-and-pound his way to a boring UD win like he used to do in the old days, and I can also see Brock steam-rolling Coleman should Mark find his takedown attempts getting stuffed regularly.

Not taking into account who is on the better roids, and who is the first to fail or pass their respective drug tests, I lean towards Coleman grinding out a decision over Lesnar. But, in the end, who really gives a shit? Coleman is still washed up if he wins, Brock is still a farce if he wins. So whatever.
ElectricTwinkie
What is this trend of giving old "stars" the opportunity to "show" the world by giving them hype fighters? Kimbo...lesnar...etc.
ElectricTwinkie
What is this trend of giving old "stars" the opportunity to "show" the world by giving them hype fighters? Kimbo...lesnar...etc.
rusty_trombone
Wasn't Marc Coleman like addicted to pain killers for years? Cause he went to Japan and started losing? Or is that some other Mark?

And isn't he like 45 years old?
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 3 2008, 09:22 PM) [snapback]381157[/snapback]
Wasn't Marc Coleman like addicted to pain killers for years? Cause he went to Japan and started losing? Or is that some other Mark?

Don't know, and yes-he is well past the age of the average "old" fighter in MMA. Gives me hope, that one day I can become addicted to painkillers and then go on to get my ass beaten on television.
TheWhiteBuffalo

I think that your thinking of Mark Kerr? There was a documentary about him called "Smashing Machine" on DVD.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Mar 4 2008, 09:17 AM) [snapback]381186[/snapback]
Don't know, and yes-he is well past the age of the average "old" fighter in MMA. Gives me hope, that one day I can become addicted to painkillers and then go on to get my ass beaten on television.

We share the same dream
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Mar 4 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]381196[/snapback]
I think that your thinking of Mark Kerr? There was a documentary about him called "Smashing Machine" on DVD.

yeah, i saw that documentary on HBO, he was a big tool
Warlord

Mark Kerr. He once knocked himself out cold while fighting in Japan.

That is all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.