Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rampage Jackson vs Forrest Griffin on July 5th!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
TheWhiteBuffalo
Wow....this is the fight that I really want to see! It is signed and ready to go. Anytime Forrest enters the octagon, you know that your going to see a war win or lose.

I do not think that Forrest has what it takes to beat Rampage, but he will definitely go out with a fight.

Here is the article:

Just two weeks after "The Ultimate Fighter 7" season finale takes place, UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson (28-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Forrest Griffin (15-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) -- the show's two coaches -- will headline a UFC 86 event in Las Vegas.

The report comes from Dave Meltzer's print edition of the Wrestling Observer.

As of today, though, the date hasn't officially been approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. However, an NSAC representative today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that it's not uncommon for the UFC to announce a date that hasn't been scheduled with the commission -- especially when it's four months away.

Back in December UFC president Dana White announced that Jackson and Griffin would serve as coaches on "TUF 7," which is currently filming in Las Vegas, and would then headline a major UFC event.

Jackson, who debuted in the UFC with a win over Marvin Eastman in February 2007, defeated Chuck Liddell three months later to win the light heavyweight championship. His first title defense was a successful one as he defeated Dan Henderson via unanimous decision at September's UFC 75 event.

Griffin, the light heavyweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 1," secured his title shot with an upset victory over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in September. The submission victory pushed his UFC record to 6-2, which has included victories over Stephan Bonnar (twice), Bill Mahood, Elvis Sinosic and Hector Ramirez.
ElectricTwinkie
First off, I must have been spending too much time at the Twinkie plant because I had no idea he was a coach on TUF... sheesh, he really hit the big time.

Unfortunately I don't think Forrest "I bought a comb with my UFC contract money but lost it" Griffin can stand up with Rampage "These chains are real foo!" Jackson. On the ground? I'd like to see it stay 5 rounds of ground fighting. Perhaps one will employ the 'blanket' strategy?
Hodge
I like this match up, but I think if Keith Jardine could pummel Forrest the way that he did, then Quinton can to. As for wrestling, if Dan Henderson (albeit not as strong as Forrest) could not do anything, I don't forsee Forrest doing the same. Rampage by KO strikes.
AussieLad
Is the universe trying to tell rampage something?

He's not doing too well in the ultimate fighter as a coach it seems, and even when its a flip of a coin to determine which of forrests team he will be cornering, his guys still lose. Its like he has the touch of death LOL

Still, rampage coaching and rampage fighting are two different things
Bill The Butcher
Yeah, sometimes that is the case. You could be the best fighter in the world, but suck at teaching.

I did a little training at a boxing gym when I was younger, and they had two trainers. The head trainer had around 60 amatuer fights I believe and the assistant was Brett Sommers (spelling?). Brett was a professional boxer, had a decent record, fought Joe Frazier's kid, and had a ton of amatuer fights, he trained with Emanuel Steward, etc. He was a good fighter. But in my opinion, I thought the head trainer was a way better trainer.

But anyways, Rampage may not be the best trainer, but he is a really good fighter. I think Rampage takes Griffin out. Rampage will take him into the deep waters. I don't see Griffin making it to 5 rounds, even if he is winning on the cards. He will eventually gas out and Rampage will pound him out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.