Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Joan Guzman - Ray De Los Santos World Lightweight Championship Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
The date is set. March 9, 2008. In another big big fight in the lightweight division.

One of the Top Pound For Pound Fighters In the Sport, 2 Division World Champion, Reigning and Defending 3-Time Lightweight Champion Of The World, Joan Guzman (29-4-2 11KOs) defends his title yet again against #2 ranked Lightweight Contender, The Undefeated Ray De Los Santos (18-0-0 7KOs)

Will Guzman continue to run rampant on the 135 lbs. division? Or will Santos fulfill his potential and beat arguably the greatest Lightweight of all time and win the Lightweight Champion Of The World?

Joan Guzman Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Osvaldo Batista - For the Jr. Bantamweight Title
D 12, D 12, W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Cash On Demand - turns draws over into dominate wins.
W TKO 7, W KO 12, W KO 10 Pavel "The Spy" Molotov - solid win over the former world champion
W TKO 6 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid win over the former world champion
W KO 11,L UD 12, L UD 12, W KO 12 Jesse Jane - won lightweight title in fight one. turns over losses into another knockout win to win the lightweight title for the 2nd time over the 3 division world champion.
L KO 4, W UD 12 Ricardo Reyes - turns over careless loss into a dominating win to win back the lightweight title for the 3rd time.
W TKO 9 Tera Patrick - destroys 3 division World Champion Tera Patrick in lightweight super fight.
W UD 12, W SD 12 Carlos "El Indio" Quintana - Defeated the #1 contender, Undefeated Quintana.

-----

Ray De Los Santos Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Arcane Dusk - In a battle between undefeated prospects.
W UD 12, W UD 12 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - Back to back victories over the former world champion.

--------

PLACE YOUR BETS!
Maxy
This is a massive step-up for Santos so he could well be exposed in a big way. He's managed to get in line for a title shot by beating very limited opposition and all that has done is give him an overinflated record.

Guzman will start as favourite but I have a feeling it will be close either way.
Blayde
I voted for Santos by decision just like surprisingly everybody did so far, but Ive got to say I have no idea why. I just have some kind of a feeling Guzman will lose again.
CyruS
Joan Guzman is possibly the greatest lightweight ever, and he is no stranger to undefeated 18/18 fighters. Hopefully Guzman doesn't pull a Butkiss against Green laugh.gif
BigG
Guzman's gonna win...
Maxy
Santos will be using a fight plan he's never used before. His people don't have the confidence to stick with what has brought him success so far.

Some say Wexley Gawn and his crew are nervous about the step up.
Blayde
Damn, thats a Chaplin style prefight move biggrin.gif Everything looks like Santos is gonna do it ohmy.gif:
CyruS
Guzman loses his title in a razor close fight to scores of 115-113, 115-113, 115-114. After the fight Guzman tipped his hat to Santos for putting on a good performance but wanted his rematch immediately, saying that next week will be different.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Mar 9 2008, 07:01 AM) [snapback]381771[/snapback]
Guzman loses his title in a razor close fight to scores of 115-113, 115-113, 115-114. After the fight Guzman tipped his hat to Santos for putting on a good performance but wanted his rematch immediately, saying that next week will be different.

Santos has turned into a bitch following the victory. He won't give a rematch unless he gets an 80% share of the purse and he says he will retire if those figures aren't given to him. He doesn't want to grant Guzman a rematch and at this point in time his whereabouts are unknown.

More to come....
CyruS
Guzman is hiring has gotten in contact with the F.B.I. to scourer the globe for Santos. If the United States can find Saddam Hussein in a hole, they can find Santos.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Mar 9 2008, 07:09 AM) [snapback]381776[/snapback]
Guzman is hiring has gotten in contact with the F.B.I. to scourer the globe for Santos. If the United States can find Saddam Hussein in a hole, they can find Santos.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Blayde
Santos really did it, thats a surpise although it was my prediction. Now give JoJo her shot.
CyruS
Guzman took care of business in the rematch winning a very clear UD victory with scores of 117-112, 117-111 x2.

Guzman takes back the lightweight title and wins it for a record 4th time. And takes the zero of Santos.

Guzman was later seen laughing at the headline news of #1 Pound for Pound fighter Travis Simms losing his ranking and title to tune up fighter, William Joppy.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.