Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miranda: KESSLER DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT MIRANDA
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
From 15rounds.com

KESSLER DOES NOT WANT TO FIGHT MIRANDA

'PANTERA' FIRES BACK WITH BOTH FISTS

HOLLYWOOD, FL, March 6 - It could have been the biggest super middleweight fight of 2008, a pitched battle between a former world champion and perhaps the most exciting warrior in the game today. But despite offers to hold the bout in a neutral location and significant offers from both HBO and Showtime for the television rights to the bout, Mikkel Kessler seems to have decided to tuck his tail between his legs and walk away from a lucrative showdown with the feared ‘Pantera’, Edison Miranda.

“Viking Warrior?” asked Miranda, referring to the former super middleweight champion’s nickname. “Kessler should turn his horned helmet in after disgracing such a tribe of true fighters. He talks like a fighter, has tattoos like he’s a tough guy, but when it comes down to being a real fighter, he’s not even worthy of carrying my gloves.”

The fight between Miranda and Kessler was originally pitched for the Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Florida, but that location was turned down. Seminole Warriors Boxing, Miranda’s promoter, immediately acquiesced and offered a neutral location for the bout – again, Kessler refused. Even extreme interest from HBO and Showtime couldn’t convince the Denmark native to fight the Colombian standout, even though a win over Miranda would help erase the memory of his decisive loss to Joe Calzaghe last November.

“I have a message for Mikkel Kessler, or Kessler the Kitten as I call him after he gave away his belts without a fight last year,” said Miranda. “Joe Calzaghe is not going to fight you again. What more does he have to prove after he slapped you around for 12 rounds? The only way you’re going to erase that loss from the fan’s memories is if you beat a legitimate fighter like me, but you know you can’t beat me, that’s why you won’t take this fight. So my advice to you is to retire and leave the fighting to the men. I challenge any of the so called top supermiddleweight contenders to step up and fight Pantera, but I doubt any of you have the guts.”

What do you all think?

thehype
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 6 2008, 06:24 PM) [snapback]381431[/snapback]
From 15rounds.com

I think it's pretty bad when our own damn moderators don't read our front page!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now boys...you're making me feel like I'm wasting my time.

cray.gif
BigG
laugh.gif HYPE! I'm sorry.....I just came accross it in google news....
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 6 2008, 06:24 PM) [snapback]381431[/snapback]
From 15rounds.com

What do you all think?

I dont buy it! I think Miranda is just talking smack. I would love to watch this fight though
stateofthegame
It sounds bad for Kessler's part, but I am going to hold judgment until his side cames out. The reason being is because Warriors has done this several times regarding Miranda. Anytime some one turns them down they issue scared statements.

Personally I think Miranda needs to focus on one fighter at a time instead of calling out everybody. I mean he has not taken care of Pascal yet and is already running his mouth about everyone else. Maybe Pavlik should have hit him harder.
STEVENSKI
Miranda is a bum who never proved himself whereas Kessler is a former world champion who has proved himself. Who got KTFO again.
salvador
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Mar 6 2008, 07:34 PM) [snapback]381435[/snapback]
Personally I think Miranda needs to focus on one fighter at a time instead of calling out everybody. I mean he has not taken care of Pascal yet and is already running his mouth about everyone else. Maybe Pavlik should have hit him harder.

I totally agree. More than that, I think he's going to have a hard time with Pascal. And Kessler, as overrated as I think he is, has a style that resembles Pavlik's and I'm not at all sure that he's the guy Miranda should be calling out right now even if the money was right.

Miranda's going to have a tough time with Pascal, but if he wins, he should fight Green and Lacy before worrying about Kessler. Because nobody's gonna forget the way Pavlik abused him until he gets a strong win over a guy like Lacy (who is infinitely more beatable than Kessler).
Imperius3
Kessler would beat his ass like a dog.
WindyCityP
I don't like Kesslers inactivity here. I don't hear anything about any plans about the fututre with Mikkel. It seems as though he hasn't gotten over the JC lose. Maybe his confidence is down and he wants a lighter opponent. Who knows but I will say Miranda is no bum. At the very least a top 5 168lber.

This would be a great bout for some of JC's vacant titles or the very least an elimination to maybe fight another top contender Lucian Bute.
thehype
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 6 2008, 06:30 PM) [snapback]381433[/snapback]
laugh.gif HYPE! I'm sorry.....I just came accross it in google news....

Just givin' ya shit bro...but that does give me an idea...I'll think I'll have to fix that newslink box at the top..make it like the front page box with the tabs and display our front page news first. I'll add that to my growing list of updates.

laugh.gif
ghost13
Very disappointing news from Kessler
buford54
Why should Miranda fight Green? He already beat Green's arse.
He needs to take care of Pascual first and then call out Kessler.
If Kessler was offered the money and the location, then he doesn't have an excuse.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Kessler is a wonderful human being by sparing Miranda another loss.
Nobudius
Is Miranda the "most exciting warrior" in the game today? lol Just when you thought Pavlik shut him the fluck up....

As someone mentioned, I don't like Kessler's inactivity as well, although I did hear he is recovering from surgery. He needs to get himself back in the mix of things.
gods son
Kessler has been given good opportunity!! And he is throwing it out the window!
I think he knows about Miranda's crazy azz..
salvador
QUOTE(buford54 @ Mar 7 2008, 11:41 AM) [snapback]381482[/snapback]
Why should Miranda fight Green? He already beat Green's arse.

I'd totally forgotten about that.
streetlion1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 6 2008, 06:49 PM) [snapback]381436[/snapback]
Miranda is a bum who never proved himself whereas Kessler is a former world champion who has proved himself. Who got KTFO again.

Kesslers level of competition is no better than Mirandas...Miranda K.O.'s Kessler if they ever fight.
moscow bear
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 9 2008, 08:31 PM) [snapback]381837[/snapback]
Kesslers level of competition is no better than Mirandas...Miranda K.O.'s Kessler if they ever fight.

I am sure you were saying the same thing before the Pavlik fight.
moscow bear
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Mar 7 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]381436[/snapback]

thats all i need to know.
streetlion1
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Mar 10 2008, 04:07 AM) [snapback]381881[/snapback]
I am sure you were saying the same thing before the Pavlik fight.

Not really but I did expect Miranda to win. Pavlik would knock Kessler out too though IMO. He hasnt shown me anything to believe otherwise.
moscow bear
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 10 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]381907[/snapback]
Not really but I did expect Miranda to win. Pavlik would knock Kessler out too though IMO. He hasnt shown me anything to believe otherwise.

I just love when people predict the knockouts of fighters that have never even been down. Bayesian learning anyone?
D-MARV
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Mar 10 2008, 01:17 PM) [snapback]381915[/snapback]
I just love when people predict the knockouts of fighters that have never even been down. Bayesian learning anyone?

Pavlik KO'd Taylor (never been knocked down)
Pavlik KO'd Zertuche (never been knocked down)
Just because a fight has never been knocked down dont mean he can't be KO'd!!!! Anyone can be KO'd
I'm not saying that Pavlik would KO Kessler but I'm not gonna say that because Kessler has never been KD that Pavlik wont KO him!
BigG
I dont get why people think the Zertuche win was such a big deal...Zertuche was decent but nothing special at all...

I'd pick Kessler over Miranda.
D-MARV
I pick Kessler over Miranda
Pavlik and Kessler is even money!
My whole point was that just because Kessler has never been down in a fight doesn't mean that he can't be KO'd!
I know that Zertuche wasn't anything special but he was a guy that was never KD before he fought pavlik. My post was in response too Moscow's
moscow bear
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 11 2008, 03:49 AM) [snapback]381988[/snapback]
I pick Kessler over Miranda
Pavlik and Kessler is even money!
My whole point was that just because Kessler has never been down in a fight doesn't mean that he can't be KO'd!
I know that Zertuche wasn't anything special but he was a guy that was never KD before he fought pavlik. My post was in response too Moscow's

You obviously misinterpret my point: Predicting Kessler losing by a Ko is almost like predicting a KO loss for Hopkins, Winky Wright or James Toney. Tested fighters that faced real punchers before. At least these three are old and worn out, so you could make a case similar to Morales facing Pac. But Kessler is in his prime.
D-MARV
Oh I understand your point now...
Has Kessler fought anyone that can punch and apply the pressure that Pavlik can?
I think Kessler and Pavlik would be a close fight but I wouldn't be surprised if Pavlik KO'd him!
streetlion1
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Mar 11 2008, 04:13 AM) [snapback]382016[/snapback]
You obviously misinterpret my point: Predicting Kessler losing by a Ko is almost like predicting a KO loss for Hopkins, Winky Wright or James Toney. Tested fighters that faced real punchers before. At least these three are old and worn out, so you could make a case similar to Morales facing Pac. But Kessler is in his prime.

Dont tell me your trying to put Kessler in the same category as B-Hop,Wright, or Toney! He doesnt belong in the same sentence IMO.
D-MARV
May 24th!!!!!!!!!!!

Miranda May have wrote a check that his a$$ can't cash
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.