Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Castillo doesn't make weight.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
Discuss.
BrutalBodyShots
Nothing to really say here... other than that Castillo obviously didn't learn his lesson last time. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

Imperius3
Very disappointing. You'd think Castillo would know better by now. He needs to move up a couple divisions or just retire. I don't know if he can't make weight because of a lack of desire or if his body just won't allow it.

Stop killing yourself to make weight (it's pointless anyway), move up, or simply retire.
BrutalBodyShots
I find it hard to believe that his body would mature at such a rate that wouldn't allow him to make 140 when he was able to make 135 not long ago. I just think he doesn't have it in him to make the weight any longer.

kidbazooka1
Im a huge fan of Castillo but he is done he can longer get up for the fights.

Time for him to call it quits.
BigG
Like I said, Castillo was once a great fighter at Lightweight but is now a past-prime fighter who lacks passion and just cant make weight. He needs to retire.
Nobudius
He was one of those fighters that was taking full advantage of the current system anyway. Him being a "lightweight" was bullshiat.

Bring back same day weigh ins.
Imperius3
I haven't necessarily lost respect for him. He's been in some great fights. It does aggravate the fuck out of me though.
Maxy
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Mar 8 2008, 02:46 AM) [snapback]381528[/snapback]
Bring back same day weigh ins.

I agree but they changed the system for saftey reasons didn't they so that they would have time to rehydrate. I don't know the statistics but in terms of ring tragedies haven't they declined since this new rule? The current system does however throw up scenarios where fighter 'A' comes into the fight much much heavier than his weigh in weight though, which also isn't entirely fair. Its a difficult one.

As for Castillo its time he quit.
jlupi
yeah fighters have always dried out to make wt. a dehydrated fighter is a brain injury waiting to happen. (that would go for mma too)

periodic weigh ins should be manditory to ensure the fighter is not drying out to make wt.
CyruS
When I read the title to this thread I thought someone upped a old ass corrales-castillo thread....

thumbsdown_anim.gif @ Castillo, hang em up.
Nobudius
I don't know or have the specific data for the safety in rehydrating, but it's difficult to assess how effective it is IMHO. I'm sure they can monitor their "safety" now though if they were same say weigh ins-I'd rather have the powers to be avoid Gatti/Gamache part 2 & 3 at all costs.

Now THAT was a ring tragedy.

To have guys like Castillo, Oscar, or Gerald Mcclellan come in a whole weight class or two above in the ring is ridiculous. I mean, people talk about what a puncher Mcclellan was-yeah, when you are claiming to be a middle & fight middles, I guess the power was impressive. Throw him in with light heavies, & see how effective it would've been.

To me, it looks like Castillo just can't boil down anymore- good.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 7 2008, 07:41 PM) [snapback]381506[/snapback]
I find it hard to believe that his body would mature at such a rate that wouldn't allow him to make 140 when he was able to make 135 not long ago. I just think he doesn't have it in him to make the weight any longer.

Exactly BBS. Anyone else think that this man's heart is just not in it anymore? This is a sign of a huge lack of self-discipline. The man needs to just hang-em up if he can't even make weight. It is becomeing a disappointment for EVERYONE involved. The fans, his team, and his opponent. I thank him for being involved in one of the best fights I have ever seen, but what a shithead.
Thegreatequalizer
i'm a castillo fan and there's no question he's given us some great fights, but it's bad enough not making weight once. three times is completely unprofessional. i think that when he was so close to beating corrales in that first fight and then lost by tko something zapped in his brain. if he's going to consistently come in overweight there's no point in fighting anymore and should retire. i think he should spend a year fighting welterweight chumps and get used to fighting in that division and get his confidence back.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 8 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]381568[/snapback]
Exactly BBS. Anyone else think that this man's heart is just not in it anymore? This is a sign of a huge lack of self-discipline. The man needs to just hang-em up if he can't even make weight. It is becomeing a disappointment for EVERYONE involved. The fans, his team, and his opponent. I thank him for being involved in one of the best fights I have ever seen, but what a shithead.

Agreed. It is a testament of his complete lack of professionalism, respect for the sport and most of all a waste of fans money. What an asshole, he cost another opponent a payday. Good work dickbag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.