Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chuck vs Rashad
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
AussieLad
So who wins. Rashad got a wake up call vs an old tito, who gave up a clear win by losing a point for holding the cage. Given chucks record over tito, i can see him KOing rashad. But then again, tito dominated rashad by wrestling. Chuck will strike, making it a whole different ball game

Either way, i would prefer to see chuck vs shogun
pastor method
gotta disagree with you on the tito/rashad fight: tito did not dominate, if there was one more round, tito would have probably been stopped, but that's beside the point.

most would say exactly what you've said, that tito gave up a clear win by grabbing the fence, but look at it this way: if tito would not have cheated and grabbed the fence, he would have been picked up and slammed, rashad probably would have had side control for the last 10 seconds of the round, and would have won the round on the basis of the strong finish. however, because tito grabbed the fence, rashad had to simply drag tito to the ground unimpressively and fall into his guard, which allowed tito to lock up the guillotine and finish the round in dominant control, which swayed the round in his favour. tito never would have got the guillotine if he didn't grab the fence.

again, if tito would not have grabbed the fence, he would have lost a decision, 29-28.
pastor method
back to your main topic though, i'm not sure about chuck-rashad... but chuck is the MUCH better striker, has way more experience and can avoid rashad's take downs... so it's hard to envision chuck losing. but, rashad is explosive, athletic and powerful, and with someone at chuck's age, there's always the chance that youth can win out.
ElectricTwinkie
I'm still waiting to see Rashad 'deceisively' beat someone that is talented. That said, he continues to improve.

Based on how The ETwinkie feels about either: Chuck by KO 35 seconds into the fight.
AussieLad
QUOTE(pastor method @ Mar 9 2008, 11:21 PM) [snapback]381852[/snapback]
gotta disagree with you on the tito/rashad fight: tito did not dominate, if there was one more round, tito would have probably been stopped, but that's beside the point.

most would say exactly what you've said, that tito gave up a clear win by grabbing the fence, but look at it this way: if tito would not have cheated and grabbed the fence, he would have been picked up and slammed, rashad probably would have had side control for the last 10 seconds of the round, and would have won the round on the basis of the strong finish. however, because tito grabbed the fence, rashad had to simply drag tito to the ground unimpressively and fall into his guard, which allowed tito to lock up the guillotine and finish the round in dominant control, which swayed the round in his favour. tito never would have got the guillotine if he didn't grab the fence.

again, if tito would not have grabbed the fence, he would have lost a decision, 29-28.

No, thats reading too much into it, an assumption. He could just as easily have gotten the take down then have it reversed with tito on top ground and pounding him into submission.

Tito won the round but lost a point, shooting himself in the foot. 2 rounds to 1, clear win fouled by stupidity
pastor method
"I'm still waiting to see Rashad 'deceisively' beat someone that is talented."

jason lambert. great performance, but rashad has been less than stellar in every fight since.

"No, thats reading too much into it, an assumption. He could just as easily have gotten the take down then have it reversed with tito on top ground and pounding him into submission."

i think it's far less likely that tito would have reversed him if the full force of rashad's takedown would have been felt, tito doesn't have good sweeps, i don't recall him ever reversing a take down on a good wrestler (or anyone? not sure) except for the fight we're talking about. but like i said, it would have been an entirely different takedown and probably a different position (one which tito would have had a much harder time reversing) if tito didn't cheat. when rashad took tito down in the third, tito showed no sign of being able to reverse it. i just re-watched the last minute of the 2nd round of that fight, rashad was DEEP into that takedown, it would have been hard and powerful had tito not grabbed the fence.

as you said, it's an assumption, you're right on that, i'll admit. but i don't think i'm being unreasonable in my assumption. an unreasonable assumption would be that tito would sweep a good wrestler from side control, immediately after being taken down, and pound him into submission in less than 15 seconds.
AussieLad
QUOTE(pastor method @ Mar 12 2008, 09:01 PM) [snapback]382176[/snapback]
as you said, it's an assumption, you're right on that, i'll admit. but i don't think i'm being unreasonable in my assumption. an unreasonable assumption would be that tito would sweep a good wrestler from side control, immediately after being taken down, and pound him into submission in less than 15 seconds.

And rashads take down was going to be enough to win him the 2nd round, that late in the round? I dont think so. Especially when his take down of tito resulted in him on the ground in a guillotine? Now thats unreasonable. Another 20 seconds or so in the round and rashad may have been choked out?

Tito did something stupid and paid the price. Suck it up him i say. He deserved it. But Rashad really only won the 3rd round in the last 2 minutes when tito had tired.
Warlord
I'm praying for a double-KO ending. I hate both of those idiots.
TheWhiteBuffalo
It's amazing how everyonetalked about Chuck being old, washed up, and possibly retiring. And now, only one victory later, everyone is on the Chuck Bandwagon.

I have no interest in this fight. Chuck is DONE, and Rashad got whooped by Tito.
BigG
I have a feeling Chucks gonna get whooped.
AussieLad
Chuck doesnt chuck enough, i mean throw enough leather these days. His lack of leg kicks vs the dean of mean was critical to his loss. Jardine is primarily a striker, so chuck didnt have worry too much about takedowns, so why not whip a few kicks in?

Chuck isnt elite anymore, but i think rashad isnt that special either. Chuck can win, but he needs to be more active. Rashad is a wrestler, so i dont expect to see many kicks from chuck. But i think thats more a case of complacency than a gameplan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.