Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO Tripleheader: Pavlik-Lockett, De Leon-Lopez, Lee-Rubio
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype

PAVLIK AND LOCKETT VERBALLY AGREE TO FIGHT; SET TO HEADLINE HBO TRIPLEHEADER

What should come as no surprise to anyone other than Winky Wright, promoter Bob Arum informed ESPN.com that middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik will indeed be facing Gary Lockett in his first title defense. On Sunday, Joe Scalvo of vindy.com broke the news that plans for a fight between Pavlik and Lockett were nearly complete and an announcement could come as early as Tuesday. Sure enough, earlier today, Dan Rafael confirmed it.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2188.html

Kelly Pavlik vs. Gary Lockett
Ponce De Leon vs. Juan Manuel Lopez
Andy Lee vs. Marco Antonio Rubio

Not a bad card. I think I'm just excited to see three fights on HBO WCB.

laugh.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I will be hyped for that Lopez-Ponce De Leon fight. I think Lopez is going to dominate him, as I've been high on him for the last couple years. He can punch and box efficiently, which will give Ponce De Leon fits. Ponce has always been overrated, but he has a ton of power. Should be an exciting fight. Another guy I've been high on is Andy Lee. He's an excellent boxer too, and that KO of Carl Daniels last year was sick. He's going to beat Rubio, who let his shot slip away against Ouma a couple years ago. Should be another interesting fight, since we haven't seen Lee cracked hard. Rubio can punch, but I just think Lee will box well. The Pavlik fight is nothing short of a warm up to keep him busy. It's cool though, he's fought a tough scheduele. At least he's staying active.
Kyle
Mean Mister Mustard
Not a bad card from HBO. The De Leon-Lopez bout should be the highlight of the night and possibly Lopez's start to a great career but there is the risk of getting caught.
CreDog
Should be a good showcase card. Lee-Rubio will provide us with a highlight reel knockout. De Leon-Lopez is a good test for both young men... Lopez is super talented but we'll see about how good his whiskers are and Quite frankly, I know nothing about Lockett other than he must not be a live dog if Bob puts him in with his "prized possession".

Hopefully it'll build some momentum for a Pavlik- Lee showdown, which would be DEVASTATION.

flazi
de leon vs juan ma? wow i can't wait.
Byrd Man
I got Pavlik and Ponce in my fantasy league so hell yeah that'll be a fun weekend! lol
BigG
Hope Juan Ma beats the shit ouf him..
JakeNDaBox
I don't know, this card is quantity compensating for the lack of quality.

Ponce de Leon-JuanMa is intriguing, but even with PDL as crude as he is, I still believe he's way too much too soon for Lopez, who quite frankly I find considerably overrated.

Lee-Rubio is a considerable mismatch, but it's always fun watching Lee fight, so I'll take this as a starting point for a likely long-lasting relationship with HBO (he also fights this Friday on ESPN2).

I don't know enough about Lockett to completely dismiss his chances against Pavlik, but the one fight of his I do recall (barely outlasting... Spice Boy, forget his name, but a one-time Naseem Hamed wanna-be) doesn't leave me with a good feeling about this fight from a competitive standpoint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.