Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biggest chance of an upset...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
I dont really think either one..but if I had to lean towards one it would have to be Forbes getting the upset over DLH. His only chance to me would be if DLH came in terrible shape and took him too lightly. Gomez is in for a beating...however I went back to my old gym recently and heard alot of talk about Gomez upsetting Cotto so I thought i'd pick peoples brain on this one. thumbsup_anim.gif
flazi
I agree although gomez i think is game, it will be fun while it last. Forbes has no shot even if he wins, think of sturm.
Douchebag
Gomez does not have the power to keep Cotto off of him so his chances of winning a extremely slim IMO. Forbes has a chance because Oscar is old and hasn't fought in a year so his reflexes and legs may have totally deteriorated for all we know.
CreDog
I love the Gomez-Cotto fight despite what everyone is saying.

Gomez is a tough kid and he'll bring it-- HOWEVER, Cotto is special and he is an absolute monster... People always talk about how he got buzzed at 140, that's OK.. what we've learned is that getting hit in the temple will do that, that Torres drops bombs and that at 147 he's got a sturdier beard.

My prediction is Cotto TKO in 8.

The Original MrFactor
I think Forbes wins the boxing match but loses the fight. His only chance to win the fight would be to KO DLH. What are the chances of that?

Gomez is a live underdog in my opinion. We can all say that Cotto has gotten rocked by lesser guys at a lower weight. I think it should be a good scrap while it lasts. I'm expecting a KO either way...
BigG
Cotto doesnt come in half-assed and he is seriously a beast of an inside fighter. Can't really see how Gomez wins.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]382218[/snapback]
Cotto doesnt come in half-assed and he is seriously a beast of an inside fighter. Can't really see how Gomez wins.

Yup....pretty much what I was gonna say.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]382218[/snapback]

Agreed as well. I expect Cotto to brutalize Gomez.

Forbes could very well make Oscar look bad but I don't think he has a realistic chance of winning either.
thehype
Gomez!

I highly doubt uncle Roger and papa Mayweather will purposely try to mess up a big payday for themselves.

laugh.gif
PR316
Neither really has much of a shot.

Forbes may "objectively" outbox Oscar but on the cards, you can rest assured De La Hoya will get the benefit of the doubt, ala Sturm. Forbes would have to probably win all 12 rounds and score at least 1 knockdown to get the victory. This fight is stacked against him. 150 pounds, in Los Angeles, a big fight for Oscar awaiting in September. Stevie will get paid(400,000 I believe) and he'll be happy about that but no matter what he does, he won't win.

Gomez' only chance is if Cotto comes half assed. Cotto is not yet at that point where he won't be up for every guy. I think Gomez is gonna really get destroyed here.
Hodge
I'm going to go with Gomez and I believe it is a good shot. He's a guy who has made his name by fighting the bigger fighters and I don't believe Miguel is going to be showing him things he hasn't seen before. I will never count out Miguel Cotto in any fight, because he's thrashed every expectation I have ever had about him. It's going to be a good fight.

As for Stevie, I'll be rooting, but I don't think he has enough pop in his punches to keep Oscar from mauling him. From the footage on the frontpage, he isn't looking so sound with Roger. Maybe I was expecting the same routine as Roger and Floyd, but I wasn't seeing all of the speed of Stevie.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.