Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judah vs mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
Who do ya'll got?

I think mayweather SR working with zab instead of yoel really improved zab's chances of winning this one
EpTXCHAMP
Who do ya'll got?

I think mayweather SR working with zab instead of yoel really improved zab's chances of winning this one
Douchebag
Unless Sr. can fight the fight for him I don't think it's going to effect the outcome all that much. Zab will still Gas if he can't KO Shane early and Zab hasn't won by KO since 2005 so I don't see that happening to Iron Chin Mosley.
CreDog
Champ-- I'm with you, I think Yoel was a bit too emotional in Zab's corner. Maybe a change might be good for Zab, However, you've got to like Mosely's chances.. He's battle tested and has pretty good whiskers.

I like this fight. I like Mosely UD over Zab.

streetlion1
If anything Zab has better defensive skills due to training with Floyd Sr...but his stamina has always been his problem. It should be a good fight for about the first 6 rounds cause both guys have great speed.....until Zab tires then Mosley will take over winning by U.D. in the end.

-When is the fight supposed to be?
Chi-Town
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 12 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]382170[/snapback]
Who do ya'll got?

I'm just kinda pissed this thing will be on PPV...but I understand that HBO was out of WCB dates so whatever, I just won't buy it. In any event. On the decline or not, Mosely is still crafty enough and tough enough to beat judah...Mayweather Sr. or not, Zab loses because he's mentally weaker than than the elite fighters he faces...who's training him means nothing because his problems were never with technique or stamina.

Welcome to the board BTW!!! friends.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Judah actually has good conditioning, look at the Spinks fights, he always finished stronger in those fights. Judah's problem is not so much physical as it is mental. It's been beaten to the ground by everyone but it's true; Judah loses focus after the 5th round. You look at the Corley fight, if he would have just stepped it up he could have beaten him more decisevely. Instead he clowned, he jived and went on to win a decision.

If he can maintain a constant pace against like he did against Spinks in their rematch, then I can see Judah winning a decision. But Mosley is still the favourite. He is going to have a faster, harder hitting version of Luiz Collazo in front of him.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Mar 12 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]382178[/snapback]
I'm just kinda pissed this thing will be on PPV...but I understand that HBO was out of WCB dates so whatever, I just won't buy it. In any event. On the decline or not, Mosely is still crafty enough and tough enough to beat judah...Mayweather Sr. or not, Zab loses because he's mentally weaker than than the elite fighters he faces...who's training him means nothing because his problems were never with technique or stamina.

Welcome to the board BTW!!! friends.gif

thanks, yea I agree wish it wasnt ppv but they put a decent undercard plus I think mosley and zab is gonna be fireworks so Im gonna buy it.

I think stamina kills zab and yes he is mentally weaker than most of the guys his fought except for spinks II
mayweather SR said he's gonna work on zabs stamina like never before. I just hope for once not to see a fight in which zab fades after 4 rounds

also mosley is 36 man one of these fights he's got to show his age lol should be a good scrap
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 12 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]382184[/snapback]
Judah actually has good conditioning, look at the Spinks fights, he always finished stronger in those fights. Judah's problem is not so much physical as it is mental. It's been beaten to the ground by everyone but it's true; Judah loses focus after the 5th round. You look at the Corley fight, if he would have just stepped it up he could have beaten him more decisevely. Instead he clowned, he jived and went on to win a decision.

If he can maintain a constant pace against like he did against Spinks in their rematch, then I can see Judah winning a decision. But Mosley is still the favourite. He is going to have a faster, harder hitting version of Luiz Collazo in front of him.

man if the judah that showed up for spinks II would have shown up for baldomir who knows where zab's career would be right now probably would still be considered a top 3 welter.

Floyd has said the one thing he is going to work on with zab is his stamina so hopefully zab wont burn out after 4 rds but I agree I think he'll help zab more with the mental part and his FOCUS. it seemed at times if zab wasnt even listening to yoels instructions

I wanna see the odds vegas puts up for this one I may just bet on zab if he's a big underdog
thehype
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 12 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]382170[/snapback]
Who do ya'll got?

I don't think Sr. is going to make much of a difference at all because he's not really going to be working with Zab that much. In fact, right now, Sr. is in Puerto Rico working with Oscar...they'll probably be there for the entire month while Zab's still in Vegas. Sr. suggested that Jeff take over training duties for Zab while he's gone, but Zab declined.

In the past, Sr. has admitted that he needs time with a fighter in order to get him to where he needs to be...that's one of the reasons why he felt Anthony Hanshaw blew an opportunity against Roy...because he didn't have enough time to work with him.

This is pretty much the same scenario...Sr. is focused on Oscar and just doesn't have the time to devote to Zab. Whenever they move camp back to Big Bear, I'm sure Zab will get his time in then, but more than likely, it won't be enough to make a difference.

Mosley by late TKO

Zab can't take it to the body...one of Mosley's specialties. Plus, at 147, Mosley still has some decent pop in his punches as even Cotto was on his bike in the last few rounds of their fight.
BrutalBodyShots
1. Zab is the king of losing big fights.

2. This is a big fight.

3. Zab loses.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Zab has heart, he never quit against Cotto. It's gonna be Super Judah time in May, and he's going to beat Mosley. I dont think Mosley is faster than Judah, and if Judah is in good shape he should win a decision. Should be a good fight too. I really hope Zab pulls this one out.
Kyle
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 12 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]382206[/snapback]
1. Zab is the king of losing big fights.

2. This is a big fight.

3. Zab loses.

Hilarious!!! But true...
BigG
The thing is, Mosley isn't as tricky as Floyd and isn't as good a pressure fighter as Cotto.

I think Mosley wins a decision but gets dropped early.
salvador
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Mar 12 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]382178[/snapback]
I'm just kinda pissed this thing will be on PPV...but I understand that HBO was out of WCB dates so whatever,

Does this mean that HBO allocates a certain number of saturday nights to boxing each year or does it mean that HBO allocates a certain number of dollars to boxing each year?

Obviously HBO is a pay network and getting large numbers of viewers on a Saturday night doesn't do anything for their revenues in the short run (and maybe that's the entire answer), but I would think that if Mosley-Judah could have been done on WCB that HBO would have found the money and a date.
streetlion1
QUOTE(piper the great @ Mar 13 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]382259[/snapback]
the only reason zab lasted in those fights is spinks & corely are light fisted & zab knew he hit harder than them. that wont be the casewith shane.

everybody keep bringing up the spinks fight lets talk bout the baldy fight. he took zabs best pucnh zab folded. pretty boy too zabs best punch zab folded. cotto took zabs best punch zab folded. shane will do the same & shane hits harder than all three of them.

Shane doesnt hit harder than Cotto. Also PBF never took Zabs best punch. He got fustrated against Floyd..Baldo has a chin and if anything really discouraged him in those early rounds with Cotto it was the low blows. If Zab would just keep up his punch output through an entire fight he would have a chance at beating anyone....Mosley wins but I am expecting a good fight. both have chins, great speed with medium strength...could be one of the best fights we will see all year.
Tha Docta
i dont think judah folded against cotto at all. he was right there til the end of that fight. and he was dishing out punishment along the way. i have no problem with the cotto fight and would love to see a rematch.

the baldi fight is embarrassing though. i thought he won the baldi fight, but since judah made that fight alot closer than it shouldve been, i have no problem with baldi getting the decision.

i was a little disappointed with the mayweather fight because that fight was there to be won for judah. i still feel that if the knockdown was called correctly it would have been a different fight.
Big Slim Sweet
I think it's going to be a closer fight than most but do expect Shane to come from behind and pull it out.

Elijah
Even with Sr. working with Zab I don't think he can teach Zab anything at this point in his career that's going to change the outcome of this fight.

Mosley by UD.

gods son
Cotto was one dirty trick when he low blowed Judah more than once!!
Judah was giving him work in Round 1..
thehype
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:10 AM) [snapback]382227[/snapback]
The thing is, Mosley isn't as tricky as Floyd and isn't as good a pressure fighter as Cotto.

I think Mosley wins a decision but gets dropped early.

Baldomir isn't as tricky as Floyd either.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, the only person I see getting dropped early is Zab. You're too biased biggeorge...you know Zab's your boy.

laugh.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 13 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]382328[/snapback]
Baldomir isn't as tricky as Floyd either.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, the only person I see getting dropped early is Zab. You're too biased biggeorge...you know Zab's your boy.

laugh.gif

shane got hurt by bigger fighters like vernon and winky. zab isnt bigger than shane; however mosleys chin at 36 obviously isnt what it use to be plus shane was getting tagged with shots by cotto that he wouldnt have two yrs ago his reflexs are slowing down due to father time. MAYBE just Maybe zab could score a flash knockdown I've seen crazier things happen lol
Tha Docta
it wasnt a one sided beating as people like to call it. cotto took some punishment in that fight as well. plus judah took some solid shots to the nuts. but thats what they teach down in those gyms in puerto rico.
streetlion1
QUOTE(piper the great @ Mar 13 2008, 06:51 PM) [snapback]382347[/snapback]
maybe the low blows did some early damage but i still question zabs heart. all he had to do was fight back & it wouldve been a different fight. instead he let cotto beat the piss out him. he got a shot in here & there but overall it wasnt close imo.

Agreed. That quick left uppercut did damage every time Zab threw it..but he wouldnt listen to his corner and let his hands go.I dont really question his heart because he took alot of punishment in that fight not to mention some crunching low blows...its either stamina or its something else when he gets to the later rounds he quits throwing. Shane always comes to fight and wont quit..if Zab hasnt changed his game up I dont really expect him to have a chance but he'll make it interesting for a while.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(piper the great @ Mar 13 2008, 08:37 AM) [snapback]382259[/snapback]
the only reason zab lasted in those fights is spinks & corely are light fisted & zab knew he hit harder than them. that wont be the casewith shane.

everybody keep bringing up the spinks fight lets talk bout the baldy fight. he took zabs best pucnh zab folded. pretty boy too zabs best punch zab folded. cotto took zabs best punch zab folded. shane will do the same & shane hits harder than all three of them.

Baldy didnt take zab's "best punch" he didnt even face the best zab judah well all know zab wasnt focused and didnt take that fight serious. He came in at 147 and anyone who follows zab knows a focused zab who trains hard comes into fights around 144, 145

also Shane punches harder than PBF and baldy but I dont think he puches harder than cotto lets ask paulie's jaw what he thinks about that lol rolleyes.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 13 2008, 09:13 PM) [snapback]382358[/snapback]
Baldy didnt take zab's "best punch" he didnt even face the best zab judah well all know zab wasnt focused and didnt take that fight serious. He came in at 147 and anyone who follows zab knows a focused zab who trains hard comes into fights around 144, 145

also Shane punches harder than PBF and baldy but I dont think he puches harder than cotto lets ask paulie's jaw what he thinks about that lol rolleyes.gif

ask paulie anything you want, but he has never faced mosley. judah should be able to tell who hits harder. but i dont remember judah really getting rocked by a single punch from cotto. it was more of an accumulation of punches and zab usually gets buzzed a few times by guys that dont even hit that hard.
Big Slim Sweet
Yeah, I was kinda wondering that myself Fitz.

QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 13 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]382331[/snapback]
however mosleys chin at 36 obviously isnt what it use to be

What makes you say that?
streetlion1
Mosley still has an iron chin. Also I dont think his reflexes are any worse..it was just proof of how good Miguel Cotto is. The Only chance Zab has is by decision IMO...and that chance is slight since Shane fights the whole fight and Zab really doesnt. Hope Mayweather Sr. made a difference.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 14 2008, 09:32 AM) [snapback]382405[/snapback]
Mosley still has an iron chin. Also I dont think his reflexes are any worse..it was just proof of how good Miguel Cotto is. The Only chance Zab has is by decision IMO...and that chance is slight since Shane fights the whole fight and Zab really doesnt. Hope Mayweather Sr. made a difference.

I dont think that showed how good cotto was as much as it showed mosley is not close to what he use to be. cotto beat an old shane mosley, mosely in his prime would not have lost to miggy and I mention the reflexs because cotto was tagging him and we all know (even you cotto lovers) that cotto doesnt have great speed Imagine what zabs speed can do. Look at old shane fights compared to this last one with cotto Im just saying his age has began to show
Tha Docta
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ Mar 14 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]382423[/snapback]
I dont think that showed how good cotto was as much as it showed mosley is not close to what he use to be. cotto beat an old shane mosley, mosely in his prime would not have lost to miggy and I mention the reflexs because cotto was tagging him and we all know (even you cotto lovers) that cotto doesnt have great speed Imagine what zabs speed can do. Look at old shane fights compared to this last one with cotto Im just saying his age has began to show

i agree with this. i dont see anyway that a young shane mosley loses to cotto. his fight with cotto was very close anyway.

i think judah can tag mosley, but mosley has a solid chin and is so much tougher mentally than zab. i think thats going to be the difference. maybe mayweather can get zab to believe in himself a little more, but until i see it, i wont believe it.
Big Slim Sweet
Cotto may not have great speed but he does have great timing. And while I agree that a prime Shane Mosley would have beaten Cotto that night I don't feel today's version of Shane is that far off. I actually scored their fight a draw with Mosley coming on big time at the end. Either way, I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever that Shane's beard has diminished.
BigG
I scored Cotto-Mosley 7-4-1 for Cotto. Thought it was a really clear win.
Tha Docta
i thought the fight was pretty damn close. could have gone either way.
JD
I had Cotto - Mosley a draw.
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 15 2008, 02:27 AM) [snapback]382501[/snapback]
I scored Cotto-Mosley 7-4-1 for Cotto. Thought it was a really clear win.

................................................................................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.