Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler vs Miranda (confirmed)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
CreDog
I think Miranda has bitten off more than he can chew.

This is a great fight. I'll take Kessler 7th round TKO.

flazi
squeeky wheel gets the oil again.
salvador
I've only seen Kessler fight twice, but to me he looks like a slower, heavier, less accurate version Kelly Pavlik. He's got that kind of form and that's not good news for Miranda. But who knows, maybe Pavlik was the perfect learning experience for Miranda. In any event, I can't wait.

So who does Pascal fight now?
CreDog
Pascal should fight Allan Greene.

Although talented, Pascal might have a bit of glass in that jaw.

I think Miranda would have dusted his ass.

Titlebelt
I believe Kessler is the future of the 168 pound division. He should be able to stop Miranda within 10.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Titlebelt @ Mar 14 2008, 05:41 PM) [snapback]382447[/snapback]
I believe Kessler is the future of the 168 pound division. He should be able to stop Miranda within 10.

Yes he "should", but we will see. Greene should have beaten Miranda as well. I believe Keesler will beat Miranda, but you can never count a guy with Miranda's power out.
CreDog
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 14 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]382451[/snapback]
Yes he "should", but we will see. Greene should have beaten Miranda as well. I believe Keesler will beat Miranda, but you can never count a guy with Miranda's power out.

Green was missing his colon and still dropped Miranda..

Southeastpaw
I love the excuses.
stateofthegame
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 15 2008, 02:59 AM) [snapback]382451[/snapback]

Yes, but every time he has stepped up to a higher class of opponent, the power has not been a big deal. I mean stretching no names is nothing if you do not do it to the big dogs.

If you look at Miranda's record the majority of his knockout's came against bums.
streetlion1
I'll take Miranda in this one....niether guy impresses me but if I have to choose its Miranda just based on his power. Kessler hasnt fought anybody besides Calzaghe who hibernated over in Europe and never fought anyone either.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 14 2008, 06:02 PM) [snapback]382453[/snapback]
Green was missing his colon and still dropped Miranda..

god damn that is funny.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Mar 14 2008, 08:44 PM) [snapback]382463[/snapback]
I'll take Miranda in this one....niether guy impresses me but if I have to choose its Miranda just based on his power. Kessler hasnt fought anybody besides Calzaghe who hibernated over in Europe and never fought anyone either.

kessler beat mundine. i think kessler is too technically sound for miranda.
D-MARV
Give me Kessler by 12TKO
Blayde
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Mar 14 2008, 10:59 PM) [snapback]382451[/snapback]

Yeah you can never count Miranda out, but I cannot imagine a similar outcome to the Green fight when Miranda faces Kessler. He didnt just catch Green and knocked him out, he dominated the fight. I dont see that happening against Kessler who should at least clearly win the rounds. IMO the only way Miranda wins this is by landing the perfect shot and he always has that chance. But I also think that Kessler might be a little easier for him to catch than Pavlik and Abraham were. Pavlik simply smothered him too much and Abrahams defense was too tight. Kesslers defense isnt bad either, but he should be easier to catch than these two guys were for Miranda.

And Im wondering what Kessler should do. Should he try to do a Pavlik which I think he would be capable of and he did quiet a lot against Mundine or should he let the come forward fighter Miranda do what he wants to do and counter like he did against Andrade? Whatever he does, hes a 75:25 favorite for me, but Mirandas power will always make it dangerous.
PR316
Oh my God. Kessler is gonna DESTROY this guy. Miranda will walk all night into the jab and straight right hand. He'll reach for his punches and overextend himself, creating WIDE openings all night. This will be another brutal beating for Miranda that will last 8 rounds.

How anybody could see Miranda winning this fight is beyond me.
AussieLad
Easy KO for kessler
Nobudius
I don't understand this "puncher's chance" thing with Miranda. He doesn't have TNT power in the mold of Julian Jackson, and it's not like Kessler's chin is on the level of Terry Norris.

Kessler is going to SLAUGHTER Miranda. It ain't going to be pretty. And afterwards, Miranda will call out more guys for him to lose against.

I actually would like to see Miranda take on Andrade. Would be a good fight between two similar guys.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Blayde @ Mar 15 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]382542[/snapback]
He didnt just catch Green and knocked him out, he dominated the fight.

He didnt knock Green out by the way!

But im not one for excuses but I do believe Green missing somw organs had something to do with that fight. His punches had no snap and he still managge to knock Miranda down.

It's not hard to figure out how to beat Miranda. You have to simply get him backing up. Thats it Thats all!
PR316
Kessler beats anybody 168 or below IMO. Even his biggest threat, Pavlik, fights in a way that is made for Kessler, who is more powerful and more technically sound than Jermain Taylor.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(PR316 @ Mar 17 2008, 12:21 PM) [snapback]382949[/snapback]
Kessler beats anybody 168 or below IMO. Even his biggest threat, Pavlik, fights in a way that is made for Kessler, who is more powerful and more technically sound than Jermain Taylor.

That's true but it wasn't power and technical ability that gave Pavlik trouble against Taylor... it was speed and athleticism, two departments that Taylor is clearly better than Kessler in.

I think Pavlik and Kessler are similar in the power and technical ability department, so they should make for a great, competitive fight.

gods son
Miranda is no where near a polished fighter, but he has power and super determination, he can pull this off, only if kessler leaves himself vulnerable!
Nobudius
I really don't understand how people think Miranda is going to catch Kessler. He's too sloppy technically, as well as mentally. If he was a bit of a sniper, I would give him better odds.

Pavlik is willing to take shots to get his in-granted, his lack of foot speed & overall movement will never make him a defensive wizard. He likes to come forward.

Kessler likes to keep his distance, & he isn't willing to get hit like Pavlik does. This is a pretty good matchup, & one that hopefully happens in the near future.
kidbazooka1
Kessler obviously has all the tools to take this one with ease but I've never seen his chin tested. Miranda will always have that punchers chance but the I wouldn't bet on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.