Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs. Pacquiao: Round by Round/Undercards Spoilers@8:15 CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
Follow all of tonight's PPV action in our exclusive round by round coverage of Marquez-Pacquiao II! Click here!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...275c88c5a12d704

Please keep all comments in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOO 40 minutes til HBOPPV comes on the air. Should be a great night of boxing. Gopher basketball couldnt come through, and thats pretty shitty, but this is gonna be a great night. Montano is a live dog against Diaz tonight. I thought Diaz lost that fight against Morales. Should be an excellent scrap though. Luevano is always entertaining too. Jandaeng was dominated by Marquez but gets another shot tonight. He'll prolly lose, but ya never know. Then its the main event. That's been debated for the last week, but it should be a great night of boxing.
Kyle
easywork
Not sure how well the Sopcast links are going to hold up as far as quality is concerned, but you can view the streams here:

http://www.fighthype.com/sopcastpopup.php

No need to download any software...the player is already embedded into the page (although you may have to click install on the ActiveX control if prompted).

If Sopcast has any links, the channel list will be updated automatically with them.

Currently, the channels are set to the tentatively scheduled links.
gods son
did or is danny garcia fighting on the undercard???
FenderDG3
QUOTE(gods son @ Mar 15 2008, 08:30 PM) [snapback]382572[/snapback]
did or is danny garcia fighting on the undercard???

Yeah he did, but it wasn't on-air... BoxRec says he scored a 1st round TKO.
salvador
This is only the second time I've seen Diaz fight, but I have to say that I'm totally unimpressed. He would be the perfect opponent for Pacquiao at 135 - a title holder with absolutely no head movement.
gods son
Grrrr!!

thanks though!!!

FenderDG3
This may sound really queer, but Joe Cortez did an impressive job in the Diaz fight. Montano had a ribbon of tape coming off of his glove, and instead of stopping the fight for it he casually grabbed the tape and tore it off. I have never seen that before, and thought it was great.
BigG
Diaz again proves he is not one of the elite.

Mares destroyed Gabi who looked too small.

And right now Luevano is dominating Terdsak Jandeang
BigG
Getting hyped..fighters will be making their way to the ring shortly...Singing the national anthems
BigG
Marquez was down in 3 but I think hes ahead after 5.
BigG
I think is either 5-1 or 4-2 for Marquez. Marquez is countering Manny.
salvador
This reminds me a lot of the Marquez-Vasquez fight. I think Marquez is outboxing Pacquiao, but I'm just not sure Marquez's chin will last 12.
BigG
Boh cut...Marquez is givfing Manny some problems with countering...Manny explodes sometimes but Marquez seems to be winning.
BigG
Marquez is landing clean....He's clearly winning.
The CEO
This is good to hear...come on, Marquez...finish smart and strong down the stretch....
BigG
Marquez was slightly wobbled in round 10 but recovered nice.

If Marquez survivies round 12 he wins IMO
salvador
I thought Marquez won that round and I'm a bit stunned that Lampley seemed to give it to Pacquiao. I think Marquez wins the fight if he wins this round. What is Lampley talking about that Marquez needs a ko?
salvador
Fuck 'em if they give this to Pacquiao!

Fuck Lederman for giving the 12th to Pacquiao!!!!!!! What the hell is he watching???????
BigG
And Marquez wins rorund 12 and IMO wins the fight.
Jack 1000
Scores?

Jack
salvador
I fucking hate this sport!
torvix2000
Shit! Marquez got jobbed!!!
Mean Mister Mustard
You really mean that Torvix?
The CEO
Whatever...gonna watch this shit in the morning.

torvix2000
If these guys fight 10 times, it would also be split decision 10 times.

I hate these clash of styles!!! I thought pure puncher vs pure counter puncher would be a sight. Grrr!!!
Tha Docta
close fight. i have no problem with the decision.
torvix2000
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 16 2008, 04:18 AM) [snapback]382614[/snapback]
You really mean that Torvix?

It was the repeat of their first fight minus the knockdowns!!! Well, less knockdowns.

Jack 1000
Hype gave it to Manny by a point. It sounds like this could have gone either way.

Jack
BigG
That was fucking bullshit. Pacquiao is not P4P.
gods son
not impressed with pac...

i gave marquez the win with 1 round!!
gods son
pacman was gettin hut by marquez...

props to marquez i hope he walks out as a proud warrior!!!
torvix2000
Reviewing the fight again. I see that those rounds Marquez won, he won them big time. And boxing is scored round by round. Perhaps that's why Pac won. Marquez fought better tonight.
Mean Mister Mustard
The fight is going to require multiple viewings. Marquez should stay away from Guzman. Speed, as his age, will be Marquez's undoing.
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 04:24 AM) [snapback]382620[/snapback]

This, I don't agree with. These two fighters are excellent. Don't let relatively shitty performance cloud your judgment.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 16 2008, 12:26 AM) [snapback]382622[/snapback]
I am angry about the decision. Pacquiao living off luck. Beating up on washed up fighters and getting gifts.

are you serious?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:24 AM) [snapback]382620[/snapback]

do you think marquez sucks?
gods son
i hope pacman fights another top contender...will he move up????

Tha Docta
pac has to be on his way to fighting hatton soon. good money there.
BigG
Meaning Pacquiao is not the P4P king. People saying he could be ranked over Mayweather is laughable.

Fuck it, Marquez sonned Pacquiao tonight despite what the cards say.

Marquez>Pacman P4P.

I feel so bad for Marquez. He got knocked down, got up and won most of the rounds and gets screwed of his title. Whatever...
gods son
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 15 2008, 11:36 PM) [snapback]382633[/snapback]
Meaning Pacquiao is not the P4P king. People saying he could be ranked over Mayweather is laughable.

Marquez>Pacman P4P.

I feel so bad for Marquez. He got knocked down, got up and won most of the rounds and gets screwed of his title. Whatever...

praise be to George!!!!

Marquez deserved the fukkin WIN!!!!!!

but pacman is great for BOXING.....
JD
I had absolutely no problem with the decision at all...there were some tough rounds to score.

I had it 114-113 Marquez, but this was a tense, close, tightly fought, competitive battle. Very good fight...I had it a draw going into the 12th, and gave the last round to Marquez; but, again, I have no problem with the decision at all.

Very good fight.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:36 AM) [snapback]382633[/snapback]

Marquez>Pacman P4P.

it was a close fight. if marquez won the decision, pac fans would be bitching right now too.

and i dont think floyds faced anyone as good as marquez.
BrutalBodyShots
I scored it 115-112 for Marquez. I gave Marquez rounds 1 and 12 where Ledderman gave them to Pacquiao, and one of the middle rounds, maybe the 6th I again strongly disagreed with Harold. In the first round only 2 meaningful punches were landed... a solid right hand by Marquez and a nice body shot by Marquez that backed Pacquiao off. I thought the first round was a clear round for Marquez and Harold disagreed so from the start I was already questioning what he was watching.

And Steward needs to STFU... he was all over Pacquiao's nuts the entire night. The guy can't even speak correctly. Two "words" he said during tonights show were "gooder" and "rememberable" - unreal.

Lampley: Hard right hand by Marquez!
Steward: But Pacquiao is clearly the stronger fighter physically.

Shit like that above is what Steward was saying all night. I kept saying "who the fuck cares!?" every time Steward would speak.

There's no question that Marquez is the better fighter between the two. Pacquiao gets by with his speed and energy... I mean he's just a ball of energy in there but to me he looks sloppy as hell. I don't see all of these "improvements" that everyone is speaking out with respect to Pacquiao's game.

I think Marquez controlled the shit out of the fight... 80% of the fight was fought on his terms and the 20% that was fought on Pacquiao's "stand and trade" terms was because Marquez wanted to... it wasn't like Pacquiao was backing Marquez into the ropes and forcing it. Marquez landed the cleaner punches overall and I felt bothered Pacquiao much more with his shots overall. It's a shame Marquez didn't get the decision, because I really think he earned it.

CyruS
114-113 pacman dntknw.gif

Close fight. Tough rounds to score. Definently have to watch it again, probably end up having Marquez winning on 2nd viewing, pacman winning on 3rd laugh.gif

I think these 2 could end up fighting 100 times and end up with draws and split decisions every time out.
BigG
For the record I had it 8-4 Marquez...115-112. I honestly dont know where the judges found rounds to give to Pacquiao.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:46 AM) [snapback]382642[/snapback]
For the record I had it 8-4 Marquez...115-112. I honestly dont know where the judges found rounds to give to Pacquiao.

Neither do I. I didn't think there were any real close rounds in the fight. I'm one of the first guys around that is willing to score even rounds, and I do score even rounds rather regularly. There was no point after any round in this fight that I even for a second had to think about who won it and question scoring an even round.

Really the only rounds in the fight that I gave Pacquiao was obviously the knockdown round, 2 rounds where he rocked Marquez and one round that I just thought that Marquez took off around the 9th.
Method
I had absolutely no problem with the decision at all...there were some tough rounds to score.

I had it 114-113 Marquez, but this was a tense, close, tightly fought, competitive battle. Very good fight...I had it a draw going into the 12th, and gave the last round to Marquez; but, again, I have no problem with the decision at all.

Basically the way I had it. I really agree with Brutal's assessment of the fight too. Steward is a complete fucking joke at this point, and he really ruins broadcasts for me anymore...and its not even because I am a Marquez fan, because I am not...but Iknow what I see. I understand what I am watching, and this guy is just a complete moron, or has an agenda that always takes priortiy to calling it down the middle.

"Paq will never be outboxed"

Well, motherfucker, how the fuck do you think Marquez did it last time? Morales outboxed him the first fight. Paq not only can be outboxed, but that is the EXACT strategy required to beat him (assuming you can't outmuscle him, which, most people can't).

Add to that the comments Brutal made. I mean, Steward needs to be cut loose. I would much rather have Jim, Larry and Max in there. Cut Manny and Lennox the fuck out. Hell, get Roy back. But Manny is garbage.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 16 2008, 12:54 AM) [snapback]382650[/snapback]
Basically the way I had it. I really agree with Brutal's assessment of the fight too. Steward is a complete fucking joke at this point, and he really ruins broadcasts for me anymore...and its not even because I am a Marquez fan, because I am not...but Iknow what I see. I understand what I am watching, and this guy is just a complete moron, or has an agenda that always takes priortiy to calling it down the middle.

"Paq will never be outboxed"

Well, motherfucker, how the fuck do you think Marquez did it last time? Morales outboxed him the first fight. Paq not only can be outboxed, but that is the EXACT strategy required to beat him (assuming you can't outmuscle him, which, most people can't).

Add to that the comments Brutal made. I mean, Steward needs to be cut loose. I would much rather have Jim, Larry and Max in there. Cut Manny and Lennox the fuck out. Hell, get Roy back. But Manny is garbage.

LOL good call Method with the "Paq will never be outboxed" comment. When he said that I was like "is he fucking serious?!" Also twice in between rounds when then showed instant replays of Pacquiao landing left hands on Marquez, BOTH times the left hands landed between the nose and eyebrows of Marquez (basically the bridge of the nose) and BOTH times Steward said "beautiful straight left hand by Pacquiao RIGHT ON THE CHIN." LMAO, are you kidding me? The dude is watching the instant replay in slow motion on a HD screen 2 feet in front of him and he can't tell the difference between a chin shot and a shot to the lower forehead? What a joke.
Mean Mister Mustard
Did Steward say at the end of the fight that it went right like he thought it would?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.