Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And New.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
CreDog
It's been a bad month for the Marquez brothers... Let's be frank (honest..lol), it was the right decision.

Even Jaime Quintana reaction wasn't the same as with the Vasquez vs Marquez decision.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 16 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]382684[/snapback]
It's been a bad month for the Marquez brothers... Let's be frank (honest..lol), it was the right decision.
Even Jaime Quintana reaction wasn't the same as with the Vasquez vs Marquez decision.

Pac better send the those two judges a thank you card giving him the W.

Marquez whooped that ass tonight.
BigG
Pacuqiao is certainly the new champion but that wasn't the right decision IMO.
kidbazooka1
Pac maybe the new champion but he sure ain't the right one.
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]382689[/snapback]
Pac maybe the new champion but he sure ain't the right one.

Sure... Just llike Manny didn't lose the first fight with Morales.....

Get over it.... this wasn't a Pernel vs JCC decison. Shit, it wasn't even a Shane vs Oscar 1 or 2 decision.

You can't fucking base winning a fight because you didn't get knocked the fuck out. Is that what your basing your decision off of??

check boxrec and tell me who they have winning the fight. It's official.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 16 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]382696[/snapback]
Sure... Just llike Manny didn't lose the first fight with Morales.....

Get over it.... this wasn't a Pernel vs JCC decison. Shit, it wasn't even a Shane vs Oscar 1 or 2 decision.

You can't fucking base winning a fight because you didn't get knocked the fuck out. Is that what your basing your decision off of??

check boxrec and tell me who they have winning the fight. It's official.

Go ahead keep trying to convince youself.
torvix2000
Let's get over it. These two guys will produce 10 split decisions out of 10 fights. Unless Marquez learns how not to get knocked down and Pac learns how to avoid those punches.

And who would you want to go out?

Pac always try to close out any fight. I mean, if he just run away from round 5 and force the referee to disqualify both of them for not fighting... who would win. For christsake...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 16 2008, 03:23 AM) [snapback]382698[/snapback]
Let's get over it. These two guys will produce 10 split decisions out of 10 fights. Unless Marquez learns how not to get knocked down and Pac learns how to avoid those punches.

And who would you want to go out?

Pac always try to close out any fight. I mean, if he just run away from round 5 and force the referee to disqualify both of them for not fighting... who would win. For christsake...

Marquez finished stronger in the 2th than Manny did.
BigG
Yeah, I thought Marquez won the last 2 rounds.
mexi-cutioner
I had the fight dead even at 6-6 with Pac winning by 1 point cause of the deduction, it was very close and couldve gone either way. Alot of ppl thot marquez won alot of rounds because he was the better pure boxer but i could see why others gave pacquiao those same rounds cause he had the harder more effective shots. When Marquez won a round however, it was very clear, MUCH more clear than many of the rounds pacquiao won. I scored it:
Pac-rd1
JMM-rd2
Pac-rd3
Pac-rd4
Jmm-rd5
jmm-rd6
Pac-rd7
jmm-rd8
pac-rd9
pac-rd10
jmm-rd11
jmm-rd12

Great fight, the fact it was so close made it that much more entertaining to watch, in the end i knew it coulda gone either way

ps kidbazooka1: quit hating on pac tongue.gif
BigG
How on earth did you give Manny round 7?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 03:43 AM) [snapback]382703[/snapback]

Easy because he's pinoy.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 15 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]382707[/snapback]
Easy because he's pinoy.

love you too kidbazooka friends.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 07:43 AM) [snapback]382703[/snapback]

He could have given round 11 to Pac and given round 7 to Marquez.
torvix2000
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 07:55 AM) [snapback]382707[/snapback]
Easy because he's pinoy.

The two judges must have been pinoys, too since they allowed Pac to win.
BigG
Round 7 was a clear Marquez round.

Round 11 was not a clear Pacquiao round.
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 16 2008, 08:05 AM) [snapback]382715[/snapback]
Round 7 was a clear Marquez round.

Round 11 was not a clear Pacquiao round.

Yes! It was being said all along. That Marquez won clearly some rounds while Pac won closely some rounds.

And remember, Mexicutioner is a Pinoy. LOL!

It's really fun discussing this fight but I have gotten over it. I don't want a trilogy. These two fighters will simply piss us off more.

I hated Pac when he couldn't close off the fight after decking Marquez. But then again, Marquez opted not to knock Pacquiao out in round 8 after hurting Pac big time by a body shot.

Someone trying to go for a knockout but couldn't do it... and the other one could have scored a knockout but not trying to do it.

Next time around, they will have a different story... and another split decision. So no. I don't want a third match.
Imperius3
I'm very disappointed with the judges tonight. Marquez won and should be the champ.

No, it's not Pacquiao's fault the judges robbed Marquez. He can take the W. Who wouldn't? In my eyes though (and many others) he lost this fight along with the first fight with Marquez. He will always carry that with him.
Zeke
Well I guess a win is a win. . . . I'm a fan of Marquez, but i think Pacquiao deserves it anyway. . . beach.gif
torvix2000
QUOTE(Zeke @ Mar 16 2008, 08:34 AM) [snapback]382727[/snapback]
Well I guess a win is a win. . . . I'm a fan of Marquez, but i think Pacquiao deserves it anyway. . . beach.gif

LOL! Another Pinoy here.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Mar 16 2008, 04:24 AM) [snapback]382719[/snapback]
I'm very disappointed with the judges tonight. Marquez won and should be the champ.

No, it's not Pacquiao's fault the judges robbed Marquez. He can take the W. Who wouldn't? In my eyes though (and many others) he lost this fight along with the first fight with Marquez. He will always carry that with him.

Im not blaming Manny it was those piece sh*t judges that gave him the W. Manny should invite those two judges to his filipino parade and maybe even take them out for some lumpias, pansit and palabok they deserve it.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 16 2008, 04:36 AM) [snapback]382729[/snapback]
LOL! Another Pinoy here.

Damn you beat me to the punch.
D-MARV
Im upset with the decision as well. I had Marquez 115-112 but they gave it to Manny Pac! But going in to the fight I knew that Marquez Would have to win at least 9 or 10 rounds in order to get this win. Anything close was going to Manny Pac, And he dont even wanna give the man a rematch. Sucks! he'll fight David Diaz and win. Let's hope that he'ell go after Nate Campbell and get Knocked the Fvck Out!
The CEO
This was a very close fight...and I personally think it should be "And Still"...Pacquiao just didn't do enough to wrangle the belt from Marquez' grip....

I called 11 an even round.
torvix2000
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 16 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]382782[/snapback]
This was a very close fight...and I personally think it should be "And Still"...Pacquiao just didn't do enough to wrangle the belt from Marquez' grip....

I called 11 an even round.

I've given round 11 to Pacquiao after rewatching it. But the judges don't have this luxury. Perhaps, the reason why so much disparity in scoring.

Agree with Pac not taking the belt from Juan.
BrutalBodyShots
I started a poll for people to vote for who they scored the fight for. I have a feeling we're going to see that based on popular opinion the official decision was the wrong decision.

Nobudius
lol
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 03:39 AM) [snapback]382730[/snapback]
Im not blaming Manny it was those piece sh*t judges that gave him the W. Manny should invite those two judges to his filipino parade and maybe even take them out for some lumpias, pansit and palabok they deserve it.

I agree with you guys to an extent because it was such a closely contested fight but on the other hand Manny brought the fight to Marquez scored a knockdown and landed the the harder shots, if your going to wait to counter all night you better not get knock down and he did which in reality swings the fight in the aggressors favor. So I agree with the decision because if your going to fight a defensive fight you better look good doing it. (example) Pretty Boy, B.Hop, or James Toney When motivated
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ Mar 16 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]382817[/snapback]
I agree with you guys to an extent because it was such a closely contested fight but on the other hand Manny brought the fight to Marquez scored a knockdown and landed the the harder shots, if your going to wait to counter all night you better not get knock down and he did which in reality swings the fight in the aggressors favor. So I agree with the decision because if your going to fight a defensive fight you better look good doing it. (example) Pretty Boy, B.Hop, or James Toney When motivated

How do you figure that Pacquiao landed the "harder" shots? They both landed hard shots and were both hurt roughly the same amount of times during the fight. Just because Marquez was knocked down once outside of that round in and of itself has NOTHING to do with the fight. For you to suggest that Marquez got knocked down so he should lose being a counter punching fighter is pretty lame.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 16 2008, 02:30 PM) [snapback]382824[/snapback]
How do you figure that Pacquiao landed the "harder" shots? They both landed hard shots and were both hurt roughly the same amount of times during the fight. Just because Marquez was knocked down once outside of that round in and of itself has NOTHING to do with the fight. For you to suggest that Marquez got knocked down so he should lose being a counter punching fighter is pretty lame.

were any of you guys at this fight? its obvious whos a fan of who from reading these posts. i had no rooting interest in either fighter and i saw a damn close fight. its impossible to tell from your couch whos landing the harder punches. both fighters got staggered from punches, but it seemed that manny's punches put marquez on queer street when he landed flush. again, a damn close fight, i wouldnt have argued the decision either way. but when people start whining about a robbery it just seems idiotic.
BrutalBodyShots
I personally define a "robbery" as a fight where a guy wins by 4 or more points in most views but the decision goes the other way. My scorecard was 115-112, so a 3 point win for Marquez... the fact that it went the other way by my definition means this wasn't a robbery. However, I do truly believe that the decision did go the wrong way and that the wrong man was awarded the victory... but that's not a "robbery." It would seem that most agree with my view as 75% in the poll thread had Marquez winning, 25% had Pacquiao winning.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 16 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]382837[/snapback]
I personally define a "robbery" as a fight where a guy wins by 4 or more points in most views but the decision goes the other way. My scorecard was 115-112, so a 3 point win for Marquez... the fact that it went the other way by my definition means this wasn't a robbery. However, I do truly believe that the decision did go the wrong way and that the wrong man was awarded the victory... but that's not a "robbery." It would seem that most agree with my view as 75% in the poll thread had Marquez winning, 25% had Pacquiao winning.

i think its clear that a majority of the people posting were rooting for marquez. maxboxings round by round had manny winning 114-113. and 2 judges that were actually at the fight scored it for manny. i wouldnt have had a problem with either guy winning the fight so I dont think the wrong man won.
Thegreatequalizer
i haven't seen the fight yet, but what did jmm say after the fight? did he say he got robbed? i just thought it would be funny if he lost graciously even though it seems the majority feel he clearly won the fight while r. marquez complained vehemently that he had won his fight vazquez even though he clearly didn't.
Jack 1000
I'll see it next week! I can't wait.

But when a fight is so close or down to a 7-5 split either way, how is that a robbery? Maybe this raises another issue. Should their be more even rounds in boxing? Now if you examine the conventional 10-9 system and you have two judges that give a CLOSE 1st and 2nd round to Manny (using this fight as example) That already puts Marquez two points down 20-18 on the scorecards. I wouldn't want fractional rounds for the loser (i.e 10-9.5.) This just confuses matters. But I think that more 10-10 rounds should be given. But as I think I mentioned in the round by round thread, all the USA jurisdictions encourage their judges not to use 10-10 rounds.

I never believed that even rounds scored 10-10 were this boxing cancer that the USA makes them out to be. Other countries have even rounds. The sanctioning bodies outside of the USA seem to not have a problem with them, so they could be used more. Right now, under a 10-Point Must System There is no clear distinction between a "robbery" that ends in a 115-113 card, and a close decision that ends in 115-113.

I really like the idea if judges could record a comment about the round and why they scored as they did. It doesn't have to be during the fight because that could take away concentration time. But have the judges who would be willing to talk about the scoring, the opportunity to do that.

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Mar 16 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]382841[/snapback]
i haven't seen the fight yet, but what did jmm say after the fight? did he say he got robbed?

Pretty much. He basically said outside of the round that he was knocked down in he won the majority of the rounds, landed the better shots, controlled the fight, etc. He felt he won the fight.

torvix2000
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 16 2008, 07:09 PM) [snapback]382837[/snapback]
It would seem that most agree with my view as 75% in the poll thread had Marquez winning, 25% had Pacquiao winning.

How about if I invite a lot of people who favored Pacquiao?

A lot of people here also thought that Marquez won their first fight. But you, yourself, in some previous posts admitted that Pac won it. Had you created a poll, then it would have said that Marquez won the first fight.
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 02:39 AM) [snapback]382730[/snapback]

It's obvious that you are one ignorant idiot. In 5 years, when you're still living in your grandma's basement, you'll check boxrec.com and see that Manny won the fight. I DVR'd the fight and have watched it a few times and scored the fight for Manny, ALBEIT, giving all the close rounds to JM

You are a little bitch for talking shit about someone's culture... Man up and tell me what nationality you are... and no American doesn't count moron. I'll make sure I talk shit about something I'm sure will strike a chord.

Do us all a favor and keep your dumb-ass opinions to yourself shit head.

Big Slim Sweet
I thought it was a close fight and scored it 114-113 for Marquez but have no problem with the official decision. It's not like one judge gave it to Pac 117-110 or something. The cards were all reasonable.

Seeing how pissed the decision has made some people here actually makes me kinda happy it went down like that. LOL.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 16 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]382896[/snapback]
It's obvious that you are one ignorant idiot. In 5 years, when you're still living in your grandma's basement, you'll check boxrec.com and see that Manny won the fight. I DVR'd the fight and have watched it a few times and scored the fight for Manny, ALBEIT, giving all the close rounds to JM

You are a little bitch for talking shit about someone's culture... Man up and tell me what nationality you are... and no American doesn't count moron. I'll make sure I talk shit about something I'm sure will strike a chord.

Do us all a favor and keep your dumb-ass opinions to yourself shit head.

What the f*ck is wrong with you you piece of sh*t.

Tell me how the f*ck am I talking sh*t about someone's culture you dumb f*ck? I mentioned filipino foods thats all you f*cking idiot.

Im mexican born in the US my fiancee is 100% pinay from Baguio City. I've been to the Phillipines twice and love the culture and food. I was just f*cking stateing my opinion on the decision. My beef is not with Manny it's wiht his ignorant fans who don't know sh*t about the sport yet think he's the GOAT.

Unlike you you piece of sh*t I've been here for a long time longer than my account shows and am a fan of boxing overall not just one muthaf*cking fighter like you Credog who only comes on here when Pac fights juts like many of his ignorant fans.

Yes I rememeber that racist muthaf*cker jermaine and If I remind you of him Fitz thats some pretty f*cked up sh*t because you and I both know Im nothing like that muthaf*cker. I root for the fighters I like and whan a mexican gets whooped I'll call it how it is.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]382907[/snapback]
I never said you were racist, and I certainly don't believe you are. I just think the both of yous were extremely passionate for fighters with the same heritage as yourself. You love Mexican fighters, and he loved black fighters. There is nothing wrong with it, but at times I think because of how strongly you feel of your own fighters, it clouds your judgment at times. I'm not having a go at you, or implying you are a racist, but you can be biased towards Mexican fighters, even if you don't see it yourself. That's all I'm saying.

Anybody can be baised towards fighter that share there heritage. If im correct you were the same with Darchinyan at times. I root for the mexican fighter if I like him but not awlays for example when MAB fought Manny the 2nd time I predicted Pac would win and didn't give MAB much of a chance same thing when Manny fought Morales the 3rd time.

Like I said I can call it like it is just because a fighter is mexican won't cloud my judgement but if I feel like he really won then i will call it like that.

Jermaine was pro black and nothing else. If you wanna go back to early 2002 when I first joined the BT forum(kidbazooka without the 1) you can see that I have Marvin Hagler in my top 5 favorite fighters of all time. As a matter of fact my top 10 favorite fighters consists of 4 afro/american fighters.
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]382903[/snapback]

Tell me how the f*ck am I talking sh*t about someone's culture you dumb f*ck? I mentioned filipino foods thats all you f*cking idiot.

Im mexican born in the US my fiancee is 100% pinay from Baguio City. I've been to the Phillipines twice and love the culture and food. I was just f*cking stateing my opinion on the decision. My beef is not with Manny it's wiht his ignorant fans who don't know sh*t about the sport yet think he's the GOAT.

Unlike you you piece of sh*t I've been here for a long time longer than my account shows and am a fan of boxing overall not just one muthaf*cking fighter like you Credog who only comes on here when Pac fights juts like many of his ignorant fans.

Yes I rememeber that racist muthaf*cker jermaine and If I remind you of him Fitz thats some pretty f*cked up sh*t because you and I both know Im nothing like that muthaf*cker. I root for the fighters I like and whan a mexican gets whooped I'll call it how it is.

Who gives a shit how many posts you've had and how long you've been here you douchebag.... If you've made thousands of posts that are garbage--- who cares. You are just like those keyboard warriors who do nothing but posts trash and brag about how many posts they made. It's quality vs quantity.

You don't know me as I don't know you. I've been a RABID fan of boxing way before Manny..... I'm the guy who buys Ibragimov vs Briggs, Latin Fury cards-- watches Solo Boxeo even though I don't speak Spanish.

I don't care if you disagree with the decision... You obviously are entitled to your opinion, but when you make a non-sensical posts about someones ethnicity then you are a moron.

I'll give you an example-- Oscar should take out the judges who gave him the decision vs Sturm to taco bell and buy them some gorditas and chalupas... Jermain Taylor should take the judges out for fried chicken and watermelon for that gift decision.... Does this make sense??? It sounds like your intent wasn't to offend but....

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 17 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]382937[/snapback]
Who gives a shit how many posts you've had and how long you've been here you douchebag.... If you've made thousands of posts that are garbage--- who cares. You are just like those keyboard warriors who do nothing but posts trash and brag about how many posts they made. It's quality vs quantity.

You don't know me as I don't know you. I've been a RABID fan of boxing way before Manny..... I'm the guy who buys Ibragimov vs Briggs, Latin Fury cards-- watches Solo Boxeo even though I don't speak Spanish.

I don't care if you disagree with the decision... You obviously are entitled to your opinion, but when you make a non-sensical posts about someones ethnicity then you are a moron.

I'll give you an example-- Oscar should take out the judges who gave him the decision vs Sturm to taco bell and buy them some gorditas and chalupas... Jermain Taylor should take the judges out for fried chicken and watermelon for that gift decision.... Does this make sense??? It sounds like your intent wasn't to offend but....

Your a funny muthaf*cker.LOL

I did not mean to offend anyone. Like I said my girl is pinay and my little boy is half filipino so it will be pretty f*cking stupid for me to bash the filipino heritage.

My opinion just like most of the people here and most other forums is that the fight was close but the clear cut winner was Marquez but unfortunatley the judges took the win from him. I actually mentioned those foods because they are my favorite filipino dishes especailly palabok.

As for quality vs quantity well Im pretty well schooled in boxing Im not saying im the most knowledgable muthaf*cker here but I know my sh*t. Old school/new school it doesn't matter.

We have had many Pac fans that come on here days before his fights start talking sh*t and then leave shortly after and don't return until the next pac fight. Having seen that you just joined days before the fight I thought you were just another troll but if Im wrong we'll see right?
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 16 2008, 11:22 PM) [snapback]382903[/snapback]

Calm Down Guys either way we got our money's worth it was a flat out good fight, not great but good.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ Mar 17 2008, 01:50 PM) [snapback]382958[/snapback]
Calm Down Guys either way we got our money's worth it was a flat out good fight, not great but good.

I thought it was great.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 17 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]382961[/snapback]
I thought it was great.

me too, it was intense. not only skilled fighters, but smart fighters.
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 17 2008, 12:25 PM) [snapback]382956[/snapback]
Your a funny muthaf*cker.LOL

I did not mean to offend anyone. Like I said my girl is pinay and my little boy is half filipino so it will be pretty f*cking stupid for me to bash the filipino heritage.

My opinion just like most of the people here and most other forums is that the fight was close but the clear cut winner was Marquez but unfortunatley the judges took the win from him. I actually mentioned those foods because they are my favorite filipino dishes especailly palabok.

As for quality vs quantity well Im pretty well schooled in boxing Im not saying im the most knowledgable muthaf*cker here but I know my sh*t. Old school/new school it doesn't matter.

We have had many Pac fans that come on here days before his fights start talking sh*t and then leave shortly after and don't return until the next pac fight. Having seen that you just joined days before the fight I thought you were just another troll but if Im wrong we'll see right?

Bottom line is your entitled to your opinion. It was a close fight and you and I can agree to disagree about who won the fight... One thing that's for sure is that it was a great fight with high drama.

I don't diss other nationalities or ethnicities because I know how defensive I am when it comes to mine.... yes you are right---there are many PacFans who like Pacman and don't know $hit about boxing.....

Like I stated in my earlier post... I'm sure your intention wasn't to diss Filipinos-- especially if your son is Filipino.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 16 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]382891[/snapback]
How about if I invite a lot of people who favored Pacquiao?

Invite? This is an open forum, so EVERYONE is invited to vote. I didn't say "Marquez fans please vote for who you feel won the fight." LOL. There's no reason to believe that THIS forum has any more Marquez fans with respect to Pacquiao fans than any other forum. This forum isn't a link off of a Marquez web site or something. The results of the poll on this forum should emulate the results of the same poll on other boxing forums. There's no evidence to suggest otherwise.

QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Mar 16 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]382891[/snapback]
A lot of people here also thought that Marquez won their first fight. But you, yourself, in some previous posts admitted that Pac won it. Had you created a poll, then it would have said that Marquez won the first fight.

I don't follow your train of thought there at all. Please explain.

FenderDG3
This is a little off topic... I undertand that it is a filipino dish, but what exactally is palabok?
Don Flamenco
Not a really big fan of it. It's made with noodles and gravy on top. Everyone's entitled to what they like to eat but I think it's disgusting.

I only saw from 8th round on and wasn't really trying to score the fight. I'll have to score the fight when they replay it this weekend.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Mar 17 2008, 04:49 PM) [snapback]382987[/snapback]
Not a really big fan of it. It's made with noodles and gravy on top. Everyone's entitled to what they like to eat but I think it's disgusting.

I only saw from 8th round on and wasn't really trying to score the fight. I'll have to score the fight when they replay it this weekend.

Thanks, I'll have to try that sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.