Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jowett Pipes investigated for fight rigging
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Jowett Pipes' controversial career took another twist today when it emerged he will be investigated by the boxing commissions for allegedly throwing his fight against Allan Green. The unmarked Pipes was behind on points but his decision to retire on his stool caused outrage, both at ringside and the world over.

He wasn't hurt at any point in the fight and he was still fresh so why did he quit?

Manager Maxy Krumbsnatcher said, "He sat down and I told him he needed a huge round to get a draw...he then shook his head and told me he wouldn't be going out for the last round! I was absolutely stunned....in all my years in the sport I have never seen anything like it. I could understand if he was exhausted or had been battered but he was unmarked, he hadn't been in any sort of trouble and there simply wasn't a reason for him to quit. I'm dumfounded by it all."

Pipes has thus far refused to speak to the media but an unnamed source close to the former world middleweight champion told us, "It seems Jowett has been mixing with the wrong people and the rumour is that he threw the fight to cash in on a massive gambling syndicate who had offered him ridiculous money to quit on his stool. The odds against that were pretty big so this rumour has a lot of substance to it."

It is understood that an official investigation has been launched. More later.....
Blayde
Well this performance of Pipes will definitely go down in the history of our sport biggrin.gif
BigG
Jones Jr.

"He aint got no heart!"
Maxy
Jowett Pipes has been suspended from boxing pending the outcome of the investigation into the alleged fight rigging. Officials claim to have video evidence of him taking a bribe from an as yet unknown suspect. The incident was captured on a mobile phone from a Carlos Maussa fan somewhere in New Jersey!
The CEO
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 16 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]382822[/snapback]
Jowett Pipes has been suspended from boxing pending the outcome of the investigation into the alleged fight rigging. Officials claim to have video evidence of him taking a bribe from an as yet unknown suspect. The incident was captured on a mobile phone from a Carlos Maussa fan somewhere in New Jersey!

laugh.gif

yes2.gif

Karmic Justice!
Maxy
Pipes HATES all Insanity International fighters and has gone on record to say he "will never lose to one" but as his career is currently in jeopardy it is unknown at this time whether he will be able to back up his boasts by actually facing one of them in the ring.

Pipes has not spoken to the media since the fight rigging allegations were made but a friend of his said, "Jowett will be back and he'll be kickin' ass all over again!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.