Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How did you score Pacquiao-Marquez II?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
BrutalBodyShots
No need for commentary in this thread... just vote for who you scored the fight for. Feel free to list your score as well if you'd like.

I had it 115-112 Marquez.

D-MARV
115-112 Marquez
The CEO
115-114 Marquez
BigG
115-112 Marquez
hardhead
114-113 Pacqiuo
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
115-112 for Marquez
kidbazooka1
115-112 for Marquez.
Imperius3
Round 1: Marquez 10-9
Round 2: Marquez 10-9
Round 3: Pacquiao 10-8
Round 4: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 5: Marquez 10-9
Round 6: Marquez 10-9
Round 7: Marquez 10-9
Round 8: Marquez 10-9
Round 9: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 10: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 11: Marquez 10-9
Round 12: Marquez 10-9

115-112 Marquez
mexi-cutioner
114-113....and NEW wbc and ring magazine superfeatherweight world champion!!!!! lol
yeah i had Pac up by 1 pt
mexboxing
115-112 Marquez.
Bazooka Limon
115-112 for Marquez
Blayde
114-113 Marquez
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 16 2008, 08:30 PM) [snapback]382877[/snapback]
I didn't score the fight properly, but I know that I can count all the rounds with one hand that Pacquiao won. Hell, if I had one missing finger, I could still probably count the rounds Pacquiao won with one hand.

Off memory, the first round was close and was a feel out round, but Marquez took that with big shots in the end. Definitely his round. I gave Pacquiao round 3 and 4. Then I think he had a good round 9. Those are the 3 definite rounds I think were for Pacquiao. I may have given him one more, but I think at most I probably found 4 rounds to give to Pacquiao. It was a really crappy decision.

you say the first round was close but it was definately marquez's round?? i have to watch the fight again, but i remember manny hitting marquez with straight lefts to his gut. round 10 was also mannys round i believe. sounds like you gave marquez every close round. and with a fight this close, i dont understand how it can be a crappy decision. Unless of course you were rooting for marquez, which i think you were.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 17 2008, 09:32 AM) [snapback]382926[/snapback]
Well. I seem to fall into a 'majority' that think it was a crappy decision.

I have a feeling that a "majority" of people on this board were rooting for marquez.
JD
I think Casamayor - Santa Cruz was crappy.

This was close and went one way when it could have just as easily gone the other.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 17 2008, 10:25 AM) [snapback]382928[/snapback]
I think Casamayor - Santa Cruz was crappy.

This was close and went one way when it could have just as easily gone the other.

i agree. i honestly wouldnt have been disappointed if either guy had won. i thought it was an awesome fight.
JD
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 17 2008, 10:31 AM) [snapback]382932[/snapback]
i agree. i honestly wouldnt have been disappointed if either guy had won. i thought it was an awesome fight.

I agree.

I had no problem with the decision, just as I would have had no problem had Marquez gotten the nod. On so many cards, if you flip one close round - the winner changes.
Big Slim Sweet
That's a problem with this board. Guys get so passionate about the fighters they're rooting for they'll call practically any decision that doesn't fall their way a robbery.

I think any level-headed fight fan can tell the difference between a decision like this one, and a decision like Casamayor-Santa Cruz or DHop-Forbes. Pacquaio-Marquez 2 was NOT a robbery.

And yes, Docta, the majority of posters here were rooting for Marquez going in I'm pretty sure. That's certainly how it felt to me reading threads in the days leading up to the fight. There's been an increasing anti-Pac sentiment over the years in response to his fans who only pop up on the boards for his big fights. Personally, I don't get why someone would let their opinion of a fighter's fans outweigh their opinion of the fighter himself.
BigG
For Pacquiao to win, you'd have to give him at least 6 rounds...

Theres round 3 obviously...maybe round 4...theres round 10.....and MAYBE 11...other then that I think it would be hard to find rounds to give to Pacquiao.

Thats my personal opinion. I think Marquez had the edge in most rounds.

IMO you'd really have to be geenrous to give Pacman 6 rounds in that fight.

And the judge that gave Manny 7 rounds..INCLUDING the 12th round..was ridiculous IMO.
BrutalBodyShots
I don't think the fight was a "robbery" just that it was a close fight with a clear winner. Kind of like Mosley-DLH I. It was a close fight (2 point fight) but Mosley CLEARLY won.

Imperius3
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 17 2008, 09:23 AM) [snapback]382927[/snapback]
I have a feeling that a "majority" of people on this board were rooting for marquez.

Before the fight I wanted the best man to win. Nothing more, nothing less. Didn't matter who.

At the end of the fight I (along with the majority) felt that Marquez was the better man and clearly won the fight. It's very disappointing that the right man didn't get the decision. However, it was still a GREAT fight and an instant classic.
JakeNDaBox
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 17 2008, 10:34 AM) [snapback]382933[/snapback]
I agree.

I had no problem with the decision, just as I would have had no problem had Marquez gotten the nod. On so many cards, if you flip one close round - the winner changes.

my thoughts exactly.

that said, my card:

Round 1*: Marquez 10-9
Round 7*: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 9*: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 11*: Marquez 10-9

114-113 Marquez
(* denotes close rounds that (IMO) could be scored either way with little dispute)
hardhead
This fight reminds me of Morales/Barrera I, classic fight one of the best of all time for me personally but what people forget is that many felt Barrera should've gotten the nod in a very close back and forth fight..
torvix2000
QUOTE(hardhead @ Mar 18 2008, 04:35 PM) [snapback]383094[/snapback]
This fight reminds me of Morales/Barrera I, classic fight one of the best of all time for me personally but what people forget is that many felt Barrera should've gotten the nod in a very close back and forth fight..

And since there is a balance between those who love them, the debate is also balanced.

torvix2000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 19 2008, 04:16 AM) [snapback]383135[/snapback]
Not really.

Who had more supporters? Morales or Barrera? I remembered the discussion to be even. Rooted for Marco and kinda thought that he was robbed. And when Morales got screwed, I rooted for Morales the next time.
torvix2000
It was pretty much balanced anyway.

By the way, perhaps Marquez's head was just not getting shoved enough because he's bracing for the impact but at ringside the judges were seeing these:

jerika27
After the tremendous action fight they waged in their disputed 2004 draw, nobody should be at all surprised that when Pacquiao and Marquez finally met in a rematch, they produced another enthralling, bloody and dramatic fight for the ages. We'll certainly be talking about it at the end of the year when it comes time to pick the fight of the year.

It could have gone either way -- they are so perfectly matched that virtually every round was close other than the third round, in which Pacquiao nailed Marquez with a left hand and knocked him down. The 12th round was also a big Marquez round.

The disturbing thing was to hear the crybaby Marquez camp whining and complaining endlessly about the decision as though it was scandalous. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. It's one thing to proclaim victory and express disappointment in a close decision loss. It's another to imply that some kind of shadowy element had it in for you and that the judging was somehow not on the up and up. The Marquez camp was almost as bad a few weeks ago when Rafael Marquez, Juan's brother, lost a tough decision in his rubber match with Israel Vazquez.

There are fights in which certain scores are mind-blowing and you really have to question the competency of the judges. This was not one of them. It was merely a razor-close fight that was awesome to watch because it had many close rounds. Marquez really has only himself to blame for the defeat. If he didn't get knocked down, the fight would have been a draw and he would have kept his title. Sure, many ringside media had it for Marquez, but only by a point or two, and even those who had him winning didn't complain about the official decision.
thehype
QUOTE(JakeNDaBox @ Mar 18 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]383081[/snapback]
my thoughts exactly.

that said, my card:

Round 1*: Marquez 10-9
Round 7*: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 9*: Pacquiao 10-9
Round 11*: Marquez 10-9

114-113 Marquez
(* denotes close rounds that (IMO) could be scored either way with little dispute)

That's pretty much exactly how I saw it...I think in my round-by-round, I even tabbed the exact same rounds as being close.

I scored it 114-113 for Pacquiao. In fact, with the exception of Round 1, we scored every single round the same.

Good to know that great minds think alike.

laugh.gif

For those that don't know, JakeNDaBox is...oh wait, maybe I should ask him before I reveal his identity.

Anyway, he's a very good and respected writer from another website.

Jake...it's been way too long bro...we gotta get together one of these days.

But like I said before, I think we should reserve the word "robbery" for fights like Santa Cruz vs. Casamayor. To say this was a robbery is kind of an insult to both fighters, particularly Pacquiao who I thought actually performed much better in the rematch than he did in the first fight (where I thought other than the first round, he pretty much got schooled).

It was a close fight. Could Marquez have been awarded the decision? Absolutley. Could Pacquiao have been awarded the decision? Absolutely. Could it have been another draw? Absolutely. But hey, as a fighter, that's why you shouldn't want the fight to go the scorecards. With three different judges sitting in three different locations, a fight that close can produce a number of different outcomes.
kidbazooka1
The Ring Magazine scored the fight for Marquez 115-113.

Manny and his fans should want the rematch just as much as Marquez because almost everyone believed Marquez won. If Manny wants to be remembered as the better fighter he needs to beat Marquez as of now Marquez looks to be the better fighter between the two.
Don Flamenco

Round 1. 9-10 PAC
Round 2. 10-9 JMM
Round 3. 8-10 PAC
Round 4. 9-10 PAC
Round 5. 10-9 JMM
Round 6. 10-9 JMM
Round 7. 10-9 JMM
Round 8. 10-9 JMM
Round 9. 9-10 PAC
Round 10. 9-10 PAC
Round 11. 10-9 JMM
Round 12. 10-9 JMM

114-113 JMM
rlite23
I have watched the fight twice now. Same result.

115-112
Marquez

Great fight!

I have Marquez 2-0 against Manny now.

In my opinion, Marquez is pretty much unbeaten. I felt he did enough to beat Norwood and He was robbed against John for sure. I guess his 1st loss was his pro debut by DQ'd..I guess we can throw that out the window huh?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 19 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]383174[/snapback]
The Ring Magazine scored the fight for Marquez 115-113.

Manny and his fans should want the rematch just as much as Marquez because almost everyone believed Marquez won. If Manny wants to be remembered as the better fighter he needs to beat Marquez as of now Marquez looks to be the better fighter between the two.

almost everyone believes marquez won?? thats not a true statement. at the end of the day, manny has the victory over marquez. whether JMM fans like yourself accept that or not, it doesnt really matter. manny will definately be remembered as the better fighter. JMM's best victory is over an aging barrera. i think the man couldve been great, but he squandered his prime.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 22 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]383403[/snapback]
almost everyone believes marquez won?? thats not a true statement. at the end of the day, manny has the victory over marquez. whether JMM fans like yourself accept that or not, it doesnt really matter. manny will definately be remembered as the better fighter. JMM's best victory is over an aging barrera. i think the man couldve been great, but he squandered his prime.

ESPN's Brian kenny also had it for Marquez at 115-112.

So far Marquez has fought a draw with Manny and lost a contorversial decision that most experts and fight fans thought he clearly won. For those in the know Marquez will go down as the better fighter bewtween the two doesn't matter if Manny got that gift win. Pac fans like youself are just trying to convince youselfs that Manny deserved the win but unless Manny gives him the 3rd fight and beats him convincingly he has not proven that he is better than Marquez.
kidbazooka1

So far Marquez has fought a draw with Manny and lost a contorversial decision that most experts and fight fans thought he clearly won. For those in the know Marquez will go down as the better fighter bewtween the two doesn't matter if Manny got that gift win. Pac fans like youself are just trying to convince youselfs that Manny deserved the win but unless Manny gives him the 3rd fight and beats him convincingly he has not proven that he is better than Marquez.
kidbazooka1

Tha Docta
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 22 2008, 03:42 PM) [snapback]383421[/snapback]

i had no rooting interest in the fight, unlike yourself. if the first round in the first fight was scored correctly, pac wouldve won that as well. i believe the experts are split as to who won this fight. maxboxings round by round had it for manny. its mostly JMM fans that are calling this a gift win. head to head these guys will always have close fights, but when they both retire and their careers are looked at, manny's resume will be stronger and he will be considered the better fighter. i know that breaks your heart.
Imperius3
Docta needs to give me whatever he is smokin.

How will Pacquiao be remembered as the better fighter when he has lost to Marquez twice now? You can also argue that Marquez should be undefeated in ALL of his fights as well.

You Pacmaniacs are ridiculous. Oh well, most rational people know the real score.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 22 2008, 04:26 PM) [snapback]383422[/snapback]
i had no rooting interest in the fight, unlike yourself. if the first round in the first fight was scored correctly, pac wouldve won that as well. i believe the experts are split as to who won this fight. maxboxings round by round had it for manny. its mostly JMM fans that are calling this a gift win. head to head these guys will always have close fights, but when they both retire and their careers are looked at, manny's resume will be stronger and he will be considered the better fighter. i know that breaks your heart.

Manny's has been extremly lucky to have gotten MAB and Morales on the way out and even at that Morales still was able to whoop him the 1st go around.

Your delusional bro, how is Manny gonna be remembered as the better fighter over Marquez when almost every knowledgable fight fan and expert thought Marquez clearly won the fights?

Boxingtalk
Yahoo's Kevin Iole
The Ring Magazine
ESPN's Brian Kenny
Boxrec
And countless other sites all had Marquez winning the fight.

When it's all said and done Marquez will be the one fighter that people look at and say Manny could never really beat that guy.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 22 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]383424[/snapback]
Manny's has been extremly lucky to have gotten MAB and Morales on the way out and even at that Morales still was able to whoop him the 1st go around.

Your delusional bro, how is Manny gonna be remembered as the better fighter over Marquez when almost every knowledgable fight fan and expert thought Marquez clearly won the fights?

Boxingtalk
Yahoo's Kevin Iole
The Ring Magazine
ESPN's Brian Kenny
Boxrec
And countless other sites all had Marquez winning the fight.

When it's all said and done Marquez will be the one fighter that people look at and say Manny could never really beat that guy.

so now manny is just an extremely lucky fighter? do you know how ridiculous that sounds? manny stopped both barrera and morales. he also beat barrera 4 years before JMM did so I guess JMM should get absolutely no credit for that victory. manny destroyed barrera 5 years ago.

you lose credibilty when you claim boxingtalk as experts. and The Ring Magazine happens to be JMM's promotor's magazine. even the people that scored the fight for JMM have no problem with manny getting the decision because the fight was that close.

when its all said and done, manny will have victories over morales, barrera, and JMM. while JMM will have his victory over a 2007 version of MAB. just the facts.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 22 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]383426[/snapback]
so now manny is just an extremely lucky fighter? do you know how ridiculous that sounds? manny stopped both barrera and morales. he also beat barrera 4 years before JMM did so I guess JMM should get absolutely no credit for that victory. manny destroyed barrera 5 years ago.

you lose credibilty when you claim boxingtalk as experts. and The Ring Magazine happens to be JMM's promotor's magazine. even the people that scored the fight for JMM have no problem with manny getting the decision because the fight was that close.

when its all said and done, manny will have victories over morales, barrera, and JMM. while JMM will have his victory over a 2007 version of MAB. just the facts.

I've always given Manny credit for beating MAB in the 1st fight but the Morales that he beat was well past his best and had already been easly outboxed by Raheem.

Morales and MAB were already champs and beating up HOF when Pac was just getting started.

Manny beat MAB 1st fight great win.

Draw with Marquez.

Loss to Morales who was had already seen his best days.

Beat a washed up Morales twice.

Beat a waaaaaay past his prime Barrera.

And ofcourse the bogus win over Marquez.

Marquez is the only fighter out of those three guys that was not past his best when Manny fought them and just look at what happened.

If you score that fight and can say that you honestly had it for Manny well than it's just pointless discussing this any further with you.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 22 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]383428[/snapback]
I've always given Manny credit for beating MAB in the 1st fight but the Morales that he beat was well past his best and had already been easly outboxed by Raheem.

Morales and MAB were already champs and beating up HOF when Pac was just getting started.

Manny beat MAB 1st fight great win.

Draw with Marquez.

Loss to Morales who was had already seen his best days.

Beat a washed up Morales twice.

Beat a waaaaaay past his prime Barrera.

And ofcourse the bogus win over Marquez.

Marquez is the only fighter out of those three guys that was not past his best when Manny fought them and just look at what happened.

If you score that fight and can say that you honestly had it for Manny well than it's just pointless discussing this any further with you.

U said manny was lucky to catch barrera & morales while they were on their decline. but now your backtracking. u say the barrera fight was a great win, then you say he was past his best? hes also the first guy to stop morales. His second fight with MAB was not long after JMM's victory over MAB. You know, the waaaaay past his prime barrera. You are discrediting the best victory on JMM's resume with your argument.

again, manny has victories over JMM, MAB, and Morales. JMM has a victory over a "waaaaay" past his prime MAB. an embarrassing loss to chris john doesnt help your case either.

and there are plenty of people that "honestly" scored the fight for manny. you know, people that arent JMM cheerleaders.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Mar 22 2008, 08:08 PM) [snapback]383430[/snapback]
U said manny was lucky to catch barrera & morales while they were on their decline. but now your backtracking. u say the barrera fight was a great win, then you say he was past his best? hes also the first guy to stop morales. His second fight with MAB was not long after JMM's victory over MAB. You know, the waaaaay past his prime barrera. You are discrediting the best victory on JMM's resume with your argument.

again, manny has victories over JMM, MAB, and Morales. JMM has a victory over a "waaaaay" past his prime MAB. an embarrassing loss to chris john doesnt help your case either.

and there are plenty of people that "honestly" scored the fight for manny. you know, people that arent JMM cheerleaders.

Then those people that scored it for Manny must be seriouse Pac nutthuggers.

Yes the MAB that Marquez beat was waaaaaaaay past his prime there's no doubt about that. And as for Manny being the first to stop Morales sh*t even feather fisted puncher Raheem was able to drop that version of Morales even though they didn't score it as such.

Marquez best win despite not getting the decision is over Pacqiauo. Do me a favor go wathc the John fight so you can see who really won that one and like mentioned earlier Marquez could very well be an undefeated fighter. His forst loss was DQ in his very 1st fight his fight with Norwood everyone know's that fight should have gone to Marquez same goes for the John and now Pacqiuao fight.

So your telling me that Morales was not past his prime when he fought Manny? Morales was already on the decline since his fights with Espada's years earlier.

I undertstand the Pac maniacs are feeling a little defensive they know who really won the fight wether thay admit to it or not.
Fitz
Morales was so far past his prime from the 1st and 2nd fight it's not funny. I watched fights 1 and 2 back to back with some newbie, and in the second fight. The first thing he said was it looks like Morales lost a step. He doesn't look the same. If you really want to see the difference. Watch both fights back to back. It's so fucking obvious, Stevie Wonder could see that Morales declined quite a bit from the 1st and 2nd fights.
Nobudius
Bazooka..... the Norwood/Marquez fight was terrible to watch. Everyone knows it should've gone to Marquez? C'mon, they both looked like absolute garbage. The vibe in the John fight was similar: Marquez goes through these farts of a fight, where it's difficult for some people to say he was "robbed".

After the re-broadcast, I still had it 114-113 for Marquez tonight. But for the people that are saying Marquez will be rated higher than Pac..... sounds like sour grapes to me. These two will pretty much be seen on even terms IMHO.

Marquez is sort of like Mike McCallum in a way-in the right place, at the wrong time..... or the wrong place, at the right time.

BGv2.0
Let me start off by saying I am a HUGE Marquez fan. And if anybody wanted to see him win after the first fight...it was me....but this is how I scored it

6 rounds for Marquez all 10-9

6 rounds for Manny 5=10-9, and 1=10-8

Manny Pacquiao 114-113.

I gave Manny rounds 3,4,7,9,10 and 11.

The difference was the KD.

But I can see how 1 round being swung a different way in JMM's favor could be the case and could produce a win for him.

We all want a third.....so that's what counts! thumbsup_anim.gif
Jack 1000
It was ok. Not great. A little too much "thinking" in there, but certainly hard to score. In seeing it for the first time today on HBO's replay, my score was as follows:

1. 9-10 M
2. 9-10 M
3. 10-8 P
4. 10-10
5. 9-10 M
6. 9-10 M
7. 10-9 P
8. 9-10 M
9. 10-9 P
10.10-9 P
11. 9-10 M
12. 9-10 M

Totals 115-113 Marquez 7-4-1 rounds.

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
Well my original argument was that this poll would be a representation of the entire population and I believe that is the case. For every person on here that scored the fight for Pacquiao, 2 scored it for Marquez... and that seems to be the case overall. For every reference out there of a writer that scored it for Pac you can reference 2 that scored it for Marquez.

Again, these are all 115-112 or 114-113 scores... NO ONE regardless of their card has it any wider than that. Just shows that it was an extremely close fight, so it certainly wasn't a "robbery" by any means... but it is a fact that many more scored the fight for Marquez than did for Pacquiao.

Imperius3
Watched the replay, scored the fight exactly the same (115-112). Not a robbery, but I still believe Marquez was the clear winner. Very unfortunate, I guess.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 23 2008, 03:13 AM) [snapback]383523[/snapback]
Well my original argument was that this poll would be a representation of the entire population and I believe that is the case. For every person on here that scored the fight for Pacquiao, 2 scored it for Marquez... and that seems to be the case overall. For every reference out there of a writer that scored it for Pac you can reference 2 that scored it for Marquez.

Again, these are all 115-112 or 114-113 scores... NO ONE regardless of their card has it any wider than that. Just shows that it was an extremely close fight, so it certainly wasn't a "robbery" by any means... but it is a fact that many more scored the fight for Marquez than did for Pacquiao.

yeah, i don't know how anyone can say this was a robbery.

i ended up w/ a 115-113 win for manny because of a draw round. i think bazooka is just mad that manny is beating a whole slew of mexicans. this was no robbery.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 23 2008, 02:13 AM) [snapback]383523[/snapback]

a fighthype poll is not going to be a representation of the entire population. it was obvious to me that a majority of people on this board were rooting for JMM. i guess if a majority of the entire population was rooting for JMM, then your poll would be accurate.

this fight was even enjoyable the 2nd time around. good action in every round. both guys are as tough as they come, and that cut on marquez was just as gross as i remember a week ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.