Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dipsy hangs em up
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
World Heavyweight Champion Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn has officially announced his retirement tonight confirming speculation that he was poised to quit the fight game.

Speaking from his Mansion in St Lucia Lipstick said, "I have had a terrific career and I've loved every minute of it but in my last 6 or 7 fights I have suffered from very bad hands and it is because of this that I have decided to go out at the top as the greatest heavyweight to ever grace the ring. I am extremely proud to have made a record 17 successful title defenses and it is my belief that no man will ever match, or surpass that feat.
I have decided to work as a fight analyzer and although I haven't completely ruled out a comeback one day I firmly believe right now that I have had my last fight. I'd like to thank all my fans, the world over, my trainers and my opponents for making my journey to history such an enthralling time."

For a long time Lipstick lived in the shadow of his then stablemate Lanky "Maxy" Gawn but despite losing his opening two fights (one by disqualification, which he avenged), Dipsy continued to rise up the rankings, calling out every top name there was and establishing himself as a legimate contender.

In his 7th pro bout he challenged world cruiserweight champion Harold "Harry" Angus for the title but came away on the wrong end of a unanimous decision. It would be the last time the great man ever lost a fight.
He then went on a 15 fight winning streak to earn himself a shot at heavyweight champion Max Kellerman and despite going into the fight as the underdog, Lipstick cruised to a one sided unanimous decision and was crowned champion of the world. A record breaking 17 defenses then followed, including 2 draws which he avenged in the next fights and Dipsy finally gained the recognition he had craved as the greatest heavyweight champion of all time.

He remained undefeated for his final 33 bouts (2 draws) and finished his career with a record of 35 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws and 11 knockouts. Although Dipsy wasn't regarded as a big puncher opponents often commented on how hard he hit them but it was his speed and agility which made him the great fighter he was, coupled with his ability to switch styles at the right times to get the results he needed.

Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn is the greatest heavyweight of all time. Now, the only question left to ask is, is he HOF worthy?
CyruS
All hail Dipsy, the greatest heavyweight champion........

to never beat anyone. laugh.gif

Dipsy is hanging them up because he skurred. He's been getting into close battles with bums. It was only a matter of time before someone pulled his punk card.
The CEO
The above states that Dipsy was in Lanky's shadow....a HOFer would want to fight and beat the man who cast the shadow upon him....
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 17 2008, 07:13 PM) [snapback]382993[/snapback]
The above states that Dipsy was in Lanky's shadow....a HOFer would want to fight and beat the man who cast the shadow upon him....

He was at one time in Lanky's shadow but he emerged ahead of Lanky both as a fighter and historically. If this wasn't the case - if he didn't always whip Lanky in sparring - I would have given him away wouldn't I?

Who did I give away again? Hmmmm.... laugh.gif

Dipsy is HOF worthy without any shadow of a doubt in my opinion.
BigG
HOF worthy but he needed to fight Holmes one more time...
The CEO
QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 18 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]383068[/snapback]
He was at one time in Lanky's shadow but he emerged ahead of Lanky both as a fighter and historically. If this wasn't the case - if he didn't always whip Lanky in sparring - I would have given him away wouldn't I?

Who did I give away again? Hmmmm.... laugh.gif

Dipsy is HOF worthy without any shadow of a doubt in my opinion.

I thought you were being nice...giving me one of your strongest fighters....I think Dipsy IS worthy of the HOF...but I'm not convinced he can beat Lanky under my direction....

When Max Kellerman was under my wing...he lost to Dipsy in an 8-4, 7-5 type fight....and Lanky is noticeably better than Kellerman....

CyruS
Dipsy is skurred. He's been barely winning fights. He never gave Alexeev his deserved rematch. Larry Holmes is still there. Lanky Gawn under C.E.O. is still there.

Dipsy is a fraud. Feasting on a weak heavyweight division and barely beating out the weaklings.

That's right! I said it!
BigG
Honestly, Holmes IS the baddest Heavyweight out there.

He beat the shit out of Lanky.....had Dipsy tired and won at least 1 of those 3 fights....beat Roper, Kellerman, Bowe, Giant Man, Holyfield, Dark Heaven with ease...

I'm surprised Larry didn't lose his last fight because I honestly forgot to change his fight plan and Larry ended up attacking Ice Creams body without much power...he drew Ice Cream because of his natural talent and skills...

Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 18 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]383083[/snapback]
I thought you were being nice...giving me one of your strongest fighters....I think Dipsy IS worthy of the HOF...but I'm not convinced he can beat Lanky under my direction....

When Max Kellerman was under my wing...he lost to Dipsy in an 8-4, 7-5 type fight....and Lanky is noticeably better than Kellerman....

The fightplans I used for Dipsy in many of his fights were the same ones I used for Deep Freeze or Wexley and were designed to take the foot of the gas if the fight was in the bag. Didn't always make for the most exciting fights but it preserved all of their careers and limited their IP's.

Big G, he fought Holmes 3 times...how many more attempts did Holmes want at it? Holmes then drew with Ice Cream....he used the wrong fightplan for that one but is that my fault? We've all used the wrong fightplan at some point, Dipsy included.

Cyrus, Dipsy is such a skurred mouse he challenged TOS BEFORE he won the title and continued issuing challenges to him throughout his lengthy reign but TOS always turned them down....

Come to think of it TOS turned down everyone and got out of the game before the strongest fighters out there had reached their peak. Not to worry, I don't hold it against him.

laugh.gif

As for Alexeev , he didn't want an instant rematch and has yet to ask for a rematch. Now it just happens to be too late.

Remember one thing....Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn NEVER lost a heavyweight fight.
CyruS
easy to not have a loss at heavyweight when lipstick is basically fighting tomato cans! YEAH! I SAID IT! Holmes should get another shot. Aleexeev needs another shot. Lanky should get a shot. If I was a fighter in the FHWeBL, I should get a shot! laugh.gif

Maxy
So poor old Dipsy has been punished because I showed honour. laugh.gif

Big sighs.

I could have put him in with both Angus and Lanky when I was in control of all three and given him the those wins too. Seriously, he always beat Lanky and he was way too classy for Angus. Thing is Dipsy was too good for all of them...

Like I said...Holmes had 3 successive shots...

Damn, maybe I should have done a Zab and knocked out all my gym mates for real....

laugh.gif
BigG
As great as Dipsy is..it would be foolish to suggest that he is on par with Judah. Judah is MORE then a legend...he is the DON of this shit. I'm just saying....laugh.gif
Maxy
laugh.gif

Cyrus, I want Dipsy to be inducted into the HOF....
CyruS
I vote no until Dipsy mans up and faces Holmes, Alexeev and Lanky! He does those 3, he gets my vote!
Blayde
Man, check out the press releases, Alexeev asked for the rematch before Dipsy decided to hang them up aggressive.gif Pretty much every contender had a fight scheduled, Dipsy was thinking about Lanky and Heaven and Alexeev wanted his shot.

I think Dipsy is the best heavyweight out there, he probably beats anyone from Holmes over Lanky and Alexeev to Angus if someone else managed him more than 5 out of 10 times. But he knows he can also be beaten and would get beaten at times although he probably had the tools to avenge that. But calling out TOS doesnt mean youre not scared biggrin.gif
Maxy
Dipsy will wait and see who emerges as the next dominant heavyweight champion. When that fighter proves beyond doubt to be the best of the rest, Dipsy will return and fight them.

Whether it be Holmes, Lanky, Alexeev, Angus or someone else Dipsy will come back and fight them. That was always going to be the plan but you bitches have made me reveal it by being such negative bastards towards his great career!

laugh.gif
BigJuicyHog
I think Dipsy is HOF for sure. I also think that Deep Freeze got a bit screwed in out of the HOF as he has a stellar career.
Maxy
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Mar 19 2008, 11:04 AM) [snapback]383162[/snapback]
I think Dipsy is HOF for sure. I also think that Deep Freeze got a bit screwed in out of the HOF as he has a stellar career.

Dipsy has been watching the up-coming Aaron "Death" Coile with great interest. He's another name who could emerge as the next dominant heavyweight champion. The Prince is another as is his next opponent Ovidio Ochoa so the future of the division looks very bright.

Deep Freeze has never asked to be in the HOF and after Dipsy's snub he never will. Deep Freeze is definitely HOF material though, cheers for the props.

Maxy
The lack of respect and the hate for Dipsy has forced his hand.

Yep, one of the shortest retirements in the sport but I can't take the hate people.

Dipsy is BACK and Sean Kingston is his opponent. (who said he fought bums??)

laugh.gif
Blayde
Thats great news. Especially the fight against the Lanky-Dark Heaven winner has to take place. And dont forget Harold Lederman scored Dipsy-Alexeev a draw although the 12th went 10-8 to Dipsy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.