Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH offers Pac 6 million?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
A buddy of mine said they interviewed DLH on a spanish radio station this morning he was reported saying that they offered Manny and Arum 6 milllion for an imediate rematch but they declined all this came from DLH himself. If this is true I don't see why Arum doesn't take it that would be a career high purse for Manny.

Has anybody else heard of this?

And how much did Manny make for the rematch? I know Marquez made something like 1.5million.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 18 2008, 01:46 AM) [snapback]383037[/snapback]

Roach is delusional I can't see Manny making that much fighting anyone else at 130 or 135lb.

I guess it's safe to say Roach wants no part of Marquez anymore.
Mino
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 18 2008, 01:57 AM) [snapback]383038[/snapback]
Roach is delusional I can't see Manny making that much fighting anyone else at 130 or 135lb.

Agreed, dont think he will ever fight for a purse that big...should be a no brainer
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE(Mino @ Mar 17 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]383039[/snapback]
Agreed, dont think he will ever fight for a purse that big...should be a no brainer

http://philboxing.com/news/story-15716.html
read the link

If anything, Pacquiao is willling to fight Marquez i dont think i remmeber him backing away from fighters in recent memory. Alot of his decisions are made my Arum and Roach,however, who believe they know wat is best for manny, which can be unfortunate...
The Original MrFactor
I'm starting to dislike Arum... And that will ultimately boil over to any Arum promoted fighters...
torvix2000
Marquez should have accepted an immediate rematch. Had they have this kind of split decision in a 2005 match, then his stocks would have soared already. They could fight different opponents while building their stocks. Marquez could have an even purse with Pacquiao in a third fight.

What a big blunder by Beristain.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Mino @ Mar 18 2008, 02:02 AM) [snapback]383039[/snapback]

you must be crazy if you dont think manny makes money like that just from overseas revenue for his fights. roach is not an idiot and would not balk at 6 million if he didnt think manny deserved more. alot of these figures that promoters throw around are BS when you get to looking at the contract.

and people can slam arum all they want, but the man is the best promoter in the sport. he must have his eye set on a match that will bring in a ton of cash.

JakeNDaBox
Richard Schaefer made the offer, not Oscar. I know, I know, same company. But since Oscar wasn't at the fight and had nothing at all to do with it, he shouldn't be given credit for the offer.

Pac reportedly made $5.5 million for this fight, so I can see why he and Roach would want to force GBP's hand a little more on this offer.
CreDog
I want to remind you guys that Top Rank and Manny did the same thing and leveraged David Diaz before the 2nd fight with JMM.

It's negotiating 101--- they threatened to fight Diaz and really dictated the terms of the rematch. Once again, it looks like they'll be in the same position by acting as if they have no interest in fighting Marquez.

I think Marquez is obsessed with Manny--- and that's OK, however when it comes to the business side of things that's not a good thing for JMM. Just look at what he made comparatively speaking to Manny.

I'm sure Manny wanted to fight JMM too, but understood that it's Top Rank's job to get him the most possible money and really did a # on GBP and JMM when it came to negotiating the rematch.

So what some of you are saying is that once Shaefer offered 6 mil, Top Rank and Manny should have immediately said yes.... HMMMMMM.... or hold out play their hand and more than likely get more money.... Seems like a pretty easy answer.

I bet many of you would have bet the house that after Manny fought Barrera that he was going to fight Diaz and side step JMM....

Well he didn't and he'll fight JMM again... Albeit it will be at 135.

With all this being said, he'll probably fight Diaz for the 135 trinket first though....
CreDog
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Mar 17 2008, 11:57 PM) [snapback]383038[/snapback]

Kid... Think big picture if you're Top Rank, maybe Manny might not make more money fighting Diaz than JMM next. HOWEVER, I think they are looking at the Diaz fight as a gimme, then a potential cash out- 8 figure deal with either Hatton or De La Hoya.

As absurd as the match ups might seem, it'd be like winning the lottery and if Manny loses, which is the probable scenario, You made a $hit load of money and you were the underdog anyway fighting a bigger man.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 18 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]383096[/snapback]
Kid... Think big picture if you're Top Rank, maybe Manny might not make more money fighting Diaz than JMM next. HOWEVER, I think they are looking at the Diaz fight as a gimme, then a potential cash out- 8 figure deal with either Hatton or De La Hoya.

As absurd as the match ups might seem, it'd be like winning the lottery and if Manny loses, which is the probable scenario, You made a $hit load of money and you were the underdog anyway fighting a bigger man.

The Hatton fight is helariouse but some people like to toy with the idea of Manny getting seriously hurt. The DLH fight is jusy a big joke nuff said there.

My point is Manny can not make 6 milllion fighting anyone else at 130/135lb. Roach by asking for more is just pricing himself out of the fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 18 2008, 01:30 PM) [snapback]383095[/snapback]
I want to remind you guys that Top Rank and Manny did the same thing and leveraged David Diaz before the 2nd fight with JMM.

It's negotiating 101--- they threatened to fight Diaz and really dictated the terms of the rematch. Once again, it looks like they'll be in the same position by acting as if they have no interest in fighting Marquez.

I think Marquez is obsessed with Manny--- and that's OK, however when it comes to the business side of things that's not a good thing for JMM. Just look at what he made comparatively speaking to Manny.

I'm sure Manny wanted to fight JMM too, but understood that it's Top Rank's job to get him the most possible money and really did a # on GBP and JMM when it came to negotiating the rematch.

So what some of you are saying is that once Shaefer offered 6 mil, Top Rank and Manny should have immediately said yes.... HMMMMMM.... or hold out play their hand and more than likely get more money.... Seems like a pretty easy answer.

I bet many of you would have bet the house that after Manny fought Barrera that he was going to fight Diaz and side step JMM....

Well he didn't and he'll fight JMM again... Albeit it will be at 135.

With all this being said, he'll probably fight Diaz for the 135 trinket first though....

Manny is gonna fight Diaz which he is most likely to win but is still a risk for less money. The Hatton/DLH fights are just jokes Manny can't make 6 milllion anywhere else the joke will be on Arum and Manny in the end.
Tha Docta
im curious to see what the ppv numbers were for the fight. if they offer 6 million to Pac, then i wonder how much money is left on the table for JMM.

anybody know the purses for last weeks fight?
Don Flamenco
^^^ I think Freddie roach said Pac got right under 6 million already from this link

http://www.sportsnews.ph/index.php?option=...02&Itemid=1

I agree with him, Pac should get more for a third fight as well as Marquez. I hope they do it soon before Marquez gets too old!
hardhead
Lampley and Merchant talked about how much money both guys were getting while they were doing the ring walks, from what I remember Pacqiuo was supposed to get over 5 million and Marquez got a little over 1.5 I'm thinking around 1.7 million or so..
Col Reb
It is amazing that Pac could win a title at 135, considering he first fought at 106. That shows how special of a fighter he is.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...9&cat=boxer

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.