Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wednesday Night Fights
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Blayde
Well, since the auto scheduler took over this week we got two title belts on the line this Wednesday.

In the main event of the evening the two veterans Miguel Cotto, THE 140 pound legend in this sport, and THE welterweight of this sport Luis Collazo will step into the ring against each other for the third time to determine the Super Lightweight Champion of the world. Fight one was a shutout type performance by Cotto, fight two ended in a very competitive draw and now they go at it again.

In the co-feature of the evening the 147 pound championship will be on the line as current Welterweight Champion Brittney Skye will defend her title against mandatory challenger Edson Berto. This will be a battle between two power punchers which is likely not going to last 12 rounds.

For Arena there will also be some interesting fights on the undercard.

Welterweight
Ricardo Reyes (16-7-2) vs. Garcia Marquez (20-3-1)
Jab Judah (12-9) vs. Justin "The Trutch" Maxey (9-1)

Super Lightweight
Herman Ngoudjo (15-1) vs. Buddy McGirt (17-11-5) II
Kelson Pinto (13-1) vs. Dancer (12-3-1)
Joshua Clottey (10-5-1) vs. Miguel Angel Cotto (11-3)
Junior Witter (10-3) vs. Daniisco (9-1)
Jay-Jay Judah (9-1-1) vs. Jermain Jones (14-13-2)
BigG
Cotto-Collazo should be a good one.....I think Collazos gonna pull it off. Cottos been on the downhill for the last 2 or 3 months and I think hes gonna get KOd in every big fight..but somehow continues to prove me wrong laugh.gif

Cotto's serioulsy gonna be punch drunk when his career is over.
CyruS
Like I told you when you always tried to make a trade for Cotto, G, Cotto will DIE in the 36 chambers laugh.gif
BigG
Honestly, if old Cotto takes too many beatings in the future...Judah might have to suspend his boxing license.

But we all hope Cotto fights for many years to come..I see Judah-Cotto IV in the near future. laugh.gif

Judah is almost punch drunk right now himself but who's gonna stop Zab from fighting? He IS the promoter afterall laugh.gif
CyruS
QUOTE(Running Man - A Top P4P Fighter - 2 Division World Champion - Reigning Lineal Jr. Welterweight Champion)
AYE! ST. LOOUUUUIEEEEEEEE!!!!! First off, why am I still gettin disrespected? Did Luis Collazo forget, that MY TITLE is On the line TONIGHT TOO!? I am in a huge rematch with Roland Navarette! You people need to show me respect man! I ain't gettin no respect! Ima have to get in touch with Luis Collazo's girl too... knowwhatimsayin? HAHA! ST. LOUUUIEEEE STAND UP!!! Ima BEAT ROLAND TONIGHT! AND IMA START PUSHING FOR THAT UNDISPUTED TITLE MATCH! HOLLA AT ME! whoooo ttttttttyyyyyyy whooooooooooo!!
BigG
Speaking of shot....Navarette is CERTAINLY way past his prime..He's won something like 1 fight in his last 8....
Blayde
How he somehow stunned Zab and got these draws was something special though biggrin.gif

Yeah I was pretty sure there were some more interesting fights on Wednesday, I just didnt look them up. Running Mans title is a bit strange though tongue.gif
CyruS
Miguel Cotto has been knocked out for the first time in his career at 140 lbs. went he went all out in the last and final round in the third fight against Collazo. Cotto was down 103 to 107 according to his corner and they told him he had to go out there and get a knockout to win. Cotto tried but ultimately fell to a vicious counter punch from Collazo. After the fight, Cotto gave Collazo his props and said he wanted an immediate rematch.

In other news :

Running Man successfully defended the lineal jr. welterweight title while getting revenge against the former #1 pound for pound fighter in the sport, Roland Navarette with a dominating win to make easy work of the former pound for pound champion. Running Man is riding a big win streak including 4 straight victories over top 10 opponents.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. could face possible suspension after throwing a 2nd straight fight to undefeated contender Jimmy Jack Judah.

"Sublime" Buddy Shine is on the comeback trail after a comeback victory over long time 140 top contender Sigmund Kraab.

Over at Welterweight :

Lights Out got revenge on Smooth Eddie Chaplin when he scores a TKO victory in the 6th round. Immediately after the fight Lights Out clowned now Former Welterweight Champion Brittney Skye for ducking him and then getting beat by Edson Berto, a man lights out had already knocked out in the 2nd round. Lights Out said he wants a shot at Berto next.

Blayde
Collazo and Berto are ready for fighting Cotto and Lights Out again. They wouldnt even have a problem with getting it on already on Sunday.
BigJuicyHog
How bout Collazo vs Jimmy Jack Judah? I am tired of seeing Cottos ass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.