Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Sex before fights affect boxers negatively?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Intresting...
The CEO
Seeing how masculine Byrd's wife is...I would think that being drilled in the ass with a strap on before a fight would hinder his performance...

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
Now was that necessary, CEO? lol
The CEO
lol...sorry...it was a perfect set...had to spike it...
Imperius3
I never believed that myth. Sex is too good to avoid anyway.
Romulus9
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 19 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]383201[/snapback]
Seeing how masculine Byrd's wife is...I would think that being drilled in the ass with a strap on before a fight would hinder his performance...

laugh.gif

Post of the Year Nominee.

Bravo.
Method
Absolutely drains you. No myth whatsoever.

"To spill seed is to lose vitality" - Woody Harrelson, actor, and a white guy who can't jump.

"Women Weaken Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Mickey Goldberg, HOF trainer of Rocky Balboa
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 20 2008, 02:10 PM) [snapback]383254[/snapback]
Absolutely drains you. No myth whatsoever.

"To spill seed is to lose vitality" - Woody Harrelson, actor, and a white guy who can't jump.

"Women Weaken Legs!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Mickey Goldberg, HOF trainer of Rocky Balboa

It's obvious you didn't even watch the videos, if you honestly just posted that.

They actually quoted Mickey in that video. lol

And I believe Woody jumped at the end of that movie, so...lol
WolfishPromistah
Byrd is so cool, man; I can't WAIT to see him as a cruiser -- where the hell he "should've been " [meaning a strong COULD'VE] for years anyway. But he did damned good as a top flight and respectable 'heav' either way, so it worked out.
Byrd Man
He's moving down to Light Heavyweight, not Cruiser.
MarzB
I saw this,lol at the comment about Chris wife,lol. I love when James Toney talks about her,lol.

Byrdman you may know the answer to this since you're a Byrd fan. What fight was it that Chris Byrd was having on HBO where Merchant made a comment about him being a feather punching heavyweight (something along those lines) and Roy Jones jumped in and said, "well Larry if you think he's such a feather puncher why don't you jump in there and tell us how soft his punches are",lol??

Do you remember that??
PR316
I can't really say if its myth or fact. But I do notice that if I go to the gym after seeing my girlfriend the previous night, I feel less aggressive and I'm more passive when I'm either hitting the heavy bag or sparring, whereas as if I don't see her, I'm more aggressive in my workouts and all. I don't necessarily lose speed, power, or endurance, but my mind is definitely not as sharp or as focused.

In Sugar Ray Robinson's autobiography, it is said that he would abstain from sex for 6 weeks but if he would hit his peak early, then a "break" would be necessary.

I think its the mental aspect thats the biggest issue. If a fighter's mind is on sex, he's not focused for his fight. I honestly think it goes beyond the physical aspect. Its more the mental aspect.

Imperius3
I can understand how you might be a little tired or unfocused if you had sex right before a match. But I would think you would be fine if you had sex the night before, and you've had a good night's sleep. I think they even mention that in the video.
Byrd Man
yeah, and they tested the blood which doesn't lie, and the numbers were all up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.