Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Ward vs. Rubin William
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Didn't see the fight but read that Ward pretty much punished Williams before stopping him in round 7. I'm really happy for Andre...My favorite prospect in boxing since he made his debut. Can't wait to see the fight? What do you all think?

JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2008, 03:16 AM) [snapback]383307[/snapback]
What do you all think?

LOL...

Another favorite, G?
BigG
Hell yeah...I've always said Andre had talent to become a world champion.
BigJuicyHog
Lets see if he has the chin against someone who has some heart and will actually punch back.
BigG
Yeah his chin aint the greatest..hes been down twice already in his career. But I really do hope Andre goes far. He is a good talent and a nice guy.
kidbazooka1
The fight was stopped on a cut.

I wanna see Andre make it but Im not sold on him just yet. The guy has been a pro for 4 years now and has fought no one. Gold Medalist like Meldrick Taylor, DLH and even Reid were champs by the time there were in there 4th year as a pro yet Ward hasn't even fought a top 20 fighter.
BigG
Give him time...Rubin Williams is better then anyone Chavez Jr. has fought.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 21 2008, 02:27 PM) [snapback]383354[/snapback]

I think Willliams is on the same level as Sanchez and a notch below Celaya.

Ward has tons more experience than Chavez you would expect someone of with his amateur pedigree to have fought a ranked figther fighter by now.

I think his team is weary of him thats why he hasn't stepped it up yet. Ward drops his hands trying to be Roy Jones if he keeps that up he wil get KTFO.
Don Flamenco
When's the fight gonna be shown, Big-G?
BigG
I have no idea...I'm planning to D/L it as soon as I see it up.
Fitz
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 22 2008, 05:27 AM) [snapback]383354[/snapback]

Ward is a 24 year old that has had a great amateur career and is an olympic gold medalist. Chavez Jr is only 22, who has never had an amateur career. So it's expected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.