Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Casamayor vs. Katsidis: Round by Round/PostFight HBO@9:05 PM (CST)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all round by round and post fight reactions to the Lightweight Title Fight between Casamayor vs. Katsidis. Please keep everything in this thread. Also visit the round by round page for updates here:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...98b9ee27d34e856

Jack

Administrator
easywork
FREE Sopcast stream seems to be working if anyone wants to watch:

http://www.fighthype.com/sopcastpopup.php
Fitz
Wasn't Witter vs Hopkins originally supposed to be on the undercard?
Imperius3
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 22 2008, 09:14 PM) [snapback]383435[/snapback]
Wasn't Witter vs Hopkins originally supposed to be on the undercard?

No. It was discussed, but there were never any contracts.
Imperius3
Should be a good one tonight!

Andrade and Steiglitz are going to war right now!
Fitz
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Mar 23 2008, 01:36 PM) [snapback]383437[/snapback]
No. It was discussed, but there were never any contracts.

Shit. It was on fightnews schedule for quite a while, I believe even last week it was still listed. I just assumed it was on.
The CEO
Rooting for Katsidis tonight...but Casa's probably gonna win this one with his experience.
Imperius3
Katsidis DOWN twice!
Mino
The rough and tough Katsidis down twice in the 1st...lmao
Imperius3
2-0 Casamayor.

Casa is fuckin' him up.
Mino
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Mar 22 2008, 11:06 PM) [snapback]383448[/snapback]
2-0 Casamayor.

Casa is fuckin' him up.

Co-Sign..HAs this kid ever fought a southpaw...he is eating those lefts like candy
Imperius3
Round 3 was closer, but Casamayor still outlanded Katsidis with more effective punches.

3-0 Casamayor.
Imperius3
This fight is a WAR.

Huge slug fest in the fourth. Katsidis buzzed Casamayor bad. Casamayor still landed a huge amount of punches.

I will give the round to Katsidis, but it could have gone either way.

3-1 Casamayor
Don Flamenco
Katsidis seems to have adjusted to Casa's straight left. still getting tagged but doesn't looked to be bothering as much as in the 1st round
Don Flamenco
hmmm, no emmanuel steward, but i dont think casamayor has the legs or the age to go at it like this for the whole 12 rounds
Imperius3
Casamayor still countering, but slowing down in the 5th. I think Katsidis outworked him a little bit with the body work.

3-2 Casamayor.
Don Flamenco
DAYUM!
Imperius3
Casamayor was wining the 6th, but got knocked down through the ropes towards the end of the round. Hurt him bad.

3-3
Don Flamenco
Casamayor got knocked off the ring!
The CEO
Katsidis has that Warrior in him...you GOTTA like this kid.
Imperius3
Casamayor lands very nice jabs and counters in round 7. Casa's round.

4-3 Casamayor.
Don Flamenco
katsidis got his groove now. This fight has done a completed 36o since the first three. Round 7 to Katsidis.

stateofthegame
They need to stop with the "Lineal Champion" talk. Casamayor is not the Lineal Champ. The Lineage was broken years ago because there have been several retirements that they clam lineage to, but because Lineage gives credit to the man who beat the man it is irrelevant talk. There is not a such thing as lineal champions anymore.

Also Ring Magazine cannot dictate anything. They have one purpose, sell magazines and now that a Promoter/fighter owns the publishing rights to the magazine it makes it even more irrelevant.
Imperius3
Round 8:

Katsidis is landing hard shots here and there, but Casamayor is jabbing and countering him on a consistent basis. Casa's round.

5-3 Casamayor
Don Flamenco
casamayor got hit but controlled more boxing from the outside. Round 8 to Casamayor
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Mar 22 2008, 11:27 PM) [snapback]383461[/snapback]
They need to stop with the "Lineal Champion" talk. Casamayor is not the Lineal Champ. The Lineage was broken years ago because there have been several retirements that they clam lineage to, but because Lineage gives credit to the man who beat the man it is irrelevant talk. There is not a such thing as lineal champions anymore.

Also Ring Magazine cannot dictate anything. They have one purpose, sell magazines and now that a Promoter/fighter owns the publishing rights to the magazine it makes it even more irrelevant.

That's just Max trying to justify his position on the announce team. thumbsdown_anim.gif
Don Flamenco
9-9 round... point deduction from Casamayor for a low blow
Imperius3
Round 9:

Casamayor deducted a point for a low blow. That might be big down the line. This round is similar to round 8. Casamayor is sticking and moving while Katsidis lands hard shots here and there. Casa's round.

6-3 Casamayor
Imperius3
CASAMAYOR KNOCKS HIM OUT!!!!!

FUCK YEAH BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!
Don Flamenco
Katsidis doing his walk down Castro Street on Holloween. Wow who predicted Katsidis would get KTFO?!
Imperius3
Casamayor lands A HARD FUCKING LEFT HAND AND DROPS KATSIDIS ON HIS FUCKING ASS! Katsidis falls down hard. Probably broke his jaw. Katsidis got up but was out on his feet. The ref gave him a lot of time to recover, but nevertheless, Casamayor poured it on and forced a ref stoppage.
Imperius3
What a fucking war.

Another candidate for FOTY!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Mar 22 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]383468[/snapback]
Katsidis doing his walk down Castro Street on Holloween. Wow who predicted Katsidis would get KTFO?!

Read the Katsidis-Cassamayor thread, me and a few others were not ready to write Cassa off like many others. Katsidis is a wide open slugger and Cassa is a slick counterpuncher, it figured that Cassa would do better than against tall rangy Cruz.
Don Flamenco
LOL Casamayor gets up from getting knocked to the front row to stop Katsidis in a war!!
treyes7123
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Mar 22 2008, 07:35 PM) [snapback]383468[/snapback]

Shouldn't you be at a wedding Mr. Don?

Now we get Nate vs Cas, I'd still rather watch Juan vs Katsidas
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 22 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]383472[/snapback]
Read the Katsidis-Cassamayor thread, me and a few others were not ready to write Cassa off like many others. Katsidis is a wide open slugger and Cassa is a slick counterpuncher, it figured that Cassa would do better than against tall rangy Cruz.

I thought Casa would win by decision, but by a KO win?
JLUVBABY
casa should retire with this win... he will lose his belts soon... katsidis fought the wrong fight at the end...lol...
Imperius3
This fight reminded me a little bit of the first Corrales-Casamayor fight. Both fighters getting knocked down, then someone getting knocked out! Great fight!

Casamayor certainly made a statement tonight. Bring on Campbell!
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ Mar 22 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]383474[/snapback]

WTF happenned with the wedding?

I see Juan taking him. Katsidis gets hit way too much.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Mar 22 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]383477[/snapback]
This fight reminded me a little bit of the first Corrales-Casamayor fight. Both fighters getting knocked down, then someone getting knocked out! Great fight!

Casamayor certainly made a statement tonight. Bring on Campbell!

i thought the early knockdowns was good but after that and maybe round 2 casa. looked to me like a 36 year old fighter... that along with him in the middle rounds playing with kat. he took himself out of the fight... i think he is on borrowed time and needs to cash in with a mega fight (maybe a fight with hatton in england) or retire.. just my opinion..
Mean Mister Mustard
So how about Cassamayor giving Campbell a shot at the title?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE(JLUVBABY @ Mar 22 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]383479[/snapback]
i thought the early knockdowns was good but after that and maybe round 2 casa. looked to me like a 36 year old fighter... that along with him in the middle rounds playing with kat. he took himself out of the fight... i think he is on borrowed time and needs to cash in with a mega fight (maybe a fight with hatton in england) or retire.. just my opinion..

i dont see casa beating a prime time fighter that has a defense. i think nate beats him down.... juan diaz beats him down.... casa is not the fighter he was a few years ago...
Fitz
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ Mar 23 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]383474[/snapback]

We may not get Nate vs Casamayor. Casa said he already beat Nate with 3 weeks o training and he prefers to fight Barrera or Pacquiao. He wants big money fights.

Very good fight and I think it warrants a rematch. Katsidis caught cold early in the fight, but came on. He became too aggressive in the 10th and got caught with a good shot. He got stopped similar to how Hatton did with Mayweather. He became reckless and paid the price. Katsidis shouldn't be too hard on himself, he nearly got the job done and was in a very good fight. He is still in the mix and I'm sure people will still love to see him fight. He should have stayed down for a bit longer, he got up too quick and he should of relaxed a little bit. His inexperienced showed, but I'm sure he will learn from these mistakes.
Fitz
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 23 2008, 02:53 PM) [snapback]383480[/snapback]
So how about Cassamayor giving Campbell a shot at the title?

Casa prefers to fight Pacquiao or Barrera rolleyes.gif
JD
I have no problem seeing these two go at it again.

Casamayor was his usual gracious self after the fight. "No, he does not punch hard, I slipped and fell through the ropes"...LOL
Fitz
I couldn't believe what I was hearing from Casamayor either. He doesn't punch hard? LMAO. You were retreating for a whole fucking round and in a very bad state about a round or 2 before you got knocked down.

I agree with you JD, I am definitely up for a rematch. I feel like it was a fight with unfinished business and a fight I think Rocky can take some things from and improve.
Mean Mister Mustard
LOL, good ol Joel. I remember a few years back I started a thread asking people to tell their stories of meeting fighters in person. Some said that they had met Cassamayor and admitted that the guy's a dick.
thefloatingmonkey
Rematch would be awesome, but at this point in Casa's career he needs big money fights before he retires. Still was an awesome fight though. Katsidis is still young and very raw. With some decent training and jab he will be good.
stateofthegame
He does not want to fight Nate because he knows he will lose. He lost the first fight with Nate in most people's eyes.

I find it funny that he calls out smaller guys, yet does not mention going up to fight Hatton.

Thispart of Casa's career has been based off of a win over Diego Corrales, who was more than likely shot by then or at least under so much stress with Gary Shaw he could not perform. I think he was shot at that point myself. Also Corrales was overweight at the time they fought.

Casa was a good fighter, but time has caught up to him and he needs to walk away before he loses and cries about it again.
D-MARV
Casa ain't gonna give him a rematch!
Im not mad at him either. He should go after Manny Pac and make that money while he still can. He onl has 1 or 2 fights left.
After tonights win where does he belong on the p4p list?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.