Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrade-Steiglitz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
This is another unusually good, all-action fight. These are definitely B-level guys who will never be in the Calzaghe-JT league at 168, but I'd like to see them again.

As far as the commentating is concerned, I think Steiglitz has won 2 of the first 6 rounds but you wouldn't know it from the commentary.

I think Andrade will evenutally get a ko with an uppercut, but Steiglitz is definitely going out on his shield. I like both of these guys.
stateofthegame
This is the first time seeing Steiglitz, but I have always like Andrade. This has been a good fight so far.
Byrd Man
GO ANDRADE! lol
Fitz
Andrade stopped him.
thefloatingmonkey
Man, these dudes went at it. Andrade actually looks like he is getting better. Still very very hitable, but the man is a rock. Steiglitz should have boxed some more, and shouldn't have used his head so much to block the punches. He has pretty quick hands.
Nobudius
Andrade cracks me up-he doesn't feel any pain. lol

Some of those uppercuts were nasty. I'm telling you, Miranda should call him out, b/c I think Andrade would happily oblige for a potential FOY candidate.
kidbazooka1
Andrade is a tough SOB the guy just keeps coming, I see some improvement since his lost to kessler he is looking a little more sharper with his punches. I think he gives anyone a tought fight at 168lb.

Andrade/Miranda would have FOTY written all over it.
JD
I think Andrade could beat Taylor at 168.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 25 2008, 12:07 PM) [snapback]383781[/snapback]

Who can Taylor beat at 168?
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 25 2008, 12:07 PM) [snapback]383781[/snapback]

Come on man, you're better than that!
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Mar 25 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]383788[/snapback]
Come on man, you're better than that!

LOL...

Why? Taylor has proven to struggle with stamina late in fights, and dislikes pressure and activity. A guy like Andrade would make Taylor very uncomfortable in there...I didn't say he "would", I said he "could". Stylistically, he is the type of guy Taylor would have a hard time dealing with because he takes what you throw and keeps walking you down consistently.
BigG
JD, I swear, you've picked Taylor to lose his last 7 fights or something...and he arguably lost 6 of them laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 25 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]383790[/snapback]
JD, I swear, you've picked Taylor to lose his last 7 fights or something...and he arguably lost 6 of them laugh.gif

LOL...I took him over Ouma, but expected him to have a very hard time. I also took him over Spinks but said he would make the fight very hard on himself and might even have us thinking he lost.

I did take Hopkins, Wright and Pavlik over him though in all 5 of those fights.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 25 2008, 02:39 PM) [snapback]383789[/snapback]
LOL...

Why? Taylor has proven to struggle with stamina late in fights, and dislikes pressure and activity. A guy like Andrade would make Taylor very uncomfortable in there...I didn't say he "would", I said he "could". Stylistically, he is the type of guy Taylor would have a hard time dealing with because he takes what you throw and keeps walking you down consistently.

Andrade might make Taylor uncomfortable in the very late rounds if he could hang on, but it's unlikely. Taylor would be landing everything he threw from the opening bell. Andrade's tough, but he's slow and he lacks any kind of dynamism.

Taylor by ko or by a 119-109 type of score.
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Mar 26 2008, 08:43 AM) [snapback]383844[/snapback]
Andrade might make Taylor uncomfortable in the very late rounds if he could hang on, but it's unlikely. Taylor would be landing everything he threw from the opening bell. Andrade's tough, but he's slow and he lacks any kind of dynamism.

Taylor by ko or by a 119-109 type of score.

I don't see a Kessler - Andrade type fight as Taylor is not nearly as accurate or skilled...nor is he as good of a puncher. He is faster though, I will give you that.

Taylor has show some fade though, and I think the constant pressure and strength of Andrade would be a problem for him.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ Mar 26 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]383847[/snapback]
I don't see a Kessler - Andrade type fight as Taylor is not nearly as accurate or skilled...nor is he as good of a puncher. He is faster though, I will give you that.

Taylor has show some fade though, and I think the constant pressure and strength of Andrade would be a problem for him.

Well, it's easy to imagine the fight getting made as a confidence booster for JT. Maybe it'll turn out to be a good scrap, but I doubt it.

Taylor may not be as textbook skilled as Kessler, but he's much more coordinated and experienced. And I'm not at all sure that Kessler's accuracy would have held up against Hopkins or Winky like JT's did.
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Mar 26 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]383871[/snapback]
Well, it's easy to imagine the fight getting made as a confidence booster for JT. Maybe it'll turn out to be a good scrap.

Taylor may not be as textbook skilled as Kessler, but he's much more coordinated and experienced. And I'm not at all sure that Kessler's accuracy would have held up against Hopkins or Winky like JT's did.

Could be...I would happily watch it.

Though I believe Andrade is supposed to fight Bute' next.

I don't think Taylor is more coordinated than Kessler at all...faster...yeah, but I do not think he is more coordinated; in fact, I would comfortably take Kessler against Taylor if they ever fought. As for JT's accuracy against Hop and Wright -- I guess you were more impressed there than I was...I thought he lost those fights.

All good. Maybe we get to see Andrade and Taylor fight...not saying I "would" pick Librado, but I certainly "could" see myself doing so.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.