Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are they making a 24/7 for Hopkins-Calazghe?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I heard talk about it while back, but never saw anything being confirmed. Anybody know?
D-MARV
I dont think so because they would have already started. They have a Coutdown Show after the Cotto fight!
Method
No 24/7. There will be a Countdown. There really should be a 24/7, but there is not.
Hodge
Why do they keep wasting those things on Floyd? I mean we get it. His family doesn't get along. He got money. Blah, Blah, Blah. It's time they moved on. I think Hops/ Joe would have been a good one.
D-MARV
My guess is that because BHOP vs Calzaghe is not a HBO PPV, they are not going to put the money into running 24/7.
Method
It only costs $1M to produce. I think it would have done WONDERS for the viewership, ESPECIALLY because it is on 'FREE' HBO. Both guys are very engaging, VERY charasmatic, and both top p4p'ers, if not both HOFers, etc. You are right. There's no reason to keep reserving these 24/7 series for the Mayweathers.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 24 2008, 11:07 AM) [snapback]383694[/snapback]
It only costs $1M to produce. I think it would have done WONDERS for the viewership, ESPECIALLY because it is on 'FREE' HBO. Both guys are very engaging, VERY charasmatic, and both top p4p'ers, if not both HOFers, etc. You are right. There's no reason to keep reserving these 24/7 series for the Mayweathers.

yea calz's and hopkins being free hbo killed any chance of a 24/7. HBO probably figures alot of people are gonna tune in anyways since its free. I read somewhere that hatton/ mayweather took about 2 mill to produc either way still chump change for hbo but since its free they prob frowned on it, the only fight i could see a 24/7 being made for other than the dlh mayweather snoozer 2 is mosely judah becuase it'll be PPV.
Plus the HBO exec's know kimbo is gonna be fighting the same night as judah mosely maybe they'll put a lil more behind the promotion?
BoxingStill#1
If there is any fight in 2008 that should get the 24/7 boradcast, it should be this fight.

We would have heard something about it when Pacman fought.....It would have showed it on the upcomming highlights....So no I dont think so..

Plus this is a NON PPV fight so at this point, the program will just be overhead...
JD
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 24 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]383693[/snapback]
My guess is that because BHOP vs Calzaghe is not a HBO PPV, they are not going to put the money into running 24/7.

They typically only do Countdown's for PPV's and the two 24/7's were for big events.

There is the random WCB fight where they will also do a Countdown Show for...like Taylor - Wright, Taylor - Pavlik and Hopkins - Calzaghe.
BrutalBodyShots
Isn't the fight like 2 weeks out? No way there can be a 24/7 in that amount of time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.