Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commodore 64 ruled the world.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Warlord
Sorry, got a little nostalgic after a brief but poignant discussion with Black regarding the Curse of Monkey Island, Police Quest, and Pirates!

Fuck your news stories about cats hypnotising store clerks and robbing them, you fuckers. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...26&src=news. The 80's were the shit, and if you don't think so, fuck you and the mother fucking horse you rode in on.

According to the 2001 edition of Guinness book of records, the C64 was the most "prolific computing device ever manufactured". During its production run from 1982 to... 1993, about 30 million units were sold. To put this number in perspective, that's more than all the Macintoshes in the world. Suck on that, bitches.

If you ain't down with floppy disks and 8-bit graphics you can suck a fat dick, cause you don't know jack shit. If Sierra is just a mountain in your book, and King's Quest is latin, then just eat shit and die, cause that shit was cool.

L-shift-O-shift-242,8 deserves to live on in lore, the same way up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, start does.

If Lode Runner, Choplift, Centipede, Juke Box, Aztec Challenge, Summer Games, Batman, and The Last Ninja don't ring a bell, then just lay right down and die, ya heartless bastards, cause you don't got a fucking clue.

Commodore 64 forever, bitches!

STEVENSKI
You left out the greatest game on the C64. Airborne Ranger fuckers!

Airborne Ranger
Maxy
Leaderboard was another great game on the C64.

I never owned one though....but I loved my SX Spectrum...

Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy....there were loads of games for that...
JD
I had the 64C.

I wrecked shop in Hardball.
Method
Pirates was the G. O. A. T. You could literally pull all nighters....and/or 2-nighters on that one. Sid Meyer is GENIUS! That game is so great they made versions for Playstation, and I currently have one for the PSP.

You guys forgot the most keyC64/C128 games - California Games, Summer Games, Winter Games, World Games...etc.
JD
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 24 2008, 10:24 AM) [snapback]383679[/snapback]
Pirates was the G. O. A. T. You could literally pull all nighters....and/or 2-nighters on that one. Sid Meyer is GENIUS! That game is so great they made versions for Playstation, and I currently have one for the PSP.

You guys forgot the most key C64/C128 games - California Games, Summer Games, Winter Games, World Games...etc.

GREAT call.

The Summer Games...Winter Games...World Games collection was stellar.
Method
Found a pretty good link back to a lot of games...

http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//w...php%3FID%3D2571

4th and Inches?

Superstar Ice Hockey?

Mean Mister Mustard
Anyone remember a game called Shamus or Sheamus? That was fun, Commodore had a lot of mysterious and creepy games.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 24 2008, 03:33 AM) [snapback]383667[/snapback]
Sorry, got a little nostalgic after a brief but poignant discussion with Black regarding the Curse of Monkey Island, Police Quest, and Pirates!

Fuck your news stories about cats hypnotising store clerks and robbing them, you fuckers. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...26&src=news. The 80's were the shit, and if you don't think so, fuck you and the mother fucking horse you rode in on.

According to the 2001 edition of Guinness book of records, the C64 was the most "prolific computing device ever manufactured". During its production run from 1982 to... 1993, about 30 million units were sold. To put this number in perspective, that's more than all the Macintoshes in the world. Suck on that, bitches.

If you ain't down with floppy disks and 8-bit graphics you can suck a fat dick, cause you don't know jack shit. If Sierra is just a mountain in your book, and King's Quest is latin, then just eat shit and die, cause that shit was cool.

L-shift-O-shift-242,8 deserves to live on in lore, the same way up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, start does.

If Lode Runner, Choplift, Centipede, Juke Box, Aztec Challenge, Summer Games, Batman, and The Last Ninja don't ring a bell, then just lay right down and die, ya heartless bastards, cause you don't got a fucking clue.

Commodore 64 forever, bitches!

Everyone Bow Down to The Warlord for creating the greatest thread ever!!! The C-64 was the classic games machine, hands down! I had an original Atari 2600 and a bunch of carts. Later I got a C-64 and I loved it!!! Activision was one of my favorite companies! Who remembers Beamrider? (My all time favorite game) and pitfall!

I had that Pirates games! That was amazing! The very first game that I got for the C-64 was in the fall of 1983. (Fuck! I am old!) It was by Avalon Hill called Telenguard. A D & D role playing type game, you were this guy in a 50 level dungeon and you had to accumulate weapons and treasure, as well as shields and armer to fight off monsters. I can not tell you the hours and hours that my brother and I spent at that game!

Accolade was another company created by some of the Activision game designers who left Atari. I got Hardball which was at the time the best baseball game ever! Do you remember a game called Alter Ego? You assumed the role of a character (person) and went through a series of family, work, and growing up experiences over the course of a lifetime. Your choices would be tracked by the computer with 100's of variations on something like a 20 point personality profile. It was out in both male and female versions.

You just brought back some great memories! If you want to do another thread about the Atari 2600, I could talk about that as well!!

You younger guys don't know how great some of those classic games were!!!

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
Classic games own.

I remember playing on my Collecovision back in the early 80's... vintage Q-Bert, Buck Rogers, Burger Time, Frenzy, Popeye, etc.

GOAT vintage arcade game = Centipede.
BigG
NES was better
Fitz
I had a NES. I think the Commodore 64 was a bit before my time. The NES came out when I was like 5-6.
BigJuicyHog
Kings Quest was the shit. Was Monkey Island on Commodore also? I cant remember.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Mar 25 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]383782[/snapback]
Kings Quest was the shit.

Hell yeah. Grabbing the egg out of the bigass tree and shit. Good stuff. Kings Quest was one of the GOAT series.

NES was the shit too, but I wouldn't consider NES "vintage" like the other stuff talked about in this thread. Maybe for those in their late teens or early 20's... but if you're in your late 20's or early 30's (or older) NES wasn't "vintage" it was more or less the first system in a new era of systems which started the Genesis, Turbo Graphics 16 etc phase that has basically never ended for 20 years now.

Method
Hardball was a GREAT game.
Warlord
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 24 2008, 09:24 AM) [snapback]383679[/snapback]

You guys forgot the most keyC64/C128 games - California Games, Summer Games, Winter Games, World Games...etc.

Good call with Summer Games, that game was genius. I acutally listed it in the last part of my first post, but I don't think anyone caught it.

The pole vault event in Summer Games was fucking NICE, so were the fucking gymnastics and swimming events. I used to always use Japan as my country because of their badass national anthem, sounding all murderous and shit.

The original Pirates! was hard fucking core for so many reasons. Trying to loot towns, gain infamy and fame so you could marry the hot bitch instead of the old broad, and getting barred from entering (usually Spanish) towns because you'd fucking torched them so many times on the open seas. I used to RAPE those fucking Spanish Galleons, so that every time I even hailed a spanish ship for news they'd open fire without warning. laugh.gif

I can't believe you guys haven't concurred with the awesomeness of the Police Quest series. What other game in history lets you pull a big breasted, sportscar driving MILF over, and then offer to let her off without a speeding ticket if she'd give you her number in exchange. laugh.gif How many times I typed in the words "Look at tits" or "Grab tits" I will never know, but the results were fucking hilarious.
Warlord
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 24 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]383752[/snapback]
NES was better

Blashpemy you fucking liar! You don't know shit about shit, big G. You were just a cum tadpole when the c64 was tearing it up. The NES is legendary among gaming consoles, but has nothing on the C64's big ass keyboard, floopy disks, and sweet ass steering wheel that we used for racing games. Educate yourself.
Method
The original Pirates! was hard fucking core for so many reasons. Trying to loot towns, gain infamy and fame so you could marry the hot bitch instead of the old broad, and getting barred from entering (usually Spanish) towns because you'd fucking torched them so many times on the open seas. I used to RAPE those fucking Spanish Galleons, so that every time I even hailed a Spanish ship for news they'd open fire without warning

Dude, not to mention the quest for the Silver Train or Treasure Fleet. it was fucking ON if you were lucky enough to roll into a port and it read, "Wlecome to Lovely Port Royale, The Treasure Fleet is in town". It was like, "CHA CHING!". Hitting the lottery. Didn't happen all that often, and sometimes you fell upon it and didn't have the man power to justify attaching, but man was it instant wood.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 27 2008, 11:57 AM) [snapback]384048[/snapback]
Dude, not to mention the quest for the Silver Train or Treasure Fleet. it was fucking ON if you were lucky enough to roll into a port and it read, "Wlecome to Lovely Port Royale, The Treasure Fleet is in town". It was like, "CHA CHING!". Hitting the lottery. Didn't happen all that often, and sometimes you fell upon it and didn't have the man power to justify attaching, but man was it instant wood.

This game Pirates sounds badass... unfortunately I never played it.

Warlord
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 27 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]384048[/snapback]

The best is when the Treasure Fleet AND the Silver Train were in town at the same time. Especially if that shit was in Panama. Bank.

Some other towns I used to like to hit was that one spanish town (Santa Dominguez, I think) that could only be reached by beaching the ship and forcing your men to march over a long-ass stretch of land. Those poor bastards in town were never expecting it.
BigG
laugh.gif Yeah, Commodore 64 way before my time. I've never touched the system. Old school to me is Playstation 1, N64.

My first console though was the NES...
Method
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 28 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]384247[/snapback]
The best is when the Treasure Fleet AND the Silver Train were in town at the same time. Especially if that shit was in Panama. Bank.

Some other towns I used to like to hit was that one spanish town (Santa Dominguez, I think) that could only be reached by beaching the ship and forcing your men to march over a long-ass stretch of land. Those poor bastards in town were never expecting it.

One word: Cartegena.
BrutalBodyShots
Found a Commodore 64 with like 50 games on eBay right now... bid at $56.00:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Commodore-64-w...1QQcmdZViewItem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.