Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are so many European boxer so B!tchmade?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Douchebag
From Calzaghe, Hatton, Abraham and now Kessler. What the fuck is up the trend of bitchassness from these boxers in Europe. These muthafuckers should have picked a different profession.

OK rant over...........discuss
Big Slim Sweet
Why is Hatton on this list?

I ask cause I'm assuming you're ranting over the news of Kessler pulling out of his fight with Miranda, a trend we sometimes see with European fighters, but I can't recall Hatton ever doing that. Hatton came to the U.S., fought the best and took his ass-kicking like a man. Unless I'm missing something...
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 02:09 PM) [snapback]383873[/snapback]
"bitchassness"

LOL, Classic
Chi-Town
I'm not one to throw such accusations around haphazzardly, but it was seemingly apparent that Kessler wanted no parts of Miranda when he was so reluctant to even start negotiations...but I think the fact that Miranda's people gave him everything he asked for and he still pulled out at the last minute confirms that he is either scared or is going through something personal.

This is a little different than the other Europeans that pulled out because of injuries (real or exaggerated), because Kessler pulled out for no reason at all.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 26 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]383874[/snapback]
Why is Hatton on this list?

I ask cause I'm assuming you're ranting over the news of Kessler pulling out of his fight with Miranda, a trend we sometimes see with European fighters, but I can't recall Hatton ever doing that. Hatton came to the U.S., fought the best and took his ass-kicking like a man. Unless I'm missing something...

He won't fight Witter.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 12:09 PM) [snapback]383873[/snapback]
From Calzaghe, Hatton, Abraham and now Kessler. What the fuck is up the trend of bitchassness from these boxers in Europe. These muthafuckers should have picked a different profession.
OK rant over...........discuss

Define what you mean by "bitchassness"?

I just don't see how any of the guys above can be considered bitches... Is it because Kessler pulled out of the fight? There are 2 sides to the story.

CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 12:46 PM) [snapback]383882[/snapback]
He won't fight Witter.

I don't think he scared of Witter... Witter's been dissing him in the media and THE BEST way to get back at Witter--- even better than knocking his ass out... is to not give him a pay day.

You think Witter is going to make any money off of anyone not named Hatton?

Have you seen any of Witter's fights televised in the states??

Did you watch Witter run from Zab Judah??

Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]383895[/snapback]
I don't think he scared of Witter... Witter's been dissing him in the media and THE BEST way to get back at Witter--- even better than knocking his ass out... is to not give him a pay day.

You think Witter is going to make any money off of anyone not named Hatton?

Have you seen any of Witter's fights televised in the states??

Did you watch Witter run from Zab Judah??

Look these guys are fighter and fighters fight fuck all the other bullshit. It's not like Hatton is not going to make money off of the fight and Mayweather clowning him all over 24/7 didn't cause him to back out of the fight because he didn't want to put money in his pocket.<--------lame excuse. Leave the fucking political maneuvering to the politicians fighters fight, Period. I wouldn't say he is scared of Witter but the way he has handled the situation reeks of feminine bitchassness.
Mean Mister Mustard
Kessler has fought Siaca, Mundine, Lucas, Andrade and Calzaghe. Plus he fought Mundine in Australia and fought Calzaghe in Wales. I doubt he is scared of Miranda.

Hatton went head to head with the best fighter in the world, in his backyard. Again, I doubt he is scared of Witter.

The only one you have an argument against is Abraham. Ever since the guy fought Miranda he has fought a bunch of no hopers.
Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]383891[/snapback]
Define what you mean by "bitchassness"?

I just don't see how any of the guys above can be considered bitches... Is it because Kessler pulled out of the fight? There are 2 sides to the story.

Abraham only fights weak opposition and doesn't fight outside Germany. The one time he fought a live dog in there he got his fucking Jaw broken and yet we still haven't heard about a possible rematch with Miranda. These moves = Bitchass IMO

Calzaghe fucking waits untill B-Hop is 40+ before feeling froggy and coming over here and making the fight happen. Calfaggy wanted no part of him or RJJ when they where in their primes and all of a sudden this mutherfucker cares about his legacy. This alone = Bitchass IMO

Hatton-see above

Kessler-the straw that broke the camels back with me. I will for ever look at Eurotrash fighters in a negative light untill they can prove otherwise.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 02:03 PM) [snapback]383896[/snapback]
Look these guys are fighter and fighters fight fuck all the other bullshit. It's not like Hatton is not going to make money off of the fight and Mayweather clowning him all over 24/7 didn't cause him to back out of the fight because he didn't want to put money in his pocket.<--------lame excuse. Leave the fucking political maneuvering to the politicians fighters fight, Period. I wouldn't say he is scared of Witter but the way he has handled the situation reek of feminine bitchassness.

Dude, this isn't BloodSport, they aren't fighting in the Kumite....

Hatton sells out stadiums in England..... HE NEVER had to come to the states... Do you know what a live gate of over 25,000 people is like????

Lame excuse???... Everyone knows that people call out Oscar, Manny, Ricky BECAUSE they will get paid.

BTW, what do you think of Kimbo now that he doesn't do backyard brawling anymore?? Is he a bitch?... You know why he doesn't do that anymore right? Because now he is getting PAID. You don't see him turning down big money so he can have "Street CRED" so you can say he's HARD---

Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2008, 04:13 PM) [snapback]383897[/snapback]
Kessler has fought Siaca, Mundine, Lucas, Andrade and Calzaghe. Plus he fought Mundine in Australia and fought Calzaghe in Wales. I doubt he is scared of Miranda.

Hatton went head to head with the best fighter in the world, in his backyard. Again, I doubt he is scared of Witter.

The only one you have an argument against is Abraham. Ever since the guy fought Miranda he has fought a bunch of no hopers.

None of those guys packs the punch that Miranda does.
Mean Mister Mustard
But they are better skilled and definetly have better chins than Miranda. The point was that you said he is a bitch for turning down this fight when actually he has fought very good opposition.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 02:13 PM) [snapback]383898[/snapback]
Abraham only fights weak opposition and doesn't fight outside Germany. The one time he fought a live dog in there he got his fucking Jaw broken and yet we still haven't heard about a possible rematch with Miranda. These moves = Bitchass IMO

Calzaghe fucking waits untill B-Hop is 40+ before feeling froggy and coming over here and making the fight happen. Calfaggy wanted no part of him or RJJ when they where in their primes and all of a sudden this mutherfucker cares about his legacy. This alone = Bitchass IMO

Hatton-see above

Kessler-the straw that broke the camels back with me. I will for ever look at Eurotrash fighters in a negative light untill they can prove otherwise.

Abraham sells out stadiums in Germany.

LOL... You know B-Hop fought Oscar and Trinidad right??? Dude, these guys are WELTERWEIGHTS.

I'm sorry, but your posts are ignorant and basically garbage.

I take it you like Miranda?? I won a $hit load of money on Pavlik knowing that Miranda went tooth and nail with Eastman.

Watch the Abraham fight again too, it's not a one sided beatdown like you are claiming......
Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]383899[/snapback]
Dude, this isn't BloodSport, they aren't fighting in the Kumite....

Hatton sells out stadiums in England..... HE NEVER had to come to the states... Do you know what a live gate of over 25,000 people is like????

Lame excuse???... Everyone knows that people call out Oscar, Manny, Ricky BECAUSE they will get paid.

BTW, what do you think of Kimbo now that he doesn't do backyard brawling anymore?? Is he a bitch?... You know why he doesn't do that anymore right? Because now he is getting PAID. You don't see him turning down big money so he can have "Street CRED" so you can say he's HARD---

Stop making excuses for Hatton's feminine dealings. I don't and won't respect it. He is fighter he gets payed to fight he will sell out stadium fighting anybody in England. Why not sell it out beat someones ass that has been talking slick and Is worthy of the shot? No matter how much you try to justify it, it is still a bitchmove.

As far Kimbo is concerned he is still green as fighter so and no wear near the top on that MMA tip so he is just building his record and experience. You can't really compare a propects career with that of a seasoned champ.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]383903[/snapback]
But they are better skilled and definetly have better chins than Miranda. The point was that you said he is a bitch for turning down this fight when actually he has fought very good opposition.

There is difference between fighting someone who will more than likely beat you on points than fighting some that if they beat you is going knock you into next tuesday. The way he handled the situation from the beginning brings up red flaggs about his heart.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]383904[/snapback]

LOL... You know B-Hop fought Oscar and Trinidad right??? Dude, these guys are WELTERWEIGHTS.

I take it you like Miranda?? I won a $hit load of money on Pavlik knowing that Miranda went tooth and nail with Eastman.

Watch the Abraham fight again too, it's not a one sided beatdown like you are claiming......

Miranda made tons of mistakes in the Abraham fight, he didn't establish a proper distance, he headbutted and he didn't punch enough. Plus Abraham almost stopped him in one round I believe and that was after he had his jaw broken. Miranda can punch and that alone will win him a lot of fights. But anyone who can nullify his power will most likely beat him. Plus his chin is not all that great, Eastman wobbled him, Green dropped him, Pavlik stopped him and he got dropped before the Eastman fight I believe. But at least he fights anyone any time.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:29 PM) [snapback]383906[/snapback]
There is difference between fighting someone who will more than likely beat you on points than fighting some that if they beat you is going knock you into next tuesday. The way he handled the situation from the beginning brings up red flaggs about his heart.

LOL, so because he won't fight Miranda he is a pussy?
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2008, 04:34 PM) [snapback]383908[/snapback]
LOL, so because he won't fight Miranda he is a pussy?

I said it from the beginning its not that he didn't fight Miranda that makes him a pussy. It's the way he handled the situation. I could understand if he had a more attractive fight on the table, but what does he have right now?

Exactly, he bitched out of the fight. End of story
Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]383904[/snapback]

Those where big money fights for B-Hop. I'm not saying that a fighter can't go for the money but he has to take the meaningfull as well in order get respect, or at least my respect anyway. B-Hop has taken on all comer when he was MW Champ and was calling Cal and Roy the whole time so your point is moot, Homey you are just trying to justify the unjustifiable.

And for the record I don't even follow Miranda like that. In fact this is the first time that I have posted anything about him on this Message board and I have been on here almost a year. The bottom line is this Kessler went out like a bitch.

Oh. I never said that it was one sided beatdown but the fact that winner of the fight left the fight more fucked then the loser warants an immediate rematch IMHO. But yet we wait.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]383909[/snapback]
I said it from the beginning its not that he didn't fight Miranda that makes him a pussy. It's the way he handled the situation. I could understand if he had a more attractive fight on the table, but what does he have right now?
Exactly, he bitched out of the fight. End of story

The man has fought Siaca, Mundine, Lucas, Beyer,Andrade and Calzaghe but because he won't fight Miranda, who is not even in the top 10 at supermiddleweight he is a bitch? You must have pretty high standards in order to classify someone a man, like being a puncher, LOL.

Look I'd like to see him fight Miranda too and if he doesn't and fights a lesser fighter would suck. But to say that he is not a man because he won't fight Miranda is a bit far-fetched.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2008, 04:46 PM) [snapback]383913[/snapback]
The man has fought Siaca, Mundine, Lucas, Beyer,Andrade and Calzaghe but because he won't fight Miranda, who is not even in the top 10 at supermiddleweight he is a bitch? You must have pretty high standards in order to classify someone a man, like being a puncher, LOL.

Look I'd like to see him fight Miranda too and if he doesn't and fights a lesser fighter would suck. But to say that he is not a man because he won't fight Miranda is a bit far-fetched.

I didn't say he is not man I said he went out like bitch and his heart pumps kool-aid. Thats all. I mean he pulled out of a fight with a guy that was basically throwing him under the bus before any negotiations. I'm sorry, but that whole situation doesn't look right. Unless he has family member die on him or he got injured and doesn't want to tell anybody he exibited some grade "A" bitchassness.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]383911[/snapback]
Those where big money fights for B-Hop. I'm not saying that a fighter can't go for the money but he has to take the meaningfull as well in order get respect, or at least my respect anyway. B-Hop has taken on all comer when he was MW Champ and was calling Cal and Roy the whole time so your point is moot, Homey you are just trying to justify the unjustifiable.
And for the record I don't even follow Miranda like that. In fact this is the first time that I have posted anything about him on this Message board and I have been on here almost a year. The bottom line is this Kessler went out like a bitch.
Oh. I never said that it was one sided beatdown but the fact that winner of the fight left the fight more fucked then the loser warants an immediate rematch IMHO. But yet we wait.

In order to get respect from who??? You---a guy that has a fantasy league??? There is a business side to boxing HOMEY....

I'm not hating on B-Hop. The guys is 1st ballot HOF. But below are the FACTS.

After he fought a blown up Trinidad.

Daniels
Hakkar
Joppy
Allen

Not exactly a murderers row.

One last thing-- what point of mine was moot?? What are your referencing??

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]383914[/snapback]
I didn't say he is not man I said he went out like bitch and his heart pumps kool-aid. Thats all. I mean he pulled out of a fight with a guy that was basically throwing him under the bus before any negotiations. I'm sorry, but that whole situation doesn't look right. Unless he has family member die on him or he got injured and doesn't want to tell anybody he exibited some grade "A" bitchassness.

So is he a man or is he a bitch?
CreDog
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 26 2008, 02:56 PM) [snapback]383916[/snapback]
So is he a man or is he a bitch?

LOL... It's like what I say to my wife sometimes "I didn't call you a bitch, I meant you were ACTING like a bitch" Big difference huh...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]383917[/snapback]
LOL... It's like what I say to my wife sometimes "I didn't call you a bitch, I meant you were ACTING like a bitch" Big difference huh...

LOL.

The bottom line for is that it's a shame that Kessler isn't fighting Miranda but I dislike it when an average Joes calls a world class fighter a bitch.
D-MARV
It looks like a bitch ass move on Kessler's part but I have to wait and hear what he has to say about the situation!
Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]383915[/snapback]
In order to get respect from who??? You---a guy that has a fantasy league??? There is a business side to boxing HOMEY....

I'm not hating on B-Hop. The guys is 1st ballot HOF. But below are the FACTS.

After he fought a blown up Trinidad.

Daniels
Hakkar
Joppy
Allen

Not exactly a murderers row.

One last thing-- what point of mine was moot?? What are your referencing??

Why are you acting like I'm saying these guys can't make their money? Are you actually reading what I write or is the dislexia getting the best of you? It's not like Kessler was not going to get paid to fight, or like Cal is making more money now then he would have if he had fought B-Hop after the Trinidad fight. None your excuses pan out.

The fact that while he was fight Blown up Welters. He was trying to get big money and meaningfull fights with Roy and Faggy. It's not his fault that neither one of them wanted to fight him at that time. And as far as the list you put up. Who else was there at MW at that time. [Katt Williams voice] I'll wait [Katt Williams voice]
Mean Mister Mustard
I wish Hopkins would have fought Toney back in 2003.
CreDog
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2008, 03:02 PM) [snapback]383919[/snapback]
It looks like a bitch ass move on Kessler's part but I have to wait and hear what he has to say about the situation!

I CANT IMAGINE Kessler being afraid to fight Miranda based on him going to Joe C's backyard. That basically showed me he is a Viking Warrior who is down to squab- anytime, anywhere.

Mister-- you've mentioned some of Kesslers past opponents... THAT'S A DAMN GOOD RESUME.

99% of fighters have the biggest ego's--- shit they fight for a living-- that is one of the ballsy's things you can do.

NOW, I've got to assume that when a fight is turned down that it is usually made by someone other than the fighter IE. manager, promoter ETC... (Palle or Marley)

CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]383921[/snapback]
The fact that while he was fight Blown up Welters. He was trying to get big money and meaningfull fights with Roy and Faggy. It's not his fault that neither one of them wanted to fight him at that time. And as far as the list you put up. Who else was there at MW at that time. [Katt Williams voice] I'll wait [Katt Williams voice]

Hop fought at 160 and Joe fought at 168. Just so you know..... If you don't think B-Hop was equally to blame for the fight not coming off with Roy than you must have not followed the whole story.

Taking on all comers??? I didn't know Moradde Hakkar was a comer.

Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 05:19 PM) [snapback]383925[/snapback]
Hop fought at 160 and Joe fought at 168. Just so you know..... If you don't think B-Hop was equally to blame for the fight not coming off with Roy than you must have not followed the whole story.

So what. Look don't talk to me like I'm some rookie to this shit. An eight pound jump would have been nothing for Hop so again your point is moot.

With Roy it was nothing more than a money issue thats why I don't harp on it. But Zag was in wales fighting Tomato Cans for like fifteen years. Fuck out here with that bullshit.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]383926[/snapback]
So what. Look don't talk to me like I'm some rookie to this shit. An eight pound jump would have been nothing for Hop so again your point is moot.

With Roy it was nothing more than a money issue thats why I don't harp on it. But Zag was in wales fighting Tomato Cans for like fifteen years. Fuck out here with that bullshit.

You are a moron. Plain and simple, I've read your posts and responded-- but seriously it's pointless because of all of the garbage that you reply back with..... unsubstantiated without fact.

If you don't like my opinion, I could give 2 shits.

I get that you have an opinion too, but stop acting like a douchebag.

And more than likely, I am responding back to a 15 year old with ADHD.....

Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]383927[/snapback]
You are a moron. Plain and simple, I've read your posts and responded-- but seriously it's pointless because of all of the garbage that you reply back with..... unsubstantiated without fact.
If you don't like my opinion, I could give 2 shits.

I get that you have an opinion too, but stop acting like a douchebag.

And more than likely, I am responding back to a 15 year old with ADHD.....

v

Your momma's moron muthafucka. lets leave it right there because by the way you are responding to these posts you are exibiting some bitchmade tendencies. And if you where here I would say it to your face so don't get it twisted.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:40 PM) [snapback]383930[/snapback]
v

Your momma's moron muthafucka. lets leave it right there because by the way you are responding to these posts you are exibiting some bitchmade tendencies. And if you where here I would say it to your face so don't get it twisted.

LOL... Real tough you keyboard gangster....I'm not leaving it right there bitch... So-what?? You're going to respond back to this with another your momma's a moron muthafucka??? LOL

So what now?? Say it to your face in your grandma's basement??

You are really embarassing!!

AussieLad
Kessler would make miranda look like a piece of garbage. Miranda is not the next big thing at super middle. Who gives a fuck if he doesnt fight him
anthonyaccurate
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 05:19 PM) [snapback]383925[/snapback]

I'm confused. How does B-hop have anything to do with your points about Kessler? In his 40's he fought/fighting...

Taylor 2X
Tarver
Wink
Calzaghe

Why didn't you point this out? I know why, cause it doesn't support your weak, irrelevant argument. Why are you even comparing, as you put it, a first ballot hall of famer with a guy who got called out, reluctantly signed, was given every concession for the fight, and still pulled out without a reason? I'm not going to say one way or the other if he's a bitch, put you bringin up B Hop was fuckin retarded to say the least bro..... thumbsdown_anim.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE(CreDog @ Mar 26 2008, 05:49 PM) [snapback]383932[/snapback]
LOL... Real tough you keyboard gangster....I'm not leaving it right there bitch... So-what?? You're going to respond back to this with another your momma's a moron muthafucka??? LOL

So what now?? Say it to your face in your grandma's basement??

You are really embarassing!!

Why is it that everytime the internet faggots get their cards pulled they accuse somebody of being a "gangsta". That shit is so funny to me. It's like fucking clockwork.

You would be the defending actions of a lame. You have shown me everything I want to know about you, and I wash my hands of your kind. The bitchassness is contageous.
Douchebag
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Mar 26 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]383933[/snapback]
Kessler would make miranda look like a piece of garbage. Miranda is not the next big thing at super middle. Who gives a fuck if he doesnt fight him

It's a convenient excuse I will give him that.
CreDog
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 26 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]383937[/snapback]
Why is it that everytime the internet faggots get their cards pulled they accuse somebody of being a "gangsta". That shit is so funny to me. It's like fucking clockwork.
You would be the defending actions of a lame. You have shown me everything I want to know about you, and I wash my hands of your kind. The bitchassness is contageous.

Get their cards pulled?? They accuse you douche, because of the language that you use-- Like you've been listening to Snoop and Dre. "don't get it twisted homey"

I did not type that you are a "Gangsta" but a "Keyboard Gangsta" big difference.

CreDog
QUOTE(anthonyaccurate @ Mar 26 2008, 03:54 PM) [snapback]383935[/snapback]
I'm confused. How does B-hop have anything to do with your points about Kessler? In his 40's he fought/fighting...

Taylor 2X
Tarver
Wink
Calzaghe

Why didn't you point this out? I know why, cause it doesn't support your weak, irrelevant argument. Why are you even comparing, as you put it, a first ballot hall of famer with a guy who got called out, reluctantly signed, was given every concession for the fight, and still pulled out without a reason? I'm not going to say one way or the other if he's a bitch, put you bringin up B Hop was fuckin retarded to say the least bro..... thumbsdown_anim.gif

Your confused because you probably didn't read the whole post..... go back and read the whole post, you should know that posts go many different directions than the original topic.

DUDE! Of course B-Hop doesn't have anything to do with Kessler...... If you read one of my posts---- I CLEARLY MENTION THAT B-Hop is a 1st ballot HOF'er.. HOWEVER----- that doesn't mean he didn't have a streak of fighting guys that were questionable

Hakkar, Allen, Daniels, Joppy--no matter what they were ranked by the embarassing sanctioning bodies.

Point out what??? I wasn't debating Hopkins resume'---- OF COURSE he's fought big names. albeit a couple of big names that were not originally in his weight class.

I brought up B-Hop you fucking moron because the topic strayed... BTW... you don't know why Kessler pulled out or do you have the inside scoop??? Stop speculating, because you don't know.

I can tell you don't put 1+1 together too well......
Thegreatequalizer
witter is european.

also, calzaghe did call out b-hop. but i guess b-hop was being a "bitch" because he wanted his 20 defenses at middleweight.

and don't forget, lots of people were questioning hopkins (pre-tarver) that he wasn't that great because he hadn't moved up to challenge bigger guys and was fighting a lot of naturally smaller guys. then he proved people wrong. so you never know.
D-MARV
Come on Fellaz! This is a forum and this is a great place to debate but you guys are taking it too far!
Let's keep talking Boxing not about Gangsters and Keyboard Gangsters
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2008, 05:17 PM) [snapback]383951[/snapback]
Come on Fellaz! This is a forum and this is a great place to debate but you guys are taking it too far!

Yeah, so we all disagree every once in a while. No need to go apeshit over boxing.
streetlion1
The only euro fighter I really thought anything of was Lennox Lewis. Abraham is young enough that he may still show his nuts one day. Hatton is a fighter..I like the way he at least brought it to PBF..though he took an ass whippin. Calzaghe has hibernated in europe his whole career and like Hatton when he comes to America to fight B-Hop he'll take an ass whippin as well! Hopkins cant be put in the same sentence with the likes of guys who stayed over seas and built thier records on lesser competition. Kessler just proved what I thought and thats he doesnt want any part of Miranda...I dont think much of either of them and really didnt care about the fight anyway. I dont know if I would call Euro fighters bitches..but I dont hold them to the same standard as American fighters.

-To me there is one true bitch in boxing and his name is Floyd Gayweather jr. laugh.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Mar 26 2008, 06:14 PM) [snapback]383947[/snapback]
witter is european.

also, calzaghe did call out b-hop. but i guess b-hop was being a "bitch" because he wanted his 20 defenses at middleweight.

and don't forget, lots of people were questioning hopkins (pre-tarver) that he wasn't that great because he hadn't moved up to challenge bigger guys and was fighting a lot of naturally smaller guys. then he proved people wrong. so you never know.

I said so many european fighters, I never said they all were.
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Mar 26 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]383951[/snapback]

I'm done with that clown I won't even read his posts anymore.
Don Flamenco
Last update: 02-12-2008 Read more by Mark Vester

Bernard Hopkins: "The British are Arrogant"

By Mark Vester

In a recent interview with The Guardian , recognized light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins held nothing back when talking about his April 19 showdown with WBA/WBO/WBC super middleweight champ Joe Calzaghe in Las Vegas. He also voiced his opinion on the British fans in general.

Hopkins says that when he confronted Calzaghe last December in Las Vegas, and telling the Welsh fighter that he would never "lose to a white boy," Calzaghe's face began to fill with fear. Last week, it was Calzaghe who claimed that Hopkins was the fighter with fear in his eyes.

"I looked him right in his face and said, 'I ain't ever gonna lose to a white boy,'" Hopkins said. "He looked petrified. Scared. Shocked. Uncomfortable. This is what I read in his eyes and his demeanour. Ninety-nine per cent of eye contact gives you a feel for the person you're facing. The first reaction is everything. And even though he will fight it, there is fear inside him - not of me but fear of defeat. A guy that never lost fears losing. But I have nothing to lose. I go into that ring fighting like I fought from day one when I came out of the penitentiary."

"He now has to train on emotion, to show that this white guy can beat me. That statement was important because he understands that I walk a dangerous line. It's dangerous because writers can twist it anyhow they want to. But isn't this, strangely enough, what Bernard needs to do to keep himself focused?"

Hopkins then spoke about the rivalry between Americans and Brits, and plans to use that rivalry to his advantage. He also notes that British fighters are known for getting exposed on the highest level and that is their ultimate downfall in the sport.

"You gotta understand that this thing now is also going to become a little ugly as we go on this press tour. A good percentage of Brits don't like Americans. In some ways we think we're better than them. In a lot of ways they think they're better than us," Hopkins said.

"This goes back in time with the Brits. They're very arrogant. They got this disposition about themselves. I'm going to bring out the worst in them because I'm going to need that - to fuel the fire. That's also promotional thinking, making this fight as huge as it possibly can be. But I'm not creating a false impression. They've already booed the national anthem [before Hatton fought Mayweather]. And the Brit fighter has always been known for being exposed at the highest level. That's their biggest downfall."

In a near evil tone, Hopkins presented his gameplan to viciously punish Calzaghe to the point where his father and trainer, Enzo, would be forced to run in the ring to stop the fight in order to prevent further punishment.

"I gotta get to the father. Punish him and take Joe to a place he never been. [Enzo] will become more of a dad on April 19. They're very close. Listen, they kiss each other on the mouth before every fight. That's love. That's blood. What man wants his son badly hurt? It's not going to be easy but they're going to see blood and busted up marks they've never seen. And, y'know, Joe takes pride in his good looks. I never took pride in that. I understand what God made me look like. This is the Executioner's resumé: take his speed, take his looks, and the father comes in to save him."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester
The CEO
Knowledge for the people right there...^^^

Bernard always has his opponents' Mental on lock.
Fitz
Wow. Bernard Hopkins is good. He does it so differently than the typical trash talkers that try get under peoples skin. He makes them think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.