Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite round in boxing?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I'm not talking about a single round from a single fight, I'm talking about a specific round that you get a little excited for when it approaches. A round that stands out for you from past fights?
There are a few for me and without doing some lengthy research on everything that's happened in that round, I'm going to mention things off the top of my head.
Well I nominate round 10.
  • Douglas KO10 Tyson
  • Corrales TKO10 Castillo
  • Mayweather and Judah riot
  • Mayweather KO10 Hatton
  • Holyfield vs Bowe round 10
  • Benn KO10 McClellan

There's probably more, but yeah round 10 is a round that for some reason, I always look forward to. Another round that I like is round 9. Round 11 is decent as well.
JD
Hagler - Hearns round 1.
Byrd Man
Gatti-Ward 1 - Round 9
Fitz
Just close the thread.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 26 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]384006[/snapback]
Just close the thread.

LMAO - I understood your point to the thread Fitz.

I was actually thinking this past Saturday of posting a nearly identical thread after Casamayor's 10th round KO... I was thinking about the 10th round being a historically good round and the first fights that came to mind were Bowe/Holyfield I and Corrales/Castillo I as fights with superb round 10's.
BrutalBodyShots
Just a few others that came to mind after a little bit of thought:

Mayweather over Corrales in 10
Vasquez TKO10 Gonzalez
Pacquiao stopping Morales for the first time ever in 10
Mosley waxing Vargas II in 10
Holyfield's impressive stoppage of Dokes in 10
And the most impressive IMO = Foreman's come from behind single right hand in the 10th on Moorer
Fitz
Those are pretty good examples as well. I thought of Mayweather-Corrales, but for some reason, off the top of my head I thought Mayweather-Corrales ended in the 11th. So without checking, I conceded it ended in the 11th, lol. But yeah that's a good one.

Byrd Man
lol...sorry Fitzy
Fitz
Haha, it's cool.
rusty_trombone
round 1
BigG
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 27 2008, 05:01 AM) [snapback]384017[/snapback]
round 1

Yeah, round 1 wasnt bad. Tyson KO's Spinks, Liston KO's Patterson, and John Ruiz got knocked the fuck out by David Tua
kidbazooka1
Gomez vs Pintor rd 3

Sanchez vs Gomez rd 8

Franklin vs Johnson I think it was rd 8

Davis vs Breland rd 9

Chavez vs Taylor rd 12

Norris vs Waters rd 2

Chavez vs Taylor II rd 4

Fitz
I know round 9 has had some ok moments. I'm drawing a blank here, but in recent times, the ones that come to mind are. Anyone else think of other moments that happened in round 9?
  • Hopkins KO9 De La Hoya
  • Johnson KO9 Jones Jr
  • Gatti-Ward round 9

Also round 12
  • Hopkins TKO Trinidad
  • Trinidad TKO Vargas
  • Chavez TKO Taylor

JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 26 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]384006[/snapback]
Just close the thread.

LOL...no. I have steered it in a direction that will make for some good discussion...not the silliness of "oh boy...it's round 10, this fight is about to get gooooooooooood!!!!!!"

drinks.gif
Fitz
Good discussion? Won't we get the same cliche answers that we always get when discussing the best rounds? Yes we know round 5 of Morales-Barrera was good, we know round 10 of Corrales-Castillo and Holyfield-Bowe was good. I just wanted it to go a little further than that. lol.
JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 27 2008, 08:52 AM) [snapback]384032[/snapback]
Good discussion? Won't we get the same cliche answers that we always get when discussing the best rounds? Yes we know round 5 of Morales-Barrera was good, we know round 10 of Corrales-Castillo and Holyfield-Bowe was good. I just wanted it to go a little further than that. lol.

I am sorry, Fitz...but this thread proved to be a little too wild and crazy. I needed to bring it back to what we know best.

I hope you understand.

Anyway...Hamed - Kelley round 2.
Fitz
Appreciate the effort (steering it in the right direction). I was always taught by my parents that it's always the thought that counts. friends.gif
JD
I'm here to help, my man.

Ali - Frazier III round 7.
BrutalBodyShots
I liked your original thread idea Fitz, even if the others didn't and/or didn't get it. At least your idea wasn't one that was already done a thousand times.

Fitz
Haha, thanks. That's what I wanted as well, as I have seen the best rounds of boxing threads too many times, lol.
JD
Yeah...thats cool and all, but it was a silly idea. It would have never gained traction...here, let me help...

Sosa - Williams I round 6.
Fitz
JD
Holyfield - Qawi round 14.
BrutalBodyShots
Oh well.

JD
LOL...I am fucking around.

Have at it, fellas.
Maxy
Round 13 just because I miss it like crazy when the commentators used to say "Round 13, now we enter the championship rounds!"
PR316
Too many to name but I'll give it a stab.

Robinson/Lamotta 6- Round 11- Lamotta throws everything at Robinson, and then Sugar comes back and puts together some pinpoint combinations with lethal accuracy basically giving Lamotta a beating.

Morales/Barrera I- Round 5- Morales starts strong, then Barrera really hammers him down the stretch of that round.

Holyfield/Bowe I Round 10- Holyfield gets staggered and appears on the way out and then somehow comes up with the energy to bring it back to Bowe.

Mayweather/Hatton- Round 8- Quality stuff as Mayweather turns up the attack on Hatton and reverses the roles with Ricky in trouble on the ropes.

BrutalBodyShots
Sigh.

Fitz
Haha.
JD
LOL...I thought that was a terrific contribution.
Mean Mister Mustard
The championship rounds are the ones I look foward too, specially when it's a world class fighter who gets stronger as the fight goes on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.