Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hatton Eyes Rematch With Mayweather in 09?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag

Hatton Eyes Rematch With Mayweather in 09?

According to a report by RTE, Ricky Hatton might land a rematch with WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2009. Hatton was stopped by Mayweather last December in Las Vegas. The report states that a rematch would take place across the ocean in Wembley. Hatton returns against Juan Lazcano on May 24 and Mayweather has been penciled in for a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya on September 20.

Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy promotions, who recently signed Hatton, revealed to RTE that rematch talks have take place and Mayweather is interested.

"It's very likely that Floyd will come over next spring. Floyd and his manager Al Hayman are very serious about it," said Schaefer. "The first fight was great and while Floyd would have to get past Oscar first, he knows that Ricky has talked about the referee. He wants to show that he will repeat what happened the first time. That's his motivation."

"Floyd realizes that Hatton is the most beloved fighter in the world and for him to come over to Wembley Stadium is making history. For Ricky it's about challenges and it's the same for Floyd. Fighting in front of 100,000 fans would be huge motivation for Floyd.'

BrutalBodyShots
Hatton would just get stopped again, and probably sooner.

Hatton needs to go to and stay at 140 pounds. Once Mayweather leaves 147 for good in a few years maybe Hatton can make a run there.

Douchebag
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 27 2008, 01:20 PM) [snapback]384078[/snapback]
Hatton would just get stopped again, and probably sooner.

Hatton needs to go to and stay at 140 pounds. Once Mayweather leaves 147 for good in a few years maybe Hatton can make a run there.

Hatton retires as soon as he can't make 140 anymore. Anyone of the top welters beats him IMO.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 27 2008, 01:26 PM) [snapback]384082[/snapback]
Hatton retires as soon as he can't make 140 anymore. Anyone of the top welters beats him IMO.

There's a good chance though that the top welters will be moving to 154 around the time Hatton can't make 140 any longer.

CreDog
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Mar 27 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]384083[/snapback]
There's a good chance though that the top welters will be moving to 154 around the time Hatton can't make 140 any longer.

Don't need to see this again. Mayweather beats Hatton 10 out of 10.

He doesn't even have a punchers chance because Mayweather has a pretty sturdy beard.

This time he knocks him out in a couple of rounds.
BigG
Sounds like Hatton just wants one last mega payday. The first fight was a great onesided fight. Not interested in a rematch. I'd be MORE interested in a Judah-Mayweather rematch even because that was at least competitive.

Mayweather-Cotto in 09 please.
The CEO
This tells me Hatton is willing to take another beating/loss for another big payday.....you wanna talk about a money hungry fighter who don't give a fuck about his in ring Legacy? There he is, folks.

I'm pretty sure he even went on record somewhere saying he was aspiring to go the De La Hoya route....

Mean Mister Mustard
Hatton is pretty one dimensional against Mayweather, he can't outhustle him and he can't outbox him. Maybe if Hatton trains extra hard and learns not to lunge in with wide punches he can make it the full 12 but I doubt it.

If I had to choose between a Hatton rematch or a Judah rematch I'd go with Judah, there's always a chance that Judah gets on his toes and outboxes Mayweather like he was doing in the early rounds.

By the way George, you have not replied to my PM, WTF?
BigG
laugh.gif Sorry bro...I just replied.
Mean Mister Mustard
Cool. Thanks.
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 27 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]384092[/snapback]
This tells me Hatton is willing to take another beating/loss for another big payday.....you wanna talk about a money hungry fighter who don't give a fuck about his in ring Legacy? There he is, folks.

Yeah I think that first sentence is bang on the button. Hatton has no chance at 147 and only about a 15% chance at 140...but Floyd will never box at 140 again IMO...so that's that.

As for his legacy...worldwide it's never going to be all that anyway but in Britian he'll go down as one of the...ahem...best ever we've produced...

Well come on man, we're only a little place after all....

Personally I'd love to see the fight at Wembley because I would get the chance to see one of the best fighters in the world, in the flesh. Don't happen often over here!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 27 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]384092[/snapback]
you wanna talk about a money hungry fighter who don't give a fuck about his in ring Legacy? There he is, folks.

You're talking about Mayweather, right?

If Floyd fought a rematch with Hatton following his rematch with Oscar without having faced Cotto (or Shane) first he would officially be the biggest butfuck pansy wimp pussy faggot this sport has ever seen.
Maxy
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 27 2008, 03:03 PM) [snapback]384101[/snapback]

If Floyd fought a rematch with Hatton following his rematch with Oscar without having faced Cotto (or Shane) first he would officially be the biggest butfuck pansy wimp pussy faggot this sport has ever seen.

laugh.gif

Yeah Floyd definitely HAS to fight Cotto. That's a given in my book.
CreDog
Hatton is a tough kid... But even in his biggest win against Kostya Tszyu he was more mauling and dirty boxing than anything.

He has become John Ruiz lite....

BigG
Why not just feed Hatton to Cotto if hatton wants another big payday? It would be fun to watch.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 27 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]384106[/snapback]
Why not just feed Hatton to Cotto if hatton wants another big payday? It would be fun to watch.

A one time...2...3 years ago at 140 that was the best fight out there for me...nowadays at 147 its a brutal mismatch.
Hatton will have to be bankrupt to take that fight.
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 27 2008, 04:10 PM) [snapback]384106[/snapback]

I would drink quart of blood to see this fight. It would be worth it too.............
Big Slim Sweet
If Hatton is smart he should wait to see what shakes out at 135 this year. If Pacquiao looks good I wouldn't be shocked to see him going up to 140 by '09.
JD
Trying to avenge your only loss against a better opponent...

Fighting a guy you already dominated instead of better, different, more deserving and more interesting comp...

LOL...
The CEO
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Mar 27 2008, 04:03 PM) [snapback]384101[/snapback]

LOL!!

I'd be careful if I were you, Slim....Mayweather makes his haters his motivators.... wink.gif

and to be honest...no matter who fights who in the future....when it comes to pussy ass faggotry, Mayweather pales in comparison to Hatton.

Mayweather, throughout his career, has taken wayyyy more risks than Hatton has...so much so that I don't even have to explain it...

QUOTE(Maxy @ Mar 27 2008, 04:07 PM) [snapback]384104[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Yeah Floyd definitely HAS to fight Cotto. That's a given in my book.

and I agree with this...he has to...and he will.

I'm convinced Mayweather doesn't see Cotto as a boogeyman......but as lucrative opportunity. I'm pretty sure they will fight when it's financially best for both parties...
Don Flamenco
I think the more appropriate rematch would be Hatton Vs. Collazo.

No more rematches for PBF. That shit aint good for the sport. We need boxing to continue to have good fights not this same ol shit the casual fans keep getting suckered into.
The Original MrFactor
Not interested in seeing Hatton fight Mayweather again. I'd be interested in Hatton/Witter... Oh... Oh... Witter beats his ass but for alot less money. Very transparent Hatton...
streetlion1
If it happened it would be a Typical Gayweather move. Take an easy opponent with suspect boxing skills who he already beat instead of fighting the best out there.
JD
Not interested in this at all.

Both guys will get paid...but here is the difference; to get paid, Hatton is going to fight the absolute best possible opponent he can...Floyd, on the other hand, is not going to fight the best possible or most deserving opponent he can.

YAWN...

Oh well, I guess it beats The Big Show at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.