Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corey "Stinks" vs. Vince Phillips
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Larry Merchant has often refereed to boxing as "The Theater of the Unexpected." Sometimes unexpected matches that boxing people may think are boring, turn out to be exciting. Anything can happen in the ring at any time. But unlike death and taxes, there are some elements of the fight game, that may not be totally certain, but can be reasonably predicted for a most likely outcome.

The certainty is that the IBF Super Welterweight Title Fight is going to be broadcast on Don King's new video stream-cast site, www.donkingtv.com. Another reasonable probability is the problems that people have in watching these webcasts, poor picture quality and/sound, computer configuration issues, etc.

The main issue, is that could Don King Productions have picked a more potentially boring.....I MEAN BORING fight than Spinks-Phillips for the test of the new site and service? Corey "Stinks", is hiding behind the Spinks name, but really is a crap fighter. Years ago, there was an article that said, "Is there anyone who CANNOT beat Leon Spinks?" Well , at least Leon had Ali. A fight that critics have said Ali lost the first match on purpose to make millions in a rematch, rather than take on a fourth Norton fight. Micheal was a good fighter, although today's generation just remembers Tyson smashing him in 91 seconds. This was the man who KO'd the great Marvin Johnson and unified against the tough as always Dwight Qawi. Corey's best, a split decision loss to Jermain Taylor, is hardly the stuff from which legends are made. And damn, the fucking crying when he wins. Get over it man! The one's who should be crying are those who are forced to watch Stinks' bouts!

Jack
Douchebag
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 27 2008, 05:06 PM) [snapback]384124[/snapback]
Larry Merchant has often refereed to boxing as "The Theater of the Unexpected." Sometimes unexpected matches that boxing people may think are boring, turn out to be exciting. Anything can happen in the ring at any time. But unlike death and taxes, there are some elements of the fight game, that may not be totally certain, but can be reasonably predicted for a most likely outcome.

The certainty is that the IBF Super Welterweight Title Fight is going to be broadcast on Don King's new video stream-cast site, www.donkingtv.com. Another reasonable probability is the problems that people have in watching these webcasts, poor picture quality and/sound, computer configuration issues, etc.

The main issue, is that could Don King Productions have picked a more potentially boring.....I MEAN BORING fight than Spinks-Phillips for the test of the new site and service? Corey "Stinks", is hiding behind the Spinks name, but really is a crap fighter. Years ago, there was an article that said, "Is there anyone who CANNOT beat Leon Spinks?" Well , at least Leon had Ali. A fight that critics have said Ali lost the first match on purpose to make millions in a rematch, rather than take on a fourth Norton fight. Micheal was a good fighter, although today's generation just remembers Tyson smashing him in 91 seconds. This was the man who KO'd the great Marvin Johnson and unified against the tough as always Dwight Qawi. Corey's best, a split decision loss to Jermain Taylor, is hardly the stuff from which legends are made. And damn, the fucking crying when he wins. Get over it man! The one's who should be crying are those who are forced to watch Stinks' bouts!

Jack

Damn Jack. You got Cory's soul burning slow right now. LOL
MarzB
I happen to like Cory Spinks sorry he's not that BS "tV FIGHTER" crap. We've seen whats happened to those guys (Katsidis, Diaz, etc) lately.

Good idea for DKP. I'm eager to see the card tonight. I think Devon Alexander is a very good prospect. He looked awesome against Corley..
STEVENSKI
I like your moxy Jack. Just translate it to PBF & reap the soul warming benifits of the hate. CEO has been mighty cold since December.
The CEO
That's the Beers' job nowadays, STEVEN...lol

but I'll tell ya...if people keep bringing up Hatton up, I might have to return to my old ways and start cracking some skulls.
Warlord
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 27 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]384124[/snapback]

Jack

From the first moment to the last, every single thing Cory Stinks did from his ring walk to his "victory speech" against Roman Karmazin led me to hate his ass with every breath I draw. Fuck that cunt. Crying like a little bitch at every turn.
buford54
I didn't mind him until the Karmazin fight either.
He always talks about being old-school...yet in a fight that many/most people thought he lost, he immediately refused and ruled out ever fighting Karmazin again because he wanted bigger money fights.
I'm really glad that the decision went against him last night.

It always sucks to hear him talk trash too. "I'm going to box his ears off." "You put the whole division on notice, whenever they are ready to get their socks boxed off, come see me."
How weak does that sound.
"Why I oughta! I'm mad enough to run around you in circles and throw pitty-pat 1-2's for 36 minutes!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.