Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins to work Mosley's corner for Judah fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
HOPKINS TO WORK MOSLEY'S CORNER FOR JUDAH FIGHT

FightHype.com has just been informed that light heavyweight king Bernard Hopkins will be assisting trainer Jack Mosley in the corner of three-division world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley for his upcoming May 31st clash with Zab Judah. Hopkins is certainly no stranger to giving advice to Mosley as he can often be seen shouting instructions from his seat to Mosley during several of his fights, including his most recent fight with Miguel Cotto.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2312.html
Mean Mister Mustard
This may be Mosley's best move since he threw his father out of the corner.
MarzB
I still don't see what Jack Mosley brings and I liked it when he was working with John David Jackson much better.

Anyways, sorta surprising considering Hop from what I knew had a good relationship with Judah. I'd love to see Zab win but Zab is in the "PROVE ME WRONG" zone now. Zab's a mental/tactical midget.

I'm not too impressed with Mosley but he does have a much sturdier chin. Mosley can be discouraged and often times shows poor body language in a fight. I don't think Zab unless he's at his absolute best (which may be too little too late)can beat Mosley.

EpTXCHAMP
nice this add's some more interest to this fight.

HBO shouldve done a 24/7 on this one zab is WELL.. zab, shane is the nice guy proffesional as can be,
plus I wouldve wanted to see when zab heads up to big bear to train with mayweather sr see what SR does or maybe even zab wouldve sparred with DLH couldve been some good stuff there to film
Fitz
I think its cool that some of the guys at GBP all help each other out in some way leading up to the fight.
streetlion1
I can definitely see B-Hop becoming a trainer when he retires!
BigG
My favorite fighter BHOP working the corner of the opponent of my 2nd favorite Super Zab....

I Agree that he should be a trainer heres no one craftier then BHOP in boxing today.

I expect Shane to get hurt early by quick left hands but expect this to be somewhat like the Collazo fight where Shane takes control late and wins a UD.
Method
My favorite fighter BHOP working the corner of the opponent of my 2nd favorite Super Zab....

WOW. This poses a major dilemma for Big G. Which avatar are you gonna rock after the fight? I guess whoever wins...

j/k.

To the guy that said Hops will be a trainer - He said he never could because he gets too frustrated as nobody shares the same discipline, and thus he can't deal.

As for him being in the corner, the joker in me says the reason could be one of two - Either Jin was so tired of listening to him scream instructions as he sat next to her during the Cotto fight that she arranged this, OR, they needed to put somebody in the corner that could keep track of the f'n rounds, as Jack just can't count.

All joking aside, I am kinda looking forward to this, because, despite Bernard's assertion that he doesn't have the patience to train, I think he would (and will) be a great corner man. I watched Tarver / Roy I with Hopkins, Naazim et al down here in Miami Beach (as Hopkins was in camp at the time), and he was very astute at his breakdown as we watched the fight...

...Although I will admit that early round instructions Hopkins was yelling at the TV were for Tarver to "HIT HIM IN THE CUP!" (true story).
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 28 2008, 09:54 AM) [snapback]384277[/snapback]
...Although I will admit that early round instructions Hopkins was yelling at the TV were for Tarver to "HIT HIM IN THE CUP!" (true story).

LOL!
Big Slim Sweet
I think this could be a great thing for Mosley. NOBODY sees everything at all times the way Hopkins does. I don't really believe Shane needs help breaking down Zab though. The blueprint has been written and copied before. Hop could be a huge asset for Shane however were he to work his corner for a Cotto rematch or potential bout with PBF.

With Floyd Sr and now Hop's involvement in the fight, I agree this could make for a nice 24/7. I believe this card is going to need all the extra push it can get to sell big numbers.
Method
I don't really believe Shane needs help breaking down Zab though. The blueprint has been written and copied before. Hop could be a huge asset for Shane however were he to work his corner for a Cotto rematch or potential bout with PBF.

Exactly. Agreed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.