Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So who all "in the business" posts on the forum?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Just wondering....I've heard that Ishe posts/posted on here, and Jin posts, and whatnot.

Who all posts here that is connected in the business outside of this website? Boxers, or managers, or promo guys or whatever. People that you say their name and most boxing fans know exactly who that is.

And what is their usernames on here?

Just wondering.
Fitz
I'm pretty sure that's it. I could be wrong though.
Warlord
I saw Ishe here posting during the Boxingtalk/Fighthype divorce. I gave him the advice that a real fighter should, perhaps, be spending more time training and less time making posts on the internet. He hasn't been back since.
Method
LOL.
Col Reb
They can be much more candid by not revealing their identities. While it would be cool to know some guys post (could increase their fanbase), there could be legal ramifications by giving us too much sensitive information. Also, we don't want the site to become a mouthpiece for any boxing entity like another site already is becoming.
Al Hata

I thought Luis Collazo posted here for a bit. Maybe it was an imposter, I dunno.
Byrd Man
I'm Chris Byrd, by the way. lol
Eaner0919
in the business? not really but I do work upon occasion with Team Margarito (last three fights) and have worked with Roberto Diaz, then advisor to Marco Barrera, matchmaker for Golden Boy
Douchebag
I'm Zab's weed man if that counts. LOL
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Mar 28 2008, 01:22 PM) [snapback]384321[/snapback]
I thought Luis Collazo posted here for a bit. Maybe it was an imposter, I dunno.

i remember that guy, he was fucking hilarious
Method

LOL. Who would claim to be Louie Collazo who wasn't. Ya know?

Max had what's his name...uhhh....Nate Campbell posting prior to his fight with Diaz. That's pretty cool that he was up in there talking his talk and then went out and got it done. Takes balls to lower yourself (not in a snobby way) down to the level of the fan, put yourself on equal ground (a public forum) where you can converse, they can criticize or freely speak their mind, respectfully disagree, and then to go out and prove the guys wrong, come back, and keep it all sportsman like. While I liked Juan Diaz, I was happy for Nate. I remember being in a few of his training sessions years ago when he would work with John David Jackson over at McGirt's gym in Vero Beach FL.

I mean, on the message boards, you're just another guy in 'gen pop'. No chat moderator to weed out inappropriate questions/comments. No Handlers to field phone calls and inquiries from media. No promotors or managers to step in to answer tough questions for you on the dais. I think it's pretty cool that guys do it...and even cooler when it works out. I know Cintron's ex-guys used to come on to the boards, and I actually started shooting the shit privately with one of his trainers/conditioners, who I actually wound up speaking to on the phone about working out and shit. Dude let me pick his brain about my training regimen and what not, and he sure as hell didn't have to do that.

Anyway, the posting thing didn't really work out to well with Ishe, man, as cats chased him from message board to message board. I think you gotta kinda do something first or prove yourself somehow for people on the forum level to kind of take you in and treat you respectfully. I mean, with Ishe, who I don't know personally and have nothing against personally, there was kinda that 'diva-ish' heir about him from The Contender. I mean, we all don't know how much of that is edited to fit a preconceived story line, but they didn't do the best job of portraying Ishe, and then his whiney shit after. I mean, the guy never fights yet he's always complaining about shit on the boards...and it's kinda like, as Warlord said, "man don't come in here bitching. Go fucking fight for christ's sake, and don't come back until ya do something. In the meantime, we're gonna talk about ya".

I don't know, I didn't have a chance to read the Nate Campbell thread, but I knew about it through covnersations with Steve Kim. Having not read it, maybe I am misinformed. Maybe he did get ridden. The artist formerly known as Pickledeggssays, who has since entered the witness protection program after RJ got KTFO, and has come back as Spontaneousfury (or vice versa), I believe, may have challenged Nate's chances, but not sure if he went below the belt with it all.

Anyway, would it be cool if a lot more actual players in the sport actively posted? Yes. Do I understand why they don't? Absolutely.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 28 2008, 09:24 PM) [snapback]384402[/snapback]
LOL. Who would claim to be Louie Collazo who wasn't. Ya know?

the guy on here that used to pretend to be collazo, it was pretty pathetic. but i guess it would have been even more pathetic if it was really collazo
BigG
I think Akay confirmed it wasnt him but it was funny because he'd talk so much shit about Ricky Hatton and everyone really believed it was Luis
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Mar 28 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]384405[/snapback]
everyone really believed it was Luis

everyone that was an idiot
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 28 2008, 09:24 PM) [snapback]384402[/snapback]
Anyway, would it be cool if a lot more actual players in the sport actively posted? Yes. Do I understand why they don't? Absolutely.

i wish margarito posted.
The CEO
I was bullshitting hard trying to convince everyone he was the real Collazo....and some really thought he was...lol....a notable name on The HHW as well...
BigG
laugh.gif Well not everyone...but some people believed he was really Luis. He'd say he was robbed vs. Hatton and some people would say "You lost Luis".
The CEO
lol...I think he presented himself in a pretty believable manner...but I understand the details on his IP gave him away...but if I'm not mistaken, they were coming from near where he lives....hmmmmmmm

It was entertaining when he posted....shows up right after the fight protesting...lol...he'd say simple shit like "Hatton holds.", "He was stepping on my foot.", "I won that fight."...his word choice, and the way he typed even had a Puerto Rican flavor to it...laugh.gif
stateofthegame
I know over at MMA.tv a ot of the UFC guys post on there including Tito Ortiz and Royce. It used to be a lot better because just about all of them were on. All of Miletich's guys were on there, and a lot of the really big names, but over time they have dwindled down due to fans running them off be saying stupid shit.

I remember Kevin Randleman used to come on and people would criticize that guy to extremes and he would get pissed and leave saying I'll never come back here.

For the longest time I did not really believe it was the real guys until Fabiano Iha came on and wanted everyone to send him their e-mail address saying he was going to hold a contest where he would give so many people a free ticket to the UFC (whe Randleman was going to fight Rizzo the first time) in Lake Charles, La. Since I live in South Arkansas I sent it to him and he informed me I was one of the guys chosen.

Still only half believing it to be a hoax, a buddy and me drove down figuring if it were a hoax I'd just get a ticket and go anyway. When we got there though it turned out to be legit. Iha took us to his room where we got to meet Joe Moriera and he gave me a ticket a a t-shirt. I must say it was an awesome time even though Iha lost his fight.
Eaner0919
FYI David Haye posts over at Max as well
Eaner0919
that I know of?

David Haye
Nate Campbell
Jess Leija

Tarver used to post on our board and made reference to it once but I am not sure if he does anymore

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.